Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl (65328 Views)

Watch Sex Video Of Beautiful Anambra Girl Ebi Leaked Trending Today / Sandra, My Anambra Girl / BBNaija 2018: "Chydo Lawrence Impregnated My Girlfriend". It's A Lie, Chydo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by AuntLaVIV(f): 9:26pm On May 27, 2021
African-American Man Lawrence Traces Ancestry To Igboland, Set To Marry Umueri, Anambra- Born, Anwulika.

By James Eze

Tomorrow, Friday, 28th May, 2021, history will be made in Umueri.

Akachukwu Okeke (original name Lawrence Marqueze Patterson) will pay the bride price on the head of Anwulika Udanoh.

But why is this historic? Well…Akachukwu is an African American and a proud son of Igboland. This sensitive brother looked back through 400 years of impenetrable darkness, through thousands of frozen bodies in the Middle Passage, through horrors of subhuman existence; to Igboland to find a wife in Umueri, Anambra State. So, if this is not historic, tell me what is!

To me, nothing in living memory drives home the full meaning of this wedding as the 1980 meeting between Chinua Achebe and James Baldwin, one of the greatest African American novelists. The two writers had admired each other from a distance for a long time until they finally met at a conference held by the African Literature Association in Florida. Breaking the momentary silence, Baldwin had remarked; “It’s very important that we should meet each other, finally, if I must say so, after something like 400 years.”

I am personally awed that after over 400 years of separation, we are not merely meeting our brothers and sisters wrenched away from us by greed and human failing, but falling in love with them and wedding them under African skies. Not in America!

The most fascinating thing about this scenario is not just that Akachukwu has traced his ancestors and is about to marry an Igbo princess. Many African Americans have established their Igbo roots. It is that, to my mind, Akachukwu is actually more Igbo than most of us. Indeed, since he discovered his roots, Akachukwu has been a resilient Igbo voice on social media; blessing us all with the rich treasures of his research efforts on Igbo history, culture and worldview. Many people have met themselves anew in the research mirror held aloft in Akachukwu’s sturdy hands. And like many true Igbo, he feels things deeply. He is touched by injustice, oppression and the human condition. He is an ancient Igbo soul; washed clean by the waters of the Atlantic and untouched by the inhumanity of slavery!

That was why, a few years ago, my story on the pathetic existence of abandoned Biafran veterans in a camp in Oji River, touched a raw nerve in him. Being an ex-service man himself, he could relate with the fears of abandonment and the precarious future that plague many war veterans. He quickly mobilized online efforts that led to a symbolic gesture by conscious Igbo youths to say “we care about you” to the ex-servicemen in a memorable way.

In addition, a robust online presence and strong identification with his roots have endeared Akachukwu to many Igbo people and earned him the unsolicited friendship of many youths. He commands a large online following with many Facebook denizens waiting for his posts to lighten their day. Even as a US soldier in Afghanistan; unsure of seeing the next day, Akachukwu kept our timelines buzzing with posts that made life seem like a dazzling sunrise we should all step into.

Quite predictably, he met Anwulika, a zestful and brilliant lady from the famous Udanoh family in Umueri, Anambra State online. Anwulika is the author of ‘Royal Kiss’ a romance drama and a fierce social media habitue whose posts are among the most anticipated in Nigeria's online community.

And tomorrow, anyi ga eje Umueri je mee ego na isi Anwuli!

So, if you are in Anambra State and you are passionate about ife gbasalu Ndigbo, drop by tomorrow at the Udanoh family house in Umueri let’s give Akachukwu and Anwulika the honour they deserve.

Jide ka iji, Warrior!

https://www.facebook.com/200902653400035/posts/1969839896506293/

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by xpressionx(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2021
Nice.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by ablejesus26(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2021
Who will not want to be linked to the Great Igbo People.
Igbo Amaka.

357 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Igboid: 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
I like the rising sun tattoo.
Dude already know that to be truly Igbo, you must embrace the rising sun. Biafra is the soul of Igbo nationalism and patriotism.

261 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by zombieHUNTER: 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
Igboid:
Dude already know that to be truly, you must embrace the rising sun.

Sun rises only in the East

194 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Brimstone77: 9:58pm On May 27, 2021
Nwa afor Biafra indeed!!!

Igbo amaka

God bless the great igbo nation

God bless Biafra!!!

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Igboid: 9:59pm On May 27, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

Yes!
And the wise men came from the East too. cool

194 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by dared0637: 10:09pm On May 27, 2021
Igboid:
Dude already know that to be truly Igbo, you must embrace the rising sun. Biafra is the soul of Igbo nationalism and patriotism.

