Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,191 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 (5183 Views)

Percentage Of Rich, Middle Class & Poor People In Nigeria Per Region—Statisense / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route / Voters' Registration Per Region And States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

The link is someone's opinion and it's contrary to what you're saying lol.

But what the op of that link doesn't know, is that the figure there wasn't paid by fg, but was from the stolen funds from millions of biafrans that has their savings with the bank.

Yet he dare say they're feeling entitled. What a misfit.
Pa awolowo is a petty thief and an infamous yahoo man and anybody siding him is barbaric.
Have you seen any bank passbook whose owner was denied his money?
Did not happen
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JimiJunji: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

It's called inflation dummy......the $1 of today isn't worth what it was 30years ago.....but your dumbass probably failed basic economics in class thus your inability to gasp the simple concept...... igbos are alot of things but they aren't dumbasses, yours is one of a kind....sure you aren't an 0su?

Been following this thread, I don't support tribalism but the data and explanations are quite factual, the people trying to deviate the thread are just triggered at the facts. Replying them is simply a waste of time. Although you can still be civil in the manner in which you share and talk about such information. Thanks for the education tho.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
That is exactly what we are asking you HOW were these funds stolen exactly?

Did the Government pass a law or get a court order or did they just send in a bullion van

Was this not reported in any newspaper in the world?

Very basic and simple questions

DO you have any clue to those TWO QUESTIONS

Are you telling us that

NOT ONE SINGLE IGBO MAN TODAY HAS A SURVIVING BANK BOOK

See my question!??!

If it didn't occur, why then was the 20 pounds paid or was that done to mock the fg.

And again did Nigeria pass a law to do that, where was it reported!?! Some dumbo under scam going on and I believe awolowo acted alone.

On your last question, of what use is it. Is it something to cherish or the hold on to. Igbos has moved on long ago.

You all are only marvelled of how igbos have come after surviving the war and loosing everything and you need answers so badly... Lol.

Threads like this will keep on coming up and I get it. Is like a mystery puzzle grin
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JimiJunji: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
Data and information shouldn't be used as a tool for demonising a tribe or trying to water down their sufferings, neither should it get you triggered. It's simply a means to clearify inconsistencies and help with improvement.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Have you seen any bank passbook whose owner was denied his money?
Did not happen

Why was the 20 pounds paid then?!!

Lol Enemies of Igbos getting more confused as the day goes by
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
JimiJunji:

Been following this thread, I don't support tribalism but the data and explanations are quite factual, the people trying to deviate the thread are just triggered at the facts. Replying them is simply a waste of time. Although you can still be civil in the manner in which you share and talk about such information. Thanks for the education tho.

Obviously they got triggered and that was the point honestly, but sometimes it's good to give it back to idiots and you really can't be civil with most of these apes, throw them facts and they'd guilt trip you or shout you down.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Why was the 20 pounds paid then?!!

Lol Enemies of Igbos getting more confused as the day goes by
Kindness of heart as a goodwill gesture. What would have happened if Biafra succeeded

Those questions are going nowhere

PRODUCE A SINGLE PASSBOOK whose owner was denied their money from a bank

Study this thread and educate yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/4147830/biafra-twenty-pound-lie-busted
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

See my question!??!

If it didn't occur, why then was the 20 pounds paid or was that done to mock the fg.

And again did Nigeria pass a law to do that, where was it reported!?! Some dumbo under scam going on and I believe awolowo acted alone.

On your last question, of what use is it. Is it something to cherish or the hold on to. Igbos has moved on long ago.

You all are only marvelled of how igbos have come after surviving the war and loosing everything and you need answers so badly... Lol.

Threads like this will keep on coming up and I get it. Is like a mystery puzzle grin

Produce a newspaper article that described what you say
Produce a single passbook whose owner was denied their money

Are you saying NOT A SINGLE PASSBOOK survives to this day

In other words there is no documentary evidence ANYWHERE that this happened?

That is unbelievable
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

See my question!??!

