Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller (25499 Views)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) Northern Teller Jobs (19 Positions) / United Bank For Africa (UBA) Entry-Level Teller Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by jikaseo(f): 5:17pm On May 24, 2021
Pls can I be your conductor? grin grin. This proofs are giving me chills. What city do you operate pls?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 5:21pm On May 24, 2021
jikaseo:
Pls can I be your conductor? grin grin. This proofs are giving me chills. What city do you operate pls?
Lasgidi
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by jikaseo(f): 5:30pm On May 24, 2021
God bless Lagos, God bless e-hailing, God bless US! Please imma reach you personally soonest...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 5:33pm On May 24, 2021
No P
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Duru9(m): 5:51pm On May 24, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
you say?

Bro I'm a bolt driver here in Abuja

It's not possible

Unless in Lagos sha
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Simplythebest: 6:02pm On May 24, 2021
Boss is like u are not in Nigeria and don't no whats happening here. We are talking about a married here who the house expenses is depending on him. Is like u don't know whats obtainable in banking industry as a contract staff especially a bank teller. There no job security he can be fired at any time without any compensation. This is Nigeria not America. 90 percent of people i know that did teller job and spend so many years in bank all are regretting it. Don't u know that most Nigeria jobs has age limit. He is not single anymore. Do u know what happened to UBA and access bank contract staffs. How many contract staffs they asked to go. This is Nigeria ur experience in the banking industry as a teller has little effect on u in the future. Most of them spent 7 years only know how to do debit and credit thats all. Not every teller has customer service experience. Assuming is full staff then i will advise him to go cus he has other benefits to enjoy. As a contract staff ur HMO if u have serious medical problem ur health insurance won't cover it as a contract staff. Ur medical is just like 5k a month and if u made mistake spend more than that u will pay. U have not thought about if they will post him close to him or far place. Someone stay in ikorodu and working in VI have to wake up 3:30am jn other to join the staff bus cus it always move by 4.15 in other to bet tranfic and u come back home every 10 or 11. Honestly u don't know much about bank industry cus if u do u won't advise a married man to work in a bank as a teller. Contract staff. Is just waste of time and energy.
okuta007:

was that the only reason i asked him to take the teller job? customer service soft skills, patience, attention to details, listening skills, empathy, ability to follow through a well structured and fast paced business environment, words positioning and so on are priceless skills you learn from such a job that no university will ever teach you - to you money is everything, why don’t you resign from the bank job and go drive ? why are you so desperate to have him be a driver without even having a feel of the corporate world ? regardless wether he gets hired as a permanent staff or not, if any opportunity to get a corporate job in future comes his way, which title do you think will get him that job easier ? - customer service agent XYZ Bank OR Uber/ Bolt Driver?

Now I am not saying he should not drive in future but Uber is going nowhere neither is Bolt, what is the reason for you advising him to catapult himself into a loop of unending misery without giving him a chance to fairly have a taste of both worlds and see if he can manage either ?

I know 2 people here in America who drive taxi cab and Uber with brand new cars - and this is America where riders tip so good but none of these guys live better than a store clerk working at 7/11. when you drive everyday - you will age considerably and the pay is never commensurate with the stress in it. If you doubt it, please resign your job and go drive so you can prove me wrong with your wonderful stories of success and happiness - I dey wait o grin
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Insectkiller: 6:04pm On May 24, 2021
If you have opportunity to get d Bank Teller Job, take it...
When u close from work, you can do BOLT work for 2hours...
OR better still do BOLT only on weekends..

Check out what you make from both..and make a choice...since you prefer money than other things based on ur write-up.

If you want good job environment, choose Bank Teller Job..
If you need daily pay/cash..take BOLT driving..

Congrats on your choice making..
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by emmancecute(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2021
nnamdi65:
Good morning

Please I want to start a temporary business as a Bolt Driver before I got bank teller offer of ₦70,000 monthly.

A friend told me as a Bolt Driver you can earn up to ₦40,000 to ₦60,000 comfortably 6days in a week.
And if I work harder 7am to 7pm I could earn upto ₦80,000 weekly on Bolt.
But I need to invest by buying my own ride (I've just ₦700,000)

And with the Uber or Bolt I can get to meet many people and I can even freelance Real estate or Housing Agent while driving unlike the bank work that doesn't give you enough time.
Note: I just married and I need to Carter for ther family.

Please what your advise.

if you own a car, uber/bolt is a better option. You can comfortably rake in 50k weekly though might be difficult as a rookie. You could do other hustle as well on your free time. There's a thread for uber/bolt in the business section, visit and read like 50 pages back and you'll know all that is needed to know. The key is getting a good car cos that's ur killer. You might regret taking the decision if you get a bad car, so think it through. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Abiliboi: 6:08pm On May 24, 2021
Grupo:
I have many people that work as bank tellers. So I'll give you advice and you decide on what you want.

End of discussion

One, being a bank teller is one of the most insecure jobs in Nigeria. Also, it has no career growth. You will earn the same amount for many years. especially if you are a contract staff.

There is high pressure on you. There is your supervisor behind you hurling orders and there is the customer before you shouting that you are wasting their time.

