Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,049 members, 7,863,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! (45153 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) / Osama Bin Laden Is Not Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 02, 2011
They buried him immediately arrrrrrrrrg, He deserved to be humilated,
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by princeonx: 5:07pm On May 02, 2011
obama29:

I wonder when Americans re going to wise,
how many times will osama be killed, the jews had another for diverting the world attention by obama announcing osama death,

What are you chewing in the name of talking? Can you provide/post any prove of Osama being dead before May 1st 2011?
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by GoodMuyis(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2011
"Paulus from yahoo news":
I'm not sad to hear the news of Osama Bin Ladens's death, but neither am I overjoyed. Let's wait and see what happens next. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know. Osama was the front man of the fanatic Islam branch al Qaeda. Someone will just simply replace him. Who knows the next leader may be more worse.

So don't even be Surprise if O[/b]B[b]AMA Turns to new O[/b]S[b]AMA
=======
BTW can we have Pics of the Dead OSAMA so this case won't be like that of Idiame of Uganda
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by obama29(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2011
Guy am telling u with fact, he was announce dead in 2001 and 2007,how many times will osama bin laden die?
heres the link, http://panafricannews..com/2011/05/dead-again-us-announces-another-death.html
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Markenny(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2011
it take obama to kill osama
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by cold(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2011
Just listen to how Fox News is taking Obama apart.Refusing to give him any credit

http://live.foxnews.com/
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 02, 2011
Osama Bin Laden is an idea. And ideas can't be killed with a shotgun tongue
Another dude will pop up soon. It could be that the original Osama died long ago on those many "OBL death" reports.

Watch V for Vendetta. grin
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by xreal: 5:30pm On May 02, 2011
Abeg! Abeg! Abeg!

And why can't we see reliable picture and videos confirming this? The picture being flaunt in the News and on NL - is reportedly (by the press) an unconfirmed one.

Why the rush in burying sinking the corpse of such a 'wanted'? (if indeed he's been hunted all this years).

IMO, it's either he is somewhere living a healthy, wealthy and a comfortable life or he's been dead long ago.

Deceit, Lies. . . all na propaganda.

Wayo peepull.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by tpia5: 5:32pm On May 02, 2011
i dont really understand why his body had to be dumped in the sea.

anyway, quite a lot of mystery about this matter.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Olumogun: 5:35pm On May 02, 2011
Who will ever believe that it is OBAMA that will finally kill OSAMA?
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by GeorgeD1(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2011
obama29:

I wonder when Americans re going to wise,
how many times will osama be killed, the jews had another for diverting the world attention by obama announcing osama death,

i just shake my head in pity. keep on living in self denial.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by reindeer: 5:39pm On May 02, 2011
George_D:

i just shake my head. keep on living in self denial.

Abeg leave them o.Do they think the russians will be fooled?Or the germans?Or Osama's Taliban brothers?Maybe they should read the response from those people before coming up with the hollywood inspired conspiracy theories.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by MrInfo1(m): 5:57pm On May 02, 2011
Osama Bin Laden was not killed jare, He committed suicide because he was not invited in the RoyalWedding grin
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 02, 2011
2buff:

Another dude will pop up soon. It could be that the original Osama died long ago on those many "OBL death" reports.

Very brilliant post. . .the same way the chinese,koreans,cubans and the venezuelans will do everything to sustain communism.Eliminating osama does not change anything in as much as the US still occupies Arab territories and launch attack against them under the guise of fighting terrorism.
until western occupation is eliminated in the Arab world,it is only then the fight against terrorism can be deicded to be a
success or total failure.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by MShittu: 6:17pm On May 02, 2011
This might seem proper; it does allow the families of individuals killed in truly deplorable terrorist attacks a moderate amount of closure, but one needs to take into consideration that Osama Bin Laden's killing was an extra-judicial one. Moreover, Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan by U.S Navy SEALs who had not informed the Pakistani government of their plans prior to the event, and, as such, the killing seemed to belittle Pakistan's sovereignty, and the fact that President Obama, who really is a beacon of hope in American foreign policy, was involved in this transgression serves to further push it into illegitimacy. The event might have numerous repercussions; it might be that Al Qaeda is a terribly organized group and might topple within a number of months to a couple of years. I think that, however, Bin Laden's death was anticipated and that Al Qaeda has a contingency plan, and that Al Qaeda might seek to avenge the killing of their leader through means nefarious to the extreme. Also worrying is the fact that Al Qaeda and the Taliban might play on existing anti-American sentiment in Southern Asia, and might use the U.S's robbing from Pakistan a considerable portion of its sovereignty to fan the flames of hatred in impoverished Arab and Asian nations, the citizens of which might join Al Qaeda and allow for the development of what is, at the moment, an extremely gruesome tumor into a full-blown invasive, metastasized cancer.

