Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! (46919 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by johnw47: 7:45am On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Good morning Sir, please if your son ask you this question how will you answer?
Thanks once again you're welcome!

false jw mad max

if my son asked a question i would answer him
i don't give answers to satan's mob though

once you post your study i will point out some of your lies there if any

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2021
Obviously you have no idea so wait till tomorrow @ 2pm!

johnw47:

false jw mad max
if my son asked a question i would answer him
i don't give answers to satan's mob though
once you post your study i will point out some of your lies there if any

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by johnw47: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Obviously you have no idea so wait till tomorrow @ 2pm!

false jw mad max

lies are your only comeback, of course
what's obvious is you are puffed up and confused, still

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a
murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by johnw47: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

queer/insane way of replying, wrapping your reply in a quote box

but then you false jw's always were deceivers, weren't you oh unstable one

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, once again you are all welcome! smiley

Watch guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9_ctbaMIfQ
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The other time i opened a thread addressed to only JWs, so many commentators flow in to start arguing but since i told them no JW will entertain any questions on that particular thread they all grew annoyed with rage and after displaying their rage they left.

So i know how to handle people who only feel like arguing fruitlessly when serious issues are at hand.

I believe there is no one having anything tangible to ask for the moment! smiley

You are looking for one religious group that has lied repeatedly like the JW manipulative group, lead to the death of many ex-JW due to flipping changing JW organization doctrines

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Whatever you here me tell you about Jesus is exactly the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses.
It's further learning that you're demanding not how JWs view Jesus presently.
He was ONCE
©the first angel God created.
©the chief of all angels.
©a baby in the womb of a virgin.
©a smart teenager.
©a carpenter.
©Jewish religious teacher.
©wise Counselor.
©a God in human flesh.
©a dying man on the torture stake.
©a dead man buried among the rich.
©a resurrected spirit being.
©a spiritual lamb before God in heaven.
©sitted at God's right hand side in heaven.

But today he is now a crowd Prince and King ruling God's organization both in heaven and on earth!
We are declaring his Kingdom until he comes to destroy all enemies of his righteous rule on planet earth.
So going doing the memory lane Jesus WAS all the mentioned, therefore if you meet a JW who told you Jesus WAS a "dying man on the torture stake" or "God in human flesh" it doesn't mean he is still in that same position now because God has given him the highest authority both in heaven and on earth so apart from God his father Jesus is above all! 1Corinthians 15:20-28
May you have PEACE! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvpUDENg93M
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
You are welcome to the thread Sir!
We are discussing about something important and we'll like to know what you have in mind regarding the topic.

RussellRutherfo:

You are looking for one religious group that has lied repeatedly like the JW manipulative group, lead to the death of many ex-JW due to flipping changing JW organization doctrines

Countdown! smiley
MaxInDHouse:
I want to believe that our friends are making their research before airing their views on the topic.
Image123
Emusan
true2god
MightySparrow
OkCornel
enilove
hupernikao
Splinz
maximunimpact
johnw47
RussellRutherfo
Now is the time to air your view on the topic.

MaxInDHouse:
According to the Bible book of Genesis 1:28

Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

The colored says "Be fruitful and become many" now one of my Bible students asked the question:
"if truly God instructed us to bear Children, how come some servants of God in Bible times never had children?"

So let's deliberate on this as the first topic of our Bible study! smiley

So for the next 13 hours no member of JW should drop a single comment, please let's listen to others for now.
The thread will be open for JWs by
Sunday 11th 2021 @ 2.00 pm!
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
According to the Bible book of Genesis 1:28

Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

The colored says "Be fruitful and become many" now one of my Bible students asked the question:
"if truly God instructed us to bear Children, how come some servants of God in Bible times never had children?"

So let's deliberate on this as the first topic of our Bible study! smiley

Okay, so i said i'll be back to reply this question. Firstly though, i need to state that i am not into the topic of the thread ( Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses!), neither do i really agree with the goal of showing who has the best Bible "study" or question answering skills, or of who is the one only and most XYZ group in the world etc. However, in the Spirit of Christ, and of making peace in which i was asked the question, i'll proceed with these.

Genesis 1v28 in a couple of translations below,

-(ASV)  And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(BBE)  And God gave them his blessing and said to them, Be fertile and have increase, and make the earth full and be masters of it; be rulers over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing moving on the earth.

