Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,928 members, 7,824,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? (2131 Views)

Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Difference Between Righteousness And Holiness / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2021
3. Here's another question for you, are you suggesting here that you believe in the words of the apostles over the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided[/quote]

Are you saying the words of the apostles are not recognized as the word of their Master, Christ Jesus?

Do you know what this means?

Luke.6.40 - A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
BassReeves:

The only thing stronger or strongest than righteousness and/or grace is a love. Love is a winner any time, t. Now without grace it is hard to give unconditional love and receive love in return back. Without a sense of righteousness, it is difficult to give unbiased love and receive love in return back. It is because of righteousness and/or grace, that Jesus Christ was able to demonstrate an expression of love to the woman allegedly caught in the act of Adultery. Love will let you do the right thing, do the right thing at the right time, do the right thing at the right time doing it remaining at right standing with God, do the right thing at the right time doing it remaining at right standing with God effortlessly (i.e. grace, which is doing something without no engagement of any tortuous physical or mental exertion.

We are not under law, but under grace. We are not under rigidity, but under fluidity and lucidity. The Law has become our schoolmaster, our tutor and our disciplinarian to guide us to Christ, so that we may be justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] by faith, but now that faith has come, we are no longer under [the control and authority of] a schoolmaster, a tutor and disciplinarian. For us [who are born-again have been reborn from above--spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified and] are all children of God [set apart for His purpose with full rights and privileges] through faith in Christ Jesus. The law shows how big and great our sin is, but grace reveals to us how incredible and huge God's love is. Law, tells us how crooked we am, grace comes and makes us straight. Hallelujah Praise the Lord.
Interesting claim! undecided

We know God is Love and we also know that He is Righteous but here you claim that Love is stronger than righteousness ...is that even logically sound thinking? undecided

If Love is Righteous how can love be said to be stronger than Righteousness? undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

Are you saying the words of the apostles are not recognized as the word of their Master, Christ Jesus?

Luke.6.40 - A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
undecided

Jesus Christ made it more than clear that He alone is Teacher, Shepherd, Master/Lord, Head/Author/Leader, Helper, Comforter, Counselor, etc., to each and every one who belongs to Him. It is in His Word and His Truth we are each called to put our Trust in and obey - those who put their trust in men are cursed according to God in Jeremiah 17 vs 5. The journey for each of His followers stands independent of that. undecided

A follower may become like his master but he will never be his master .I.e. take the place of his master, nor be greater than his master... undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim! undecided
I thrive in interesting, very interesting claims!

Kobojunkie:
We know God is Love and we also know that He is Righteous but here you claim that Love is stronger than righteousness ...is that even logically sound thinking? undecided
1 Corinthians 13:13
'Three things will last forever
—faith, hope, and love
—and the greatest of these is love.
'

Kobojunkie:
If Love is Righteous how can love be said to be stronger than Righteousness? undecided
Romans 3:10
'As it is written and forever remains written,
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS [none that meets God’s standard], NOT EVEN ONE.
'

Love, is the mother of Righteousness. Righteousness is birthed because of Love. Without love, you cant do righteousness, there is no righteousness. Love is a necessary and important ingredient strong enough to procure righteousness i.e. the righteousness of God in Christ
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
BassReeves:
I thrive in interesting, very interesting claims!

1 Corinthians 13:13
'Three things will last forever
—faith, hope, and love
—and the greatest of these is love.
'

Romans 3:10
'As it is written and forever remains written,
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS [none that meets God’s standard], NOT EVEN ONE.
'

Love, is the mother of Righteousness. Righteousness is birthed because of Love. Without love, you cant do righteousness, there is no righteousness. Love is a necessary and important ingredient strong enough to procure righteousness i.e. the righteousness of God in Christ
God is Love! undecided
God is Righteousness! undecided

But then somehow Love is the mother of Righteousness? undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is Love! undecided
God is Righteousness! undecided
Give me bible verses that verbatim states that:
1. God is Love!
2. God is Righteousness!

Kobojunkie:
But then somehow Love is the mother of Righteousness? undecided
You are moved to do righteousness, that is meaning, the three rights because of love, hence how love is the mother of righteousness. Righteousness is emerges out of Love
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
BassReeves:
Give me bible verses that verbatim states that:
1. God is Love!
2. God is Righteousness!

