Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend (1699 Views)

Please Help Me Judge This Case Between Me And My Girlfriend!! / Please Help Me Judge, Is My Fiancee A Wife Material Or Not . / Aisha Laah, Lady Whose Fiance Married Her Close Friend, Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by EmekaBlue(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2021
I won't waste your time and i will make this very brief!

I have a friend who's shop rent expires in a month time, he is currently searching for help on how to pay his rent of 100k/year.

Before now, this my friend sometimes ask me for little financial help and i usually assist him either full or partly and also when i hit on a side supply which i always announce to him i dash him like 20k or sometimes 10k inside, we are good friends like that but he has never dashed me a dime except like twice he bought drinks for me when we were watching his man u matches... But now I'm also not financially stable so we were discussing about his rent issue...he said he has been able to save 50k But looking for how to get the remaining 50k. So i asked him to lend me 15k and i will double it in 10days, it's part of solving his problem before the time of his payment reach...he knows i get my salary around that time as i work with a chinese firm who normally pays 30days from when u start...like if u start on the 10th of a month u likely get ur salary on the 10th of the other month something like that.

This my friend outrightly refused and made a statement which made me felt like posting this because i am on the verge of hardening my mind and barely trying to help friends if they can reason this way. It seems they just use me

Statement he made- I thought u get better talk sef

The statement made me feel like a fool when i normally give this guy my own hard earned money but even an investment offer kinda where he gets 15k he made it clear he is smart and I'm a mumu that can part way with my money anyhow
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Hez143(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2021
I don bend down tire
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Bola146(f): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Mekudi: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
Where is the screenshot
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by SportsHD: 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
I prefer make you injure me
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Theboy21: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
And you still call him a friend, cut him off Asap cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by WoundedLamb: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
It's easy to see why you're so upset given his utterance. Sometimes, we say things thinking our friends understand forgetting they have feelings too. But you also made a difficult request. Please, I'm not supporting or defending him. I'm only offering an alternative perspective, which I think is why you created this thread. Perhaps, your friend didn't think you'd seriously make that request at that moment and that's why he brushed it aside.

It's like you complaining your school fee isn't complete yet and that you need to pay before the exams start in a few weeks, and then a friend asking you to give him the cash you've got to double. Only a few people would take that risk. And if something goes wrong, the same people asking you to discard your friend here will be the ones calling him a fool for bargaining with the money he couldn't afford to lose.

What I am trying to say is, don't be quick to compare what you've been doing for your friend with what you asked him to do. You gave him money you could afford. By this, I mean you gave him money from your extra cash after taking care of your pressing needs. But you're asking him to violate the first rule of investment: invest only what you can afford to lose. Business-wise, that doesn't sound so smart. The truth is, even though he's got the cash, he simply can't afford the money you're requesting.

Besides, you didn't just ask him for the money cause you've got some needs. It was more or less a way of helping him out. Since it was clearly for for his own benefit, it could be deducted that him not giving it to you is not just because he didn't want to help you and thereby helping himself (he wouldn't be stingy to himself at this moment). He must have weighed his options and realized the bargain was way beyond his risk appetite.

Again, the response wasn't really encouraging but it could just be a communication error given his state of mind. Let's not let emotions run high. Good friends are difficult to find. If he's really a good friend to you, you would know. Nairaland people don't know a thing about your relationship with him, it would be easy for us to say, "cut him off!".

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
I'm watching this story closely and I already have my suspicion where it will lead to.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by b3llo(m): 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
Some people don't know how to talk. If am you I will ignore him n refuse to render any form of assistance henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by dtruth50: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
From my point of view, he didn't meant what he said, he take it as a play. and if i were that your friend i don't think i can lend u d money also bcs that is a risk. What if something happened that u are unable to return his money?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by eazzzy1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
Someone is looking for 50k to balance his rent, you are telling him to give you 15k out of the one he has? What if they don’t pay you before he needs the money? He’s looking for ways to add to the money, you are looking for ways to reduce it.

You were very wrong to demand 15k from his yet to be complete rent. I would have reacted way worse than he did.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by bigpicture001: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
Humans and money...money value killing relationships ,killing freindships,killing families

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Goldbw122(m): 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
Take heart bro don't worry Still do good e get why
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2021
dtruth50:
What if something happened that u are unable to return his money?

He said he will pay him when he get his salary...

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
He only said that After this what else did he say? He didn't say he won't give u the money
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by extol1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:
It's easy to see why you're so upset given his utterance. Sometimes, we say things thinking our friends understand forgetting they have feelings too. But you also made a difficult request. Please, I'm not supporting or defending him. I'm only offering an alternative perspective, which I think is why you created this thread. Perhaps, your friend didn't think you'd seriously make that request at that moment and that's why he brushed it aside.

