Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? (27629 Views)

Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches against Nigerians / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by SouthEastFacts: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2021
marod:

How did the Igbos in general received threat? Is it the entire Igbo that; 1. "Attacking critical national infrastructure", 2. "Want the destruction of the system" 3. "Attacking series of INEC facilities" 4. "Are bent on destroying our country by promoting crime and insurrection" and 5. "Are misbehaving".
These were the mentions of the President in his tweet and these were the specific people he was referring to. These are the people that he intends to speak the obvious language they understand with.
Imagine an outside comes to your house and tells your "head of the family". If you are not a prodigal child, will you say it doesn't concern you because it wasn't you it was directed to? The head of state should be seen in this regard.
Fulanis have been attacking things more critical than critical national infrastructures.

But NO, it's Igbos they are more concerned about.

We are waiting for the war. This is 2021 not 1967.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by deepwater(f): 8:10am On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:
This has crossed my mind several times I must admit.. why is Kanu freely posting hateful and inciting comments on twitter and facebook yet they can't shut him off or ban him for violating their rules..

Can anyone post such inciting comments about killing Americans on twitter and they won't take it down? Igbos have really abused those platforms yet when you ask them to leave your domain, they'll refuse.

You lots don't know what divorce or breakup means, you'll definitely pack your bags and leave my space.

Lol
Little child you are son...
I see you had lost hope in this life to own a property to yourself. Hence, you believe if a break up happens you would claim other people property in your region?
Charlie number 1 you are not from Lagos, so no juicy property for you cos it ain't your space.
Number 2, non citizens still own properties in foreign lands all over the world.

Now go work hard at the next building site by lifting concrete mix for the building project on going by an Igbo man
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Classicalman(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is democracy
Twitter is a business
Twitter is not democracy
Are Nigerians present on the Board of twitter? How many?
I would say the same thing for Jonathan, Obasanjo or Abacha

Twitter should not censor the president of Nigeria and if it chooses to do so it should be kicked out of Nigeria. That s the African way
JUST SHUT UP
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by goody2019: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:

Firstly I am not a supporter of mnk and his Ipob.
Secondly Twitter and every other social media platforms have their rules.
Buhari broke them so he should do the suspension.
Btw one of the reasons why the world is not calling for the head of mnk is because buhari and his govt has failed.

Are you not a greater failure for saying all of the above? Buhari broke the suppose rule of Twitter and should be dealt with, but Twitter breaks the rule of the Nation for making it's platform available for all destabilising speeches and should not be dealt with?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nezzjnr: 8:13am On Jun 05, 2021
seunmsg:

While I pray for peace in all parts of the country, I pray for unimaginable calamities to befall all enemies of Nigeria and those praying for sustained insecurity in the country.
You are not wise

What's your government doing about the security situation

30k is making you to loose your senses

Bro you need to visit a psychologist
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by melodyogonna(m): 8:13am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speech?

Hate Speech Monger - Nnamdi Kanu

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

I mean, WHAT CLEARER CASE OF BIAS IS THERE THAN THAT?

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

So WELL DONE Mr President.
Twitter has millions of tweets per second and deleting tweets is a manual process. You have to bring their attention to it by reporting the tweet. Thousands of people reported Buhari's tweet
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Minjim: 8:13am On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:
It would appear that you are not knowledgeable on the issue regarding power deposition.
The Nigerian president cannot for any reason sound like mnk.
He is deposited with the power to portray a balance.
I am Igbo I am not ipob,why should I be receiving threats bcus of ipob.
So why hasn't he threatened the Ne for all the unmeasurable atrocities that Boko Haram and bandits have carried out??.
Apc will be the downfall of this country.

His threat is to the criminal elements in the SE. Go read it again. It said, those causing trouble. Are you among?
Twitter deleted is post solely based on overwhelming complaints and the similarities between it and an previous post that was also deleted. They had initially refused to delete it.
You can't shy away from the fact that majority of Igbos have sympathy for Igbos even though they're not members. Most rejoice at the killings of law enforcement agencies.
To the Op, Nnamdi Kanu's tweet can be deleted too if there's any overwhelming clamour for it. But people from other regions don't just take him that serious

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Educhelssy: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2021
You’re right but That man n buhari doesn’t have the same power, influence n office powera. Ok. Reason n discern the rest cos you are sensible n got brains
Rissamenti:

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is democracy
Twitter is a business
Twitter is not democracy

Twitter should not censor the president of Nigeria and if it chooses to do so it should be kicked out of Nigeria. That s the African way
At this point you sound like a fool

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Guyman02: 8:19am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Your problem is that you are seeing it as a personal beef between Buhari and Twitter. Buhari is acting in his capacity as President, by saying that you cannot operate in our space if you allow secessionists and anarchists to post destabilizing messages on your platform, while disallowing Nigerian authorities from making posts threatening repercussions for breakdown of law and order.

