Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic (37615 Views)

Oodua Republic: Yorubas Are Not Going Anywhere - South-South, South-East Declare / Agitate For Oodua Nation Within Ambit Of Law, YCE Cautions Igboho, Others / Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
SATANICALLY666:
No Plan For Sharia, Islamic Rights— Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic

According to some signatories of the petition, Muslims in the South-West are not reckoned with in the agitation for the Oodua Republic.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/01/no-plan-sharia-islamic-rights%E2%80%94-yoruba-muslims-sign-petition-against-oodua-republic
You mean a petition signed by Fulanis and Hausas

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Jagunlabiodua: 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
There shall be no Sharia in Yoruba Nation, we the Yoruba traditionalist will make sure Islam is eradicated from Oduduwa republic, the Muslim should be ready to fight for Mohammed because we are fighting for Oduduwa our ancestors, Islam will be banned and those who wish to practice the abominable religion will be flushed to illorin in the North. As for these muslims, they run when they see us traditionalist, you all shall practice that sharia in Saudi not in Yorubaland useless set of Terrorist marauding under religion of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
I hope that braindead version of Islam tht has been controlling the north for ages have not taken hold in Yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by timibare(m): 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nostring:
not only u look starved,u sound unwell as well.. I dey pity u now, I swearembarassed

don't pity me....pity ur people en urself, y'all know the truth is bitter
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by PoloG: 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
No pictures or screenshots.. and I don't believe rubbish from Sahara reporters
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by alfarouq(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
Now I understand what my Yoruba friend meant once when we discussed.

We were seated about 4 of us, then one of us A Northerner just mentioned it that if Nigeria should divide today that the Yorubas will be the greatest beneficiary.
One of the Yoruba amongst us just countered him that the Yoruba nation could either be the greatest winner as he proclaimed or could be the greatest loser depending on the sincerity of those that will emerge as the leaders or the decision makers.

I asked him if he cares to elaborate and he said "unlike the North which is predominantly Muslims and the South East and South South which are predominantly Christians, the Southwest has alm an even distribution of Muslim and Christians. And one (Christians) has been cheating the other (Muslims) and also tactically subjugating and undermining them for long. The Muslims have not really fought back because some of them had an alternative to use (use Northern) indeginisation to advance in life. They are able to use that to enter Universities in the North, join the military and the federal civil service while ignoring the domination from the Christians. If the nation is balkanized, they will no longer sit back and tolerate the undermining from the Christians.
I said but Yorubas have western education which they claim makes them the most refined of Nigerians, they can not fight one another.

His response shocked me. He said "forget about that baseless statement. Are Yorubas more refined than the Europeans who fought each other in world war 1 and 2? Ife and Modakeke are not only both Yorubas but are neighbours yet killed and maimed each other. There is a beast in every one. It only requires one person to unleash his and he will have multitudes that will join him.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Kdon2: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
SATANICALLY666:
No Plan For Sharia, Islamic Rights— Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic

According to some signatories of the petition, Muslims in the South-West are not reckoned with in the agitation for the Oodua Republic.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/01/no-plan-sharia-islamic-rights%E2%80%94-yoruba-muslims-sign-petition-against-oodua-republic

The first comment under the story already has 380 likes when the story itself has only 188 comments. That should speak volume.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Bionic07: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nostring:
you fall hand o..u wey look like starving goat dey call ppl dirty shocked..chai
[color=#006600][/color]

Wetin be this, excape from zoo?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Kdon2: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:
There shall be no Sharia in Yoruba Nation, we the Yoruba traditionalist will make sure Islam is eradicated from Oduduwa republic, the Muslim should be ready to fight for Mohammed because we are fighting for Oduduwa our ancestors, Islam will be banned and those who wish to practice the abominable religion will be flushed to illorin in the North. As for these muslims, they run when they see us traditionalist, you all shall practice that sharia in Saudi not in Yorubaland useless set of Terrorist marauding under religion of Islam.

If that is your plan then it ll never come to pass. You want to become a threat to others freedom. You must be joking.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by alfarouq(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
Koryc:
They can migrate to the north while the real Yorubas have their own country.

Is that the best you can come up with?
People accused the people agitating for Odua nation of sidelining than and this is the best you can come up with.
Truly, the Muslims in Yoruba land are in danger if this is how most Yorubas will respond to this allegation and need to seat up.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Kdon2: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2021
alfarouq:

We were seated about 4 of us, then one of us A Northerner just mentioned it that if Nigeria should divide today that the Yorubas will be the greatest beneficiary.
One of the Yoruba amongst us just countered him that the Yoruba nation could either be the greatest winner as he proclaimed or could be the greatest loser depending on the sincerity of those that will emerge as the leaders or the decision makers.