You are moved to do righteousness, that is meaning, the three rights because of love, hence how love is the mother of righteousness. Righteousness is emerges out of Love
1. God is Righteous - Psalm 145 vs 17
2. God is Love - 1 John 4 vs 8
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

Jesus Christ made it more than clear that He alone is Teacher, Shepherd, Master/Lord, Head/Author/Leader, Helper, Comforter, Counselor, etc., to each and every one who belongs to Him. It is in His Word and His Truth we are each called to put our Trust in and obey - those who put their trust in men are cursed according to God in Jeremiah 17 vs 5. The journey for each of His followers stands independent of that. undecided

A follower may become like his master but he will never be his master .I.e. take the place of his master, nor be greater than his master . .. undecided

Those were Jesus words to his followers!!!
Did the follower claim to be the master or greater than his master?

Did Jesus Christ ever claim to be "The Father" ? Did He ever claim to be greater than He who sent Him?
Did He not plainly tell us that "all that He has is from the Father"?
Did He not say "I and the Father are One".......
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

Those were Jesus words to his followers!!!
Did the follower claim to be the master or greater than his master?

Did Jesus Christ ever claim to be "The Father" ? Did He ever claim to be greater than He who sent Him?
Did He not plainly tell us that "all that He has is from the Father"?
Did He not say "I and the Father are One".......
I fail to see the point of these questions of yours..... undecided

Let's try this... in Ezekiel 34 vs 9 - 16, God declares that He alone is Shepherd over each and everyone of those who belong to Him. Then in John 10 vs 7 - 16, Jesus Christ declares that He alone is Shepherd over each and everyone who belongs to Him. Then in John 16, Jesus Christ tells us that when He is gone. the Spirit of Truth will take His place as Shepherd(guide, Helper, etc.). undecided

Does any of this mean that Jesus Christ usurped God's role as Shepherd, as declared by God in Ezekiel? No, Jesus Christ, the Word out of God's own mouth came to us as God's personal representative- God's own human avatar! undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God is Righteous - Psalm 145 vs 17
Please respect yourself. You were kindly asked to give bible verses that verbatim states that God is Righteousness!

If you want to circumvent the question in that manner, then no problem, however just know that God is righteous because He is first Love. God is everything imaginable e.g. righteous, just, merciful, gracious, faithful, kind, long suffering in silence etc because He is Love.

Now here is an eureka moment for you, recall how all the Law and Prophets is summed up in LOVE, and not righteousness!

Kobojunkie:
Thank you.
Without God’s love, transformation is not possible. Without love, there is no desire to repent.

If the purport of your post is that righteousness is stronger or greater than love, then we would slip into self-righteous mode and be unable to love our neighbour, let alone our enemies, but when love is stronger than righteousness, then grace, another children of love kicks in to facilitate righteousness.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
BassReeves:
Please respect yourself. You were kindly asked to give bible verses that verbatim states that God is Righteousness!

If you want to circumvent the question in that manner, then no problem, however just know that God is righteous because He is first Love. God is everything imaginable e.g. righteous, just, merciful, gracious, faithful, kind, long suffering in silence etc because He is Love.

Now here is an eureka moment for you, recall how all the Law and Prophets is summed up in LOVE, and not righteousness!

Thank you.
Without God’s love, transformation is not possible. Without love, there is no desire to repent.

If the purport of your post is that righteousness is stronger or greater than love, then we would slip into self-righteous mode and be unable to love our neighbour, let alone our enemies, but when love is stronger than righteousness, then grace, another children of love kicks in to facilitate righteousness.
1. The first was a type error.

2. I am asking for an epistle. Just a short statement, preferably with Scripture reference of your claim that Love is greater than Righteousness, the quality of being Righteous. undecided

3. How does Faithfulness, Long suffering, graciousness imply Love? undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The first was a type error.
Thats what they all say

Kobojunkie:
2. I am asking for an epistle.
You dont have to ask for an epistle, as this abridge will suffice

Kobojunkie:
Just a short statement, preferably with Scripture reference of your claim that Love is greater than Righteousness, the quality of being Righteous. undecided
Scroll up to see that I already with 1 Corinthians 13:13 did.

