Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 (5175 Views)

Percentage Of Rich, Middle Class & Poor People In Nigeria Per Region—Statisense / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route / Voters' Registration Per Region And States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

So the post was doctored then.
Because the so called average Igbo family income in 1964 was given in naira.
It's obvious the original table never gave that info. It was doctored and inserted there by the Yoruba history revisionist, right?
Clearly you are illiterate and should stick to matters of trading and not scholarship
I do not have time to explain to you what citations and other ingredients of the scholastic method are.
It is beyond the capacity of your cerebral infrastructure

What is posted is obviously an excerpt from some study. The simple question is when it was published

1 Like

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Igboid: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Clearly you are illiterate and should stick to matters of trading and not scholarship
I do not have time to explain to you what citations and other ingredients of the scholastic method are.
It is beyond the capacity of your cerebral infrastructure

Don't be silly.
You made a thread claiming Igbos had inferior daily income than the rest of NIGERIA in 1964, and you left your figures in Naira.
A simple search shows that Naira only came into being in 1973, so how can a stats collated in 1964 have figures in Naira?

You are not bright at all.
If you are going to be fabricating things, try atleast to be good at it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

Don't be silly.
You made a thread claiming Igbos had inferior daily income than the rest of NIGERIA in 1964, and you left your figures in Naira.
A simple search shows that Naira only came into being in 1973, so how can a stats collated in 1964 have figures in Naira?

You are not bright at all.
If you are going to be fabricating things, try atleast to be good at it.
I did not make any thread. Clearly you have literacy challenges
The questions you ask have obvious answers to anyone who went to university and did not waste their time there

Spare us the amateur detective work

You are just exposing yourself as unschooled
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

So the post was doctored then.
Because the so called average Igbo family income in 1964 was given in naira.
It's obvious the original table never gave that info. It was doctored and inserted there by the Yoruba history revisionist, right?

Stop barking.....
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Igboid: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

I did not make any thread. Clearly you have literacy challenges
The questions you ask have obvious answers to anyone who went to university and did not waste their time there

Spare us the amateur detective work

You are just exposing yourself as unschooled

Lol!
Bursted Lagos-Ibadan express way propaganda propagator.

6 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
Bursted Lagos-Ibadan express way propaganda propagator.
What is funny?

I did not create this thread
It is "busted" not BURSTED

You have not unlocked any mystery so stop ridiculing yourself

The article is some kind of historical study that obviously was published AFTER 1972 . Anyone who went to school can deduce that. I have not expressed any opinion on the content
So there is no profound smartness in pointing out that Naira came about in 1973.So what?

Guy you are an illiterate

If the same study was done today . It would use naira or dollars. Does not mean we spend dollars.
In order for me to criticise the paper I have to see the whole thing
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:
Average income of all the population or average income of those that has savings in the banks!?!

Using Nigeria population as a case study what will the average income amount to!?

Then how does that justify 20 pounds paid to igbos that have huge savings > 20 pounds in the bank!?!

What does twenty pound payment have to do with savings in the bank>
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Igboid: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is funny?

The article is some kind of historical study that obviously was published AFTER 1972 . Anyone who went to school can deduce that. I have not expressed any opinion on the content
So there is no profound smartness in pointing out that Naira came about in 1973.So what?

If the same study was done today . It would use naira or dollars. Does not mean we spend dollars.

You are not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are you?

If you are citing a research done in a different era, do you change the figures? grin
We have all British colonial documents done in pounds, when citing their figures, do we try and convert the pounds to Naira?

Treachery is not your forte, or you have not yet graduated from the school as you are obviously amateur at it.

You can't be quoting a research done in 1964 and be quoting numbers in Naira.
It should be in pounds.

The table OP posted and the family income data he appended are not reconcilable as they speak of two different things all together.

Let OP who I'm convinced is your other moniker post the source of his info if he is sure there is no distortion going on .

You are not just an illiterate, you are mentally unstable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

You are not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are you?

If you are citing a research done in a different era, do you change the figures? grin
We have all British colonial documents done in pounds, when citing their figures, do we try and convert the pounds to Naira?

