Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! (47229 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

The real gods of men are the governing body, you have been defending them here as your lord and savior.

After all one said should you decide to go to Jesus directly na OYO be the person case cheesy. They will abandon you that very instance.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

It is normal for imperfect Jehovah's witnesses but destruction for other Christian denominations. Like the other one said earlier some are spiritually mature than others. Using style to save face of their brother whom they already see has stepping over the line. The whole thing becomes a laughing matter considering the creator of thread had earlier cautioned JANOS too over this predicaments they find themselves. These ones hardly tow the line. Jumping out of order is just never far away no matter how civil you go about it. No be today dem start am.

Has Achorladey never had verbal disputes and disagreements with other respondents on Nairaland ?

Bros, hold yourself accountable to the same standards you expect from JWs ,else you are a hypocrite.

Thanks for telling this forum that you expect higher standard from JWs but such standards are far above the level you operate

grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by OkCornel(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

It can't be both!

Here's why:

Romans 9:16 - So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Do you really think you can attain salvation by works of righteousness (living up to your dedication)?

Get the context right. Why is God showing mercy? That you may continue in sin that Grace might abound? God forbid! Romans 6 v 23.

Or for you to live a righteous life by walking in the Spirit? Galatians 5 v 16-26.

falseprophet:

Ephesians 2:8 - For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

2 Corinthians 5:21 - He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Again, Grace is granted to everyone to repent and turn back to God. And yes, faith in God is evidenced by our obedience to the commandments of God (the law of Christ - Galatians 6 v 2)

falseprophet:

Christians are saved by ransom sacrifice of Christ through grace and not by living up to any dedication vow.

Absolutely, you’re saved to bear good fruits. But if you end up bearing no fruits, you’ll be pruned off from the vine and cast into the fire. Refer to the parable of the talents and the parable of the vine.

And you mentioned Christians aren’t required to dedicate themselves to God in their walk with Him?
Revelation 14 v 12 - 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

falseprophet:

1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Like I said earlier, JWs claim they believe in Jesus's ransom sacrifice but in reality they think they are saved because they love God and not because God love them, they think they are saved because they are righteous and not because of grace.

Again, yes nobody except Christ is without sin…however bear in mind we are not saved TO CONTINUE IN SIN. Did it ever occur to you Jesus mentioned in Matthew 5 to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect?

Did it also occur to you that after Jesus healed certain people, he told them GO AND SIN NO MORE?

Get an understanding of what makes one sin and turn away from it, rather than make excuses for them and hamper your spiritual growth.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Has Achorladey never had verbal disputes and disagreements with other respondents on Nairaland ?

Bros, hold yourself accountable to the same standards you expect from JWs ,else you are a hypocrite.

Thanks for telling this forum that JWs have higher standards you expect from them but such standards are far above the level you operate

grin

Tell it to your brother Max who was revelling and basking on such disputes to raise his own organization above every others. He he the intelligent one here he should understand better.

I will rather refer you to Max post that your members are sinners like every other religious organization and influenced by Satan the devil. I don't know where your lofty standard is coming from considering what he said grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

After all one said should you decide to go to Jesus directly na OYO be the person case cheesy. They will abandon you that very instance.

Did Cornelius go to Jesus directly?
Whom did God's angel direct Cornelius to meet?
And why?
Did Paul go to Jesus directly?
Whom did Jesus direct Paul to meet?
And why ?

Achorladey & falseprophet done reject Acts 15:7-14 and Hebrews 13:7,17.

JWs have the truth..

grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by OkCornel(m): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

No one is attacking JWs, what I have been doing here since I came in is talking about "dedication" and "governing body" which have proven to be the cornerstone of JWs teachings, since you can't find one verse in the bible that mentioned either it became an "attack on JWs"

All watchtower publications cannot go one paragraph without attacking "christiendom" and "apostates", so until you provide where those two terms are mentioned in the bible your religion has nothing to do with the bible.

Ok, direct that to JW. I have no denomination.

I don’t know the inner workings of the JW body, if it doesn’t help my walk in the Spirit, I’m not too bothered.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

And why ?

grin grin

Janosky Bring those scriptures first here. We will show who encounter who first? grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

Janosky Bring those scriptures first here. We will show who encounter who first? grin grin
What was the instructions given to both Paul and Cornelius?
Achorladey solve that assignment yourself.
grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Whom did God's angel direct Cornelius to meet?
And why?
And why ?

Achorladey & falseprophet done reject Acts 15:7-14 and Hebrews 13:7,17.

JWs have the truth..

grin grin

The reason your Max said anyone going behind or not bowing to your religious leaders and decides to go directly to Jesus na OYO be im case. Do you know agree that your religious leaders are the way, the truth and life?

