Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,471 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading (58959 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Sunday Dare Debunks Reports That NYSC Scheme Will Be Scrapped / Discontinuation Bill: Sunday Dare Opposes The Scrapping Of NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Bigfish121(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2021
I think it should be modified.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Bodinya: 8:28pm On May 24, 2021
Personally, I would not be happy if they scrapped it because I just want to experience it too.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by NanpanJ(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2021
If nysc is to be scrap, they should provide better option for the graduate. some wise graduate use it to save and start micro business after school and also gain work experience, scraping it without backup is selfish, it shows the Senate are insensitive with no plan for the graduate. And anybody who support that is for is own selfish interest, no matter what it help while preparing for the future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by maasoap(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2021
seyz91:
The first meaningful and reasonable Bill being passed ever in the history of Naija senate

This bill is long overdue cuz the scheme is suppose to be scrapped long long time ago

Hmmmm. Now, it is from the school straight to the individual father's house. The money being saved during the service is what many graduates start life with. The money helped me too, I saved 300k naira. Not enough pay jobs in Nigeria
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Ayobami7(m): 8:31pm On May 24, 2021
Okay
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by stayclearofme: 8:33pm On May 24, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I don’t think its a good idea if NYSC is scrapped. It could be optional but not scrapped. A lot of youths use that period to plan their lives and the 30k paid by the government solves the needs of millions of people at least for the full one year
If Government is serious and sincere that money can be paid to graduates who are suppose to serve without necessarily going for the service. This can help a lot of people to start something.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Bigdik70inch2(m): 8:33pm On May 24, 2021
Kaykayfosu:

Graphics design

Don't mind dem joor.....

Imagine den calling saed sleeping class......
I learnt customizing and re-branding.......and pretty good in that.......

Even tho I stop for a while now.......
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by akanbiaa(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2021
No problem scrapping NYSC but the just thing to do is to give the total sum of money spent on a corpers for whole year to be given in totality to fresh graduates to be able to use to start a business, invest or help them improve their skills to be gainfully employed, not the money to be diverted to other ventures that will only benefit the politicians directly or indirectly.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by ceejay10(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2021
agnes7:

NYSC is one of the most enjoyable time for many people.

After NYSC, some people live to remember the fun of it through out their lives.

Some people who have never left their state of origin would be able to get to another state and taste another culture.

It really helps in national integration as some people met and married people of another tribe,all thanks to NYSC.

You make friends with people of other tribes.

Like me,I use to think that Hausa men were evil until I went to serve in the north.

Infact when I first entered the north and I saw Hausa people,I felt like running home.

But soon after, I saw that they were ordinary people like those in the south.

There I discovered that the Hausa people were not as evil as they were being protrayed down south.

So NYSC should not be scrapped.

look at the nonsense reasons you gave. Was the scheme created for enjoyment?. What comes after the enjoyment?. Massive unemployment. Truth is, it has outlived its purposes. What enjoyment is there for those that gets killed, raped, kidnapped, etc?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Globad(f): 8:36pm On May 24, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Dminister(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2021
NYSC is over rated let it be scrapped. After NYSC the reality of Nigeria hits so hard that you starts biting your fingers wishing you never serve this country. If they have to allow the continuation, they should just absorb all passing out members into their areas of specializations in ministries, parastatals and all agencies. This is the best way to curb joblessness of the teeming population of graduates in Nigeria but you know na the leaders are just dullards.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by ceejay10(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
akanbiaa:
No problem scrapping NYSC but the just thing to do is to give the total sum of money spent on a corners for for whole year to be given in totality to fresh graduates to be able to use to start a business, invest or help them improve their skills to be gainfully employed, not the money to be diverted to other ventures that will only benefit the politicians directly or indirectly.
you took these words out of my mouth. Bless you.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Chuzoetoh(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
Akinola100:

It shows you are not serious.
NYSC didn't waste your time, you wasted your own precious time undecided
Mr Serious , I see you, you've been noticed. Werey
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by bammydhele(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
This Nation start failing since they have not been respecting graduate. To cry out aloud, graduate should be respected and they should be employed in their various field. All these mindset of graduate learning skills should be stop. The only way to make it to future is to keep engaging our dear graduate. Skill acquisition should be at Secondary level and College level. Anyone that manage to graduate; graduated for a reason and that should be made achieved by the help of government providing an enabling environment for them. My opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by meobizy(f): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
As people will support such a move, watch the politicians forget this was ever a suggestion.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by shakur4luv(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2021
IMASTEX:
Long overdue, instead graduates should be given training in areas of interest that they can setup something to start making a living. And the funds before now wasted on NYSC should be given to them thereafter as startup funds.
too much wisdom bro

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Bobxin: 8:41pm On May 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I really had a great experience. It's not all about fun & freedom,,, it's just about meeting new people & I did meet nice people.