-(CEV)  God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control. Rule over the fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, and every animal on the earth.

-(ESV)  And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

-(GNB)  blessed them, and said, "Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals.

-(GW)  God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the earth, and be its master. Rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."

-(KJV)  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(RV)  And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(WEB)  God blessed them. God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

-(Webster)  And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living animal that moveth upon the earth.

-(YLT)  And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping upon the earth.'

As can be seen in the different translations, the message still shines through to man to have dominion. It is a message to all of humanity. It is a clear plan and task for man to accomplish. MAN in this case does not refer to one man or to every single man, but to humanity collectively. Evidently, we cannot all be fishermen or hunters in ab attempt to rule over fish or fowls. that is not what the verse is saying, and it is funny to assume that every single man must fill the earth or travel around the earth or "bear children". Jesus Christ is very clear and explicit about it and there is no one in a better position to tell us about every man's ability and capacity.

Mat_19:12  For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Eunuchs are of course not capable of having biological children. Yet, Jesus says that God created some as eunuchs from their mother's womb, and that some others are justifiably eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. So again, God is not commanding every single man or woman to as a must bear biological children. Neither is there some sort of punishment awaiting people who do not have biological children. God will not tell you to do what you cannot do, it is inconsistent with His nature and Word.
Among many other things, what God was saying in Genesis 1v28 was that man was not expected to just stay in the garden of Eden, but to spread across the earth. Some people tried to stay put at the tower of Babel though. This is man usually though, too much sense can literally kill man. What animals will do by instinct, man's sense will fight and delay. Who in his right senses will leave Eden and go to some unfavourable weather to build Canada or Dubai? But we thank God for the command and even push. God said, go and replenish the earth. That is, go and remake what you have seen here in other places all over. Make everywhere a beauty and under the control of man, not animals.
There are many ways in which we can be fruitful and multiply. Like i have earlier said, it is not by everyone becoming a fisherman or hunter or impregnating people's daughters. We can multiply wisdom, multiply innovation, multiply knowlegde, share ideas, working business models and economies. The way things work well in developed places can be multiplied. The way people have healthcare, electricity, fresh food, cheap commodities and water in some parts of the world can be replenished in every other part of the world. And of course spiritually(which is where some think is some kind of revelation), we can be fruitful and multiply. Elijah can produce not just Elisha but Elishas, Paul and Peter can produce other apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ can produce disciples in multitude without necessarily having biological offspring. And so on and forth. This is an amplification of the verse. Anyone else can further amplify it in line with the whole counsel of God.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Noted, thanks Sir JWs will join in the next 12 hours!

Image123:

Okay, so i said i'll be back to reply this question. Firstly though, i need to state that i am not into the topic of the thread ( Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses!), neither do i really agree with the goal of showing who has the best Bible "study" or question answering skills, or of who is the one only and most XYZ group in the world etc. However, in the Spirit of Christ, and of making peace in which i was asked the question, i'll proceed with these.

Genesis 1v28 in a couple of translations below,

-(ASV)  And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(BBE)  And God gave them his blessing and said to them, Be fertile and have increase, and make the earth full and be masters of it; be rulers over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing moving on the earth.

-(CEV)  God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control. Rule over the fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, and every animal on the earth.

-(ESV)  And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

-(GNB)  blessed them, and said, "Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals.

-(GW)  God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the earth, and be its master. Rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."

-(KJV)  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(RV)  And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

-(WEB)  God blessed them. God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

-(Webster)  And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living animal that moveth upon the earth.

-(YLT)  And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping upon the earth.'

As can be seen in the different translations, the message still shines through to man to have dominion. It is a message to all of humanity. It is a clear plan and task for man to accomplish. MAN in this case does not refer to one man or to every single man, but to humanity collectively. Evidently, we cannot all be fishermen or hunters in ab attempt to rule over fish or fowls. that is not what the verse is saying, and it is funny to assume that every single man must fill the earth or travel around the earth or "bear children". Jesus Christ is very clear and explicit about it and there is no one in a better position to tell us about every man's ability and capacity.