Kobojunkie:
3. How does Faithfulness, Long suffering, graciousness imply Love? undecided
God who like you rightly conceded is Love is a living embodiment of Faithfulness, Long suffering, Graciousness etc.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

3. Here's another question for you, are you suggesting here that you believe in the words of the apostles over the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided

You need to ask yourself serious questions about who your master really is, because of the amount of disregard you have for the Words of Jesus.

There are many apostles but only one Master, and the commandment Jesus gave to them was to teach all men to keep His Word. Matthew 28:19-20.

Hence their teachings ought to comply with the teachings of Christ. In any occasion that they don't but contradict Christ's teachings, the teachings of Christ ought to supercede theirs.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
BassReeves:
Thats what they all say

You dont have to ask for an epistle, as this abridge will suffice
Scroll up to see that I already with 1 Corinthians 13:13 did.
God who like you rightly conceded is Love is a living embodiment of Faithfulness, Long suffering, Graciousness etc.
Still no direct answer to the question asked,I see. undecided

1. God is Righteous(Good) - Psalm 145 vs 17

How in the world did you arrive at Love being greater than Good? What Bible verse led you to this conclusion as to the character or being of God? undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 6:52am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s]Still no direct answer to the question asked, I see. undecided[/s]
Dont lie please. I gave direct answers to each one of the questions asked

Three things are eternal. They are faith, hope and love, out those three, the bible informs that love is the greatest. What more of your pound of flesh do you want?

Some of us, have eyes to see but do not see. Some of us, will be ever seeing but never come to understanding. It is what it is.

Kobojunkie:
1. God is Righteous(Good) - Psalm 145 vs 17
Psalm 145:17
'The LORD is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.'

Look at you, you cant even correctly and completely make reference to Psalm 145:17. Let me cut to the chase the verse. Psalm 145:17 doesnt stop at saying 'The LORD is righteous' but when fully repeated, says: The LORD is righteous in in all His ways

Why is God that way? Why is God righteous in in all His ways? It boils down to the fact that, it is because God is Love

Kobojunkie:
1 John 4 vs 8
'The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]
'

Look at you, you again, cant even correctly and completely make reference to 1 John 4 vs 8

1 John 4 vs 8, doesnt say one who does not righteousness, but says one who does not love. The reason for this is because righteousness is a child of love. Righteousness, right things are done because of the possession of unselfish love

Kobojunkie:
How in the world did you arrive at Love being greater than Good? What Bible verse led you to this conclusion as to the character or being of God? undecided
1 John 3:10
'By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified:
anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God’s will in thought, action, and purpose] is not of God,
nor is the one who does not [unselfishly] love his [believing] brother
.'

Without love it is impossible to do good. Now in addition to all above, look at the screenshot below with the red circle and arrows to remind you of the posted Bible verse that led to that conclusion as to the character or being of God

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You need to ask yourself serious questions about who your master really is, because of the amount of disregard you have for the Words of Jesus.

There are many apostles but only one Master, and the commandment Jesus gave to them was to teach all men to keep His Word. Matthew 28:19-20.

Hence their teachings ought to comply with the teachings of Christ. In any occasion that they don't but contradict Christ's teachings, the teachings of Christ ought to supercede theirs.

I want to believe you followed my first response before jumping into this!!!!

What do you understand in the Scripture that makes you think the early apostles teachings/doctrines contradicted what Christ taught/told them?

It is you who needs to ask yourself whose doctrine are you perversing or mis-interpreting?

How can a people who claim to say that Jesus is their Master and yet can't abide by simple instructions........ Certainly your true master is another.

When a man continuously finds it difficult to comprehend God's word then he makes himself a willingly tool to be used by Satan.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2021
perezeghi:

I want to believe you followed my first response before jumping into this!!!!

What do you understand in the Scripture that makes you think the early apostles teachings/doctrines contradicted what Christ taught/told them?

It is you who needs to ask yourself whose doctrine are you perversing or mis-interpreting?

How can a people who claim to say that Jesus is their Master and yet can't abide by simple instructions........ Certainly your true master is another.

When a man continuously finds it difficult to comprehend God's word then he makes himself a willingly tool to be used by Satan.
Lol!

A willing tool of the devil? Not surprised. I've heard that severally your fellow Christians here before, but time would tell who is actually a tool between those of us who place the teachings of Christ above those of any other, and those of your kind who place the teachings of Paul a mere apostle above that of Christ His Master.