I asked him if he cares to elaborate and he said "unlike the North which is predominantly Muslims and the South East and South South which are predominantly Christians, the Southwest has alm an even distribution of Muslim and Christians. And one (Christians) has been cheating the other (Muslims) and also tactically subjugating and undermining them for long. The Muslims have not really fought back because some of them had an alternative to use (use Northern) indeginisation to advance in life. They are able to use that to enter Universities in the North, join the military and the federal civil service while ignoring the domination from the Christians. If the nation is balkanized, they will no longer sit back and tolerate the undermining from the Christians.
I said but Yorubas have western education which they claim makes them the most refined of Nigerians, they can not fight one another.

His response shocked me. He said "forget about that baseless statement. Are Yorubas more refined than the Europeans who fought each other in world war 1 and 2? Ife and Modakeke are not only both Yorubas but are neighbours yet killed and maimed each other. There is a beast in every one. It only requires one person to unleash his and he will have multitudes that will join him.

Baseless rhetorics

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
So truly Yorubas are also slaves in Nigeria... The most sophisticated!
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by alfarouq(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kdon2:

Baseless rhetorics
If you chose to think of it that way, be my guest, but it doesn't change the status of the event from truth to lie.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Ballack1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
The word "Yoruba-Muslim"is a racist word
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by PrinceGallant: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
Any link to that petition, I must register my disaffection with Oodua agitation. We don't need it.

Oodua kor, Dundu Alata ni. One Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nostring: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
timibare:
don't pity me....pity ur people en urself, y'all know the truth is bitter
goat . Goan sleep

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Empiree: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
They are brainwashing you with their so called Oduduwa nation without feasible plan.

Their agitation is built around anti-fulani. How does this solve Yorùbá problems.

Before you join their agitation you need to ask them serious questions.

There are several valid reasons not to support the so called Yorùbá nation.

Their major agitation evolves around anti-fulani propaganda. Yoruba are too family oriented. Are they ready to implement tough laws against Chiefs, elders, elites, kings etc that violate the law?. There are have been no traces of that since I was born. What I grew up seeing was we praised the elites. Are they ready to take extra steps against this age long practices?.

Second, their agitation builds around anti-fulani by 80%. They do not speak much about what they want to offer their people as a Yorùbá nation. Rather "fulani yan wa je lori ile baba wa"

Are they ready to take extra step to punish saboteurs and eliminate bribery and corruption?. They haven't talked about economy prospects, security and justice system etc.

So far attention is all about _"FULANI nyan wa je, that's why we must go our separate ways"_ . How does this solve challenges on ground?.

Yorùbá are too family oriented. This alone makes it difficult to pass some laws across the board. Are Yorùbá ready to implement law whereby the elites are also arrested and jailed for violations or crimes without bribing their way out?. Or they are still gonna hold on to age long "chief chief", a chief's crime is swept under the carpet while the poor is punished?.

Is a rich Yorùbá criminal ready to go to jail in Oduduwa nation if he commits crime?.

*"Sebi Yorùbá la jo nso lenu yi oga".* A phrase used to escape penalty.

These are some serious areas they must talk about but they snubbed so far. For as long as elites are still pampered in the society there will never be peace and justice.

Are fulani responsible for this in the south West and East?. An Igbo commissioner "fainted" during interrogation for embezzlement?. The case is dead already and the same people such as Dino Malaye, Fayose etc are gonna carry over to Oduduwa nation and Biafra nation. What difference does it make?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by uwalakathankgod(m): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
Doing what they know how to do well, hahahah
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by AbuAeesha: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Koryc:
They can migrate to the north while the real Yorubas have their own country.
they ain't going nowhere. deep inside you u know this.
so the secessionists are free to leave Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by vRendoh(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
"We are better together as a Nation, one Nigeria, one people"

Where the one nation or one people? These Guys must be fast asleep!
Wake up!
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by kolmart: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
Who know this yeye Yoruba Muslim? They are seeking for recognition when Oduduwa state emerges they can change their citizenship to Togo or cotonou who care
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
GentleRay:
No, the self determination is meant to govern animals and mannequin. They don't have interest in the percieved dream nation. I don't blame you, you've handed over you right sense and brain to your supreme leader. I liked him thou, his next to god to you. Nobody question his authority. The way he gives order from his haven, Hitler is learning.

Ode, afofun.

If you won't use the sense God gave to you then you need to have a chaperone anytime you logon to the internet.

Have you seen the Christians spitting about their rights in a nation we are still trying to get?

What's the first thing to do, crying about marginalization in a yet non existent country or getting that country first?

How are they marginalized?

Anyway sha, I don't blame you.