Mat_19:12  For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Eunuchs are of course not capable of having biological children. Yet, Jesus says that God created some as eunuchs from their mother's womb, and that some others are justifiably eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. So again, God is not commanding every single man or woman to as a must bear biological children. Neither is there some sort of punishment awaiting people who do not have biological children. God will not tell you to do what you cannot do, it is inconsistent with His nature and Word.
Among many other things, what God was saying in Genesis 1v28 was that man was not expected to just stay in the garden of Eden, but to spread across the earth. Some people tried to stay put at the tower of Babel though. This is man usually though, too much sense can literally kill man. What animals will do by instinct, man's sense will fight and delay. Who in his right senses will leave Eden and go to some unfavourable weather to build Canada or Dubai? But we thank God for the command and even push. God said, go and replenish the earth. That is, go and remake what you have seen here in other places all over. Make everywhere a beauty and under the control of man, not animals.
There are many ways in which we can be fruitful and multiply. Like i have earlier said, it is not by everyone becoming a fisherman or hunter or impregnating people's daughters. We can multiply wisdom, multiply innovation, multiply knowlegde, share ideas, working business models and economies. The way things work well in developed places can be multiplied. The way people have healthcare, electricity, fresh food, cheap commodities and water in some parts of the world can be replenished in every other part of the world. And of course spiritually(which is where some think is some kind of revelation), we can be fruitful and multiply. Elijah can produce not just Elisha but Elishas, Paul and Peter can produce other apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ can produce disciples in multitude without necessarily having biological offspring. And so on and forth. This is an amplification of the verse. Anyone else can further amplify it in line with the whole counsel of God.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Noted, thanks Sir JWs will join in the next 12 hours!

Up to you. 2pm looks more like 24hrs though at my end here.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2021
YES that's correct Sir!

Image123:

Up to you. 2pm looks more like 24hrs though at my end here.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You are welcome to the thread Sir!
We are discussing about something important and we'll like to know what you have in mind regarding the topic.

Countdown! smiley

The topic is of no importance to me.

I must not be compelled to talk about what you want so you can regurgitate for me what the 8-Men Realtor have asked you all to say.

I would rather we discuss how at this year's "Powerful by Faith" Convention.

The Governing Body is literally now begging for GENEROUS DONATIONS grin to be made online at donate.jw.org

grin grin
What happened?!!

I would love every JW to discuss how the WatchTower Babble Crap and Tract Society is now literally begging for funds online now like some Televangelists that they usually attack in past JW publications. I would rather we discuss that and many of the funny silly stuff observed at this year's JW Convention Propaganda Summit.

Image123
Emusan
true2god
MightySparrow
OkCornel
enilove
hupernikao
Splinz
maximunimpact
johnw47

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
You can start your own thread with that and interested persons will join you Sir! smiley

RussellRutherfo:

The topic is of no importance to me.

I must not be compelled to talk about what you want so you can regurgitate for me what the 8-Men Realtor have asked you all to say.

I would rather we discuss how at this year's "Powerful by Faith" Convention.

The Governing Body is literally now begging for GENEROUS DONATIONS grin to be made online at donate.jw.org

grin grin
What happened?!!

I would love every JW to discuss how the WatchTower Babble Crap and Tract Society is now literally begging for funds online now like some Televangelists that they usually attack in past JW publications. I would rather we discuss that and many of the funny silly stuff observed at this year's JW Convention Propaganda Summit.

Image123
Emusan
true2god
MightySparrow
OkCornel
enilove
hupernikao
Splinz
maximunimpact
johnw47

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, once again you are all welcome! smiley

MightySparrow:
1 In the beginning was the Archangel Michael and the Archangel Michael was with God, and the Archangel Michael was God. 2 The same ( archangel Michael) was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him (archangel Michael); and without him (Archangel Michael) was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him (Archangel Michael) was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a Archangel Michael is born, unto us a Archangel Michael is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Archangel Michael shall be called Everlasting Father.

John 5: 23
That all men should honour the Archangel Michael, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Archangel Michael honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

This is the kind of thing jehova witness preach does it not sound satanic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
Image123:

You exhibit pride every single post in which you insinuate your denomination as the only true and best denomination. You exhibit hypocrisy by pretending to be respectful and loving when we that know you know that you are only setting a trap for people to buy Awake. i have tried to explain succintly to you.

