Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? (27656 Views)

Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches against Nigerians / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CocoaOla: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2021
Is kanu now a verified president in Nigeria

People ruling the affair of Nigeria are fools

They just pained they are lawless miscreants

Buhari was threatening igbo with genocide on Twitter and it violate Twitter law American president was suspended for similar things Nigeria leader are lawless and stupid they think they are god
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by askyourself: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2021
winterfell007:

If you're igbo person, then you must be the most foolish igbo alive. When MNK started the agitation of Biafra. His beliefs has always been to achieve Biafra through peaceful means. That included Dialogue, referendum and other means that didn't resort to using violence. He's always upheld using peaceful means to achieve the cause.
But your violent government treated their cause with violence, declaring 'python dance' on innocent protesters who just wanted to excise their right to self determination, which is a universal right. Since your government has proven to MNK that Biafra can never be gotten through peace except blood us split. Nnamdi Kanu finally realized it's no point preaching peaceful dissolution. Your government is despotic and irresponsible and that's why no reasonable first world country will sell sophisticated weapons to them, because they know they'll only use it wipe off her citizens they don't like

No sane mind and/or people fights for their fundamental rights by trying to circumvent simple rules and the law. Hosting a radio frequency parallel to NBC frequencies is a treasonable offense. You don't take up arms against a government and expect to receive a Pat on the back. Until you guys realize that you are feeding some high level YAHOO YAHOO guys who don't even understand what Biafra entails contextually and otherwise or believe in it, then would you realize the damage been done to the East.

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by slam7000(m): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2021
Saintinoo:

I will take your post serious if i know where you are from. The difference is that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is an intelligent young man who knows how and when to make a statement, and you god Buhari is dumb alemajri who is nothinh but a blood sucking demon...
I tell you, if you happen to be from the Southern part of Nigeria, then a day will come when this blood sucking demons will visit your home town. Make it.

The op has been battling depression, suicidal ideation and anger for years but instead of seeking treatment for his mental health issues, he comes online to vent his frustrations, swears and hail abuses on those who disagree with him.

He hates Igbos but claims to be an Igbo man. What do call such a person, he gets bored easily and when he does, he comes online to look for ‘victims’ to attack. Igbos ironically are his punching bag but sadly for him, his knuckles are full of scars and keloids. His carpals and metacarpals joints are degenerating.

Give him another day and he will create another moniker...Rossiki, Rossikku, Rissimenki, Rissimental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by yahmohy27: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
For me, the issue is not whether Twitter was right or wrong for deleting the president's tweets. The issue is that in a bid to get back at Twitter, the president dragged the entire nation into it. Twitter deleted his tweets and he's moving to block the entire nation of about 200 million people from accessing the app without VPN as if the country is his personal property and the opinion of the people doesn't matter. Even the people praising him for this are also caught up in the middle of what shouldn't even concern them cause he'll only end up stressing everyone, the organization and his citizens alike.
hyppocrite
even if ur daddy victimised by hyppocrite like you knowongfully such individual is benfiting from what u have .why cant i use my power tp block hom from benefiting from me
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Rissamenti: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2021
Farki:

When he releases terrorists, allows Shiek Gumi to roam around giving inspirational bandit speeches and ruined the economy through his idiotic policies and blatant tribalism why won't there be breakdown of law and order?

Why are you blaming twitter for the overall dissatisfaction of the population?

When people break the rules, report and they will be deleted, stop being silly and think about the consequences of this action

What ''consequences''?

Nigeria is Africa's biggest economy, and is projected to be the world's 3rd largest population and consumer market by 2050.

She will be a MAGNET of international investment in the coming years.

Twitter needs Nigeria far more than Nigeria needs Twitter.

3 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by mayo47(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is democracy
Twitter is a business
Twitter is not democracy
Are Nigerians present on the Board of twitter? How many?
I would say the same thing for Jonathan, Obasanjo or Abacha

Twitter should not censor the president of Nigeria and if it chooses to do so it should be kicked out of Nigeria. That s the African way

Your response clearly shows the need for you to upskill yourself with comprehension lessons because you truly lack it
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by flokii: 7:12am On Jun 05, 2021
scofield76:

This clearly shows that you have sawdust as brain.
When Nigeria got her independence from Britain, did Nigerians living in UK had to leave?

Maybe you should ask Ojukwu why he chased Pastor E. Adeboye and other non-Igbos like him away from East before the war..

You think you'll have a separate country where you'll shut others out from and still stay put in our own lands living and doing business as you like? you lots will have sense by fire by force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Decent09(m): 7:13am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speech?

Hate Speech Monger - Nnamdi Kanu

Upon that, who did Twitter help, suspend them jare, it only serves as an avenue to destabilize the relative peace we have in the world

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

I mean, WHAT CLEARER CASE OF BIAS IS THERE THAN THAT?