Yes/No? Simple question
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by KNOWMORE56: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

It is normal for imperfect Jehovah's witnesses but destruction for other Christian denominations. Like the other one said earlier some are spiritually mature than others. Using style to save face of their brother whom they already see has stepping over the line. The whole thing becomes a laughing matter considering the creator of thread had earlier cautioned JANOS too over this predicaments they find themselves. These ones hardly tow the line. Jumping out of order is just never far away no matter how civil you go about it. No be today dem start am.
[/b]

"...No be today dem start am"[b]

No be lie. I hardly forget the way they attacked one lady here by the name/monica SALVATION112 or so.

Some time I do think they might have eliminated the lady.

Hatred, violence and hypocrisy are noticeable fruits among them.

maxInDHouse trying hard to control his without success....

I laugh... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Achorladey solve that assignment yourself.
grin

Just like the other assignment I gave you of which you abandon. You for bring the scriptures come out now make we see who met who first.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

The reason your Max said anyone going behind or not bowing to your religious leaders and decides to go directly to Jesus na OYO be im case. Do you know agree that your religious leaders are the way, the truth and life?

Yes/No? Simple question
You MUST abide by Hebrews 13:7.

Where did your Bible tell you Jesus Christ will knock on your door to preach and teach you?
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by falseprophet: 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
OkCornel:

Get the context right. Why is God showing mercy? That you may continue in sin that Grace might abound? God forbid! Romans 6 v 23.

Or for you to live a righteous life by walking in the Spirit? Galatians 5 v 16-26.

Again, Grace is granted to everyone to repent and turn back to God. And yes, faith in God is evidenced by our obedience to the commandments of God (the law of Christ - Galatians 6 v 2)

Absolutely, you’re saved to bear good fruits. But if you end up bearing no fruits, you’ll be pruned off from the vine and cast into the fire. Refer to the parable of the talents and the parable of the vine.

And you mentioned Christians aren’t required to dedicate themselves to God in their walk with Him?
Revelation 14 v 12 - 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Again, yes nobody except Christ is without sin…however bear in mind we are not saved TO CONTINUE IN SIN. Did it ever occur to you Jesus mentioned in Matthew 5 to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect?

Did it also occur to you that after Jesus healed certain people, he told them GO AND SIN NO MORE?

Get an understanding of what makes one sin and turn away from it, rather than make excuses for them and hamper your spiritual growth.

I have never made any excuses for sin here, my point is that salvation does not come from works of righteousness, if that's the case then why does Christ have to die?

It is still JWs that are showing bad behavior here with insults and threats, it is still them that claims they are saved because they are righteous.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]

"...No be today dem start am"[b]

No be lie. I hardly forget the way they attacked one lady here by the name/monica SALVATION112 or so.

Some time I do think they might have eliminated the lady.

Hatred, violence and hypocrisy are noticeable fruits among them.

maxInDHouse trying hard to control his without success....

I laugh... cheesy

Omo that matter tire person oooooo for the first time on nairaland I experience confrontations on a forum like this spilling into real life situations where there was need to beg both sides to calm down. It just simply boiled over from the heat generated. I think she later deactivated that account and God knows if she later comeback. I learn some things during that time too. This life ehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Where did your Bible tell you Jesus Christ will knock on your door to preach and teach you?

Oga show me scriptures na you cite example, show me scriptures. After all you always write in your magazines that people pray to God(don't know which your OWN GOD or their GOD) and booooom the next day you will see your members at their doorsteps and booooom their pray got answered by (your own God or their OWN GOD) grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

I have never made any excuses for sin here, my point is that salvation does not come from works of righteousness, if that's the case then why does Christ have to die?

It is still JWs that are showing bad behavior here with insults and threats, it is still them that claims they are saved because they are righteous.

Bros Okcornel, have explained some salient points to you.
Please learn well and find out what is true, but desist from your compulsive obsession.
grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by falseprophet: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Jesus doesn't need to knock on physical doors, but He can still knock on the doors of our hearts.

Today knowledge is now abundance and the bible is now available to us unlike the 1st century christians who worshipped without the complete christian greek scriptures.

So in essence I mean preaching of the gospel is not done only by JWs, there were christian missionaries who crossed continents to bring the message to Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

You MUST abide by Hebrews 13:7.

You always quote you hardly understand them as you contemplate how their conduct turns out imitate their faith. Oga no be YOU MUST ABIDE by it. You are not made to remain as BABES under anyone the reason you are asked to grow up and avoid been tossed here and there by these people you call YOU MUST if you fail to CONTEMPLATE on how their conduct is and turn out.

Paul and Peter a good example Galatians 2 is your reference point. One was contemplating the conduct of the other.

I don talk this matter with you before no dey do shakara over this issue. Your religious leaders can never replace Jesus the highest they can do is AMBASSADORS shikena. They can't stop Jesus from going to wherever he wants to go or reach whomever he wants to.