But you cherish and hold on to the hatred that that story evokes but have no interest in its veracity?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Kindness of heart as a goodwill gesture. What would have happened if Biafra succeeded

Those questions are going nowhere

PRODUCE A SINGLE PASSBOOK whose owner was denied their money from a bank

Study this thread and educate yourself

Goodwill gesture with 20 pounds lol man does that really make sense to you?

See as you dey boast with the thread, lol
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
JimiJunji:
Data and information shouldn't be used as a tool for demonising a tribe or trying to water down their sufferings, neither should it get you triggered. It's simply a means to clearify inconsistencies and help with improvement.

Truth, but even if my motive was to trigger it still debunks the passed down lies told them by their hateful parents and it's in no way trying to water down their sufferings but they decided to go into war and knew the risks and if they won they wouldn't be calling it a genocide but a victory. They're simply bitter loosers, reason why they claimed to have moved on but keeps bitching about the past and on this thread.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

But you cherish and hold on to the hatred that that story evokes but have no interest in its veracity?

That's your business. You're the one that need the veracity. Yet you can't say for a fact what the 20 pounds what's for!?!

Again I no hatred, infact am happy aw far Igbos has come and we have almost recovered and surely we will get there some day.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Goodwill gesture with 20 pounds lol man does that really make sense to you?

See as you dey boast with the thread, lol

Twenty pounds was a lot of money in those days especially for a country that had just fought a war.
Bear in Mind there was no oil money in those days. Nigeria was not yet a major producer and oil price was low
It came from Cocoa and groundnut money grin. The hard sweat of your brothers

The point is Nobody's savings were seized.

Think ?
No newspaper article? Not one
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

That's your business. You're the one that need the veracity. Yet you can't say for a fact what the 20 pounds what's for!?!

Again I no hatred, infact am happy aw far Igbos has come and we have almost recovered and surely we will get there some day.

There are many articles contemporaneous to the time that say what the twenty pounds was for

Read and learn
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Produce a newspaper article that described what you say
Produce a single passbook whose owner was denied their money

Are you saying NOT A SINGLE PASSBOOK survives to this day

In other words there is no documentary evidence ANYWHERE that this happened?

That is unbelievable

Chai see disturbance of mind.

Quite a mystery how Igbos survived with 20 pounds that you claim was a free giveaway cheesy
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
There are many articles contemporaneous to the time that say what the twenty pounds was for

Read and learn

Many articles with one stupid link to nairaland where igbophobic discussions held sway!?!
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Chai see disturbance of mind.

Quite a mystery how Igbos survived with 20 pounds that you claim was a free giveaway cheesy
Others have survived with NOTHING

It is not only the Ibos that survived the civil war

That was probably the first time in history that war losers were given generous cash gifts by their conquerors
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Many articles with one stupid link to nairaland where igbophobic discussions held sway!?!
no articles are on that thread

and elsewhere

It was a gift
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Twenty pounds was a lot of money in those days especially for a country that had just fought a war.
Bear in Mind there was no oil money in those days. Nigeria was not yet a major producer and oil price was low
It came from Cocoa and groundnut money grin. The hard sweat of your brothers

The point is Nobody's savings were seized.

Think ?
No newspaper article? Not one

Lol your demi god stole money from well richer eastern region population that proud themselves in oil, palm oil, and other crash crops then you gave them paltry sum of 20 pounds, from where they made so much from the insult and now you're puzzled and questioning it like as if is magic. I get it.

Continue wailing in the mystery.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

The point is there was never a time that Ibos turned up at Banks in Nigeria with their documents and were denied their money

Did not happen

Even today how can that be done in practice?

You have an expert on Ibo names or an App? It is a ridiculous claim
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JimiJunji: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

Truth, but even if my motive was to trigger it still debunks the passed down lies told them by their hateful parents and it's in no way trying to water down their sufferings but they decided to go into war and knew the risks and if they won they wouldn't be calling it a genocide but a victory. They're simply bitter loosers, reason why they claimed to have moved on but keeps bitching about the past and on this thread.

I just think you need to cut these people some slack, just like African Americans in America experienced slavery and it's psychological effects are still felt by slave descendants so is it with igbos, the psychological effects of losing a war isn't easy, it takes time and healing.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
no articles are on that thread

and elsewhere

It was a gift

Just hear your self, a paltry some of 20 pounds was a gift for what exactly....

