Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? (30350 Views)

Gaius Chibueze: Bitcoin Billionaire Offer To Buy Nairaland For 150m-pics / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
Depressed101:
All I want to say is that, I always add nairaland at the back of every question I ask Google in order to get a precise answer...

And also I think nairaland should create an AMA section..

we gather dey

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by JIBO4REAL(m): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
If I can still remember I joined Nairaland around 2009 when I was Still in SSS 2 then, students and teachers know me to be an IT guru not knowing I got most of the information from Nairaland before I re-registered back in 2013.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by jaxxy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
I was searching for a car sale in Nigeria in 2009 after wondering through many regular foreign sites for months and it brought me here.

Nairaland cured my notorious addiction to linda Ikeji blogs tongue

I had 24 hours internet in the office So It was part of my down time indulgence. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by SanctifiedSista(f): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Smithkline200:
Knew about this site in 2007 in my 200L in the University by a defunct blog then.

Then i introduced my elder brother to it.

I'm very active in the Auto Section cos I'm a Car Guru.

What's the best model car you can recommend for a woman that lives in Lagos with a 5 milion naira budget?
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by onojaford(m): 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
In late 2011, I read a joke in the Daily Independent newspaper and at the end of that joke they included the source from which it was curled. In deed, it was nairaland.com

I had to check out, then I joined immediately; only to have my account deleted in 2017 on seeing that a user with the moniker: "colik" had also deleted hers. But that was because I was actually nurturing the same thoughts. I rejoined in the same year(after 3 months) and by some kind of chance, I discovered that the same girl also rejoined as "Atlantia, even before I did, but in the same month.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nasrr55nasrr: 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hg
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by fridayakpos: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
I discovered naira land trough freebasic 2016,and I was a guest for 4years, I fell in love with it cus the way people reason here is different from Twitter,
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by flokii: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
I knew this site was in existence as far back as 07/08 or thereabout.. how I got to know, I can't remember but I had been reading post and comments as guest for several years before I finally registered.

Things don sup wella for this site.. plenty plenty dramas.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Johncuppa(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
psychologist:
I first heard about nairaland many years ago when I was having a discuss with friends about young entrepreneurs and one of them mentioned suen osewa and how he is a drop out and yet created Nigeria's no 1 forum

What really made me registered was because of one brother in church, I usually sit close to him in church, each and everytime when the pastor is teaching or the choir are ministrying, man is always on nairaland page (rccg P.O.R) I still don't known your name or have we spoken before, but if u see this post mention me grin
So Seun dropped from School and then from Church.
Google brought me here
Just discovered any Google search about Nigeria and Nigerians redirected me to nairaland.

Well-done Seun.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by juwoonn(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
Since 2005.
I was an undergraduate at the University of Ilorin and I went to the cyber cafe to find materials for an assignment. Two girls were using the PC next to me and they were laughing and basking in the euphoria of the comments they were reading.

I couldn’t help but to peep at the URL.. and I saw nairaland.com/blablabla
Fiam, I opened a new tab and opened nairaland... I became a ghost reader on the platform and had to buy extra minutes that day. Years latter, I created an account and I’m still on here today. Nairaland don help my destiny small sha... I’ve meet destiny changing people on here... including boss man Otunba Akin Alabi

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Niwdog(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
During my secondary school
I was addicted to waptrick.com
For music,bf and sex stories
So I got tired of reading sex stories I wanted something else so I searched for Nigeria stories on Google and I was directed to nairaland I was a guest for 0ne year plus before I registered
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by MasonKendall(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
bigcee:

You still dey flex the cheat till now. Give me cheat na grin
the days of cheat are over. I enjoy *141*13*100# for more than 10 SIM cards cheesy
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by LINTUNE(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Naybahood:
Omo na literature carry come this site oo. Those days when I reading a story by Flow1759, Zubby and the likes of them.
same here bro..chai..good old days....
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by LINTUNE(m): 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
Martdc:
The story "The preachers son" by Rock555 brought me here
no be lie..that year..chai...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by NzeSteve(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
Through Opera mini in 2016 and I spend most of my time in literature

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by AvalonSpace(m): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
I was searching for something on Google and it referred me to Nairaland.. That was how i became a regular visitor and now a registered member.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by sapientia(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
BrownSugar8:

Stop sharing virus
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
pegix:
Na slawormir bring me here o

Lols..
Slawormir da Damn Niggar.. cheesy grin
The Sticky Vagina fluids man..
Bomber of WeChat..
N follower of his Grandfather's advice.. smiley
Very funny dude..

