Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? (30351 Views)

Gaius Chibueze: Bitcoin Billionaire Offer To Buy Nairaland For 150m-pics / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chieni(f): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hmmm where do I start? Nairaland has been so so helpful especially with regards to freelancing. After School I was curious as to how I could earn online since I've heard people talk about how possible it is to work online and be paid.

I got my first freelance opportunity here on Nairaland. I started reading online about sites that could pay when one works online, with the knowldege I was able to open an account on fiverr and started from there. I have also gotten a lot of freelance gig Right here on Nairaland. Thanks to nairaland and those who gave me an opportunity to work with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by adeniyi65(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
Bmaster:
you forgot to end your comments with 'This I have seen..

Or won't it be needed here?
that buddy is a clown grin grin
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by mcgift(m): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Through free basic then
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by gstream: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Cossybob:
Through a guru friend... I can tell you, my friend literally knows almost everything, one will think he is an alien cheesy grin grin

I hope his name isn't TOPE?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Lostchild(m): 1:21am On Jun 05, 2021
Found out about Nairaland in 2009 when I was looking for girlfriend through Nigeria online dating website
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by pegix(m): 3:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Lols..
Slawormir da Damn Niggar.. cheesy grin
The Sticky Vagina fluids man..
Bomber of WeChat..
N follower of his Grandfather's advice.. smiley
Very funny dude..

Last yr, some Fools started to copy him, saying Shitty stuffs like
Nnamen, Sophisticated whatever..
Sparogative.. undecided

Pple should be original n b themselves..Dats one thing I like about him..

Yeah u right....they wanted to clone his style
@alphafvckinniggar

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2021
doggedfighter:

Your gains and description of Nigerian youths made me teary.

Dazit my sister.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Stainlezzking: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Babtunz:

Hello Stainlezzking,
I seem to be able to see latest posts on my end here, can you share a screenshot of the page?

I've seen it, but thanks

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by AYNL: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2021
through freebasics since 2018 or so nairaland is a whole lot of vibes abeg whenever I'm depressed I go just enter nairaland and start reading comment omo I like slawomirr and enudapan sha and righteousness too false prophet many nairalanders I'm a fan of those mentioned I have always been a guest though but I finally open a nairaland account last Saturday I'm a fresh member

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by tidalstorm(m): 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
sotall:
undecided

First time I saw this site was in 2007 grin grin

Then the text was not like this.

Though nairaland has undergone upgrades , it still lagging behind in many features that is common with other social media sites.

Nairaland should have a dislike button.

Site should be capable of video uploads

The emoticons should be upgraded to look more realistic.
There is a reason even sites like facebook and twitter don't have a dislike button. It reduces group thinking and sometimes the reasonable comment isn't always the popular one.
As for videos, seun will have to upgrade the servers, videos dey chop space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nasww22nasww: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
Hi

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Cossybob(m): 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tolu
gstream:

I hope his name isn't TOPE?
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Philip4564(m): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nairaland!!! God Bless Oluwaseun Osewa for this beautiful forum
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Bunmhi(f): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
Through freebasics, I just came across Nairaland I logged in to the site in 2018. I started reading different topics as guest until I registered last year. Their members comment with their funny caption made me stick to this site
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Babtunz: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2021
chieni:
Hmmm where do I start? Nairaland has been so so helpful especially with regards to freelancing. After School I was curious as to how I could earn online since I've heard people talk about how possible it is to work online and be paid.

I got my first freelance opportunity here on Nairaland. I started reading online about sites that could pay when one works online, with the knowldege I was able to open an account on fiverr and started from there. I have also gotten a lot of freelance gig Right here on Nairaland. Thanks to nairaland and those who gave me an opportunity to work with them.

