Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,326 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes (62300 Views)

Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard / I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo / Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by pek(m): 5:54pm On May 31, 2021
Three things are attracting them there. Bushes and food. I presume there are lots of lizards and other crawling things around. The third is a mating partner. Those snakes are not juveniles as you think. The are probably after a mate. The local solution I know which have worked for me is to throw around bitter kola all over the place.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2021
But bitter kola cut into pieces and pour around the environment

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Randy111(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2021
I hate snakes
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by prigoz(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:
Thank God you killed the one trying to swallow that lizard,it is bad omen for a snake to swallow lizard in the presence of a person, it means death was about to take someone you know but your quick intervention have saved that person.
Some people will call this superstitious belief,but it's real. Especially if you have a sick or pregnant relation.
So people can be so funny, so those ones they show life on Nat Geo Wild, it means they will have countless deaths. Superstition can do alot in people's lives

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by eeetuk(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2021
To get rid of snakes, take the following steps:

1) spray serpent guard around affected areas. Serpent guard is in walmart or Amazon stores

2) get rid of hiding places---like dumpsters, garbage cans, food storage around your house

3) cut grasses around your house every week

4) stop leaving your doors and windows in your house open

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by mecussey(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I was once like you. let me share my experience.

I too was a security man in an uncompleted building.

owned by a very rich man, the pay was good but the risk was much. There were more snakes in that compound than my entire LGA.

He said I was not allowed to kill the snakes. I should just let them be.

I had to make a decision instantly, I resigned. my friend tell the property owner first, if the response is useless just quit.

You worked for Brutai
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by detectivejones: 5:57pm On May 31, 2021
Nairaland mods and any post with snake headline are like 5&6
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by phkka1(m): 5:58pm On May 31, 2021
Fumigation and are the solution to the problem.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Kinzo980: 5:58pm On May 31, 2021
There is an animal that is a natural predator of snakes. It's called mongoose. I don't know if we have them in Nigeria though.

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Uteghe(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2021
Have you called ESN?
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by phkka1(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2021
Fumigation and clearing of the environment are the solutions to the problem.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:00pm On May 31, 2021
Faraday1997:
Please fellows help in giving any tips or ideas on how to get rid of snakes around the environments.

Here at where I work as a security guard is fully infected with lots of snakes and they are now on the move. Probably the mother have hatched her eggs and they're now on the move around the facilities. Mainly on daily basis I have been encountering and killing them.

But please if there is anything else I can do to help get rid of them please kindly share with me please.
Maybe because you always forgot to cut off their heads embarassed
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ayubaazonto: 6:01pm On May 31, 2021
Proper fumigation
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by olatdove: 6:03pm On May 31, 2021
Contact below details for best fumigation

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by JIMXMAVERICK(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2021
Get rid of those lizards first before complaining
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by SlayerForever: 6:05pm On May 31, 2021
Faraday1997:
Please fellows help in giving any tips or ideas on how to get rid of snakes around the environments.

Here at where I work as a security guard is fully infected with lots of snakes and they are now on the move. Probably the mother have hatched her eggs and they're now on the move around the facilities. Mainly on daily basis I have been encountering and killing them.

But please if there is anything else I can do to help get rid of them please kindly share with me please.

Just fumigate the place bro. They will run away.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by chatinent: 6:05pm On May 31, 2021
He should get cabbade from the mechanic work shop, stuffing the cabbade inside an empty container of Heineken or another like it. Ofcourse with scanty hole made in the Heineken container.

This will work.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:07pm On May 31, 2021
prigoz:

So people can be so funny, so those ones they show life on Nat Geo Wild, it means they will have countless deaths. Superstition can do alot in people's lives
shey nat dat side u dey stay abi u don see white man dey do sacrifice for 4 junction. Nairaland Einstein without laboratory.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:08pm On May 31, 2021
Dhotseal:

Inside 2021 o!
How can you talk like this for 2021 bro?
because it true. If u haven't heard it before don't argue what u don't know,same goes for bees entering someone's house. It's bad omen.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:09pm On May 31, 2021
grandstar:

Bros, are you an apprentice to babalawo? What's all this?
go ask questions before u argue what u don't know.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by nsiba: 6:10pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:
Thank God you killed the one trying to swallow that lizard,it is bad omen for a snake to swallow lizard in the presence of a person, it means death was about to take someone you know but your quick intervention have saved that person.
Some people will call this superstitious belief,but it's real. Especially if you have a sick or pregnant relation.

Stop talking nonsense, so snake won't eat again?
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:10pm On May 31, 2021
lexy2014:

Who made it a bad omen?
because it's a bad omen..I was born and grew up living in Edo state. It's a bad omen same goes for bees entering someone's house. Not good bro.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:11pm On May 31, 2021
donbenie:
Your Superstitious beliefs does not in any way control anything apart from your own actions..

Continue believing in whatever you want..

Doesn't change the way the world is..
then u shouldn't have quoted me in the first place,u for read and pass
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:12pm On May 31, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

So snakes shouldn't eat in peace again in the presence of humans?

How will the life cycle continue?
didn't say so but it's bad omen seeing it. Ask questions
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Shaev7(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2021
I just like the scene, seeing events like this real life makes me happy. Not all the time NAT GeO wild, now this is Real.
Wow. Kudos. LOOK at how that one is swallowing. If its me, I wouldn't kill, I will wait and watch it swallow it and have the film.
Very cool.

Now fumigation the environment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Tabletuner(m): 6:13pm On May 31, 2021
Dizzyrascal:
Left Nairaland for a couple of months only to return and yet another snake thread makes front page. Na wa ooooo. Nothing has changed!

Snake thread will keep trending on Nairaland as long as Lala is a mod.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by 2elliot: 6:13pm On May 31, 2021
mix lime juice and hot pepper, spray around the area to ward off snakes. Or plant lemongrass around the area. They don't like the smell of lemongrass..

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ekene101: 6:13pm On May 31, 2021
nsiba:

Stop talking nonsense, so snake won't eat again?
nairaland Einstein without laboratory,go ask ur elders. It's bad omen seeing snake swallowing a lizard. All these BoBo and caprisone shikdren.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by pafo(m): 6:14pm On May 31, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I was once like you. let me share my experience.

I too was a security man in an uncompleted building.

owned by a very rich man, the pay was good but the risk was much. There were more snakes in that compound than my entire LGA.

He said I was not allowed to kill the snakes. I should just let them be.

I had to make a decision instantly, I Resigned..

my friend tell the property owner first, if the response is useless just quit.

For reals bro? Nkan mbe o!
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Marayola(f): 6:14pm On May 31, 2021
EXLOVER:
Why don't you kill their mother and adopt the kids, take care of them, name them, when they are old enough to the stage of getting married they will never forget the good things you did for them. Snakes Lives Matter.

Just thinking out loud
Mad Ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NDA Past Questions And Answers (nigerian Defence Academy) / The Python Soldiers Killed At Their Battalion Today / Checkout This Ananconda Like Snake Killed Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.