If you ask me, I would say Long live,,,,NYSC!
But I may not see what others are seeing angry

The reasons given are not enough. You for kuku scrap Naija undecided

The reasons are not enough?
Are you serious right now?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 24, 2021
Bobxin:

The reasons are not enough?
Are you serious right now?

Scrapping shouldn't be in the question. It could be put on hold

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:43pm On May 24, 2021
Let them scrap it. Who NYSC help?

Even our sweet daddy no do nysc and he's the president.
Him no even do anyone but he's the
commander in Chief of the Armed forces.
Na only boys and girls wey they prepare for year of endless, carless and carefree fuckery that will not want it to end. Even soldiers getting free P every now and then from female Corp members go dey cry now.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by IYANGBALI: 8:43pm On May 24, 2021
Let them be fast with the fokn thing. NYSC and unity my fokn yansh

mynd44 I’m not happy with you tongue tongue
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by JONSYN7154: 8:45pm On May 24, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Let them scarp it. Who NYSC help?

Even our sweet daddy no do nysc and he's the president.
Him no even do anyone but he's the
commander in Chief of the Armed forces.
Na only boys and girls wey they prepare for year of endless, carless and carefree fuckery that will not want it to end. Even soldiers getting free P every now and then from female Corp members go dey cry now.
grin grin
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by kolarov93(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by kinggSamuel(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2021
Scrap the nysc scheme and replace it with a scheme whereby immediately at the point of graduation every graduate is given a grant of 300000 to start up his /her passion after a MONTH long intensive siwes programme. the youth should be monitored and should be made to submit a report of what personal outfit theyve established and its progress on a three month interval.This will raise self sufficient and financially stable youths who can get married and start up families on time because the financial burden has been lifted off their shoulders. The northern part of nigeria will not like it because they are not industrious like the southern part. am out.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by lastempero: 8:47pm On May 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I really had a great experience. It's not all about fun & freedom,,, it's just about meeting new people & I did meet nice people.

If you ask me, I would say Long live,,,,NYSC!
But I may not see what others are seeing angry

The reasons given are not enough. You for kuku scrap Naija undecided

If you eager to meet new people, enter market

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 24, 2021
lastempero:

If you eager to meet new people, enter market

grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by IgOga(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2021
BuharisBoy:
Then, nothing is left for naija graduates,
NTSC is a time to restrategize and plan how to face the labour market, if you from rich family or connected at the top you may not need it but if not, you are on your own.

You don't need it and you don't need to be from a rich family. In my days most of us had secured at least a job at Uni (final year) and this was during OBJ PDP time. The youth service was nonsense in my view....After one year of NYSC those we called NFA still had no plans
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by deavicky(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2021
joinnow:

Long overdue
Death trapped road journeys
Stupid 21 day training with heavy f**kery going on.
Others
when you say things like this, it get me angry. Why is it that I didn’t see any piece of fork during my stay in the camp.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 24, 2021
Nackzy:
How graduates, go take survive, the first one year after school now
Well they can scrap it

How have you been surviving while In school??

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by mayormick(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2021
psychologist:
Someone should please school me on the process of passing of bill into law

After hearing/passage of the 3rd reading, how long will it to be passed into law.
Lolz.....guess someone wants to calculate if he will still be able to scale through for his own NYSC before been scraped. Anyway, after the second reading, we still have committee stage, report stage and third reading before been passed. Meanwhile, the senate also need to pass the bill before final approval into law by the President. Therefore, I think it might take a while sa
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Goldbw122(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2021
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Abyounghammed(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2021
agnes7:

NYSC is one of the most enjoyable time for many people.

After NYSC, some people live to remember the fun of it through out their lives.

Some people who have never left their state of origin would be able to get to another state and taste another culture.
That's your only reason, and fact acquired??

It really helps in national integration as some people met and married people of another tribe,all thanks to NYSC.

You make friends with people of other tribes.

Like me,I use to think that Hausa men were evil until I went to serve in the north.

Infact when I first entered the north and I saw Hausa people,I felt like running home.

But soon after, I saw that they were ordinary people like those in the south.

There I discovered that the Hausa people were not as evil as they were being protrayed down south.

So NYSC should not be scrapped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Corper Dies In Zamfara NYSC Camp (Photos) / Different Types Of Corp Members You Will Meet At The Camp (memes) / Corper Who Proposed To A Military Woman Celebrates His Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.