And if you dare make a mistake and over pay someone as a result of the pressure, you will pay back the bank with your own money.

If you make a mistake in a day and over pay someone by 50k, it means your salary for that month is already 20k.

You will work from 7 am to 7pm everyday. And you may need to work on weekends. Although banks pay extra for those weekend hours.

You could be sacked anytime. Especially if the bank feels you are no longer strong enough to bear the pressure.

They will sack you and employ a new batch of OND holders that are still very young, agile and strong.

On the positive side, if you are nice to customers, they may leave you tips after transactions. Although banks frown at this.

As for Uber driving, I don't know.

The money there is not as it used to be in the early days. But you may make more than the bank teller if you are driving your own car.

But you will need to put up with the annoying attitude of silly and rude girls who think they own you by simply riding in your car.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by 1daboi: 6:10pm On May 24, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Bolt business is better. Some people make as high as 40k on saturdays only. Some make close to 50k on festive days. If you like suffer head and stress go for the bank job. You can try the both of them sef and see how far
have u driven on bolt before? Come onboard. Na your body go tell you

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by winnah(f): 6:12pm On May 24, 2021
As a banker, as much as I hate Bank Jobs, it has her own advantages as well as disadvantages. So this is my advice to you.

Before I go into details, I have a colleague of mine, who took a loan to buy a very nice Toyota Corolla for the purposes of Uber. After work, he would switch to Uber and run it till 8pm. Today, he's one of the big boy in my branch... Even the BSM, looks up to him.

So bro!!! You said you just got married.... Take the bank job... Be polite with your customers... Always wear a smiling face, interact with them... There's what we call TYS (thank you sir) you'll be surprised with how much money you'll have every week through TYS. You need that experience... Your happy customer can take you to your dream job... I can give you so many examples and testimonies from my colleagues.
It's not easy to be a banker I won't dispute that fact, but you can as well make it easy and fun.

Your family also need that fixed monthly remuneration.

Secondly, go ahead and buy the car... Ensure to close and balance your book on time. Leave office on time... Run your Uber business at least from 5-8 or 6-8 and every weekend.

With this, within a year or six months you'll be able to make a valid decision. PLs take this as my candid advice.

God bless you sir.

6 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by detectivejones: 6:14pm On May 24, 2021
So there's money in this bolt thing, while someone I know who is a bolt driver complains more than a housewife

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by OJURONGBE1(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2021
Dmanky:
Lemme comment on what I know and with good experience in it, which is Bolt.

Bros no doubt they is money in this business(bolt). If u r single, you can meet up in the area of personal and domestic expenses, forget it if you are married with kids. You can barely meet up.

Just imagine making #70k in a week and the breakdown in the area of expenses are as follows:

1. Fueling for that week: #24,000
2. Bolt will collect their own commission of 20% or 25% as the case might be.
3. Personal and domestic will take 25,000.
4. Recharge cards and data will take #3,000
5. Car maintainance may take up to #10k

So you're left with nothing to save.....

The rat race starts the next day with hitting the road and not getting what is measurable to the effort you put into the business.

You'll understand better by the time you start.Experience they say is the best teacher.

Just have a plan B and possibly C of making money while doing Bolt or Uber

Their pricing is damn annoying and frustrating....

Both Uber and Bolt value their riders much more than you that have the car and same time maintains it, they don't give a jack about your welfare.

"They're killers( Uber and Bolt) of real hustlers efforts".

Goodluck Op!!!

Is this for home upkeep or rental payment to car owner?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by VcStunner(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2021
orgylover:
but eod what year because i hear say that car dey sabi break leg anyhow. besides i dont really see them using it for bolt
2004-2005. It's actually very much in use. About the leg thing, always listen to your car. The bolt joint will give you a sign before it goes bad, if you ignore it then it has no choice but to embarrass you smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by dharamanil(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2021
A quick break down of Bolt for you. 7am to 7pm is is = to 14 hours of driving round Lagos

80k a week is true but that's your gross earnings, when you subtract their commissions 20% of every trip, and fuel cost them you arrive at your profit.

It's is not easy, mind you, u must buy a sound car so that your 700k has to be up to 2million.

The. If you now decide to partner with a car owner, with all calculations been the same, you still have to pay weekly return of 25 to 30k depending on your agreement.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 7:09pm On May 24, 2021
dharamanil:
A quick break down of Bolt for you. 7am to 7pm is is = to 14 hours of driving round Lagos

80k a week is true but that's your gross earnings, when you subtract their commissions 20% of every trip, and fuel cost them you arrive at your profit.

It's is not easy, mind you, u must buy a sound car so that your 700k has to be up to 2million.

The. If you now decide to partner with a car owner, with all calculations been the same, you still have to pay weekly return of 25 to 30k depending on your agreement.

7am to 7pm is 12hrs

80k a week is net earnings. I've never done less than 100k net all my driving life. Net earnings is after commission, therefore net earnings is between 80k and 100k.

Fuel consumption isn't absolute, as it strictly depends on driving style and type of engine. Therefore, cost of fueling isn't fixed.

