Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) (46689 Views)

Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by melaniaup: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Jacobx007:
The correct location of Akwa Ibom is the South, not East. Please take note

Can and read geographic you said no geopolitical zone is different from geographical area
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fourteen90:
Is Akwa ibom located in eastern Nigeria??
koye mi o
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by JohnSin97: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
Celebration of shit
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by tobstarizhia(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
Jacobx007:
The correct location of Akwa Ibom is the South, not East. Please take note

From your map why is Cross River South and Abia East?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
Looking like Dubai in 1998
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
nzeobi:

How much has that stadium generated for the state. Rather every year billions are budgeted for it's maintenance.
States should learn to invest in things that will bring revenue that can be invested in other sectors.
Am not talking about this tallest building anybody
It isnt generating funds now, it also wont collapse before it starts generating funds.
No stadia in nigeria generates funds...
But u cant but have to build it.
If na by generating funds, govt for no dey build universities and hospitals cos they dont generate funds for govt..meanwhile govt still take care of maintenance, and salaries.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

Most of the akwaibom people r used to the money politics, pacifying and praise singing for money akpabio introduced as his 31 industries in the state.
That is why udom isnt popular..
He doesnt throw money around like akpabio did..
U enter akwaibom, they hate him more than the witches and wizards in their respective families.
Guy relax na cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by BigBrother54321: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
If you think geography was the basis for dividing Nigeria into regions then go and refund your parents for all they spent on your education.

They are geopolitical regions. If the division was in error or unideal, why is that up till now, no one state in the South South has indicated interest to join the South East, or negated the division? no single one of them. Its you wretched lots of the SE laying & making claims that are baseless. Shameful.

Arda1000:
I wanted to ignore you but I have time,now can you bring a map and show us anywhere that has a cardinal point South South?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

It isnt generating funds now, it also wont collapse before it starts generating funds.
If na by generating funds, govt for no dey build universities and hospitals cos they dont generate funds for govt..meanwhile govt still take care of maintenance, and salaries.
Nice point blood
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by SaintUlot: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fine edifice, unfortunately it is built in a region where they don't want any form of development, claiming their Biafra agitation is antidevelopmental in nature. I won't be surprised if they set the place on fire before the day it would be commissioned.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by lexy2014: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:

And you were told that the said stadium wasn't useful or still not in used ?
Try an reason before commenting , that building up there is for IOCs which it's tenancy will be announce during the commissioning ok

How much is d stadium generating?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Tonytonex(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
[quote author=Ilaumoh post=102262600]I and some friends visited the tallest smart building in Eastern Nigeria completed and ready for commissioning .
This is not the Central Park tower in New York, neither is it the famous Duomo building in Milan, nor the Cathédrale Notre-Dame in Paris.

This is the 21 Storey smart building in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, built by Governor Udom Emmanuel. The building is the 9th tallest building in Nigeria, it towers as high as 108.8
meters.

Akwa Ibom State is beautiful ��

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by aniblue(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Funny enough, they've diverted the attention of the post to where Akwa ibom state belongs to grin
Why not fix the state in North Central for peace to reign grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
nzeobi:

I never said the state is not investing in other sectors and let me ask you, is JB managing the stadium for free ?.
Am only telling you that States should focus on productive ventures and forget cosmetics.
The money spent in building that class of stadium can build a 20000-50000 bpd refinery which will create jobs and earn the state Big revenue.
Do u know the process of getting a refinery licence in the country?
Victor attah tried it, the govt of obasanjo rejected it.
See the seaport project akwaibom is trying to build, if the govt tells u how much has been sunk in just to get licence and approval, u will be shock.
Now after getting the licence and approval, nk funds to kick start it.
The investors are footdragging cos of the current insecurity issues in the country.
The ease of doing business i have nigeria is herculean.
Thats why sensible people like me are clamoring for restructuring.
I dont need to get approval from the fed govt before i build a refinery in my backyard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Penguin2: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

Most of the akwaibom people r used to the money politics, pacifying and praise singing for money akpabio introduced as his 31 industries in the state.
That is why udom isnt popular..
He doesnt throw money around like akpabio did..
U enter akwaibom, they hate him more than the witches and wizards in their respective families.

True!

But the disadvantage is that if he was to toe that line, there would be no money left for investment.

One of the problems of Nigerians is that most of us lack foresight. Most of us can’t see beyond today and that’s why poverty abounds.

You tell someone to deny himself some gratification he’s giving himself today and invest in something that could change his life in 10 years and he wouldn’t wanna listen to you.

Pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Blitz888(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
It's a pity how people without a functional knowledge of history and geography are here trying to correct the Op who has rightly and knowledgeably pontificated to them that Eastern Nigeria is not South East and that there's no such thing as South South or North North!