The Son is still working he said it while on earth paapaa.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

Jesus doesn't need to knock on physical doors, but He can still knock on the doors of our hearts.

Today knowledge is now abundance and the bible is now available to us unlike the 1st century christians who worshipped without the complete christian greek scriptures.

So in essence I mean preaching of the gospel is not done only by JWs, there were christian missionaries who crossed continents to bring the message to Africa.

Im don give Jesus shortsleeve or armless/handicapped now grin Allow am jare.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

Acts chapter 10, to whom did God's angel direct Cornelius to meet?
Acts chapter 9, to whom did Jesus direct Paul to meet?
Proven by your Bible, Jesus Christ will knock on the door of the hearts of sincere people (like Paul and Cornelius (Acts chapters 9 & 10 ) & lead them to Acts 15:7-14, Hebrews 13:7,17), the people chosen to bear Jehovah's name.
The name of his God and Father, John 20:17, John 17:26. Matthew 12:15-18.

John 20:30-31 & John 3:16,36, John 17:3 & John 7:16, According to your Bible & According to Jesus Christ, will the teaching of 3 dogheads save anyone ?
grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Acts chapter 10, to whom did God's angel direct Cornelius to meet?
Acts chapter 9, to whom did Jesus direct Paul to meet?
Proven by your Bible, Jesus Christ will knock on the door of the hearts of sincere people (like Paul and Cornelius (Acts chapters 9 & 10 ) & lead them to Acts 15:7-14, Hebrews 13:7,17), the people chosen to bear Jehovah's name.
The name of his God and Father, John 20:17, John 17:26. Matthew 12:15-18.

John 20:30-31 & John 3:16,36, John 17:3 & John 7:16, According to your Bible & According to Jesus Christ, will the teaching of 3 dogheads save anyone ?
grin grin

Whom did God's angel grin grin grin

Who did Jesus grin grin grin grin grin

Lobatan. I don't need to say more. I have asked your brother where his intelligence had gone to all this while. I go shift am to you too. Mr Janosky, I rest my case.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
achorladey:

You always quote you hardly understand them as you contemplate how their conduct turns out imitate their faith. Oga no be YOU MUST ABIDE by it. You are not made to remain as BABES under anyone the reason you are asked to grow up and avoid been tossed here and there by these people you call YOU MUST if you fail to CONTEMPLATE on how their conduct is and turn out.

Paul and Peter a good example Galatians 2 is your reference point. One was contemplating the conduct of the other.

I don talk this matter with you before no dey do shakara over this issue. Your religious leaders can never replace Jesus the highest they can do is AMBASSADORS shikena. They can't stop Jesus from going to wherever he wants to go or reach whomever he wants to.

The Son is still working he said it while on earth paapaa.
Hebrews 13:7,17 is the instructions Cornelius obeyed at Acts chapter 10
The same instructions Paul obeyed at Acts chapter 9:6,9-20,26-28.

Jehovah's holy spirit & angel guides His servants to those interested in the truth of God's word, the same thing happened to Paul and Cornelius.
They were taught and well grounded by Peter and other leaders in the faith.
Bros, investigate am well well
grin grin grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Janosky:

Hebrews 13:7,17 is the instructions Cornelius obeyed at Acts chapter 10 .
The same instructions Paul obeyed at Acts chapter 9.
Bros, investigate am well well
grin grin grin grin

Check the above post and see how everything applies. You have answered the question already, who met who first? Go and read more on AMBASSADORS and see that AMBASSADORS can be recalled but JESUS dem no dey recall Jesus, he get right to reach anybody at anytime. AMBASSADORS work get jurisdiction paapaa. Know your JURISDICTIONS. No do pass your sef. Christ remains the HEAD of his congregation. Kajiko?
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by falseprophet: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
It's been nice chatting with you guys.

My knowledge of bible is getting a little bit rusty and I needed this to refresh my memory and it worked.

This is actually the first time in over 2yrs I discussed bible, am not a religious freak but I believe in Jesus.

I appreciate everyone who have interacted with me wether for or against my viewpoint, no hard feelings.

I am off from this thread to face some serious reality, I might check back in future when I am done kicking life in the a*s.

Thanks everyone, if I have hurted anyone's feelings I am sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

My knowledge of bible is getting a little bit rusty and I needed this to refresh my memory and it worked.

This is actually the first time in over 2yrs I discussed bible, am not a religious freak but I believe in Jesus.

I appreciate everyone who have interacted with me wether for or against my viewpoint, no hard feelings.

I am off from this thread to face some serious reality, I might check back in future when I am done kicking life in the a*s.

All na life's journey. It takes us to wherever at anytime. You push this thread no be small.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by OkCornel(m): 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

Let’s forget denomination and discuss the scriptures.

The goal is for each and everyone of us to be better than we were yesterday.