I'm friends with the guy on Facebook and he's probably more passionate about his Igbo roots than many of us are. Check his Facebook page and you'll see that 90% of his posts are focused on the Biafran history and Igbo culture, I'm glad that many of our African American brothers are beginning to trace their ancestral roots. Happy married life to our African American (now officially our Igbo brother) and his beautiful Igbo Queen cool

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2021
Some people from the other side are in a state of chronic purging right now

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by IamFINESSE: 10:37pm On May 27, 2021
The Bible said

The 3 wise men were from the East

And that same Bible said

FEAR NORTH grin

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by glx5240: 11:11pm On May 27, 2021
Igbo amaka

50 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Danisaint112(m): 11:29pm On May 27, 2021
I don't support tattoos but I support Biafra and I love the fact he does.

For Non-Igbo you can try all you want but one thing is for sure Biafra lives in our heart.

If there should ever be a referendum trust me the result will shock you. Most Igbos who don't are Igbos who have property in the North and can't risk loosing it.

Or because of friends they would miss.

Not because they love Nigeria. Remember this or simply solo tape it in your head.

But in the end Biafra will come.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 12:35am On May 28, 2021
Why do african americans hardly trace their dna to wasted part of the shithole of nigeria the skull miners

18 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:00am On May 28, 2021
That sunrise in that tattoo can send some people to mortuary no jokes

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 1:43am On May 28, 2021
IamFINESSE:
The Bible said

And that same Bible said

FEAR NORTH grin
The Bible also said from the north destruction would arise

33 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Thor3399: 2:24am On May 28, 2021
Doesn’t that show that only Igbo people were sold as slaves
GBOKASINCHA:
Why do african americans hardly trace their dna to wasted part of the shithole of nigeria the skull miners

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by engrchykae(m): 2:36am On May 28, 2021
zombieHUNTER:

where wise men come from.
They saw buhari star from afar and rejected him thrice

31 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 4:39am On May 28, 2021
Why is she now dressed like a 1960s prostitute? Mtchew!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by phemmyfour: 4:45am On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:
Why is she now dressed like a 1960s prostitute? Mtchew!
What's wrong with her dressing woman

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Gaddafih001(m): 5:12am On May 28, 2021
Lawrence the military guy who claimed to be Igbo based on ancestry...
Can he keep this marriage because this is definitely going to be his 3rd marriage if I am not bluffing.
Has he resigned from the military or still in Kabul,Afghanistan?
Law AKA Akachukwu Okeke,please take good care of our local fowl gone international.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by theTranslator: 6:15am On May 28, 2021
IamFINESSE:
The Bible said

And that same Bible said

FEAR NORTH grin
The wise men came to the west

Same thing happens today

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by McStoic(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2021
Igbo ga adi. Most of the blacks in US State of Virginia are descendants of Igbo. Ya gazie

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:19am On May 28, 2021
grin
Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 7:21am On May 28, 2021
phemmyfour:
What's wrong with her dressing woman

can you allow your wife to dress like this and follow you out?

Her dress is too short.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:22am On May 28, 2021
angry

No wonder yamlegged women disturb me ALL the time. I don't blame this girl grin

Who wants a husband in jail or

drink corpse water or

fight over inheritance or

get a husband who wears your dress and run at first sign of trouble?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by phemmyfour: 8:13am On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:

can you allow your wife to dress like this and follow you out?

Her dress is too short.
ara oko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 8:19am On May 28, 2021
phemmyfour:
ara oko Ni yin Sir

That is why they cheat on you men easily these days.
Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by phemmyfour: 8:22am On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:

That is why they cheat on you men easily these days.
So her dressing style means she's cheating already.

Don't worry, you ll soon get out of that cave

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Nobody: 8:28am On May 28, 2021
phemmyfour:
So her dressing style means she's cheating already.

Don't worry, you ll soon get out of that cave

Where did I say she's cheating?

Just dress your wife and maybe 4 daughters like this and take them out in a file. Then See the reactions youll get from people.

Rest!
Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by Twelfthman: 8:40am On May 28, 2021
Great!
Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by HolyMonks: 8:46am On May 28, 2021
In all you do be wise.
Else it all end up with bitter regrets and premium tears. : grin grin lipsrsealed
Avoid ethnicity to be able to make wise decision.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Marqueze Patterson Traces Ancestry To Igbo, To Marry Anambra Girl by gentlestdude(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2021
las las na olosho e go see marry

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls / Go and Marry If You Have Barbed With This Tool (pics) / 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.