It's like you complaining your school fee isn't complete yet and that you need to pay before the exams start in a few weeks, and then a friend asking you to give him the cash you've got to double. Only a few people would take that risk. And if something goes wrong, the same people asking you to discard your friend here will be the ones calling him a fool for bargaining with the money he couldn't afford to lose.

What I am trying to say is, don't be quick to compare what you've been doing for your friend with what you asked him to do. You gave him money you could afford. By this, I mean you gave him money from your extra cash after taking care of your pressing needs. But you're asking him to violate the first rule of investment: invest only what you can afford to lose. Business-wise, that doesn't sound so smart. The truth is, even though he's got the cash, he simply can't afford the money you're requesting.

Besides, you didn't just ask him for the money cause you've got some needs. It was more or less a way of helping him out. Since it was clearly for for his own benefit, it could be deducted that him not giving it to you is not just because he didn't want to help you and thereby helping himself (he wouldn't be stingy to himself at this moment). He must have weighed his options and realized the bargain was way beyond his risk appetite.

Again, the response wasn't really encouraging but it could just be a communication error given his state of mind. Let's not let emotions run high. Good friends are difficult to find. If he's really a good friend to you, you would know. Nairaland people don't know a thing about your relationship with him, it would be easy for us to say, "cut him off!".

na wa for you oga, ur own input con pass the op write up. abeg summarise wetin u talk
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by WoundedLamb: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
extol1:

na wa for you oga, ur own input con pass the op write up. abeg summarise wetin u talk

It wasn't meant for you.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Chuknovski(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
See friends can be silly sometimes, time won't permit me to enumerate a monologue, but just ditch him and move on, leave his sorry assss to lick his wound alone, him go learn, this is why I no get close Buddy's
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Offpoint1: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
Lol, I dey look for money to complete my rent in less than a month and you want make I still give you 15k inside money wey no complete grin

What if I give you the money and you got hit by a bus when going to work the next day? Or your office collapse? Or there's machine accident at work? Or you die before salary day?

The only time I can take such risks is when life threatening situation is involved...

If your friend can't be blunt with you, who else would he be blunt with?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by extol1(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

It wasn't meant for you.
Pele ooo
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
Its always like that when u always bail people out of their troubles. Dem no dey believe say u dey down sometimes too. That's why lately I only help family members and give outsiders what I can forfeit. People will take everything from u if u let them... Help but use ur brain

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by dtruth50: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
Atteraino:

He said he will pay him when he get his salary...
what if they didn't pay him or something happened to him that is more important than the rent?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2021
dtruth50:
what if they didn't pay him or something happened to him that is more important than the rent?

bro make i yarn... Shea u de feel me ba, if u get real nigga wea be say he the always help u in times of need, make u too no follow forget am when he need your help... Make u sef no forget say this levels na scratch my back i scratch your back oh

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by halogate: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2021
"..I will give u back next month"...naim don turn 2 years. undecided
".. borrow me, I want to fix my car, I will give u when I get salary"...naim don enta 7yrs grin
"..borrow me, I will give u next week Tuesday"..naim don enta 6 months lipsrsealed
".. borrow me, I will give u back by December,..na June we dey so.. undecided
..just to mention a few.

Op..if something happen u con disappoint am, nko?..pkata pkata na "sorry" u go talk.
..a bird in hand if far better than 2 in the bush.
.. person dey look for how to complete money, u are asking him to give u inside. Even me no go take u serious!!
If u wan help am...help am.
#Lemme add this..that u are "dashing" him money does not make him indebted to u., Na ur choice,.
When u expect a favor in return then the aim of the gift is no longer altruistic. That's why I like to return favors/gifts..so we go dey play 1:1 draw
.. before pple like u (no vex) begin dey talk say I never do anything for them.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by padi94(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
Pls why would someones comment be longer than the Original Post. Guy be careful o.
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by danexah831: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2021
Theboy21:
And you still call him a friend, cut him off Asap cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by Lilpen3758: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
Chuknovski:
See friends can be silly sometimes, time won't permit me to enumerate a monologue, but just ditch him and move on, leave his sorry assss to lick his wound alone, him go learn, this is why I no get close Buddy's
Better for you self dey thing na scam

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Judge Or Have Your Say In This Banter With A Close Friend by EmekaBlue(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Beautiful! I grabbed alot to reason here

(1) (Reply)

Ss3 Lagos Student Proposes To His English Teacher / From Wheelbarrow Pusher To Benz Owner: Luke's Grass To Grace Owlette App Story / True Or False. When U Fuk So Many Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.