I actually responded to your comment, by letting you know that there are many disciples but just one Master in accordance with the Jesus' teachings, but it seem you were too blinded by sentiments to be able to comprehend that.

Are you saying that there are now two Masters because Jesus said a disciple when fully trained is as his Master?

Here's the teaching of Christ if you really wanted to learn the Truth.

Matthew 23:8, 10 (KJV)

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." Matthew 6:24

If you can't see how Paul's doctrine of grace contradicts the teachings of Christ despite how glaring it is, then your spiritual blindness knows no bounds. It's that glaring that one of your fellows here said the teachings of Christ was the Law of Moses. Another said, Jesus built the foundation of the church but Paul was the one that built on it. Now imagine that? The Master now only built the foundation of the church, but i'm sure you wouldn't have any issues with that since you also place the teachings of Paul above that of Christ to show who's truly your master.

The teaching of Jesus to His disciples about "1 Master many brethren" makes so much sense with what the likes of you who have no regard for His teachings are doing.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

A willing tool of the devil? Not surprised. I've heard that severally your fellow Christians here before, but time would tell who is actually a tool between those of us who place the teachings of Christ above those of any other, and those of your kind who place the teachings of Paul a mere apostle above that of Christ His Master.

I actually responded to your comment, by letting you know that there are many disciples but just one Master in accordance with the Jesus' teachings, but it seem you were too blinded by sentiments to be able to comprehend that.

Are you saying that there are now two Masters because Jesus said a disciple when fully trained is as his Master?

Here's the teaching of Christ if you really wanted to learn the Truth.

Matthew 23:8, 10 (KJV)

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." Matthew 6:24

If you can't see how Paul's doctrine of grace contradicts the teachings of Christ despite how glaring it is, then your spiritual blindness knows no bounds. It's that glaring that one of your fellows here said the teachings of Christ was the Law of Moses. Another said, Jesus built the foundation of the church but Paul was the one that built on it. Now imagine that? The Master now only built the foundation of the church, but i'm sure you wouldn't have any issues with that since you also place the teachings of Paul above that of Christ to show who's truly your master.

The teaching of Jesus to His disciples about "1 Master many brethren" makes so much sense with what the likes of you who have no regard for His teachings are doing.

Interesting.....
Let's just hope you're not telling yourself that you're a Christian because if you do then you'll be taking the word of an apostle/disciple over that of the Master Jesus. Then that would mean you're living in denial of what you practice and contradicting your comprehension leading to understanding of Christ Jesus teachings and word.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
BassReeves:
Dont lie please. I gave direct answers to each one of the questions asked

Three things are eternal. They are faith, hope and love, out those three, the bible informs that love is the greatest. What more of your pound of flesh do you want?

Some of us, have eyes to see but do not see. Some of us, will be ever seeing but never come to understanding. It is what it is.

Psalm 145:17
'The LORD is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.'

Look at you, you cant even correctly and completely make reference to Psalm 145:17. Let me cut to the chase the verse. Psalm 145:17 doesnt stop at saying 'The LORD is righteous' but when fully repeated, says: The LORD is righteous in in all His ways

Why is God that way? Why is God righteous in in all His ways? It boils down to the fact that, it is because God is Love

1 John 4 vs 8
'The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]
'

Look at you, you again, cant even correctly and completely make reference to 1 John 4 vs 8

1 John 4 vs 8, doesnt say one who does not righteousness, but says one who does not love. The reason for this is because righteousness is a child of love. Righteousness, right things are done because of the possession of unselfish love

1 John 3:10
'By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified:
anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God’s will in thought, action, and purpose] is not of God,
nor is the one who does not [unselfishly] love his [believing] brother
.'

Without love it is impossible to do good. Now in addition to all above, look at the screenshot below with the red circle and arrows to remind you of the posted Bible verse that led to that conclusion as to the character or being of God
I honestly dont know why I bothered. undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by BassReeves: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s] I honestly dont know why I bothered. undecided[/s]
It is because its not just about you being a troll but that you're thicker than a two inches by two inches plank wood angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
perezeghi:

Interesting.....
Let's just hope you're not telling yourself that you're a Christian because if you do then you'll be taking the word of an apostle/disciple over that of the Master Jesus. Then that would mean you're living in denial of what you practice and contradicting your comprehension leading to understanding of Christ Jesus teachings and word.