If the country descends into warfare, will Twitter executives come and fight the war? No. They will be enjoying on yachts in the Caribbean.

So Buhari is only protecting his country from descent into anarchy and disintegration.

That's his job.
Buhari protecting which country?
So Banning Twitter has made his fellow Fulani to release the kidnapped children in Niger State or stopped the massacre of citizens in Benue and Ebonyi states.
Get back your senses please
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Acidosis(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2021
Those who feel Buhari shouldn't be punished on Twitter because he's Nigeria's president are the problems of this country.

These f00ls are the same set of people who believe an elected politician can earn N30 million monthly while others within his age group get 18k minimum wage. Is this how you share a wealth you claim belongs to all??

Twitter don't care who you are. There's no Aso rock on Twitter. Rule is rule. Same rules apply to everyone. Whether you live in the slum, you get served the same rule, no preferential treatments. This is how a country should operate and in fact Nigeria has a lot to learn from Twitter.

Once an inciting or abusive post gets reported on Twitter, the account will surely go down! Twitter won't just delete Kanu's post unless people find it abusive enough to report.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2021
marod:

How did the Igbos in general received threat? Is it the entire Igbo that; 1. "Attacking critical national infrastructure", 2. "Want the destruction of the system" 3. "Attacking series of INEC facilities" 4. "Are bent on destroying our country by promoting crime and insurrection" and 5. "Are misbehaving".
These were the mentions of the President in his tweet and these were the specific people he was referring to. These are the people that he intends to speak the obvious language they understand with.
Imagine an outside comes to your house and tells your "head of the family" while allowing his oppressors to speak up. If you are not a prodigal child, will you say it doesn't concern you because it wasn't you it was directed to? The President acted in the best interest of the country just like the head of the family would have, despite some little discomfort that the family might experience.
coolThen u don know how d civil war was fought. Land air sea blockade. No food for anyone, every one was victim. Referring to it, can only mean there is no plan to fish out those u say are attacking government facilities and dealing only wit them. Elsewhere, whole school children are kidnaped, burnt alive on their dormitory beds, Army is ambushed, money, equipment is stolen, MTN masts destroyed, houses burnt, IDPs all over the place and so on. Which is worse? Why not tweet to dem that u wud soon use civil war tactics on them?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 8:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Acidosis:
Those who feel Buhari shouldn't be punished on Twitter because he's Nigeria's president are the problems of this country.

These f00ls are the same set of people who believe an elected politician can earn N30 million monthly while others within his age group get 18k minimum wage. Is this how you share a wealth you claim belongs to all??

Twitter don't care who you are. There's no Aso rock on Twitter. Rule is rule. Same rules apply to everyone. Whether you live in the slum, you get served the same rule. This is how a country should operate and in fact Nigeria has a lot to learn from Twitter.

Once an inciting or abusive post gets reported on Twitter, the account will surely go down! Twitter won't just delete Kanu's post unless people find it abusive enough to report.
coolU know, after banning Trump on Twitter and Facebook, the action didn’t go down well wit the United Nations! They believed these social media platforms are becoming too powerful and really overstepping their bounds. A meeting was called to deliberate on wot to do to them.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Headachetoigboh(f): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Rossiki grin

The number one defender of One Nigeria on Nairaland grin

You just love to dey give HBP to IPOB members on Nairaland grin

Mumu talk.
Tell Twitter to ban him nah.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by marod(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2021
Kemistri4:

Bullcrap. He didn't even mentioned IPOB. He said "Youths of the region " and then threatened to use his civil war experience to "treat them in the language they understand ". That was pure hate speech.

Show me where he has used such statements about the NE.

In fact, Twitter was too lenient with him. He should have been banned indefinitely...

Show me where he said "Youths of the region"

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Gambit23: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Paid dolt, Are u following Nnamdi kanu on Twitter?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Gambit23: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Rossiki grin

The number one defender of One Nigeria on Nairaland grin

You just love to dey give HBP to IPOB members on Nairaland grin

Another paid dolt.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by seunmsg(m): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2021
Nezzjnr:

You are not wise

What's your government doing about the security situation

30k is making you to loose your senses

Bro you need to visit a psychologist

Someone that doesn’t have 30k in his account will come online to accuse those that can feed his generation of losing their senses over a 30k job. Smh!

