Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State (2209 Views)

Southerners And Christians In Nasarawa And Plateau Should Tread Carefully / Shehu Sanni Says Zamfara Should Treat Bello Turji's Repentance With Caution / I Told Tinubu Personally To Tread With Caution And Stop Making Enemies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Idiko1: 10:01am On May 29, 2021
helinues:
FG are already being cautious in their way of handling the unrest in SE... SE people should also tell the UGM to stop attacking...

They have made their points known most especially the dismantling of some unnecessary check points in the east... That should be enough for now.

Let peace be restored in SE

Are you this lame in stream of thought? How can people tell unknown beings anything? Please help us tell the unknown gun men that we have heard their message.

1 Like

Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by davinchecodes(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

Conext of article - "if the Nigerian Army start to shell and bomb Igbo towns and cities, this will become a full blown WAR - i am sure you understand"

85% of Igbos are against UGM including me and especially many of us who have hundreds of relatives in the army.

But..

The way to stop the violence is not to create more violence. They should work with the indigenes, police and government to eradicate the UGM plague which we all hate.

However, what I have been told by people on the ground in Imo State is that the NA is going about maiming, killing and abducting mostly innocent youth in the hundreds. And the funny thing is they always arrive at a crime scene after the UGM have vacated ; then they start killing innocent people. If this approach continues, the NA cannot win, it will fail.

So if you are a soldier etc tell your strategists to learn from Boko Haram and to do better this time to CREATE PEACE not WAR !!!!
85%, you all are not up to 2%, baba shut up you no dey east.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by helinues: 10:06am On May 29, 2021
Idiko1:

Are this lame in stream of thought? How can people tell unknown beings anything? Please help us tell the unknown gun men that we have heard their message.

Incoherent
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Chris525: 10:10am On May 29, 2021
Good! Now you’re beginning to unravel.

If the army decide to shell the whole of the east, what does IPOB have to fight back to make it a full blown war? You’re a joker. Even Boko Haram with AlQaeda & ISIS backing hides from the NA, talk less of IPOB.

The day you pick up arms against a country you have declared war. You are in a war but you don’t realize it yet, the war has come but you’re still waiting for it, lol. If the Army bumps into IPOB/ESN miscreants or goes into their hideouts they’ll open fire, thats war man, wake up. You’re living in a bubble and under some strange illusion which is peculiar with most IPOBists.

If you want peace you have to drop those arms on the terms of your opponent.

Army arrives after IPOB/ESN vacates? Well they need not vacate. They can as well not be in a hurry and wait for the NA to arrive. Joker.

YouWillNotWin:

Conext of article - "if the Nigerian Army start to shell and bomb Igbo towns and cities, this will become a full blown WAR - i am sure you understand"

85% of Igbos are against UGM including me and especially many of us who have hundreds of relatives in the army.

But..

The way to stop the violence is not to create more violence. They should work with the indigenes, police and government to eradicate the UGM plague which we all hate.

However, what I have been told by people on the ground in Imo State is that the NA is going about maiming, killing and abducting mostly innocent youth in the hundreds. And the funny thing is they always arrive at a crime scene after the UGM have vacated ; then they start killing innocent people. If this approach continues, the NA cannot win, it will fail.

So if you are a soldier etc tell your strategists to learn from Boko Haram and to do better this time to CREATE PEACE not WAR !!!!
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Nobody: 10:15am On May 29, 2021
Chris525:

Good! Now you’re beginning to unravel.

If the army decide to shell the whole of the east, what does IPOB have to fight back to make it a full blown war? You’re a joker. Even Boko Haram with AlQaeda & ISIS backing hides from the NA, talk less of IPOB.

The day you pick up arms against a country you have declared war. You are in a war but you don’t realize it yet, the war has come but you’re still waiting for it, lol. If the Army bumps into IPOB/ESN miscreants or goes into their hideouts they’ll open fire, thats war man, wake up. You’re living in a bubble and under some strange illusion which is peculiar with most IPOBists.

If you want peace you have to drop those arms on the terms of your opponent.

Army arrives after IPOB/ESN vacates? Well they need not vacate. They can as well not be in a hurry and wait for the NA to arrive. Joker.

Lol, you have intentionally skipped through all the points I raised in specific sequence and I am not IPOB - cheesy

I am in London having a beautiful cup of coffee while you are overrating the NA and talking crap as expected. No point arguing, carry on, we will see how it ends. The truth is the NA needs better training and education. You cannot carry out collateral damage and expect to sleep at night with both eyes closed. People are desperate, people are angry, people are impoverished and what does you overrated NA do ? They pour flames over the fire.

Daft people. cool

4 Likes

Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Chris525: 10:16am On May 29, 2021
If they have lost why are you so worried? You should be happy.

War isn’t fought on twitter/FB my brother. Creating multiple fake accounts to propagate your nonsense wont do you any good. Propaganda can win you an election, not a war.

Nursed aggression doesn’t mean you’ll win and the victim doesn’t always win. This is no home video or happy ending cinderella story. You could still die with your nursed aggression if you don’t employ tact.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. Use wisdom, not nursed aggression.

