Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 (5174 Views)

Percentage Of Rich, Middle Class & Poor People In Nigeria Per Region—Statisense / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route / Voters' Registration Per Region And States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

At the end of the war Ibos turned up with their worthless Biafran pounds destitute looking to change them for Nigerian pound

The Nigerian government as a gesture of goodwill decided to exchange Biafran Pounds for Twenty pounds.

Each individual was given Twenty pounds no matter how much Biafran pounds he has.

So even if they exchanged it for naira, and we knowing how much was biafrans pounds then, you dare come there to praise the thief for mocking Igbos with a paltry sum of 20 pounds!?!

Well anyway here we are today.... Living and competing in the world.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Complaining and whining

is what brought it up

Nobody's savings were touched did not happen

Ei imcumbio probation qui dicit non qui negat

Lol who complained!?! Everybody was pointing out the atrocities of one scammer. The first yahoo boy Nigeria birthed.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by kayfra: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Facts are stubborn grin

I have repented from tribalism
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Lol that we came this far doing just fine doesn't mean we don't know, when it was happening you knew even our investment in rivers was forcibly taken over, small time you will come and tell us how Igbos didn't show up with documents to claim their properties in rivers too.

For all I know awolowo made that a policy, documents couldn't have helped. He robbed and scammed us then mocked us with 20 pounds. Buh we good now at least I can feed like 10 of your brothers comfortably through out their lives
The Rivers issue is unfortunate but separate. What you people never admit is that this DID NOT happen in Lagos.
In that respect you are very similar to the Fulani you see courteous behaviour as weakness
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

So even if they exchanged it for naira, and we knowing how much was biafrans pounds then, you dare come there to praise the thief for mocking Igbos with a paltry sum of 20 pounds!?!

Well anyway here we are today.... Living and competing in the world.
How much was Biafran pounds?
What did the government do with it?
They were burnt!!
That is what they were worth

Paltry? Your opinion not mine

Mocking? I don't see that
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
The Rivers issue is unfortunate but separate. What you people never admit is that this DID NOT happen in Lagos.
In that respect you are very similar to the Fulani you see courteous behaviour as weakness
I admit it did not, and it couldn't have happened owing to the fact that lagos was the capital. And was developed with nigerian taxes
Courteous behavior or daylight fraud!?!
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
How much was Biafran pounds?
What did the government do with it?
They were burnt!!
That is what they were worth

Paltry? Your opinion not mine

Mocking? I don't see that

Even if it wasn't recognized my major country it had strong intrinsic and extrinsic value that even when bank of biafra ceased to exist it exchange for 0.125 for 1 pound.

20 pounds was a paltry and a mocking sum whether you see it at that or not it doesn't matter, what matters is how the world and human with good conscience see it. Which you obviously lack one.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2021
The retard above just stated that the currency of a country that has ceased to exist is still valuable...... don't need to wonder why Nnamdi Kanu's scam was soo effective.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Even if it wasn't recognized my major country it had strong intrinsic and extrinsic value that even when bank of biafra ceased to exist it exchange for 0.125 for 1 pound.

20 pounds was a paltry and a mocking sum whether you see it at that or not it doesn't matter, what matters is how the world and human with good conscience see it. Which you obviously lack one.
Where do you get your statistics from? IPOB?
If they were really worth that much why did they accept the twenty pounds?

It was not mocking or paltry at the time and till date it is the highest recorded such payment by a conqueror

The Nigerian pound in 1970 was at parity with the British Pound = 1:1

According to the Bank of England
Twenty pounds in 1970 = 316 pounds sterling today. That is neither paltry nor mocking in my view and is a huge burden for any country to carry at such a time
It was noble
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

I admit it did not, and it couldn't have happened owing to the fact that lagos was the capital. And was developed with nigerian taxes

Did it happen in Ibadan?

You needed to get that irrelevant point of nigerian taxes off your chest

You really cannot think in a straight line

Anyway that too is false

Lagos was NOT developed with Nigerian money. It has always been a NET contributor and always paid its way
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

Your major problem is the walls you built with your mind. They are now a prison for you of your own making
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by fregeneh(m): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:
Know the #facts.
Know your #history.

Lalasticlala front page please.
This are quality educative historical data that needs to reach front page. Our generation needs more of this and less of Tonto dike tier news.

Good job bro

1 Like

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by IGBOSON1: 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

You've brought nothing tangible to this discussion. Fvck off.

Dude, this was the post you made: "Cry me a river and use it to flush your shit". I suppose in your demented mind this is 'bringing something tangible to the discussion'?

Your entire pointless thread was shit to begin with, but your daft post just made it shitier!
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2021
fregeneh:

Good job bro

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
it happened in the North, Rivers state, and the SW even the Midwest wasn't spared.
Those who recovered their properties in lagos were those with full documentation not everyone got his property back in lagos
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Where do you get your statistics from? IPOB?
If they were really worth that much why did they accept the twenty pounds?