This is something predominant with JWs.
They yap same regurgitated balderdash from same source and grin appluad themselves as making a whole lot of "sense" and get angry when you won't just swallow hook, line and sinker the regurgitated balderdash they picked from their Governing Body.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
Image123:

Stop clowning around, you are not Jesus Christ, are you? God is incomparable, He is the way, the truth and the life. You are not. Jesus never went around telling others that He is the only good one, or that only people following Him about are good.
Mar 9:38  And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 
Mar 9:39  But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Your denomination has indoctrinated you otherwise. You are proud.
Now, will you accept money for your magazines or not?

grin grin

This year's "Powerful by Faith" Convention Propaganda Summit that they held online. You know that they were unable to sell their Magazines offline at the different stadiums where they usually gathered people at so they were openly begging online for GENEROUS DONATIONS to be made at donate.jw.org this year.

This COVID-19 thing affected their magazine and real estate business badly plus they are getting more exposed in the developed world for their several Child abuse covered up cases.

Na only African JW brothers like MaxDintheHouse and his fellow Ignorant African brothers the Governing Body still dey deceive. In the West they are getting slammed left and right with lawsuits for their child abuse cover and shunning nonsense that they previously castigated the Catholic Church for doing what is unbiblical but years after changed themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by omojeesu(m): 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2021
May Jehovah deliver you from your blindness! Jesus an angel?

Hebrews

1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Conclusion:

Jesus is God-kind in origin, in essence and not angel-kind. He is neither an angel nor Archangel Michael.

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well the one and only issue Jesus had with the religious leaders of his time is telling them nobody can see God except through him {John 14:6} so if you're expecting his true followers to say otherwise then i'm afraid you don't know Jesus! John 15:19
We are not saying we are the only good people in the world, of course there are good people in all the religions on this planet but when it comes to the one and only group that knows how to practice pure worship then there's no other than JWs. That's what we are saying!

Remember that during the time God chose the nation of Israel there are good people in all other lands but the one and only nation that knows the only true God is Israel. So even if there are nice and kind people like TB Joshua trying to practice Christianity the best way they feel their form of worship is unacceptable to God because it can't produce the FRUIT.
You've been trying to falsify TB Joshua's ministry but if you can't explain how the FRUIT works then your continuous criticism against that man's church is HYPOCRITICAL! smiley

Seriously!!;

grin grin grin

What fruit?!!!

False Prophecies and plagiarization of the Seventh Day Adventists Millerite false prophecy movement which later graduated into what is now know as WatchTower society.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

MightySparrow:1 In the beginning was the Archangel Michael and the Archangel Michael was with God, and the Archangel Michael was God. 2 The same ( archangel Michael) was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were undecidedmade by him (archangel Michael); and without him (Archangel Michael) was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him (Archangel Michael) was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a Archangel Michael is born, unto us a Archangel Michael is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Archangel Michael shall be called Everlasting Father.John 5: 23
That all men should honour the Archangel Michael, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Archangel Michael honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.This is the kind of thing jehova witness preach does it not sound satanic

You people are still carrying this thing on your head as if someone is forcing you to believe that Jesus is Michael in his prehuman state.
Jesus being the archangel Michael doesn’t detract from the fact that God exalted him to a superior position and gave him considerable authority as King, Judge, High Priest etc. See Luke 1:31-33, John 5:22, Hebrews 6:20
BUT he is still God’s Chief Agent (ar·khe·gosʹ) Acts 5:31
And that’s what the term ‘archangel’ (arkhangelos) means, i.e. chief messenger or chief of the angels. Daniel 10:13
Even Jesus himself with his mouth said he was sent on an errand by his Father. John 6:38

But then again, no Jehovah’s Witness will ever knock on your door and begin to preach to you telling you that Jesus is the archangel Michael. It is a conclusion that each of us personally drew from careful examination of the Scriptures.

In fact, one instance which I fancy is Daniel 12:1 where Michael is said to take action during a future great distress/tribulation and Jesus himself later referred to that great tribulation(Matthew 24:21) and even said it would be him(the Son of Man) who would take action during that time. Matthew 24:30

This is just one out of a few instances that proves to me that Jesus is the archangel Michael but if you feel that the Witnesses are wrong, fine, what you can do is put up your arguments that are strongly convincing why you think it should not be so but trust me all these cheesy and tacky ways of putting up arguments will not do you any good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
omojeesu:
May Jehovah deliver you from your blindness! Jesus an angel?
Hebrews
1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Conclusion:
Jesus is God-kind in origin, in essence and not angel-kind. He is neither an angel nor Archangel Michael.