You sound confused and don't seem to understand what it really means to a true follower of Christ, but let me leave there since you are deeply rooted in it.

As I said earlier, time would tell who between us is being used as a tool in the hands of Satan or not.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You sound confused and don't seem to understand what it really means to a true follower of Christ, but let me leave there since you are deeply rooted in it.

As I said earlier, time would tell who between us is being used as a tool in the hands of Satan or not.

grin grin grin grin
What makes you a true follower of Christ Jesus if indeed you are one or self acclaimed?

One of the first ways to kmow that a man is a follower of Christ is first his immediate family and friends who can attest to such and not some social sanctimonious christian living!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by orunto27: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
HE IS JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS. HIS GRACE IS BORNE OUT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by orunto27: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
HE IS JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS. HIS GRACE IS BORNE OUT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

RIGHTEOUSNESS IS HIS LESSON FROM ABOVE. HIS GRACE IS HIS REWARD OF WISDOM FROM HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
perezeghi:

grin grin grin grin
What makes you a true follower of Christ Jesus if indeed you are one or self acclaimed?

One of the first ways to kmow that a man is a follower of Christ is first his immediate family and friends who can attest to such and not some social sanctimonious christian living!!!!!
Keeping His Words is the answer to the bolded. John 8:31

My true family and friends are the disciples of Christ who keep His Words. Matthew 12:48-50.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Keeping His Words is the answer to the bolded. John 8:31

My true family and friends are the disciples of Christ who keep His Words. Matthew 12:48-50.

It's good to hear you're keeping by His words.
The words of Jesus Christ also says "you must be born again".........
If you're born again, please can you share your salvation testimony.........

1 Like

Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
perezeghi:

It's good to hear you're keeping by His words.
The words of Jesus Christ also says "you must be born again".........
If you're born again, please can you share your salvation testimony.........
Where exactly did Jesus Christ atate that a "Salvation testimony" is necessary for those who who are born-again? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, one needs to be born again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God through either of the Narrow gate or the Broad gate - Matthew 7 vs 13- 14, no mention of a testimony - John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided

I am curious as to why this doctrine of a "salvation testimony " which is obviously not biblical seems so popular among some of you. lipsrsealed

The Judas case ought to be more than enough reason to file such a doctrine in the trash where it belongs. Judas had a "Salvation story to tell too, of how he became one of Jesus Christ's disciples and played the role for 3 years, after which he was revealed an evil seed to the members of the group. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, the multitude will find and enter the Kingdom through the broad gate which leads to Hell - they will likely have salvation testimonies to tell regale you with - so of what good will those stories serve you?
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where exactly did Jesus Christ atate that a "Salvation testimony" is necessary for those who who are born-again? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, one needs to be born again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God through either of the Narrow gate or the Broad gate - Matthew 7 vs 13- 14, no mention of a testimony - John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided

I am curious as to why this doctrine of a "salvation testimony " which is obviously not biblical seems so popular among some of you. lipsrsealed

The Judas case ought to be more than enough reason to file such a doctrine in the trash where it belongs. Judas had a "Salvation story to tell too, of how he became one of Jesus Christ's disciples and played the role for 3 years, after which he was revealed an evil seed to the members of the group. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, the multitude will find and enter the Kingdom through the broad gate which leads to Hell - they will likely have salvation testimonies to tell regale you with - so of what good will those stories serve you?

It seems both you and jesusjnr2020 are one and same person or you've become his mouthpiece!!!!!

Well just as you said, Jesus Christ said one should be born again to be able to enter that narrow gate that leads to the Kingdom of God.

Now what makes you think you are born again?
What do you understand by the word " to be born again?
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

It seems both you and jesusjnr2020 are one and same person or you've become his mouthpiece!!!!!

Well just as you said, Jesus Christ said one should be born again to be able to enter that narrow gate that leads to the Kingdom of God.