Treachery is not your forte, or you have not yet graduated from the school as you are obviously amateur at it.

You can't be quoting a research done in 1964 and be quoting numbers in Naira.
It should be in pounds.

The table OP posted and the family income data he appended are not reconcilable as they speak of two different things all together.

Let OP who I'm convinced is your other moniker post the source of his info if he is sure there is no distortion going on .

You are not just an illiterate, you are mentally unstable.

CITING

Do you know the meaning of the word

The places where the N appeared assuming that means Naira. Is NOT A CITATION

Guy please stop talking because you are making a fool of yourself

If there was a citation tell us who was being cited or MIS-Cited as you would have us believe

You are a typical example of the saying that it is better to be uneducated than half-educated

You don't know.
You don't know that you don't know
You think you know
You have no one to tell you

That figures are quoted in Naira do not injure the article in any way

Virtually any research about Nigeria done for American consumers is done in US dollars not Naira
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Igboid: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

CITING

Do you know the meaning of the word

The places where the N appeared assuming that means Naira. Is NOT A CITATION

Guy please stop talking because you are making a fool of yourself

If there was a citation tell us who was being cited or MIS-Cited as you would have us believe

You are a typical example of the saying that it is better to be uneducated than half-educated

You don't know.
You don't know that you don't know
You think you know
You have no one to tell you

That figures are quoted in Naira do not injure the article in any way

Virtually any research about Nigeria done for American consumers is done in US dollars not Naira

You are still not making any sense.
When you are done meandering you answer my question or you post a source to access the data posted there.

Your education is a waste. Look at your moniker. It's a hate message directed at a particular ethnic group that doesn't even know of your existence nor are they responsible for your misery in life.

5 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

You are still not making any sense.
When you are done meandering you answer my question or you post a source to access the data posted there.

Your education is a waste. Look at your moniker. It's a hate message directed at a particular ethnic group that doesn't even know of your existence not are they responsible for your misery in life.
It is difficult for uneducated trader to be coherent.
It is not for me to post a source . I do not have any opinion on the data.

There is plenty that an educated person can use to fault the article. Whether figures mention Naira is not one of those things.
That is an irrelevance
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Igboid: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

There is plenty that an educated person can use to fault the article. Whether figures mention Naira is not one of those things.
That is an irrelevance

Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:

" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education.

Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965

Choke on the above.

6 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Igboid:

Choke on the above.
Those close to you will choke first
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

That is an irrelevance

You're wasting your time replying a dunce.....the reality doesn't fit the falsehood told him by his father. I don't waste my time on such people.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by funkekemi(f): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

Try to process the data..... Stop embarrassing yourself
which data ? Concocted data from the stables of ewedu amala junk Ibadan expressway media

4 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by cocolacec(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

Your region had fewer banks but a higher population compared to the south west meaning that most igbos were too poor to have bank accounts.

The average yearly income of igbos before the civil war was less than £25.

The majority of your people exchanged their pounds for biafran currency at the unset of the war.

Biafra lost the war and your biafran pounds became worthless.

Meaning current value of igbos at the end of the war= 0

Awolowo pitied your forefathers and handed them £20(a year's income for majority igbo families) for losing a war. Where in history are people rewarded for loosing a war? Only in awolowo's Nigeria. I actually blame awo, left to most northerners you guys would have been left with your balls in your hands and not £20

They still keep the Biafran pounds grin in their waldlobe till today.Igbos must kiss the feet of Awolowo ,he was really an empathic man.God bless his soul.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
funkekemi:
which data ? Concocted data from the stables of ewedu amala junk Ibadan expressway media

You're known for your stupidity on this platform, so I won't engage you......the truth hurts your yeasters soo much that your brothers have been reporting me to the mods grin grin

1 Like

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
cocolacec:

They still keep the Biafran oounds in their waldlobe till today

Well its a good momentum to serve as a reminder of their failed state.....but it's largely useless even during the war when they still had their country....if it were useful many of them wouldn't have resorted to cannibalism they would have used it to buy something to eat.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
Looking at this table here, it's obvious that very little has changed.

The west is still the highest income generator in the south, excluding oil revenue of course and it seems the east is still the least performing region.