Iru kan kan naa, obe iwo. E sun e Kori si ibi kan naa.

At'omode, at'agbalagba yin, ko kuku si eyi to gbon ninu yin. Dobodi yesa.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
Sterope:
I don't need my heart when the facts have been glaring at me since I learnt my ABCs.

FYI, The main agitators are Christians. Christians who have an issue with Buhari because of Tinubu. People who have stolen money meant for the betterment of Ile Yoruba.

and a Christian man who is also a hoodlum.

Ok.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by blackmaine: 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

Invincible Yoruba Muslims grin
This writer no want good for people oo I don notice am , one day you shall be destroyed and the will of the people shall prevail...ill learned vagabond
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by KGD10: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
alfarouq:

Rubbish! I stopped reading at "they were able to use it to enter universities in the North bla bla bla". Which university in the south western admit students based on religion? It's your grade that matters! We champion the best Brain in the South Western regardless of anything. If you can't compete, get the fvck out or go for a course your grade is equivalent to. And stop writing bullshit.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by KGD10: 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
Empiree:
They are brainwashing you with their so called Oduduwa nation without feasible plan.

Their agitation is built around anti-fulani. How does this solve Yorùbá problems.

Before you join their agitation you need to ask them serious questions.

There are several valid reasons not to support the so called Yorùbá nation.

Their major agitation evolves around anti-fulani propaganda. Yoruba are too family oriented. Are they ready to implement tough laws against Chiefs, elders, elites, kings etc that violate the law?. There have been no traces of that since I was born. What I grew up seeing is we praise the elites. Are they ready to take extra steps against this age long practices?.

Second, their agitation builds around anti-fulani by 80%. They do not speak much about what they want to offer their people as a Yorùbá nation. Rather "fulani yan wa je lori ile baba wa"

They are ready to take extra step to punish saboteurs and eliminate bribery?. They haven't talked about economy prospects, security and justice system etc.

So far attention is all about _"FULANI nyan wa je, that's why we must go our separate ways"_ . How does this solve challenges on ground?.

Yorùbá are too family oriented. This alone makes it difficult to pass some laws across the board. Are Yorùbá ready to implement law whereby the elites are also arrested and jailed for violations or crimes without bribing their way out?. Or they are still gonna hold on to age long "chief chief", a chief crime is swept under the carpet while the poor is punished?.

Is a rich Yorùbá criminal man ready to go to jail in Oduduwa nation if he commits crime?.

*"Sebi Yorùbá la jo nso lenu yi oga".* A phrase used to escape penalty.

These are some serious areas they must talk about but they snubbed so far. For as long as elites are still pampered in a society there will never be peace and justice.

Are fulani responsible for this in the south West and East?. An Igbo commissioner "fainted" during interrogation for embezzlement?. The case is dead already and the same people such as Dino Malaye, Fayose etc are gonna carry over to Oduduwa nation and Biafra nation. What difference does it make?

Whatever it is, I know for a fact that Yorubaland will be better than a country that has Fulani man as the ruler. Simple as ABC.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by calcal: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
The Chief Imam of Yorubaland is one of the leading figures in the agitation for Yoruba Nation

He was there at the Akure mega rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxw_3BLJXlA

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by WorldRichest: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
CyynthiaKiss:
I think something is fundamentally wrong with the pysche of an average yorubamusliim..

My profile has said it all.. Yoruba Christians ronu

Yoruba Muslim kee you there.

I am a Muslim

I am a Yoruba boy

I am not Stupid like the Almajaris

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Fatalveli(m): 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:
This just confirms you’re Igbo. What I don’t understand is why you took it upon yourself to assume a Yoruba identity and get us as far away from Niger delta as possible so that Igbos can dominate and have a field day with Niger delta oil.

Hmm. I wonder what will happen if igbos and fulanis are neighbours or share border haha. It’ll be a disaster for sure

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Empiree: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
KGD10:

Whatever it is, I know for a fact that Yorubaland will be better than a country that has Fulani man as the ruler. Simple as ABC.
see what I'm saying?. Your post has no substance. What feasible plan do you have other than anti-fulani propaganda?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by Empiree: 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:
thank goodness you are exposing your agenda. Don't tell us later that your aren't targeting Islam in your so called Oduduwa nation
Re: Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic by KGD10: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Empiree:
see what I'm saying?. Your post has no substance. What feasible plan do you have other than anti-fulani propaganda?

That's the plan. We don't want half educated dumb illiterate ruling us.

Worse is wanting to grab our land and killing us while at it. The nerves!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ministers Caught Sleeping During Budget Presentation (Photos) / Peter Obi Walking On The Streets Of Lagos. Photos / Femi Olukayode Disowns Children From Yemisi, His Ex-Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.