Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo (3931 Views)

Welcome To Beautiful Home Of Alaigbo... / 1920's Vintage Photos Of Alaigbo / Nigeria’s AKK-Pipeline Project Lacks Economic Viability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by OfoIgbo: 5:40pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid, very wonderful points.

Let me also add that instead of constructing just a seaport at Obuaku, that a new city should be constructed (Obuaku city or any name that finally gets chosen)

It was the Enugu Coal funds that was used in constructing Port-Harcourt from the scratch.

A far more modern city (possibly the most modern city in Africa) can be constructed around the site of the proposed seaport.

Biafra's gas revenue will make this a painless project. Niggaz need a place to ball, Ighotago cool cool

6 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 5:46pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

What amuses me is the fact that once we get this Igbo land, we shall then build fences to keep Osu from Nwadiala.

Osu caste system

We are working on it.
In Igboland republic, we will put last nail on the coffin of that ugly part of our history.
And mind you,Osu caste was practiced in about 1/3 of Igboland.
The largest Igbo clan of Ngwa has no Osus. The Aros have no Osus.
The entire Ebonyi know nothing about Osus. The Ndoki and Asa clans have no Osu caste system.
So it's more of a regional than a centralized practice in Igboland.
Nevertheless, we would snuff it out in Alaigbo republic. cool

8 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 5:48pm On May 25, 2021
OfoIgbo:
Igboid, very wonderful points.

Let me also add that instead of constructing just a seaport at Obuaku, that a new city should be constructed (Obuaku city or any name that finally gets chosen)

It was the Enugu Coal funds that was used in constructing Port-Harcourt from the scratch.

A far more modern city (possibly the most modern city in Africa) can be constructed around the site of the proposed seaport.

Biafra's gas revenue will make this a painless project. Niggaz need a place to ball, Ighotago cool cool

You are in the spirit.
It is easier and cheaper to build a world class modern city on a virgin land, than to demolish structures in older cities to upgrade them to world class.
Starting a similar project like Eko Atlantic City in Obuaku area should feature high on republic of Igboland priorities. cool

3 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by budaatum: 5:53pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

We are working on it.
In Igboland republic, we will put last nail on the coffin of that ugly part of our history.
The largest Igbo clans of Ngwa has no Osus.
The entire Ebonyi know nothing about Osus. The Ndoki and Asa clans has no Osu caste system.
So it's more of a regional than a centralized practice.

I should hope so, because it would be rather pointless to get rid of one oppressor only to then oppress others. It would be as if you'd stopped being like the oppressed Palestinians in Nigeria to become the oppressing Israelites in Biafra.

Personally, I just wish the Igbos could concentrate on making their region the envy of the entire Nigeria, but it is obvious that you can not be destroying Nigeria with one hand, and hope to be building Biafra with the other, which is a great pity indeed.
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by hammerDK: 5:56pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

We are working on it.
The largest Igbo clan of Ngwa has no Osus. The Aros have no Osus.
The entire Ebonyi know nothing about Osus. The Ndoki and Asa clans have no Osu caste system.
So it's more of a regional than a centralized practice in Igboland.

NWANNE, U ARE JUST TOO SMART.

U JUST POINTED OUT THE WEAKNESS OF THE OSU MATTER.

NARROW IT DOWN AND NULLIFY IT.

IF WE MAKE PEOPLE KNOW THAT IT IS ONLY A LIST OF COMMUNITIES IN IGBO LAND, THEN THE BURDEN SHIFTS TO THOSE COMMUNITIES.

JUST APPLY PRESSSURE ON THEM AND THEY WILL RUBBISH IT.

PLUS, THE YOUNGER GENERATION DONT UNDERSTAND WAT THAT IS.

IT IS THE OLDER GENERATION THAT STILL BELIEVE IN OSU.

5 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 5:57pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

I should hope so, because it would be rather pointless to get rid of one oppressor only to then oppress others. It would be as if you'd stopped being like the oppressed Palestinians in Nigeria to become the oppressing Israelites in Biafra.

Personally, I just wish the Igbos could concentrate on making their region the envy of the entire Nigeria, but it is obvious that you can not be destroying Nigeria with one hand, and hope to be building Biafra with the other, which is a great pity indeed.