Eastern Nigeria comprises of South East and Niger Delta.
Southern Nigeria has both South West and South East as component parts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Tonytonex(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
this is very beautiful.
Like abroad. Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
nzeobi:

I never said the state is not investing in other sectors and let me ask you, is JB managing the stadium for free ?.
Am only telling you that States should focus on productive ventures and forget cosmetics.
The money spent in building that class of stadium can build a 20000-50000 bpd refinery which will create jobs and earn the state Big revenue.

You don't want to listen, must everything be refinery?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

Education and health that u mentioned are aspects of public service which is d primary responsibility of govt. Providing a stadium of d size and cost as d akwa ibom stadium isn't a public service

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigBrother54321:

If you think geography was the basis for dividing Nigeria into regions then go and refund your parents for all they spent on your education.

They are geopolitical regions. If the division was in error or unideal, why is that up till now, no one state in the South South has indicated interest to join the South East, or negated the division? no single one of them. Its you wretched lots of the SE laying & making claims that are baseless. Shameful.

then that means you are simply crowded by emotion since you are implying that South South is simply a geopolitical,so the Op saying Akwaibom is East shouldn't pain you because Akwaibom is located Eastward in a cardinal point but South South geopolitically,Bt if anyone should be refunded the money paid for his education it's definitely your parents they should be refunded every penny spent on your education cause it's a complete waste

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Penguin2: 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

See the seaport project akwaibom is trying to build, if the govt tells u how much has been sunk in just to get licence and approval, u will be shock.
The investors are footdragging cos of the current insecurity issues in the country.
I dont need to get approval from the fed govt before i build a refinery in my backyard.

True. You can imagine sinking half of the fund you wanted to use in building your project in just trying to get your license approved.

It can be frustrating.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Nairarealman: 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
Akwa Ibom is a state in Nigeria. It is located in the coastal southern part of the country, lying between latitudes 4°32′N and 5°33′N, and longitudes 7°25′E and 8°25′E. The state is located in the South-South geopolitical zone, and is bordered on the east by Cross River State, on the west by Rivers State and Abia State, and on the south by the Atlantic Ocean and the southernmost tip of Cross River State.

Anago55:
. Imagine, you yorubas are horr1ble

The Op is a special adviser to the governor of Akwa ibom state on media. You that is living in far away Ogbomosho and a Tinubu lanky is questioning the authority of his comments

Tufiakwa
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
Go to your 5 state and stop this attache by force, Akwa ibom is in South South not East, Akwa Ibom have no business with the East
Bros am from akwaibom, but there is nothing like south south in four cardinal point in geographic illustration.
North west east or south.
Its either u have north east, north west, south east, or south west.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by samuelson06(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Again ask question before commenting.. The ikot ekpene hotel is now manage by Marriott group of companies and will be commission in December..
Meanwhile it's 95% completed now..
Akpabio abandoned it at 30% work done ..

At least he started it. Afterall the money Udom is using to complete the hotel isn't from his pocket. So stop this dirty political divisive talks. I'm happy that God has blessed Akwa Ibom w/ good leaders. Let's just encourage them to keep doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
JohnSin97:
Celebration of shit
Were did the write celebration in that post above or are you suffering from colour blindness related issues

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Jacobx007: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nairarealman:

Akwa Ibom is a state in Nigeria. It is located in the coastal southern part of the country, lying between latitudes 4°32′N and 5°33′N, and longitudes 7°25′E and 8°25′E. The state is located in the South-South geopolitical zone, and is bordered on the east by Cross River State, on the west by Rivers State and Abia State, and on the south by the Atlantic Ocean and the southernmost tip of Cross River State.

Thank you very much chief, Eastern Nigeria discription was rightly discarded because of its ambiguity.
It was used when Nigeria had few states and can easily be divided into three.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by iGod(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
Point of correction Akwa Ibom is not in East , Akwa Ibom is South South region. Stop calling Akwa ibomite Easterner

Sorry, but the op is right, South-south region is only found in Nigeria, does North-north region makes sense to you?

All these are political machinations.

Edited:
The picture I added shows the cardinal points of each region as approved all over the world.

Wsw=West of Southwest
Ssw=South of southwest
Sse=South of southeast
Ese=East of southeast
etc..

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by talk2maurice(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Just look at that Akwa-Ibom girl
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

If he had the vision to build a refinery he would have started the process and saved money but he focused on instant praise and glory.
Atleast I know that during Peter Obis Time there was an orient refinery but I don't know much about it now since Willie came on board.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Rrchrd(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Excuse me?
Akpabio built a building that was inaugurated 2yrs ago?
May I know the name of the building & the LG it located
I thought it's 3stars Sheraton hotel @ I.K
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

Bros am from akwaibom, but there is nothing like south south in four cardinal point in geographic illustration.
North west east or south.
Its either u have north east, north west, south east, or south west.
ignorance has render some people thoughtless,some don't even know that Akwaibom is more East than Anambra state and Imo state,the sun touches Akwaibom before it even gets to Abia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Storey Building Collapses In Badagry, Lagos, Rescue Operation Ongoing (Pics) / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.