Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

What's Your Advice On This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Advice On This? (915 Views)

Relationship: I Need Your Advice On This Issue / Please I Need Your Advice. Im In A Deep Shii... / Women Sha!!, Whats Your Advice On This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Advice On This? by empire02: 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good afternoon my fellow nairalannders!

Can a guy between age of 24_25yrs that earns @least 80k weekly get married?
I mean considering the present nigeria economy??
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Bola146(f): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
Yes but I would advise them to go for counseling if they are emotionally, physically and mentally okay for marriage. Money is not everything please

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Jashub: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
You can. But just make sure you plan on marriage and not wedding o.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

yinmu.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Getting married is NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY sha.. it is more of commitment with the same person for the rest of ur life ooo cool
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Bedrooomsecret: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
He is good to go.
Even private school teachers who earns 20k got married with it. He is lucky he is earning that much
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Limassol(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
I am genuinely intrested in the job you do if its legit, care to show me the way?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Yes of course
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Robertgreene1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
yes of cus but just don't go abt littering d whole place with babies like Rabbits...practice family planning...space em out..for me 2 kids re more than enough in ds times..
shalom..

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Cutehector(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
Marry a woman who manages money
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Tolet66606: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
not advisable imo
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2021
I hope the job is secured and that your wife to be does not plan to be idle
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Omuuvwie(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Everything is all about planning, it's ok but make sure your wife also have something doing, because the economy of this country is geting harsh by the day, marriage it sounds good but last last na 21st century scam
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Don't even try it o. 80k is absolutely nothing in this Nigerian economy. Have you been to the market recently and you are just 25 years. You are a man you can get married anytime. Postpone marriage and build your finances.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by pansophist(m): 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2021
360k monthly is enough to start a family in Nigeria, and if your wife join her finance, then life becomes even more better. Even if she joins nothing, with that amount life can still be good. People marry for far lower than that, and they are doing fine. Just don't be lavish. You're closer to the gods when you have fewer wants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

80k per week haba yes na. Which kind mumu question are you asking again na .
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by empire02: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
Bouz:
80k per week haba yes na. Which kind mumu question are you asking again na .
Just asking because I'm confused, I'm 24 going to 25, I'm still a student,in my final year,, but my mum keep advising me to get married, settle down and start raising kids.

Though I'm in a sweet relationship.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Karleb(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Why exactly do young people rush into marriage?

You are setting up yourself for poverty. If you think 80k is big, think again!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

Just asking because I'm confused, I'm 24 going to 25, I'm still a student,in my final year,, but my mum keep advising me to get married, settle down and start raising kids.

Though I'm in a sweet relationship.
Alot of graduate on this forum, don't earn up to 40k per month, and your in final year already earning 240k that's good keep it up. When you are done with your nysc, you can get married, now is early
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by tiffanyfan(f): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Why would a 25yrs old be thinking of marriage in this present Nigeria is what i don't understand.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by empire02: 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Karleb:
Why exactly do young people rush into marriage?

You are setting up yourself for poverty. If you think 80k is big, think again!

I'm still confused, though I ve my own home(house) and some land properties too.

My mum won't let me be , always talking about marriage often, can't even have a meaningful discussion with her again.
Before was being into a relationship, now I'm in a relationship... She start moving it to marriage.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by empire02: 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Bouz:
Alot of graduate on this forum, don't earn up to 40k per month, and your in final year already earning 240k that's good keep it up. When you are done with your nysc, you can get married, now is early

Thanks but is my mum , I can't have a reasonable discussion with my mum again, if I say I'm not of age, she will ask if I see my age before building a house, buying land...

That I should settle down nd start raising kids
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Karleb(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

I'm still confused, though I ve my own home(house) and some land properties too.

My mum won't let me be , always talking about marriage often, can't even have a meaningful discussion with her again.
Before was being into a relationship, now I'm in a relationship... She start moving it to marriage.

Later she'll talk about a kid. Then she'll ask for a second and third one, she'll also insist on a fourth one.

No offense but your old woman is pushing you into poverty. You are still very young o. It is during this time of your life you can hustle and bustle, don't let marriage deprive you of it.

If you go into marriage now, there is a great chance that you may not be financially independent until in your 50s or 60s.

If I were you, I'd wait till my early - mid thirties before marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
Karleb:

Later she'll talk about a kid. Then she'll ask for a second and third one, she'll also insist on a fourth one.

No offense but your old woman is pushing you into poverty. You are still very young o. It is during this time of your life you can hustle and bustle, don't let marriage deprive you of it.

If you go into marriage now, there is a great chance that you may not be financially independent until in your 50s or 60s.

If I were you, I'd wait till my early - mid thirties before marriage.
Once you get married in this Nigeria as a man forget financial independence. The chances of dying in poverty Is 98 percent especially if you weren't rich before marriage. Let's be realistic. Even to japa as a married man is very tough. Single man will only need 5 million as proof of funds. Married man with family will need 20 million. Illegal route ten million. Marriage in present day Nigeria for a man is a no no except the man is from a well to do family or he's marrying a rich man with a second citizenship.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Just123: 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Don't even try it o. 80k is absolutely nothing in this Nigerian economy. Have you been to the market recently and you are just 25 years. You are a man you can get married anytime. Postpone marriage and build your finances.
Boss he said[b]at least 80k weekly[/b].
If the job he is doing is secure, then he's ok financially in my own opinion.
On the matter of being mature, responsible and ready for marriage obligations, that for him to know when he's ready, but money wise he is good to go.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Just123:

Boss he said[b]at least 80k weekly[/b].
If the job he is doing is secure, then he's ok financially in my own opinion.
On the matter of being mature, responsible and ready for marriage obligations, that for him to know when he's ready, but money wise he is good to go.
Bros that's not up to 1000 USD a month when you add the whole 4 weeks o. I don't know if it's constant. But if those earnings are coming in naira then theres a lot to fear. The naira might be exchanging 1000 naira to a dollar and they are rumours of fuel price increasing to 380 naira per litre which will further increase inflation by at least 50 percent further. He should hold on. Naija get as e be.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Just123: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Op, which work are you doing that is fetching you at least 80k weekly?
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Karleb(m): 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros that's not up to 1000 USD a month when you add the whole 4 weeks o. I don't know if it's constant. But if those earnings are coming in naira then theres a lot to fear. The naira might be exchanging 1000 naira to a dollar and they are rumours of fuel price increasing to 380 naira per litre which will further increase inflation by at least 50 percent further. He should hold on. Naija get as e be.

I second this. Even if he's making 100k per week, he should hold on.

Nigeria in January is better than the Nigeria in June. The Nigeria in December might shock us all! We do not even know how Nigeria would be in 2022, things might be 10x worse.

If I were the fellow, I'll be thinking of securing a better country's citizenship.

10 years ago, people earning 100k - 300k were who we called the rich, now many won't even make middle class. In tens years time, that 80k per week might not cater for the guy and his family.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice On This? by phazotron(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

Hope the wife to be is also earning and is ready to contribute to the marriage?

If yes go ahead. if not say no to marriage
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by Demigod22: 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
The guy should make sure that the lady is industrious in order to support him. Above all,proper planning and understanding wins the day.
Re: What's Your Advice On This? by odinson1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
empire02:

Don't let Any body Rush you into Marriage,you are a man Now and you can Make decisions for yourself.

You,as a man Has 60 percent chance of Dying poor and frustrated if you Marry Early

(1) (Reply)

Thread Closed / Beware Guys / How To Get Aquarius Man's Attention In 4 Easy Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.