Osus are not oppressed.
Just that they find it hard to marry non Osus, because of the fetish belief by non Osus that Osus were dedicated to the gods, so marrying them is like taking from the gods and should come with some misfortunes to anyone who married them.

And like I told you, this culture is only practiced in 1/3 of Igboland in the past, and is already on it's dead throes even in areas of Igboland it was practiced in the past.
Biafra would put a nail on its coffin.

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by budaatum: 6:02pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Osus are not oppressed.

Really? I got a guy here telling us Palestinians are not oppressed and black Americans are not oppressed and I bet if we asked him he'd say Igbos are not oppressed neither and you have to move on.

Care to help him with his floundering argument because he seems to be needing it.
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 25, 2021
Biafra is landlocked
Biafra don't have profitable resources
Y'all fools don't farm. How do you expect to survive? Well, by foolishly thinking south South will go with y'all clowns.
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 6:29pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

Really? I got a guy here telling us Palestinians are not oppressed and black Americans are not oppressed and I bet if we asked him he'd say Igbos are not oppressed neither and you have to move on.

Care to help him with his floundering argument because he seems to be needing it.

BIAFRA agitation isn't just about oppression or marginalization.
Its more about incompatibility.

Ndiigbo don't see ourselves, our world view our ideology, etc, compatible enough with certain groups in Nigeria as to exist in same country with them. cool

When a people don't see themselves compatible with another, the logical thing to do is for all involved to hold a discussion and dissolve tfe the union like Czechoslovakia did.
But if one group insist on forcing union on another like Serbs did to ethnic groups in former Yugoslavia, then a violent breakup remains the only solution.

Ndiigbo see the rest of Nigeria as a dead weight to our progress as a people.
Whether Nigerians accept this or not is none of our business, what matters is that it's our conviction and we expect those involved to respect our wishes to be left alone.

The aim of this thread is to convince my fellow Igbos who might habour doubt about our viability as an independent nation outside Nigeria, that they need not entertain such doubts as all available rational forecasts predict that we would be just fine .

6 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 6:30pm On May 25, 2021
Plead:
Biafra is landlocked
Y'all fools don't farm. How do you expect to survive? Well, by foolishly thinking south South will go with y'all clowns.

Bla bla bla bla and more bla!

And so? How is that any of your concerns?

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Bla bla bla bla and more bla!

And so? How is that any of your concerns?

It's my concern because you ungrateful lots keep attaching yourselves to we Niger deltans without our consent. This attaché by force will be rebuffed.

I blame Gowon for not finishing what he started,if he did miscreants like you wouldn't be disturbing public space today.
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 6:39pm On May 25, 2021
Plead:

It's my concern because you ungrateful lots keep attaching yourselves to we Niger deltans without our consent. This attaché by force will be rebuffed.

I blame Gowon for not finishing what he started,if he did miscreants like you wouldn't be disturbing public space today.

Nnaa there is no ethnic group called Niger Deltan.
What is the name of your ethnic group.
Let's start from there. grin

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 6:43pm On May 25, 2021
Mr Igboid you're eboe no need to disguise undecided

As for the allocation Niger Delta republic and Midwestern Republic will solve that
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Nnaa there is no ethnic group called Niger Deltan.
What is the name of your ethnic group.
Let's start from there. grin

Igbos are mentally barren.

1 Like

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 6:52pm On May 25, 2021
Plead:

Igbos are mentally barren.

What's the name of your ethnic group? grin
Is it that inconsequential you would rather hide behind meaningless terms like Niger Delta? grin

5 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Omanambala(m): 6:55pm On May 25, 2021
Plead:
Biafra is landlocked

Just open mouth and spill gibberish. Go through this thread and tell me any of the Igbo who gives a hoot about your "Niger Delta" crap. Truth is you just realized we don't give a second ffuvkk about you nor whatever you have....hear it again , WE DONT FFUCKING WANT YOU! Go settle your scores with NK because nobody in this thread is an IPOB. The people who posted on this thread are Pro-Igbo Republic not IPOB members.

Again , we don't need your NIGER DELTA !

However, we will take our Igbo brothers trapped in that your dirty waters with us...enu ani , etche , Obigbo and Egbema. Take Ika and Ukwuani and do whatever you please with the.

Bye felicia!!

7 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:11pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:
Mr Igboid you're eboe no need to disguise undecided

As for the allocation Niger Delta republic and Midwestern Republic will solve that

Disguise?
Have you ever seen an Igbo man disguise? grin
We are naturally a very proud people. Our pride in our ability as a group usually choke the life out of non Igbos around us.