Some of the words I used in the above, particularly those related to the U.S's diplomatic conduct in relation to its respecting other nations' sovereignty might seem overly harsh, and I hope nobody misunderstands and reads what I'm saying as a denouncement of what truly is an event whose effects might, fr a very large part, serve to destabilize what is the worst criminal organization in the world today. I really just want to get these points out there for discussion, is all.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by chibaby5(f): 6:20pm On May 02, 2011
@topic

For real? shocked shocked shocked how?
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by reindeer: 6:24pm On May 02, 2011
MShittu:

This might seem proper; it does allow the families of individuals killed in truly deplorable terrorist attacks a moderate amount of closure, but one needs to take into consideration that Osama Bin Laden's killing was an extra-judicial one. Moreover, Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan by U.S Navy SEALs who had not informed the Pakistani government of their plans prior to the event, and, as such, the killing seemed to belittle Pakistan's sovereignty, and the fact that President Obama, who really is a beacon of hope in American foreign policy, was involved in this transgression serves to further push it into illegitimacy. The event might have numerous repercussions; it might be that Al Qaeda is a terribly organized group and might topple within a number of months to a couple of years. I think that, however, Bin Laden's death was anticipated and that Al Qaeda has a contingency plan, and that Al Qaeda might seek to avenge the killing of their leader through means nefarious to the extreme. Also worrying is the fact that Al Qaeda and the Taliban might play on existing anti-American sentiment in Southern Asia, and might use the U.S's robbing from Pakistan a considerable portion of its sovereignty to fan the flames of hatred in impoverished Arab and Asian nations, the citizens of which might join Al Qaeda and allow for the development of what is, at the moment, an extremely gruesome tumor into a full-blown invasive, metastasized cancer.

Some of the words I used in the above, particularly those related to the U.S's diplomatic conduct in relation to its respecting other nations' sovereignty might seem overly harsh, and I hope nobody misunderstands and reads what I'm saying as a denouncement of what truly is an event whose effects might, fr a very large part, serve to destabilize what is the worst criminal organization in the world today. I really just want to get these points out there for discussion, is all.

You are wrong.The Pakistani gathered the intelligence and passed it onwards and they were informed(albeit at the last minute) of the operation and they went along.

"We are very glad that our American partners did," he said. "They had superior intelligence, they had superior technology, and we are grateful to them and to God for having given us this opportunity to bring this chapter to an end."

Wajid Shamsul Hasan, Pakistan's high commissioner to the United Kingdom, told CNN Pakistan knew the operation was going to happen but he was unclear when it was informed about it.

He said both Pakistan and the United States shared intelligence, and Pakistan was "in the know of certain things" and "what happened happened with our consent."

"Americans got to know him -- where he was first -- and that's why they struck it and struck it precisely," he said

culled from CNN.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by MShittu: 6:36pm On May 02, 2011
reindeer:

You are wrong.The Pakistani gathered the intelligence and passed it onwards and they were informed(albeit at the last minute) of the operation and they went along.

"We are very glad that our American partners did," he said. "They had superior intelligence, they had superior technology, and we are grateful to them and to God for having given us this opportunity to bring this chapter to an end."

Wajid Shamsul Hasan, Pakistan's high commissioner to the United Kingdom, told CNN Pakistan knew the operation was going to happen but he was unclear when it was informed about it.

He said both Pakistan and the United States shared intelligence, and Pakistan was "in the know of certain things" and "what happened happened with our consent."

