Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job (21095 Views)

Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair / Just Lost My Job / Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by EgunMogaji2: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2021
motymop:

How many employers and employees will like to fund unemployment benefits after funding their pension and healthcare, the deductions will scare many away from it.

Many Nigerians don't believe in insurance talkless of unemployment insurance.

I like the idea you have but in the case of Nigeria, it should be the employee that should choose whether he or she wants an unemployment insurance or not. The employee should be able to walk to any insurance company and pick up an unemployment insurance after his or her salaries have been paid.

In progressive societies somethings are crucial and must be compulsory. Taxes and various insurances.

Part of that is unemployment insurance. It’s separate from 401K and pension.

I’m not worried about it perse. I’m just sharing what works in save societies.

This will save those of us from declining to give that urgent N2K.
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by mecussey(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2021
GIDIBANKZ:
This country is mess up. I lost my job around March 12th 2021 since then I have been searching for job everywhere no job. I attended an interviews up till now they haven't called me. I am so depress right now. No money to feed.

Go online, Nigeria is hopeless.

1 Like

Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by GIDIBANKZ(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
mecussey:

Go online, Nigeria is hopeless.

Alt
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by KingofHearts(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
A man needs a job but no job guarantee, this world is an A$$. Only GOD can help.

Let all good people help each other. Why don't we all contribute into one bank account when one person is out of work we help that person financially till they find work?

The government should provide unemployment benefit for situations like this, but since it does not exist we can help by doing it ourselves 

I am already trying to do something about this before but slowly (may be we are too slow), each time i visit this site i am forced to come back to read this your post. I sincerely have lost sleep knowing that i have more to give than i have already.

It is time to roll up sleeves and work harder. Send me a chat on +2348093701151,we should talk!
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
KingofHearts:

I am already trying to do something about this before but slowly (may be we are too slow), each time i visit this site i am forced to come back to read this your post. I sincerely have lost sleep knowing that i have more to give than i have already.

It is time to roll up sleeves and work harder.

Nice one bro. But the truth is that this is a very huge venture that only government or very big corporations can manage.

1 Like

Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by KingofHearts(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Everything is possible if you believe! As far as there is one tiny little believer willing to put in energy....it is possible.

Did you observe the support and love for one another during the Endsars protests?
That’s the blue print!. No tribe,No race,No party,No status..everyone worked, ate,drank and genuinely served each other...unity, love patriotism and care for one another was at it’s highest.

Collective prosperity is the only way.It either comes from the people or planned out by the government...forget the government for now!

When we can’t get help in times of troubles it is not just because our government have failed us or people don’t want to help but it is largely because we have failed ourselves by not supporting or creating the support structures for ourselves and the generations after.

The movement can start with you and I, click link below:

https://africa-or.org/social-lift-nigeria
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by KingofHearts(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2021
That corporation starts with humans who come together in agreement that “enough is enough” and we have to stop talking but get doing right away! These corporations and the government have become the same with interests only along political and business lines!

American people have done more for the country than the country has done for it’s people, each has done so much that you almost can’t tell who has done more!

Even when things get bad it’s richest people are the first to get up and make commitments for the benefit of all and others follow unlike here where the elite still steal from the little that’s available in tough times.

We will have to accept the blames when our kids trow it to our faces what did we do to fix it, we are blaming others today, tomorrow we will be the most docile set of generation in history!

Some of us have a second passport but still very much filled with the desire to have a better Nigeria because we know that besides the rubbish we see daily, Nigeria is sweeter than many countries of the world in many ways and a better country is a better option for you, me and generations to come!

Take a step of faith, walk with me, let me show you a little of what just my one-man -army self is doing then you will understand that we only need the numbers!
The strength of the wolf is in the pack!

ThePlainTruth:

Nice one bro. But the truth is that this is a very huge venture that only government or big very corporations can manage.
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by Gbengageorge: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thats good, but why nt get a system an d start learning a skill, it might add up at the end of the day.

KillaBeans:
I lost my job about six months ago and honestly, God has been faithful. I've been trying all my best to secure another job. Thank God for Crypto but my major problem is sitting down at home all day. It's really crazy and my landlady is beginning to look at me like I'm lazy or not serious
Re: What It Was Like To Tell My Kids I Lost My Job by KillaBeans(m): 12:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Thanks man, please kindly suggest one. I'm thinking of learning fashion designing though
Gbengageorge:
Thats good, but why nt get a system an d start learning a skill, it might add up at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KPMG Aptitude Test Invitation / CNSSL Recruits Call Centre Agents..it Closes Today 11:59pm / Bad And Wicked Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.