It was not mocking or paltry at the time and till date it is the highest recorded such payment by a conqueror

The Nigerian pound in 1970 was at parity with the British Pound = 1:1

According to the Bank of England
Twenty pounds in 1970 = 316 pounds sterling today. That is neither paltry nor mocking in my view and is a huge burden for any country to carry at such a time
It was noble

Are you scared of IPOB... Is like you guys are really tormented.

Well is there in wikipedia about the biafra pounds.

Conqueror where was it written there where conqueror. Biafra wasn't conquered after all so you're wrong.

20 pounds remains a paltry sum and a mock giveaway. Buh that's past those that collected it and those that didn't are doing better now... Lol

So what's the fuss about
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Did it happen in Ibadan?

You needed to get that irrelevant point of nigerian taxes off your chest

You really cannot think in a straight line

Anyway that too is false

Lagos was NOT developed with Nigerian money. It has always been a NET contributor and always paid its way
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Ibadan!?! What the fk is that. Ok the brown roofs. Sorry Igbos don't dwell in brown roofs republic. Not have such as a property...
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Your major problem is the walls you built with your mind. They are now a prison for you of your own making

You know nothing about me man or you wanna also argue that cheesy
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:
Know the #facts.
Know your #history.

Lalasticlala front page please.
This are quality educative historical data that needs to reach front page. Our generation needs more of this and less of Tonto dike tier news.

This op is a typical smart by half Yoruba dolt. Can you imagine the daylight fraud and my brothers didn't notice. Chai.

Onye Yoruba, that article you posted was it talking about the deposit made in the bank? You cropped an article based on the research carried out on the income of a remote village in eastern heartland in other to determine how much the rural farmers fared with subsistence agriculture as at 1964.

Then you cropped another different article about the number of bank branches in Nigeria as of 1960 and then went on to collect hailing from your herd mentality brothers who can't make up their own minds.

I just feel like slapping sense into you this night Eziokwu!

cc Igboid

2 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

This op is a typical smart by half Yoruba dolt. Can you imagine the daylight fraud and my brothers didn't notice. Chai.

Onye Yoruba, that article you posted was it talking about the deposit made in the bank? You cropped an article based on the research carried out on the income of a remote village in eastern heartland in other to determine how much the rural farmers fared with subsistence agriculture as at 1964.

Then you cropped another different article about the number of bank branches in Nigeria as of 1960 and then went on to collect hailing from your herd mentality brothers who can't make up their own minds.

I just feel like slapping sense into you this night Eziokwu!

Can you stop embarrassing yourself and post the full article you claim I cropped out or shut your trap.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by omonnakoda: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

You know nothing about me man or you wanna also argue that cheesy
You are in a self constructed prison of hatred
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by EasternActivist: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
You are in a self constructed prison of hatred

Don't mirror yourself on me, I ain't you.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

Can you stop embarrassing yourself and post the full article you claim I cropped out or shut your trap.

You are a complete bush man. The first sentence of the article you cropped would have given you an idea of what the text was all about. But no, you ran along like a mad man to expose the kind of fake education you lots received in the Southwest.

Now answer me, is the article or page you cropped talking about the average deposit made to the bank by all Igbos in Nigeria as at 1964. Or is it talking about the average income of subsistent farmers in a specific rural/ remote village in eastern heartland.

Does this your hate induced, poorly articulated garbage you just fed your fellow nincompoons from the wasteland also cover the average salaries and income earned by Federal civil servants which we all know was dominated by the Igbos pre civil war.

Does your wishful imagination of a poor Eastern region also include the likes of Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu and other successful Igbo business men plying their trades all over Nigeria as at 1964?

How stupid can you guys really get bikonu.

Igboid

4 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

You are a complete bush man. The first sentence of the article you cropped would have given you an idea of what the text was all about. But no, you ran along like a mad man to expose the kind of fake education you lots received in the Southwest.

Now answer me, is the article or page you cropped talking about the average deposit made to the bank by all Igbos in Nigeria as at 1964. Or is it talking about the average income of subsistent farmers in a rural/ remote village in eastern heartland.

Does this your hate induced, poorly articulated garbage you just fed your fellow nincompoons from the wasteland also cover the average salaries and income earned by Federal civil servants which we all know was dominated by the Igbos pre civil war.

Does your wishful imagination of a poor Eastern region also include the likes of Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu and other successful Igbo business men plying their trades all over Nigeria as at 1964?

How stupid can you guys really get bikonu.

Igboid

You're reposting the same article I posted.
Can you kindly post the full article you claimed I cropped out, or are you just trying to show your stupidity like the rest of your brothers have. Post the full article you claimed I cropped out or shut the hell up.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sammy07:

Bros calm down.
We all know that whatever that doesn't tally with Ipob Bureau of Statistics is fake.

Relax.

See them. Herd mentality fellows.