I see it as a mock gift, just to frustrate easterners bouncing back while seizing their savings.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Lol your demi god stole money from well richer eastern region population that proud themselves in oil, palm oil, and other crash crops then you gave them paltry sum of 20 pounds, from where they made so much from the insult and now you're puzzled and questioning it like as if is magic. I get it.

Continue wailing in the mystery.
Actually Yes another Demi God Ojukwu was the cause of the misery

When Ibos left Nigeria they exchanged their Nigerian Pounds for Ojukwu's Biafra Pounds

Ojukwu used their money to buy arms

At the end of the war Ibos turned up with their worthless Biafran pounds destitute looking to change them for Nigerian pound

The Nigerian government as a gesture of goodwill decided to exchange Biafran Pounds for Twenty pounds.

Each individual was given Twenty pounds no matter how much Biafran pounds he has.

Many felt bitter but who is to blame

That is what happened . It had nothing to do with Banks accounts
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Just hear your self, a paltry some of 20 pounds was a gift for what exactly....

I see it as a mock gift, just to frustrate easterners bouncing back while seizing their savings.
Do you have evidence that savings were seized?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

The point is there was never a time that Ibos turned up at Banks in Nigeria with their documents and were denied their money

Did not happen

Even today how can that be done in practice?

You have an expert on Ibo names or an App? It is a ridiculous claim

Lol that we came this far doing just fine doesn't mean we don't know, when it was happening you knew even our investment in rivers was forcibly taken over, small time you will come and tell us how Igbos didn't show up with documents to claim their properties in rivers too.

For all I know awolowo made that a policy, documents couldn't have helped. He robbed and scammed us then mocked us with 20 pounds. Buh we good now at least I can feed like 10 of your brothers comfortably through out their lives
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
JimiJunji:

I just think you need to cut these people some slack, just like African Americans in America experienced slavery and it's psychological effects are still felt by slave descendants so is it with igbos, the psychological effects of losing a war isn't easy, it takes time and healing.

Well bullshittin themselves and others won't help matters or anyone.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Actually Yes another Demi God Ojukwu was the cause of the misery

When Ibos left Nigeria they exchanged their Nigerian Pounds for Ojukwu's Biafra Pounds

Ojukwu used their money to buy arms

At the end of the war Ibos turned up with their worthless Biafran pounds destitute looking to change them for Nigerian pound

The Nigerian government as a gesture of goodwill decided to exchange Biafran Pounds for Twenty pounds.

Each individual was given Twenty pounds no matter how much Biafran pounds he has.

Many felt bitter but who is to blame

That is what happened . It had nothing to do with Banks accounts
Saying from two sides of the mouth.

Dear are we complaining!?!
If that's what happened what again are you asking me for!!?

All I can tell you is that Igbos lost a lot of their savings by a scammer named awolowo who wanted to decimate the Igbos, but against all odds they rose beyond afonja comprehension cheesy
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Do you have evidence that savings were seized?
Why was 20 pounds paid then!?!

I know you know the answers yet u keep asking but not to worry, I will make you to answer your self
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Saying from two sides of the mouth.

Dear are we complaining!?!
If that's what happened what again are you asking me for!!?

All I can tell you is that Igbos lost a lot of their savings by a scammer named awolowo who wanted to decimate the Igbos, but against all odds they rose beyond afonja comprehension cheesy
If you are not complaining why are we discussing it?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Why was 20 pounds paid then!?!

I know you know the answers yet u keep asking but not to worry, I will make you to answer your self

This was a gift.

The story of bank savings IS A LIE
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
If you are not complaining why are we discussing it?

Ask the op who created the thread and you coming for my mentions
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Ask the op who created the thread and you coming for my mentions
Complaining and whining

is what brought it up

Nobody's savings were touched did not happen

Ei imcumbio probatio qui dicit non qui negat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / This Is The Most Influential Africa Language To Be Adopted By All Africans / Why Peter Obi Lawyers Are Very Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.