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

So WELL DONE Mr President.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Lifestone(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
For me, the issue is not whether Twitter was right or wrong for deleting the president's tweets. The issue is that in a bid to get back at Twitter, the president dragged the entire nation into it. Twitter deleted his tweets and he's moving to block the entire nation of about 200 million people from accessing the app without VPN as if the country is his personal property and the opinion of the people doesn't matter. Even the people praising him for this are also caught up in the middle of what shouldn't even concern them cause he'll only end up stressing everyone, the organization and his citizens alike.
Use other Platforms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Decent09(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2021
mayo47:

Your response clearly shows the need for you to upskill yourself with comprehension lessons because you truly lack it

Mr President have already do the needful.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Ikology(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:
This has crossed my mind several times I must admit.. why is Kanu freely posting hateful and inciting comments on twitter and facebook yet they can't shut him off or ban him for violating their rules..

Can anyone post such inciting comments about killing Americans on twitter and they won't take it down? Igbos have really abused those platforms yet when you ask them to leave your domain, they'll refuse.

You lots don't know what divorce or breakup means, you'll definitely pack your bags and leave my space.

How many people have reported his tweets or tweeter accounts. That is only route for deleting tweets or suspension
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by nedekid: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2021

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Rissamenti: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2021
scofield76:

This clearly shows that you have sawdust as brain.
When Nigeria got her independence from Britain, did Nigerians living in UK had to leave?

Nigeria is not UK.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Mrbenny001: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu is now competing with Buhari.. Nigeria president in local and global politics..I thought they said he just a mere terrorist..why comparing a terrorist with your president.. maybe they are both terrorist. Buhari has made Kanu a very big man he us today
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by sleemomymy: 7:18am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

Twitter is an emerging technology and existing legislation is playing catch up
There is a cultural dimension to freedom of expression
We cannot do everything the OYIBO way

I am no supporter of Buhari but the office he occupies is important

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

We must learn how to compartmentalize our emotions and sentiments
MAY GOD ENRICH YOUR BRAIN THE MORE
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Lifestone(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2021
CocoaOla:
Is kanu now a verified president in Nigeria

People ruling the affair of Nigeria are fools

They just pained they are lawless miscreants

Buhari was threatening igbo with genocide on Twitter and it violate Twitter law American president was suspended for similar things Nigeria leader are lawless and stupid they think they are god
Sincerely, I have been searching for the genocide words in the now deleted tweet and haven't seen any other than what people interpreted it to be.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by ablejesus26(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Can you tell me a better thing to do?

Serve the suspension and learn to guard your utterances next time.
Do you know the series of problems Trump encountered with Twitter.
Did he ever take this route to shame and chain on the right of his citizens??.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 7:20am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

What ''consequences''?

Nigeria is Africa's biggest economy, and is projected to be the world's 3rd largest population and consumer market by 2050.

She will be a MAGNET of international investment.

coolWith over 200million people, only 2million use Twitter! grin Compare to Iran where out of 84million, 7million use Twitter. Twitter does not need u, with ur below one-Dollar per day economy grin

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by barragan: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2021
Nollynwa1:
So sad to see the level of ignorance from some so called educated people here. �
You are all crying because someone refused to be an ass licker and corrected your president. Buhari threatened a whole tribe with a civil war experience, if you don't see any problem in that, then you are evil!
Everyone can't be dumb ass followers like you all! Get small sense!

He did not threaten the whole region with civil war stop fucking lying.

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by ablejesus26(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2021
barragan:

Can't a man who fought in the civil war reference it when the same thing is about to happen again? There is a secessionist movement in the south east led by a mad man hiding in the UK capable of leading to war, the president wants to deal with this group so as not to have a repeat of that war. He clearly spoke of how unsavoury it was to have been in that war. Is that too hard to comprehend. Why would the president want to kill every south easterner, that is madness and it only exists in the minds of those who hate the president from the very beginning.

At the detriment of the emotional well being of the common Igboman,whose heart still bleeds with the memory of such issues??.

No one can make a debatable excuse for the high level of nepotistic charge buhari has for for Ndigbo.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by olatuns2017: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

It's more than bias

Tweeta jack and cownu are gay
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by barragan: 7:24am On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:

At the detriment of the emotional well being of the common Igboman,whose heart still bleeds with the memory of such issues??.

No one can make a debatable excuse for the high level of nepotistic charge buhari has for for Ndigbo.

What do you mean nepotistic charge?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Farki: 7:24am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

What ''consequences''?

She will be a MAGNET of international investment in the coming years.

Are you fucking stupid?