A retard presented an article about a research carried out in a remote village on their average income from subsistence agriculture. And went ahead to infer that it meant the average deposit made to banks by Igbos as at 1964. And you swallowed it hook, line and sinker without asking common questions.

Can't you read to comprehend. Now he as made all of you to look like bunch of dunces. Wow!! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

You're reposting the same article I posted.
Can you kindly post the full article you claimed I cropped out, or are you just trying to show your stupidity like the rest of your brothers have. Post the full article you claimed I cropped out or shut the hell up.

You are beyond stupid anu! Who do you think you are playing that dumb game with. You got caught pants down with everything dangling in the open and you couldn't run in to cover your embarrassment.

I don't need to post any damned article. I just hanged you with the one you cropped. Half educated dimwit trying to feel among. Guy don't provoke me abeg. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
BiafIntel:
FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!!
FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!! FAKE!!!

You captured it all nwanne. No shame from that wastelands.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

You are beyond stupid anu! Who do you think you are playing that dumb game with. You got caught pants down with everything dangling in the open and you couldn't run in to cover your embarrassment.

I don't need to post any damned article. I just hanged you with the one you cropped. Half educated dimwit trying to feel among. Guy don't provoke me abeg. Nonsense!

You don't need to post anything because you're a dimwitted dunce like your father who goes around making accusations and claims backed up with nothing....i posted facts and figures, you replied with insults and your display of stupid.....same as all your dimwitted brothers have done. But you're only displaying your stupidity and giving this thread more views.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
LegendHero:
I was telling a guy that the bank branches we have in Nigeria as at 1960-1966 is too small for all those shouting they have 20pounds in the bank but he thought I was saying nonsense.

Upon that, Ojuku looted all those savings in the Eastern central banks while the people moving from the other part of Nigeria gave him their monies to convert to Biafra pounds.

I will not forgive Awo for initiating the 20pound scheme. What is his problem self, shey na him be commander in chief ni. Even with what he did, the descendant of Ojuku still hated him in death.

Even this onuku joined the chorus. If your fathers were too poor to have more than £1000 in their respective bank account how is it the concern of the average hardworking Igbo.

You are arguing whether a people who had properties all over Nigeria as at 1966, could have more than £20 in their respective accounts. How much do you think a two storey building cost in a place like Portharcourt? Do you know the number of houses Igbos lost in Portharcourt alone?

Even your dumb brother showed us a table that detailed how many bank branches that was in eastern Nigeria as at 1960. Since we all agreed that the banks were situated in Eastern Nigeria, which population does the bank serve? Who made deposits into the banks, Yorubas? Or are you telling me that Yorubas are the ones occupying eastern Nigeria.

Sometimes , to educate blockheads dey tire me honestly.
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:

You don't need to post anything because you're a dimwitted dunce like your father who goes around making accusations and claims backed up with nothing....i posted facts and figures, you replied with insults and your display of stupid.....same as all your dimwitted brothers have done. But you're only displaying your stupidity and giving this thread more views.

You posted a verdict on your poor educational background, dunce. What you posted has no correlation with your title or the claims you made afterwards. Therefore it is null and void.

Someone who can't differentiate between a report on average income of subsistent farmers in a remote hinterland and bank deposits of the average Easterners living in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Owerri, Lagos, Kano, etc do not deserve any enlightenment.

For now you are discussing subsistent agriculture, when you are ready to discuss actual bank deposits, tag me if you chop liver and we shall roll. Now gerraout! !
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by gwafaeziokwu: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
JimiJunji:

Been following this thread, I don't support tribalism but the data and explanations are quite factual, the people trying to deviate the thread are just triggered at the facts. Replying them is simply a waste of time. Although you can still be civil in the manner in which you share and talk about such information. Thanks for the education tho.

Another dunce. Who educated these guys or is what I have heard about oluwole certificates so true?

Someone presented a cropped part of a research on how much a remote village earn from subsistent farming and mischievously attached a cropped image of bank branches distribution as at 1960 and you guys hurriedly queue up lapping up dung presented as information. You even thanked him for educating you. grin

Is it really this bad in the waste?
Re: Average Yearly Income Of Igbos And Bank Branch Distribution Per Region In 1964 by JohnSin97: 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

Even your dumb brother showed us a table that detailed how many bank branches that was in eastern Nigeria as at 1960. Since we all agreed that the banks were situated in Eastern Nigeria, which population does the bank serve? Who made deposits into the banks, Yorubas? Or are you telling me that Yorubas are the ones occupying eastern Nigeria.

grin grin calm down read the read the table....if you have eyes and aren't rettarded you'd see that the south east had the lowest number of banks in Nigeria so what on Earth are you even saying, it's a simple table to read......now you're just being stupid, and it's hilarious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari And Osibanjo, Igbo Attire Vs Ijaw Attire / Okonjo-iweala adds EFCC to Portfolio - Plans To Pursue 3 Big Corruption Cases / Ambassador JT Kolo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.