Kandeed:

So will the Army track them to their respective homes using Twitter or FB?? what you see Igbo people do on Twitter or FB is as a result of nursed aggression n oppression. imagine 90% of igbos supporting UGM pls tell the military they've lost this battle even without drawing the battle line
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Chris525: 10:21am On May 29, 2021
I skipped your points, sorry, you thought you made sense but they’re dirt.

What does your being a London have to do with this? Nothing.

Reality is...you’re not in London. If you were, you wouldn’t see a cup of coffee as something to brag about.

Also, I’m willing to stake on the fact that you most likely have never had coffee.

YouWillNotWin:

Lol, you have intentionally skipped through all the points I raised in specific sequence and I am not IPOB - cheesy

I am in London having a beautiful cup of coffee while you are overrating the NA and talking crap as expected. No point arguing, carry on, we will see how it ends. The truth is the NA needs better training and education. You cannot carry out collateral damage and expect to sleep at night with both eyes closed. People are desperate, people are angry, people are impoverished and what does you overrated NA do, they pour flames over the fire.

Daft people. cool

Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Nobody: 10:23am On May 29, 2021
Chris525:

I skipped your points, sorry, you thought you made sense but they’re dirt.

What does your being a London have to do with this? Nothing.

Reality is...you’re not in London. If you were, you wouldn’t see a cup of coffee as something to brag about.

Also, I’m willing to stake on the fact that you most likely have never had coffee.

You said "I skipped your points, sorry, you thought you made sense but they’re dirt" - does that not make your rebuttal daft and silly ? Responding to the OP without applying proper context ?

You sound so hurt, I sense a badly bruised ego !

Your NA needs better training !!

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Nobody: 10:28am On May 29, 2021
Xscape1993:
How & when did all these started in Imo state?

"The day the Supreme Court Governor was sent to Owerri to advance Fulanization and Islamization Agenda of the North".

Don't quote me. I read it somewhere
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Xscape1993(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2021
misterme:

"The day the Supreme Court Governor was sent to Owerri to advance Fulanization and Islamization Agenda of the North".

Don't quote me. I read it somewhere
It is well ooo.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by mrvitalis(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2021
Xscape1993:
How & when did all these started in Imo state?
When army carried out airstrikes in orlu after obigbo massacre
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by goodnessme1(f): 10:35am On May 29, 2021
helinues:

Ipob or whoever can never ever say they don't want soldiers in any part of SE... Infact, the checkpoints would be back but not the unnecessary ones... They were set up for a purpose..

We all want peace not threatening...
Make sure you join them in that checkpoints.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by udede(m): 10:35am On May 29, 2021
helinues:
FG are already being cautious in their way of handling the unrest in SE... SE people should also tell the UGM to stop attacking...

They have made their points known most especially the dismantling of some unnecessary check points in the east... That should be enough for now.

one of the few posts that make sense on nairaland
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by udede(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2021
Nigeria cannot wiin this if it turns to a full scale gaurrilla war .

Most Christians countries are sympathetic to the biafran cause

Nigerian military are disgruntled, most will not agree to die for Nigeria.

The marginalisation of biafraland under buhari is obvious and clear so there is no going back on biafra
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by ivolt: 10:40am On May 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

If the USA had to withdraw from Iraq and AFGHANSITAN after almost 15 years of war and the loss of almost 20 thousand troops, who the hell is the Nigerian Army?
The US didn't intend to stay forever in Iraq and they still have forces stationed there after dismantling
various terrorist group and installing puppets in various government agencies.

As for Afghanistan, are you willing to start living in squalor like Afghanistan's and experience
extreme poverty just for bragging right?
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Nobody: 10:43am On May 29, 2021
ivolt:

The US didn't intend to stay forever in Iraq and they still have forces stationed there after dismantling
various terrorist group and installing puppets in various government agencies.

As for Afghanistan, are you willing to start living in squalor like Afghanistan's and experience
extreme poverty just for bragging right?

The number has dwindled substantially. The semblance of victory which is not victory at all was at the cost of circa 5000 dead troops , thousands more maimed for life , and tens of thousands suffering PSTD as we speak.

War is not good, nobody wins. Therefore the NA should look for better ways to deal with this crisis. Number 1 strategy ?? WIN THE SUPPORT OF THE PEOPLE and you have the WON THE WAR.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Jamesukaegbu: 10:49am On May 29, 2021
Have they?uote author=helinues post=102160291]FG are already being cautious in their way of handling the unrest in SE... SE people should also tell the UGM to stop attacking...

Let peace be restored in SE[/quote]
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by henrysam(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

What is this illiterate saying !
Don't mind the fool.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by ivolt: 10:51am On May 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

You have said nothing here.
Some indigenes including you support UGM aka ESN going by your reactions after every attack.
The other day some were hailing the gunmen who came to attack a police station.
You openly brag about ESN power and promise more attacks.

This is exactly the strategy of UGM and many terrorist organizations. They are always innocent when caught.
You are obviously doing a PR for them.
Ipob isn't stupid, its main approach is to always claim innocence when its foot soldiers are caught.