This was reported just last week!

https://nairametrics.com/2021/05/25/foreign-portfolio-investments-in-nigeria-drops-by-77-4-in-q1-2021/

Right now we are at the mercy of terrorists, secessionists, kidnappers and bad state actors. Less and less people wants to invest in the country because they don't want to deal with Buhari's madness among other threats to their business like poor infrastructure and insecurity and you're still talking like it's 1982 and oil is booming.

Twitter didn't move their African headquarters to Nigeria and they government was whining about it for weeks.

We've been through THREE recessions in this administration and you're talking like this.

Are you actually daft?

Seems you don't understand that the ban applies to all social media and you have given the next president the precedent to go after you and your kind for disagreeing, that's if this country even exists by the next election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Lordbinsmar: 7:26am On Jun 05, 2021
[s][/s]m
Rissamenti:

So WELL DONE Mr President.[s][/s]

Ogun kill you
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:

Serve the suspension and learn to guard your utterances next time.
Do you know the series of problems Trump encountered with Twitter.
Did he ever take this route to shame and chain on the right of his citizens??.

Lol... Talk is cheap. Tell me what the government should have done when you Kanu is busy spilling spiteful venom and inviting his people again the government through the platform.

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Josywhyte: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

Twitter is an emerging technology and existing legislation is playing catch up
There is a cultural dimension to freedom of expression
We cannot do everything the OYIBO way

I am no supporter of Buhari but the office he occupies is important

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

We must learn how to compartmentalize our emotions and sentiments

Does your president know what DEMOCRACY is? When u find that out come back and we'll talk.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Sincerely, I have been searching for the genocide words in the now deleted tweet and haven't seen any other than what people interpreted it to be.
coolWhy has there been no such tweet to the NE over Boko Haram or NC over bandits? The tweet is trying to resurrect the doctrine of COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT. It was invented during the war. Meaning the region takes the fall for the actions of the secessionists. Rather let the military isolate the trouble makers and deal with dem like they are doing in other regions
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Curious345: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2021
All the Ros and ris are one person ?
slam7000:

The op has been battling depression, suicidal ideation and anger for years but instead of seeking treatment for his mental health issues, he comes online to vent his frustrations, swears and hail abuses on those who disagree with him.

He hates Igbos but claims to be an Igbo man. What do call such a person, he gets bored easily and when he does, he comes online to look for ‘victims’ to attack. Igbos ironically are his punching bag but sadly for him, his knuckles are full of scars and keloids. His carpals and metacarpals joints are degenerating.

Give him another day and he will create another moniker...Rossiki, Rossikku, Rissimenki, Rissimental.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Generalnomercy: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

You're just good for nothing herdsman marauding Nairaland and terrorizing Nnamdi Kanu.

You registered this account just a few days ago after you people planned this evil.

The whole world have seen you people for what you are and it will help in dismemberment of this evil contraception called fulaNigeria.

I WANT ALL TO KNOW THAT THE OP WHO OPENED THIS THREAD IS CALLED GARBA SHEHU the next Shekau of Buhari government.

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by ablejesus26(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Lol... Talk is cheap. Tell me what the government should have done when you Kanu is busy spilling spiteful venom and inviting his people again the government through the platform.

Firstly I am not a supporter of mnk and his Ipob.
Secondly Twitter and every other social media platforms have their rules.
Buhari broke them so he should do the suspension.
Btw one of the reasons why the world is not calling for the head of mnk is because buhari and his govt has failed.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by goody2019: 7:32am On Jun 05, 2021
It's now clear that social media is the greatest culprit of insecurity in this country. Unregulated Media is a bane to any nation.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by adimek2002(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2021
The way some of us understand national issues tells me that our problems are ours. How can someone be equating MNK and Buhari. Buhari is president of a country while Nnamdi Kanu whether you accept or not is a freedom fighter. Moreover Twitter doesn't read your post. It is the public that does and the same public decides whether it is offensive or not. The public makes complaint for a particular post to be deleted. There is nowhere on earth you can equate the threat of a sitting president to that of an individual. I have asked people several times why has Britain not handed Nnamdi Kanu to Nigerian government despite their good relationship with Nigeria and none has provided me with answers.
Again it could have made more sense if government banned Twitter because Twitter refused to delete MNK account. You don't correct MNK by making the same hate speech. Moreover we all know that APC is the founder of hate speech in Nigeria and Twitter did not ban them. Lai Mohammed, El Rufia, Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina, Meyeti Allah, Ango Abdullahi and the other man heading Arewa youths. These are the originators of hate speech in Nigeria.
Lastly for those citing China as example, china has the science to monitor Twitter ban Nigeria has not. They can only resort to crude method.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wike Blasts PDP Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, For Arrogance, Ingratitude / Plot To Smuggle Maina Out Of Custody Foiled / Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.