That's nice to know. I'm happy for you for being one of the many who have benefited from this forum.
And if you don't mind me asking, what is your niche in freelancing?
I'm just upcoming and I'm looking into copywriting and transcription or things that won't take much of my time because I need to shuffle them with school work. I think I might get some education from you.
However, after my research I have decided to go with Upwork. I find it more open than fiverr and there's a ton of information out there that can help me get started.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chieni(f): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Babtunz:

That's nice to know. I'm happy for you for being one of the many who have benefited from this forum.
And if you don't mind me asking, what is your niche in freelancing?
I'm just upcoming and I'm looking into copywriting and transcription or things that won't take much of my time because I need to shuffle them with school work. I think I might get some education from you.
However, after my research I have decided to go with Upwork. I find it more open than fiverr and there's a ton of information out there that can help me get started.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
I started with audio transcription, though it can be time consuming. You need a quiet space to trancribe smoothly. Though it's been a while I transcribed, I currently do voice overs and pidgin translation gig.

You could do both fiverr and up work. The only disadvantage with upwork is one has to bid for a project to get one. This is based on the little knowledge I have.

You do not have to limit yourself to one area when freelancing. You might be shocked at the number of people that might be interested in that idea you consider as not worth it. On fiverr you would fine a wide range of services. Even some you might consider absurd. One is not limited in that space.

Also you could learn a skill in an area that is in high demand when you have the time.

peace!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Babtunz: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
chieni:

I started with audio transcription, though it can be time consuming. You need a quiet space to trancribe smoothly. Though it's been a while I transcribed, I currently do voice overs and pidgin translation gig.

You could do both fiverr and up work. The only disadvantage with upwork is one has to bid for a project to get one. This is based on the little knowledge I have.

You do not have to limit yourself to one area when freelancing. You might be shocked at the number of people that might be interested in that idea you consider as not worth it. On fiverr you would fine a wide range of services. Even some you might consider absurd. One is not limited in that space.

Also you could learn a skill in an area that is in high demand when you have the time.

peace!!

Thanks for your response.
Pidgin translation? Do you mean translating from Pidgin to normal English?
I have no idea there are gigs like such
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chieni(f): 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Babtunz:

Thanks for your response.
Pidgin translation? Do you mean translating from Pidgin to normal English?
I have no idea there are gigs like such
English to pidgin and vice versa. Some even provide translation in Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Babtunz: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2021
chieni:

English to pidgin and vice versa. Some even provide translation in Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba.

Woah, that's very nice. So I having been wasting my skills all this while, lol

Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate you wink
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chieni(f): 8:05am On Jun 08, 2021
Babtunz:

Woah, that's very nice. So I having been wasting my skills all this while, lol
Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate you wink
You are welcome
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Smithkline200: 8:34am On Jun 08, 2021
Buy a 2013 Honda CRV

Or a Toyota Rav4 2012.

SanctifiedSista:

What's the best model car you can recommend for a woman that lives in Lagos with a 5 milion naira budget?
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by DenreleDave(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2021
Carolynn:
As for me I've been a regular guest on this site since 2012, but today is my first day of commenting here

Hy caroll
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Lingudy(m): 12:38am On Apr 27, 2022
Through a friend
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by flexible001(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2022
Temmylee01:
Omo nah through my guy sodiq oooh, he came from lag to Abuja then he was transfer from lasgidi to Abuja, he's a programmer. Guess where he got the job from?
Nairalanders
I'm looking for someone to teach me programing here in Abuja,
And if you have correct tutor you can refer me too I will really appreciate,
Here is my WhatsApp num 09097344382
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Apexlight(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2022
flexible001:

Nairalanders
I'm looking for someone to teach me programing here in Abuja,
And if you have correct tutor you can refer me too I will really appreciate,
Here is my WhatsApp num 09097344382

I'm into Java and Python programming
I can teach you
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by flexible001(m): 3:57pm On May 30, 2022
Apexlight:

I'm into Java and Python programming
I can teach you
Okay, please drop your WhatsApp number so we can chat
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Apexlight(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
flexible001:

Okay, please drop your WhatsApp number so we can chat

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Take This Personality Test / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.