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by caracas: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Mumu post by a mumu supporter of a mumu president
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by bewla(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2021
Kdon2:

So by your brain now nnamdi janu is the problem of Nigeria or buhari. Make una dey try get sense from that una region now. Sense too far from una! Haba!
Am not to good in social media.

only Nairaland and LiveScore plus face book WhatsApp any order thing out side this na zero for me

But Buhari guff here if is not the president will he now ask the sitting president to band Twitter for his own personal issue

If it's the FG Twitter account that twit are delete from then it becomes an issue

And on kanu we should tread softly here not to buy more then we can chew

We stand together we live together
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by goody2019: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2021
[quote author=Generalnomercy post=102390252]

You're just good for nothing herdsman marauding Nairaland and terrorizing Nnamdi Kanu.

You registered this account just a few days ago after you people planned this evil.

The whole world have seen you people for what you are and it will help in dismemberment of this evil contraception called fulaNigeria.

Your hateful venom will soon be curtailed. Free speech means free rubbish all the way? What is government without power to control, to regulate? The government is probably too weak hence people can say all sort of things to incite, to instigate, to destabilize and intimidate others. Government should stamp its feet down and do the needful. Regulate all media including social, including nairaland.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by AMINDA: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

I'm not a Biafran nor an Ipob, but why will a wicked ruler ban freedom of speech and expression and stupid people like you keep cheering him? don't you see more value to your life apart from 30k that you receive every month?

Going by your logic, should we conclude that Twitter has been depriving Trump of his freedom of speech and expression? Twitter cannot be allowed to run parallel governance in Nigeria by interfering in our affairs (creating special EndSars emojis and donating bitcoins to insurrectionists) and displaying bias or selective censoring a la Nnamdi Kanu.

Especially when we all know the same energy will not be maintained when their homeland is threatened, as we saw during the Capitol Hill saga. Till today, the FBI is still searching for participants of capitol hill protest with financial rewards attached. Nigeria is not a banana republic.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by maasoap(m): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

No, twitter won't do that. But twitter is for anything that can set Nigeria ablaze.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by maasoap(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Kdon2:

So by your brain now nnamdi janu is the problem of Nigeria or buhari. Make una dey try get sense from that una region now. Sense too far from una! Haba!

Well, going by the numbers of deaths of the security agents, IPOB members and neutral citizens as well as the destructions of public institutions he has caused, he's number one Nigeria problem
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2021
marod:

cool

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by goody2019: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
bewla:

But Buhari guff here if is not the president will he now ask the sitting president to band Twitter for his own personal issue

If it's the FG Twitter account that twit are delete from then it becomes an issue

And on kanu we should tread softly here not to buy more then we can chew

We stand together we live together

Point of correction. Its national issue, not personal issue. Twitter platform is being used by Kanu to incite violence all along. What did Twitter do?

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

Twitter is an emerging technology and existing legislation is playing catch up
There is a cultural dimension to freedom of expression
We cannot do everything the OYIBO way

I am no supporter of Buhari but the office he occupies is important

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

We must learn how to compartmentalize our emotions and sentiments
The most intelligent post i've read.

God bless you!
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by NoSentiment: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

You are among the few Nigerians with common sense
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Godszilla: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2021
I guess few people don't really get where u r comin from. Yea I dislike Buhari as much as the next person,persnally I think Buhari is among one of world top 1000(bin generous here) dullest human,he is exceptional dull.but we shudnt let our judgement b clouded cos of celestial failure.
I don't tink u can abuse your landlord/mall owner and expect u continue stay or doing biz in same place. U av to play by the rule of the owner or u move to a diff house or mall.
Personal I don't think twitter shud ban or delete any president in the world comment but flag it or put sometin on it. It's dey personal biz n rules same right the landlord/mall owner has as u(twitter) has to obey too.
If u don't wan to deal wit landlord shit u go build u own house.
Twitter has every rit to disagree with the president but wit respect. Twitter shudnt delete any president comment witout @the least reaching out to them.

Just my personal take

omonnakoda:

What is democracy
Twitter is a business
Twitter is not democracy

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by adebwalex(m): 9:04am On Jun 05, 2021
booscy:
Why not start an online campaign for Twitter to ban him by reporting and pointing out his tweets that are in violation of the Twitter code of conduct or rules if engagement.

Someone started that which led to Buhari's suspension

Typing Trash Trash Trash... Twitter have rules and if you violate the rule their is no point of writing to them to effect a ban on someone. Did they write to Twitter before Trumph tweet was deleted
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Kemistri4(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2021
marod:

Watch the video. He mentioned "youths of the region" in the video.

Meanwhile, his statement "treat them in the language they understand " while referencing the civil war is a hate speech.

He should have been banned entirely...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fayose Canvasses Juicy Ministerial Position For Fayemi / Obiano In A Warm Embrace With Obaze At St Patrick's Cathedral, Awka Today- PICS / Saraki Fires Back At Buhari Media Organisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.