Of course I'm Igbo. A damn proud one at that. grin

What is Midwestern republic? What is Niger Delta republic?

Nwanne! Better be proud of your ethnic group and stop hiding behind meaningless terms.

Why not be campaigning for Bini republic? grin

Because I'm very convinced that Esans would still want their own independent country away from Binis and their Oba. grin

Don't even think of Enuani. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:12pm On May 25, 2021
Omanambala:

Just open mouth and spill gibberish. Go through this thread and tell me any of the Igbo who gives a hoot about your "Niger Delta" crap. Truth is you just realized we don't give a second ffuvkk about you nor whatever you have....hear it again , WE DONT FFUCKING WANT YOU! Go settle your scores with NK because nobody in this thread is an IPOB. The people who posted on this thread are Pro-Igbo Republic not IPOB members.

Again , we don't need your NIGER DELTA !

However, we will take our Igbo brothers trapped in that your dirty waters with us...enu ani , etche , Obigbo and Egbema. Take Ika and Ukwuani and do whatever you please with the.

Bye felicia!!

The dude is in severe pains.

They think they are dealing with IPOB people who are interested in begging them for Unity here. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:16pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Disguise?
Have you ever seen an Igbo man disguise? grin
We are naturally a very proud people. Our pride in our ability as a group usually choke the life out of non Igbos around us.

Of course I'm Igbo. A damn proud one at that. grin

What is Midwestern republic? What is Niger Delta republic?

Nwanne! Better be proud of your ethnic group and stop hiding behind meaningless terms.

Why not be campaigning for Bini republic? grin

Because I'm very convinced that Esans would still want their own independent country away from Binis and their Oba. grin

Don't even think of Enuani. cheesy

Lol see how he's campaigning for those who don't even need it, those clans you mentioned are fully with Midwestern Republic.
Do you know if am Esan? Baba leave us and mind your tiny Biafra grin
So wail on

Igboid:
Workch:
I usually do not make posts on nairaland politics section but I have to address this charade of Senator Ndume as regards undermining the the contributions of southeast in Nigeria. I’m going to do this with Figures vis-à-vis the figures come north to show that northerners are conning people into staying in Nigeria, which is obviously failing.

Oil revenue and other
In 2017, the NBS released oil revenue figures of all Nigerian oil producing states which totals 32billion USD, assuming that we share the sentiment of subtly dissociating igbos in southsouth from their counterparts in Southeast, IMO and Abia combined accounted for 1.7% of this revenue, 1.7% of 32billion is 544million USD. It means that Imo and Abia brought 544million USD to Nigeria in 2017.

In this same year, southeast states received a total federal allocation of 152.9billion which is 459.1million USD using 333per dollar rate as it was obtainable in 2017.

Imo and Abia alone made 544million USD, this figure indicates that south east actually generated their own federal allocation. This cannot be said about the north’s humongous allocation, they feed from other south southern states

This will help create a picture to help you see who steals from who? Southeast earned every allocation they get, north steals from southsouth.
This is clearly seen as the total revenue generated in 2017, 65% of this was from oil while a substantial remaining Came from Lagos ports and business which igbos also contributed a large stake in terms of Importations of goods and federal taxes. Northerners don’t do importation a lot and they don’t have business paying taxes a lot.

We can hardly see the contribution of the northern states and their people here vis-à-vis the amount they get in term of allocations.

I am not an Igbo guy but it’s totally irrational to think that north is not the parasite here. They never earn whatever they get in Nigeria.

As matter of fact, aside Lagos and maybe ogun state and the oil producing states, other states include all 19northern states are parasites. None of them earn whatever they get.

Besides what's that? " I am not an Igbo guy"
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:26pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

Lol see how he's campaigning for those who don't even need it, those clans you mentioned are fully with Midwestern Republic.
Do you know if am Esan? Baba leave us and mind your tiny Biafra grin
So wail on

Besides what's that? " I am not an Igbo guy"

The OP was lifted from a post made in a different thread.
I'm not the one who typed the OP.
I even provided the link to his post there.

Lol! So you are the spokesperson for all the ethnicities in former Midwest?
grin
You are not comfortable sticking to your own ethnic group, nah attachee by force sure pass? grin

6 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:29pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

The OP was lifted from a post made in a different thread.
I'm not the one who typed the OP.
I even provided the link to his post there.