Always competing with terrorist groups.
What would you have done to Boko haram, surrender territories to them without a fight
so they can freely sell non-believer slaves?

The only thing to learn from Boko haram is the mistake of not completely crushing them at the beginning.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Valkrie: 10:53am On May 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:
The first thing we should know is that the Nigerian Army is very good at turning an infraction into full blown chaos just as they did with Boko Haram. The Nigerian government is even worse, they think in their primitive black brains that all infractions and protests must be met with fire for fire whether peaceful or not. We all know what is going on in Owerri with the abduction and wasting of young men and women by the Nigerian Army. It is going to attract a massive backlash that these soldiers will come to regret for all eternity.

Now, the reason for this article is that there are some juveniles, Islamic terrorists, ethnically bigoted losers and cowards on this forum who are recommending the bombing of cities and towns in the South East as this will teach Igbos a lesson. What these miscreants and frustrated losers do not understand is that we are in 2021 not 1967 when communication was limited, and people were ignorant. If this approach is used to attempt to subjugate the Igbos, these are the things that WILL ( NOT MAY ) happen; mark my word today being May 29th, 2021. You all will come back here to shed your crocodile tears when you become refugees and strangers in your own land.

These are the things that WILL happen when the cowardly and poorly trained Nigerian army start bombing and shelling towns and cities in the South East

The Nigerian government will lose the narrative as International attention will now focus on Nigeria

2. Just like during the worldwide black lives matter protests, there will be a huge and unstoppable global movement against the Nigerian Sahel government. It will happen don't argue .

3. There will be MUTINY in the army, first with the Igbos and then many christian soldiers; it will be a case of to your tents oh Israel

4. The Nigerian Army should get ready to fight wars on 3 fronts - against the East, ISWAP, and the Middle Belt.

5. Whereas you had only a few IPOB & ESN members fighting the army, millions of youth will now take arms to defend their father land and there will be a mass slaughter of Nigerian soldiers

6. Finally, the Nigerian government will collapse because ISWAP will take over Abuja and there will be a refugee crisis like no other

7. Soldiers and other uniformed personal will have nowhere to go back to after the war, because ISWAP would have overrun their own cities, towns, and villages. They will become prisoners of war in the South East and be used for hard labour

8. Yes, many Igbos will die but the Nigerian Army will fall once and for all.

If the USA had to withdraw from Iraq and AFGHANSITAN after almost 15 years of war and the loss of almost 20 thousand troops, who the hell is the Nigerian Army?

This is exactly what the mumu people shouting and calling themselves patriot fail to understand...this is not 1967 and the nigeria army still keeping a colonial military training and mentality with no single innovation would capitulate...The Nigeria army fool all others against the igbo then...the reverse would be the case now....for iswap they would only end up north with their fulani brothers and can't take Abuja for sure...Abuja is for the gwaris and other minority middlebeltern tribe and in war situation they understand that be quiet is not cowardice...!!
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by Nobody: 10:58am On May 29, 2021
ivolt:

You have said nothing here.
Some indigenes including you support UGM aka ESN going by your reactions after every attack.
The other day some were hailing the gunmen who came to attack a police station.
You openly brag about ESN power and promise more attacks.

CRAP - not everyone supports UGM. Besides I wrote this article yesterday - try to comprehend.

https://www.nairaland.com/6574991/why-eastern-security-network-may

This is exactly the strategy of UGM and many terrorist organizations. They are always innocent when caught.
You are obviously doing a PR for them.
Ipob isn't stupid, its main approach is to always claim innocence when its foot soldiers are caught.

No man is a terrorist in his own land when he is fighting for freedom. IPOB was created as a direct result of the non stop massacre of peaceful protesters, SARs Police brutality , multiple checkpoints used for harassment and extortion etc. If you want peace as a government, WORK for peace.

Always competing with terrorist groups.
What would you have done to Boko haram, surrender territories to them without a fight
so they can freely sell non-believer slaves?

No, I followed Boko Haram from the beginning. The problem was not with crushing Boko Haram, that would have been a good thing. The problem started when your soldiers and police started gunning down anyone who they felt, thought or suspected was Boko Haram or a Boko Haram sympathiser ; often without a trial, decent burial or respect for the families. Now you have ISWAP - good luck.
Re: Why The Nigerian Army And Government Should Tread With Caution In Imo State by jude79(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2021
helinues:

but this is what easterners where advising in the past, but you thought the Nigerian state is almighty, knowing fully well that God is the only almighty, it is not everything that is achieved by brute force. Government should treat Nigerians equally and endeavor to use merit as their watchword rather than nepotism. the core north should understand that some ethnic nationalities in the south especially cannot tolerate the kind of subjugation they mete out to northern Christians and traditionalist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Moves To Block Nigerians From Using VPN For Twitter, Others, / Soludo Visits Scene Of Attacks In Nnewi South Hqtrs / Ipob Sit-at Home: What I Saw This Morning On My Way To The East: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.