Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. (964 Views)

Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Mob Strip Young Lady For Allegedly Robbing POS Operator With Toy Gun / I Would Have Spent All My Money On This Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by Itohanmiwa: 9:42pm On May 28, 2021
Hello everyone, sorry I had to bring this to this section of naira land but I really need all the help I can get at this moment. Exactly on the 29th April 2021, I tried withdrawing from a pos close to where I live, my card was declined after 2 attempts, then I had to transfer the money to the account of the operator. I didn't get a debit alert that day so I didn't make a fuss when the pos owner said he didn't receive my money. After waiting for few days I had to go complain at gtbank and was told at the bank that the transaction was successful and the money was sent to the designated account. Till now the pos operator claims not to have received the money even after the bank confirmed it was sent to them. Pls house how do I go about it so I can recover my funds and possible indict this fraudulent operator? Every advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by Cholls(m): 9:45pm On May 28, 2021
My brother you no know efcc
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by Itohanmiwa: 9:53pm On May 28, 2021
Cholls:
My brother you no know efcc

Won't that take a long time to achieve or they can act on just one complain? I've thought about complaining to efcc but I felt they will have to wait for more people to complain before acting.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 28, 2021
She might have removed your card before the transaction was successful.A POS sales girl did it to me when I traveled to my village.I received alert,but the transaction was declined in her pos machine.Even when I showed her my debit alert message,she insisted that it was decline.After I disagree with her,she called her Oga.Her Oga told her to pay me.When you go and withdraw money at a pos,don't interact with the sales person and be vigilant.Those girls are working for a fraudster.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by SUPERPACK: 10:03pm On May 28, 2021
Itohanmiwa:

Won't that take a long time to achieve or they can act on just one complain? I've thought about complaining to efcc but I felt they will have to wait for more people to complain before acting.
Tell them to show you their bank statement of account, of possible involve the police to obtain the statement.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by Kingsasian(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2021
Ask him for statement of account printout

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by HolyMonks: 10:04pm On May 28, 2021
Try negotiating a daliogue between you and the post agent.

Tell him that you want to see the transaction details to be sure once he does that,

Go to your bank ask them for the printout of the successful transaction.

Go back to the POS agent and do thorough checking to find out it both transaction ID matchs.

If it does tell me to refund you immediately.
If he proves adamant contact the security force and remember don't engage in Any form of violence to avoid regrets.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by paulolee(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2021
go n gwt proves from ur bank n involve d police or soldier if possible even if na small 2k bcoz tinz too hard o..
u go fear wen d police go salute n call u sir when u press am 5h..
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Fraudulent Pos Operator. by bigpicture001: 11:17pm On May 28, 2021
The true explanationnis this....when a transaction is concluded whether successful or not but if there is debit on one end..it means the third party which is not the bank or you (usually interswitch) has received the money nd their operatibg system has been programmed to automtically remit the money to the agents account....

Now because of failure from machines which are ntural, the money will stall its transition to the agent account and will not credit...when you go to your bank,they only check whether it left your account and can never know if its in the gents account because the agent doesnt bank with them..hence they set u ip with the agent instead of them to giv u a form to fill out to demand insterwitch push the stalled transaction through.. Some bank wouldnt set u up aagnsit the agent,they will tell u to tell the agent to get a statement of his account on the sid date and next day and show u to confirm its not there....you will be shocked to see the transaction will not be there...

But if your bank after doing the statement of account shit decides to help u.they giv u a form to fill out which will help them force ibterswitch to check the transactions...and interswitch usually not always send the money back to the customer

So dont entierly blame the agent

(1) (Reply)

Olu Maintain - Yahooze Video... My Thoughts / Men Go Into Relationships Looking For Love But For Women It’s Money / Parting Shots To All Bisexuals And Gays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.