Well, beginning in John 3 vs 1-21, Jesus Christ laid out the necessary steps for us to gain access to the Kingdom of God,

SALVATION
* Believe Jesus Christ is who He proclaims Himself to be - John 3 vs 16
* Eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ in order to obtain Eternal life, the end result of Salvation process- John 6 vs 47 - 56

BORN-AGAIN
* Change one's heart and life to reflect change towards obedience of God's commandments- Matthew 3 vs 7 - 8
* Be born of water(a step in born-again process)to show that you have changed your life and now serve God - Matthew 3 vs 11
* Be born of Spirit(a step in born-again process - where Spirit does not imply Spirit of God)

And since my goal was always to enter in to the Kingdom through the narrow gate, which only a few will find - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 -, I set out to carefully trust and obey each of the steps laid out by Jesus Christ beginning with the details revealed in His conversation with Nicodemus. undecided
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:56am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

If I thought like you, I would also accuse you of being the same as livingchrist and any other Antichrist' grace gospel preacher here, but I'm not that petty.

You obviously don't know what it means to be truly born again if not you'd know that it takes the obedience of the Words of the Spirit which Jesus spake to become such.

That's how His disciples became born again, and not of this world but of the kingdom of God even as Jesus was. They kept His Word!

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:14 (KJV)

I have given them thy word; and the world
hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

It's only people who are of this world and not born again that would hate those who keep the Words of Jesus and preach it as He commanded us to do.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, beginning in John 3 vs 1-21, Jesus Christ laid out the necessary steps for us to gain access to the Kingdom of God,

SALVATION
* Believe Jesus Christ is who He proclaims Himself to be - John 3 vs 16

I hope you know that the context of "believe" in that scripture means "to have faith"

* Eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ in order to obtain Eternal life, the end result of Salvation process- John 6 vs 47 - 56.
That which you quoted is laying emphasis on the bread of life as God's Word. That was why Jesus told Satan that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes out from the mouth of God.
You're taking the word too literal. You need to have a balanced knowledge of the Scriptures. Read Luke 22:19-20. Kindly read more than one Bible version.

BORN-AGAIN
* Change one's heart and life to reflect change towards obedience of God's commandments- Matthew 3 vs 7 - 8.

To be born again means to be transformed. This transformation mainly comes through the aid of the Holy Spirit. Trying to do it on in the literal context will amount to living just a religious life. For some this transformation is instant while for others it's a process of change that leads to a series of convictions tending to shedding off the natural/carnal man/mind.

* Be born of water(a step in born-again process)to show that you have changed your life and now serve God - Matthew 3 vs 11.

Feel free to explain what the above means to you.

* Be born of Spirit(a step in born-again process - where Spirit does not imply Spirit of God).

Clearly the above means "be filled with the Holy Spirit or He will pour His Spirit on you.
You missed out the fire in the quoted verse.

And since my goal was always to enter in to the Kingdom through the narrow gate, which only a few will find - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 -,

That narrow gate is you've abandoned the cares/frivolities/lust/selfish desires of this world. You constantly completely deny yourself worldly things. Simply put....your existence is not based on worldly things.

I set out to carefully trust and obey each of the steps laid out by Jesus Christ beginning with the details revealed in His conversation with Nicodemus. undecided

Nicodemus was a religious man and Jesus Christ was showing Him a new path. That new path can only be achieved through the help of the Holy Spirit. Without Him in your living every thing done is nothing but bit mere religious activities.
Re: Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? by perezeghi: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If I thought like you, I would also accuse you of being the same as livingchrist and any other Antichrist' grace gospel preacher here, but I'm not that petty.

You obviously don't know what it means to be truly born again if not you'd know that it takes the obedience of the Words of the Spirit which Jesus spake to become such.

That's how His disciples became born again, and not of this world but of the kingdom of God even as Jesus was. They kept His Word!

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:14 (KJV)

I have given them thy word; and the world
hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

It's only people who are of this world and not born again that would hate those who keep the Words of Jesus and preach it as He commanded us to do.

To keep the word of Jesus is to live just as he lived. That's the entirety of keeping His Word.
In live both in words and in deeds.
Does your words bring edification to another who hears you?
Can anyone see how you live and would want to emulate/imitate you to completion?

If truly it means what you claim to know then Jesus Christ would not be bothered about saying this to this man in Matthew 19:21.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why British Women Are Turning To Islam / With God On Our Side: God-inspired Violence - The Christians / Islam Is Fake Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.