DappaD:

Hebrews 1:9
NET Bible
“You love justice and hate evil. For this reason God, your God has anointed you with the oil of joy, elevating you above your companions.

International Standard Version
“You love justice and hate wickedness. That is why God, even your God, has anointed you rather than your companions with the oil of gladness.”

Darby Bible
“Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness; therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy companions.

Please who are the companions of Jesus? Hebrews 1:4,13 answers this to be the angels. Why do we say so? Because Jesus is God's firstborn Son(Colossians 1:15-16) while the angels are his other sons who do his will(Psalm 103:20, Hebrews 1:14)

So I'm certain that Hebrews 1:9 should be able to clear up the confusion because that place said that Jesus was elevated to a higher position above his peers/companions[the angels] . See Philippians 2:9-11 also.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, continue DECEIVING yourself & LYING grin

Malachi 3:1
1599 Geneva Bible

3 1 Of the messenger of the Lord, John Baptist, and of Christ’s office.

1 Behold, I will send my [a]messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord whom ye seek, shall speedily come to his Temple: even the [c]messenger of the Covenant, whom ye desire: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Footnotes
a. Malachi 3:1 This is meant of John Baptist, as
Christ expoundeth it, Luke 7:27.
b. Malachi 3:1 Meaning, Messiah, Ps. 40:1, 7;
Dan. 9:17, 25.

c. Malachi 3:1 That is, Christ, by whom the covenant was made and ratified, who is called the Angel or messenger of the covenant, because he reconcileth us to his father and is Lord or king, because he hath the government of his Church."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Malachi 3:1
Amplified Bible

The Purifier
3 “Behold, I am going to send My [a]messenger, and he will prepare and clear the way before Me. And the Lord [the Messiah], whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; the [b]Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, [/b]behold, He is coming,” says the Lord of hosts.(A)

Footnotes
a.Malachi 3:1 This is fulfilled in John the Baptist (Matt 11:10; Mark 1:2; Luke 1:76).

[b]b.Malachi 3:1 The Messiah as God’s representative will confirm and establish the covenant (see Is 42:6).
++++++++++++++++++
Jesus is the messenger/Angel of the covenant , Geneva Bible talk am since 1599 & Amplified Bible, your Trinity mentors confirm it.

As long as you go do that assignment wey Yahweh send you, whether you are human being or spiritual being, you are Yahweh's angel doing Yahweh's command.

Bros, go & quarrel with your Trinity mentors
for exposure of your fallacies.

grin grin grin grin

This guy and Stephen Lett. I don't know who thrives better at idiocy. I can only imagine you look as imbecilic as Stephen Lett and his facial expressions on TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
DappaD:

You people are still carrying this thing on your head as if someone is forcing you to believe that Jesus is Michael in his prehuman state.
Jesus being the archangel Michael doesn’t detract from the fact that God exalted him to a superior position and gave him considerable authority as King, Judge, High Priest etc. See Luke 1:31-33, John 5:22, Hebrews 6:20
And that’s what the term ‘archangel’ (arkhangelos) means, i.e. chief messenger or chief of the angels. Daniel 10:13
Even Jesus himself with his mouth said he was sent on an errand by his Father. John 6:38

But then again, no Jehovah’s Witness will ever knock on your door and begin to preach to you telling you that Jesus is the archangel Michael. It is a conclusion that each of us personally drew from careful examination of the Scriptures.

In fact, one instance which I fancy is Daniel 12:1 where Michael is said to take action during a future great distress/tribulation and Jesus himself later referred to that great tribulation(Matthew 24:21) and even said it would be him(the Son of Man) who would take action during that time. Matthew 24:30

This is just one out of a few instances that proves to me that Jesus is the archangel Michael but if you feel that the Witnesses are wrong, fine, what you can do is put up your arguments that are strongly convincing why you think it should not be so but trust me all these cheesy and tacky ways of putting up arguments will not do you any good.
We are saying the same thing: God exalted him to his own class - God. John 1:1
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
AkinwaleJJ:
The funny thing about misinformed Churchgoers is how they are excited each time they have the opportunity to debate with JWs but whenever it comes to their fellow Churchgoers it's always.

ISU ATA YAN-AN YAN-AN

YAM PEPPER SCATTER SCATTER!

Despite all their hypocritical display of affection, they can't come up with one line of thought! Luke 11:23 smiley

All these cult group that are always consoling themselves as the "truth".