Maybe if the east is allowed to secede, just maybe, they can all go home and put their might together to build an enviable nation.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by funkekemi(f): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

You're known for your stupidity on this platform, so I won't engage you......the truth hurts your yeasters soo much that your brothers have been reporting me to the mods grin grin
I have no business with unclean spirits
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by IGBOSON1: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:
Know the #facts.
Know your #history.

Lalasticlala front page please.
This are quality educative historical data that needs to reach front page. Our generation needs more of this and less of Tonto dike tier news.

Just curious to know why you singled out Igbos! You saying Igbos were the only ethnic grp in the then Eastern Region, or what exactly!?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by IGBOSON1: 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

Well its a good momentum to serve as a reminder of their failed state.....but it's largely useless even during the war when they still had their country....if it were useful many of them wouldn't have resorted to cannibalism they would have used it to buy something to eat.

So which other anti-Igbo monikers do you have? You started a dick measuring thread out of your insane obsession with Igbos....doesn’t this bother you? Or was their any other reason?

Read this sick post of yours i’m quoting and ruminate on how paranoia, bile and envy has ruined your pathetic existence!
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is funny?

What an irony calling someone an illiterate so bodly grin

1 Like

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
What does twenty pound payment have to do with savings in the bank>

It's injustice and inhumane to pay someone who has a lot of savings in the bank a paltry some of 20 pounds and cease the rest.

Awolowo will never find peace even in his grave.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

It's injustice and inhumane to pay someone who has a lot of savings in the bank a paltry some of 20 pounds and cease the rest.

Awolowo will never find peace even in his grave.
You mean "seize" I presume.

Did that actually happen or is it hearsay. I have not seen any evidence anywhere that that ACTUALLY happened. It is a myth. Did Chinua Achebe or Ojukwu ever publicly say this happened to any of them. Have you ever seen a single bank passbook as evidence. It is difficult to imagine that with a group as enlightened as NdiIgbo are that NO ONE has ever published any passbook e.g on Nairaland or elsewhere to say
"Eh hen this is my grandfather's passbook with Barclays or First bank and the money that was seized??
Haba Not even one!!!
That is unfathomable

I know my words are meant to disarm .don't even try to put a front on it. It is what it is.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Ereolamide: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
Are the arguments based on the figures or symbols in the first picture?

The symbol before the figures £N might mean Nigerian Pounds

Why is no one talking about the facts presented in the second pic
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
You mean "seize" I presume.

Did that actually happen or is it hearsay. I have not seen any evidence anywhere that that ACTUALLY happened. It is a myth. Did Chinua Achebe or Ojukwu ever publicly say this happened to any of them. Have you ever seen a single bank passbook as evidence. It is difficult to imagine that with a group as enlightened as NdiIgbo are that NO ONE has ever published any passbook e.g on Nairaland or elsewhere to say
"Eh hen this is my grandfather's passbook with Barclays or First bank and the money that was seized??
Haba Not even one!!!
That is unfathomable

I know my words are meant to disarm .don't even try to put a front on it. It is what it is.

Similar words I presume so what's the fuss about!?! Or should we now be debating another man's language like you're best with its vocabs!?!

As for what you wrote up there, Nigeria doesn't end on nairaland and possibly you can get the info you want if you can use a simple google search. No way you can't grin
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by obaaderemi: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:
Average income of all the population or average income of those that has savings in the banks!?!

Using Nigeria population as a case study what will the average income amount to!?

Then how does that justify 20 pounds paid to igbos that have huge savings > 20 pounds in the bank!?!

What about those who had lower than 20 pounds in the bank? How many ibos were banked as at 1970?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by obaaderemi: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
FrLukas:
Looking at this table here, it's obvious that very little has changed.

The west is still the highest income generator in the south, excluding oil revenue of course and it seems the east is still the least performing region.

Maybe if the east is allowed to secede, just maybe, they can all go home and put their might together to build an enviable nation.

One thing I detest about the ibos is their carelessly about their land. They've got most of their investment and families outside iboland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Has No Candidate In Elections / Bello Matawalle: FG Has Enrolled 110,000 Military Veterans Into NHIS / Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.