Last yr, some Fools started to copy him, saying Shitty stuffs like
Nnamen, Sophisticated whatever..
Sparogative.. undecided

Pple should be original n b themselves..Dats one thing I like about him..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by 1F30M4(f): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lol I'd seen some nairaland posts pop up on my Google search pages, read some & found 'em really insightful.. Few years later, I was probably just clicking away one fine Tuesday afternoon and thought to myself "I should check this out for real".. On & off but here I am, officially 2yrs & counting cool

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by grafixdon: 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ugandatales:

Lol..bedmatics things. She was good in za oza room... especially with BJ grin

Chai shocked, u for no let her go naa cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by gidjah(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
2006-2007.then in F CT. Was a guest for about year or so until 2008 ,I registered.I was just reading and following as a guest because I didn't even know how to get registered then.Yje site was still fresh with young bloods lime mmm...trying to recall names ;
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
In 2016 when a colleague of mine told me about it!!
Den, Was going to sites such as
(Naijapal)
Naijaloaded (By Makinde)

Before moving to this Great site, Nairaland!! Kudos to d founder, Seun n others such as Lalastica, Mynd44, etc.

Shout-out to
NwaAmaikpe
Slawormir
SmartPolician
Luminous
Mr FalseProphet
Righteousness89 or 12
Do d Right thing(d guy dat used to cancel Righteousness89's comment.. cheesy)
Liposure
Mosdii
Angelfrost
Ebukahades
Fergie..n many wonderful pple..

Their comments made me register.. smiley

Also Political analyst MannaBBQGrill (let me Not Call him Vulture today)
Sarrki..
Sapphire d Intellectual Babe(Gets me angry most times).. sad

Great people on d site.
Kudos to yall. smiley cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Through a family friend after my NYSC in 2013. Some years later I became a registered member.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by macrodata(m): 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
psychologist:
I first heard about nairaland many years ago when I was having a discuss with friends about young entrepreneurs and one of them mentioned suen osewa and how he is a drop out and yet created Nigeria's no 1 forum

What really made me registered was because of one brother in church, I usually sit close to him in church, each and everytime when the pastor is teaching or the choir are ministrying, man is always on nairaland page (rccg P.O.R) I still don't known your name or have we spoken before, but if u see this post mention me grin
Righteousness2
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by OyinNurse(f): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
I found out about NL just last month! I was reading the news about how an online forum called NL is a good litmus test for potentially shady job interviews. I googled and found NL, a faceless forum with a thread for almost any topic imaginable. You can actually have intelligent discussions which is a far cry from FB, Instagram and all those other social media platforms. Hubby is skeptical and says to watch out for perverts, but I havent met any yet...everyone has been very respectful towards me, so far. The forum is entertaining and enlightening and I wish I had found it sooner.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Spidermon: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Through Facebook back in 2006. I have been on Nairaland ever since.

I deactivated my previous NL account 'coz the nickname I used is more popular than my govt. name for those who know me
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Carolynn(f): 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
As for me I've been a regular guest on this site since 2012, but today is my first day of commenting here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Silentgroper(m): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
I thought it was a replica of naijaloaded. U knw, download music nd stuff.
I remember i also thought it was a money making site too at a point.

I heard d name from a friend who just views as a guest then nd was nt interested in joining.
Then i neglected it. In which i nw came across it on freebasics. I was viewing as a guest till i came across a beauty peagant thread where nairalanders upload their pictures nd get voted 4 some cash. As a fine boy i was very interested nd boom! I became a member. This isnt my 1st akant tho nd it's nt deactivated, i just dnt remember d password.

can d mods help?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Silentgroper(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmabest2000:
2012 while reading Samson Siasia interview on Nigerianworld , He said something about people on Nairaland spreading rumors about him ,
I immediately type www.nairaland.com and boom � since that day till date grin
Was he a member of dz forum.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by nelsonebby(m): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
2007. i could not register because I did not have an email to sign up. i was in jss1 i think
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ugandatales:

What year...and how exactly did you stumble upon Nairaland?
well, i can't remember exactly what it was i checked on google but it had to do with waec stuff,i was redirected to Nairaland and i picked interest because of a post i read back then and the funny way people reacted, checked in severally as a guest b4 deciding to create my account this year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Take This Personality Test / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.