Our time would be better spent if we discuss critical scriptural matters than arguing with ourselves….or what do you think? smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by OkCornel(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
falseprophet:

On the bolded, I’m on the same page with you. I believe in God, but religion is a big fraud.

Jesus’ worst enemies were religious hypocrites.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
You really understands them! smiley

They're all expecting MaxInDHouse to comment so they can all come after me even the man using double accounts! cheesy

OkCornel:

As expected. Asides the attacks on JW which is boring and stale, what doctrine or biblical matter is up for discussion?
The trolls are making a mess of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 1:17am On Jul 06, 2021
Obongjoe:

Meaning?

Think
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by johnw47: 1:19am On Jul 06, 2021
Janosky:

will the teaching of 3 dogheads save anyone ?
grin grin

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool;

fraud jw janosky

the only ones who even mentions three dog heads are you false jw's
it's what you blasphemously refer to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as

you also call the Holy Ghost: the oly demonic ghost, truly you will have your reward oh heap big mumu foool:

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by johnw47: 1:46am On Jul 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You really understands them! smiley

They're all expecting MaxInDHouse to comment so they can all come after me

even the man using double accounts! cheesy

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool;

false jw mad max

just again pointing out your fearful and insane paranoia:

Rev_21:8  But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers,idolaters, and all liars their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06am On Jul 06, 2021
falseprophet:

It's been nice chatting with you guys. My knowledge of bible is getting a little bit rusty and I needed this to refresh my memory and it worked. This is actually the first time in over 2yrs I discussed bible, am not a religious freak but I believe in Jesus. I appreciate everyone who have interacted with me wether for or against my viewpoint, no hard feelings. I am off from this thread to face some serious reality, I might check back in future when I am done kicking life in the a*s. Thanks everyone, if I have hurted anyone's feelings I am sorry.

You've tried a lot with this account but there's one thing you failed to realise:
There are thousands of different religious groups on this planet, each group is claiming they're worshipers of the true God, they have leaders in each sect directing the affairs of each group, they have developed various forms of standard (conflicting and contradicting) so throughout the earth there is this mixed feelings that it's not necessary you belong to a specific group since everyone knows what is right and wrong. With this any religion that's having a edge above all others will certainly become the main focus as in center of attraction {Matthew 5:13-16} and surely few individuals who wants to be on the highest mountain (pure worship) will drop whatever religion they're born into when they discover the highest.
However envious people who don't care about any standard but strongly believe in their own sense of reasoning will feel hurt seeing humans like themselves each fully prepared to subject himself or herself to just one single Organization. John 15:19, 17:14
That's exactly what you and others are trying to establish here. But as God would have it it has been prophesied in the Bible that in the last days pure worship will rise up above all other forms of worship and people from all races will submissively troop in.
Micah 4:1

Therefore as i said the first time you posted on this thread with this account i will repeat again:

On behalf of the entire association of Jehovah's Witnesses globally, we really appreciate your contribution on this thread because the highlighted in your post below has said it all about God's people! 1Peter 2:12

Thanks for using this account to express your inner feelings and thoughts about JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. May you have PEACE! smiley

falseprophet:

I was born a deeper life, in my adolescence I became a so called "born again" christian and damn I took it too far. Then 2009 came and I met a JW girl who made me got interested in Watchtower teachings, out of curiosity I started studying with them and sometimes attend meetings, but I learned more reading every available literature, both online and offline. At first it was intriguing and a whole world of new knowledge opened for me, my sense of reasoning became wide and ultimately I now understand basic truth like trinity hoax, what happens when we die, God's promise of a new earth, etc. As I increased the frequency of meetings and asked more questions, the veil covering the reality in JW organization started wearing off my eyes and I saw the hypocrisy, the cover ups, the inconsistencies, the ever changing truth with new light, so many unscriptural practices, double standards, and finally I see that they became what they preached against at inception! I was really hurt knowing all these because at first I thought I have found the truth. I couldn't go back to pentecostal worship because they're even the bigger lie and right now although I believe in Jesus but I no longer attend any organized worship. But if I later see a need to resume going to any worship center JW will be my choice but then I will be seen as an apostate because there's no way am covering up for any sexual abuse for any brother or sister, I will surely report to the authorities, I will not go out for preaching and have my hour recorded for some self appointed "governing body", I will not believe that the governing body is the faithful and descrete slave because they're not, I will not also need additional literatures from watchtower in order to make sense of the scripture, I will not subject myself to "dedicating" myself to Jehovah after I repent and believe in Jesus's ransom because it's unscriptural. In essence, JW is just another christian sect claiming to be "the only way" to salvation, but they're not, Jesus is the only way and I will do my best to follow him without any third party interference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (76) (Reply)

Christians Singles Having Sex / At Last The Fake Pastor Exposed! Who Is Next, Oyedepo? / Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.