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

MightySparrow:
1 In the beginning was the Archangel Michael and the Archangel Michael was with God, and the Archangel Michael was God. 2 The same ( archangel Michael) was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him (archangel Michael); and without him (Archangel Michael) was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him (Archangel Michael) was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Isaiah 9:6

Archangel Michael shall be called Everlasting Father.

John 5: 23
That all men should honour the Archangel Michael, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Archangel Michael honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

This is the kind of thing jehova witness preach does it not sound satanic
Aha, which Satanic. Archangel Michael was in the beginning with God.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
MightySparrow:

We are saying the same thing: God exalted him to his own class - God. John 1:1

1Corinthians 15:27,28

‘For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone’

As simple as that.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
DappaD:

No vex now. We are saying the same thing. I only expatiate on two scriptures. Let me add another.

Dan 10: 13
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Michael is just one of the princes in his own class. He was first created, then he created tho others in his class, the other things.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
hupernikao:

You aren't yet to study the scriptures as a book.

Only Michael as archangel?
This error alone flaws all your other explanation, hence I won't address them. Go back and do your proper study of angels in the bible.

Daniel 10:13
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, ONE OF the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

One (echad). One among others.
Chief (arch). A leader. One of the first. The commander.

So go and read properly before you start discussing about angels. It's clear you haven't done your homework well.

I guess also when Satan was referred to having is own angels, he must be have translated to Michael then.

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

I guess Michael is fighting Michael.

God was spoken of as "God and his angels". I guess God changed to Michael since its only Michael that command angels.

So, since you are interpreting bible as 1+1=2 then

Michael is Michael
Jesus is Michael
God is Michael
Satan is Michael

Since they were all referred as having their angels. This is your line of thought with you will still denied as select the one that suit you.

Like I told you, your issues is that you read bible to suit your imagination. Hence neglecting the language and events surrounding the text makes you a poor reader. Correct this.

You are so on point here.

These JW Bible misinterpreters have their special bible exegesis and gymnastics that they flip through severally to always arrive at their false teachings.

If you didn't show here that Michael is one of the Chief or Archangels. They would keep throwing all these misinterpreted bible verses in your face just to distract one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The question is where is the name 'Jesus' mentioned in that book? smiley

grin
You will comment and also like your comment by your very self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by RussellRutherfo: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Your stand on the matter is clear to everyone but what we are saying here is that from Genesis to Revelation the messenger coming to redeem mankind is God's Son (not God Himself)
[s]This messenger will serve as the lamb to be sacrificed for sin and there must be a recipient who will approve this sacrifice. So you can't expect any sane person to agree with you that the one offering the sacrifice (Highpriest) is the same recipient who will also approved the sacrifice.[/s]
That's where your perception on this matter is totally flawed.
Of course Jesus was a man born on this planet and before then there has never been anyone bearing that name. We believe that the person who came to be born as Jesus has been existing before Adam and so he must be a spirit being therefore if the Bible says this person is sent by the most high God it simply means he must be one of God's messengers in heaven (angels) not God Himself. As that will nullify the idea of having being sent by someone greater.
Throughout Jesus' life on earth he always refer to the person who sent him as "FATHER" while the one who sent and approved him always refer to Jesus as "SON"
Finally for you to convince any right thinking person on what you're saying, you have to present where your theory is being put to good use and it's benefits otherwise you're just another deluded and misinformed religionst! undecided

[size=8pt][/size]

You sound confused.

JW still will say that Jesus is not only the sacrificial lamb but also the High Priest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

You are so on point here.

These JW Bible misinterpreters have their special bible exegesis and gymnastics that they flip through severally to always arrive at their false teachings.

If you didn't show here that Michael is one of the Chief or Archangels. They would keep throwing all these misinterpreted bible verses in your face just to distract one.

The bible is so vast there is nothing any one can not manipulate with it I told one guy if he knows that I can show him where stealing is acceptable in the Bible he was shocked when

I showed it to him and I told him if he was not strong in laws of Christ he would think that stealing is acceptable people should know without having the holy spirit to teach you the Bible

as Jesus said he will guide you in to all things and remind you of things without having him by your side you will manipulate the Bible that what this cult jehova witness are doing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (76) (Reply)

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / Before Your Son Brings Another Son As His Wife, Wake Up - Bishop Oyedepo / Reverend Sister's Dance Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.