"Americans got to know him -- where he was first -- and that's why they struck it and struck it precisely," he said

culled from CNN.
Taking your point into consideration, it is still possible that Al Qaeda might play on anti-American sentiment in the region to strengthen themselves.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by reindeer: 6:39pm On May 02, 2011
True.
But i dont see what America will linger on in Afghanistan for any longer. If they successfuly extricate themselves from Afghanistan then i guess those sentiments may not be as strong as they would have been otherwise.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by MShittu: 6:42pm On May 02, 2011
reindeer:

True.
But i dont see what America will linger on in Afghanistan for any longer. If they successfuly extricate themselves from Afghanistan then i guess those sentiments may not be as strong as they would have been otherwise.
I doubt that U.S troops'll be coming out of Afghanistan anytime soon. Insurgency of the type that characterizes that country cannot be stopped by an event such as this. The U.S'll have to go straight to the very roots of the problem in Afghanistan, and pulling said roots out of the ground'll be quite a task. The U.S might even have to do a little bit of nation building in Afghanistan, as in order to ensure that terrorist groups have no audience, the U.S'll have to go some way towards decreasing poverty in Afghanistan.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by reindeer: 6:52pm On May 02, 2011
Looks like they'll be there for a while then.
They need to win the trust of the locals definitely, maybe they just wont see them as grabbing their lands anymore.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by lepasharon(f): 6:59pm On May 02, 2011
do nt b deceived, did u c d dead body? it could b a conspiracy u know like 9/11, by this illuminati ppl watch and pray we in d end time.pray also because dese muslim ppl may wanna start blowin evrywhere up.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by AChigozie1(f): 7:08pm On May 02, 2011
It is time for all US troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan immediately! However, I doubt such an act will happen. President Obama has proven to the world and his naysayers at home that he is indeed a great commander-in chief. God Bless my beloved President Obama and may God Bless the World!
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by mamagee3(f): 7:13pm On May 02, 2011
Good riddance to bad and stinky rubbish
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Jakumo(m): 7:18pm On May 02, 2011
To quiet the inevitable conspiracy theories that follow any event of historic significance such as Bin Laden's liquidation, his stuffed, restored and preserved body should have been taken on a grand farewell tour of the world, in which he would be put on display in various changes of costume, while scantily clad "virgins" cavort to loud music.
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On May 02, 2011
Jakumo:

To quiet the inevitable conspiracy theories that follow any event of historic significance such as Bin Laden's liquidation, his stuffed, restored and preserved body should have been taken on a grand farewell tour of the world, in which he would be put on display in various changes of costume, while scantily clad "virgins" cavort to loud music.  

Nah!!! I say those who don't believe can go prove that his body is not right now at the bottom of the sea with the sharks!!! No need to hug a transformer for this one . . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 02, 2011
reindeer:

True.

Why should they leave when there is still OPIUM to exploit ?
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by konami001: 7:30pm On May 02, 2011
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 02, 2011
2buff:

I watched V for Vendetta and I completely get where you are coming from . . . so do more than half of Americans. We know that the death of Osama is not the end of terror and I believe that issue has been touched over and over since even before Obama's speech last night and the re-iteration of that piece this morning by many other american diplomats around the world.

However, we did get this one -- THE Osama Bin Laden, and that there is a message to all other copy-cats out there. If you mess with Americans -- they are willing to spend Trillions of dollars to hunt you, will eventually find your arse -- send out a "Kill SQUAD" for you, take custody of your body, regardless of your religion, and make your final resting place be with the sharks in the deep!

I am just being devious!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 02, 2011
good news to the whole world
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by reindeer: 7:33pm On May 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I watched V for Vendetta and I completely get where you are coming from . . . so do more than half of Americans. We know that the death of Osama is not the end of terror and I believe that issue has been touched over and over since even before Obama's speech last night and the re-iteration of that piece this morning by many other american diplomats around the world.

However, we did get this one -- THE Osama Bin Laden, and that there is a message to all other copy-cats out there. If you mess with Americans -- they are willing to spend Trillions of dollars to hunt you, will eventually find your arse -- send out a "Kill SQUAD" for you, take custody of your body, regardless of your religion, and make your final resting place be with the sharks in the deep!

I am just being devious!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin. They will still come back and tell you it is all lies.That in fact Obama arranged everything with Osama to fake his death just to help him win an election grin grin
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! by kabukabu(m): 7:35pm On May 02, 2011
Anini of arabia is dead, Details.

A courier going to and fro from his compound was tracked for a year.

Navy seals went through 6 months of training to make sure no mistake was allowed

Obama ordered him to be shot not taken alive

bin laden used women and kids to cover himself to avoid being taken

He was shot in the eyes, no country would accept his body, so he was given a muslim burial in arabic by the trasnslators at sea

His coffin has GPS and satellie tracking and was sunk to the ocean bottom

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Katumba Wamala’s Daughter & Driver Killed In Uganda / Turkey: Avalanche Kills Dozens Of Rescuers (Photos) / Putin Arrives China In Style, Pledges Stronger Military Ties (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.