You don't need a 2m car to start anything. That's pure fallacy. Nigerian used cars with good maintenance records are good to go. A Toyota matrix sells for 1.3m

With 1.3m he needs not partner with nobody.

A typical 1.8 liter Toyota engine grosses 30k on 5k fuel. I know, I drive one. Therefore, with 20k weekly fuel, he grosses 120k a week. Bolt commission is 20% which also isn't absolute, as they give you free cash for meeting certain targets, but let's just stick to the facts without the targets.

From 120k, he pays 24k to bolt and 20k for fuel and is left with 76k net... Again, these are not permutations, this is what I do.

76k net a week is 304k per month. How he now spends his net income is totally his business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 7:15pm On May 24, 2021
To buttress my point, this is free 13k for me if I do 55 trips in 5 days.

Therefore after paying my commission for the week, they return 13k to me. Driving on Bolt goes beyond the ability to drive.

It requires passion and a strong will to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 7:23pm On May 24, 2021
6GB weekly data is 1500

And another 1k for calls.

Add 2500 to calculations

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by tobatele(m): 7:53pm On May 24, 2021
My advise to you is to go for bolt driving. Bank Job, please forget it.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Ghast12: 7:57pm On May 24, 2021
Bolt
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:26pm On May 24, 2021
Duru9:

Bro I'm a bolt driver here in Abuja

It's not possible

Unless in Lagos sha
mtchew... we are talking Bolt earnings and you are mentioning abuja.... Abuja is a no no for any one wanting to run Bolt... better port to Lagos and enjoy good earnings
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by orgylover: 8:26pm On May 24, 2021
VcStunner:
2004-2005. It's actually very much in use. About the leg thing, always listen to your car. The bolt joint will give you a sign before it goes bad, if you ignore it then it has no choice but to embarrass you smiley wink
if na so then its not advisable to use for uber. i think corola is till the best choice. that bolt joint issue nearly kill my guy

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2021
sammirano:

whatever works for you or the op. Na advise I give. that driving na stress without assurance of orders. Your 70bank job is fixed. if no customer you will receive salary. business is good but are you willing to face it if you dont receive more that 2 orders in a week with expenses piling up. car needs attention.
looooollll.... you know nothing about bolt or hailing... everyday of the week, you go reject trips you go taya cos requests always come in and at a point you get tired of accepting and just want to rest before request kill you...

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 8:41pm On May 24, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
looooollll.... you know nothing about bolt or hailing... everyday of the week, you go reject trips you go taya cos requests always come in and at a point you get tired of accepting and just want to rest before request kill you...
they Don know was goin on.

I rejected 44 trips out of 103 just last week alone... Some people are pessimists. Some are just a product of a system that aims to enslave and subjugate them perpetually. They cant think for themselves, and anyone who doesn't think like the rest of them doesn't know what he's doing.

How the F exactly, is someone celebrating a 70k Job being fixed, and therefore a good thing?

Tufiaaa

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by LivingSage: 8:57pm On May 24, 2021
Hope you've joined kiddo
ekaette1621:
I laugh in Swahili.

Banditry and kidnapping are the highest paying job/venture in Nigeria.

Boko haram pays in Dollars but is risky business.

Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by amaniluka(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2021
Am a bolt driver pls collect the bank job bolt is over hyped oh
A ride of 2k bolt commission is 400 u are left with 1600 am telling you oh don’t go for bolt bolt don cast for ph
U can’t make up to 30k in phc oh
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by komodapson(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Bolt driver here. I'm posting my earnings for the last 4 weeks to aid your decision

Abeg, which car do you drive? And which is better in terms of earnings,good feedback response service between Uber/bolt?

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by komodapson(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
they Don know was goin on.

I rejected 44 trips out of 103 just last week alone... Some people are pessimists. Some are just a product of a system that aims to enslave and subjugate them perpetually. They cant think for themselves, and anyone who doesn't think like the rest of them doesn't know what he's doing.

How the F exactly, is someone celebrating a 70k Job being fixed, and therefore a good thing?

Tufiaaa

Why are you rejecting trips? Does it mean you have lots of offers than you can accept? Are you in Lagos? Lastly, which car do u drive?

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 9:28pm On May 24, 2021
komodapson:

Abeg, which car do you drive? And which is better in terms of earnings,good feedback response service between Uber/bolt?

Earnings - bolt

Good feedback - uber

I drive a Matrix.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by EDUECO(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2021
During morning and evening rush hours,demand is always higher than supply.

Transport business is very sweet but it is not for lazy folks.

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 9:35pm On May 24, 2021
komodapson:

Why are you rejecting trips? Does it mean you have lots of offers than you can accept? Are you in Lagos? Lastly, which car do u drive?
I reject trips because I can see that the riders aren't going far, or Some are going to the next street, some want to go buy fuel, one idiot wanted to carry five 30liter containers of diesel, some don't pick their calls, some want to delay you for over 10 mins, some are rude and I don't like carrying rude idiots, they'll rate low... Sometimes I may have to drive a longer distance to pick them up, than their actual destination.

Lots of offers. Depends on the exact situation and how I feel about it. Mi o raye shit mehn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.