Lol! So you are the spokesperson for all the ethnicities in former Midwest?
grin
You are not comfortable sticking to your own ethnic group, nah attachee by force sure pass? grin

Lol, there is no link there so no need to lie, neither did you even attache the word "Copied"

First you started from Esan now it's spokesman, no need for beating round the bush. Be worried how your tiny Biafra will survive grin
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:34pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

Lol, there is no link there so no need to lie, neither did you even attache the word "Copied"

First you started from Esan now it's spokesman, no need for beating round the bush. Be worried how your tiny Biafra will survive grin

You derailing my topic.
I have noticed you, you can now go and open a thread about how your Midwestern republic will be economically viable. grin
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:36pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

You derailing my topic.
I have noticed you, you can now go and open a thread about how your Midwestern republic will be economically viable. grin
Thanks.

Lol, but seriously think if it's with 544 million USD your Biafra can survive on grin
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:46pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

Lol, but seriously think if it's with 544 million USD your Biafra can survive on grin

Lol! Why don't you worry more about how to make your Midwestern republic survive? grin
Or let my guess? You are one of those who love Biafrans and worry more about Biafran problems than your own problems? cheesy

What's the name of your ethnic group? grin

7 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:48pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Lol! Why don't you worry more about how to make your Midwestern republic survive? grin
Or let my guess? You are one of those who love Biafrans and worry more about Biafran problems than your own problems? cheesy

As a good neighbour and as a concern citizen of Midwestern Republic that's why I am advising your Biafra cos Midwestern Republic will take no refugees undecided
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:49pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

As a good neighbour and as a concern citizen of Midwestern Republic that's why I am advising your Biafra cos Midwestern Republic will take no refugees undecided

So what's the name of your ethnic group? cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:52pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

So what's the name of your ethnic group? cheesy grin

Is it with ethnic group you want to take survive on the 500 million USD? undecided
Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:54pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

Is it with ethnic group you want to take survive on the 500 million USD? undecided

Simple question. What's the name of your ethnic group grin

For example, I'm a proud Igbo man working for Alaigbo republic.

So Mr Man, what's your ethnic group? grin

Come on! Your ethnicity can't be that inconsequential that you can't even be proud of it in a faceless forum.

No! I don't want to believe that anyone would be that ashamed of their ethnicity.

So I ask one more time Buddy. What's the name of your ethnic group? grin

5 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by EdoDefence: 7:54pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

Simple question. What's the name of your ethnic group grin

For example, I'm a proud Igbo man working for Alaigbo republic.

So Mr Man, what's your ethnic group? grin

Come on! Your ethnicity can't be that inconsequential that you can't even be proud of it in a faceless forum.

No! I don't want to believe that anyone would be that ashamed of their ethnicity.

So I ask one more time Buddy. What's the name of your ethnic group? grin

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by owobokiri(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2021
This thread started off discussing some socalled Biafra economic potentials...., then subtly pivoted into a feast of hatred against eastern minorities..., as usual. Folks are are so dramatically worried about how to remove eastern minorities from Biafra more than they do about achieving Biafra...

This uncanny fixation on turning igbo minority neighbors into igbo enemies should worry.. There is absolutely no strategic thinking in this and I'm now starting to suspect the real intentions of the original purveyors of this retrogressive mindset on this thread...

3 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by OriakuAmara(f): 7:55pm On May 25, 2021
Igboid:

The dude is in severe pains.

They think they are dealing with IPOB people who are interested in begging them for Unity here. cheesy
Kanu messed up in massaging these elements funny ego.
I pray he correct this mistake.
If they want to be left alone, I don't see why he falsely portrayed Igbos as people who can't stand on their own.

4 Likes

Re: An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo by Igboid: 7:56pm On May 25, 2021
EdoDefence:

Ok.
So we take it your ethnicity is inconsequential.
And until you come out proud to proclaim and accede allegiance to your ethnic group and not hide behind meaningless terms like MIDWESTERN REPUBLIC, I have no business with you.

Bye bye! grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rufai Oseni Caught Sleeping On A Live TV. / Grv Makes His Birth Certificate Public / LIRS Affirms January 31 Deadline For Employers To Submit Annual Tax Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.