Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

#twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH (19295 Views)

Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by nograv: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2021
Not sure why anyone bar zombies are celebrating

The leader of nation, makes a post that explicitly makes a call to violence against a specific group. Twitter correctly pulls the post and the lifeless one bans the whole platform.

We all know the northern cabal hated twitter, as ordinary Nigerians used it en masse to criticise the lifeless one and his allies..

Somehow some are trying to pretend this is a social media free speech issue. It isn't..
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by RioCarputo(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist...

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by tutudesz: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
Tutudesz come and read this article.

This was what I was talking about
Seen it already on front page, the technical aspects of job losses is not my specialty. Am a stock trader
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by JooEeL(m): 11:56am On Jun 07, 2021
Deathforall:
Orga am from the north and buhari is a foool and u are also a foool if u think any right thinking human will believe you

There is nothing like North as a bloc. Nothing like Im from the North. There are multiple ethnicities in the north. Bachama, Jukun, Hausa, Kadara, Kambari, Kamuku, Pangu, Bassa, Bauchi, Fulani, Dukawa, Gade, Godara, Ganagana, Dukawa, Mauchi, Ayadi, Ingwai, Dibo, Kadanda, Gulengi, Abishiwa and Shigini etc.

So when I say Sahelian, if you want to fuse yourself as them, no problem.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Ezehillary(m): 11:56am On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Before twitter ban there was high rate of unemployment, so where are the job lost coming from
are you sure you read before posting nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by ufotty2001: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2021
Me that is earning money from Amazon I just wake up one day and hear that Nigeria government have ban amazon.. no be suicide be that
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Chibudollar: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2021
This number is running atm card fraud 08095678786 please call to say hi. Imagine scamming an old woman of her money
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by abokimallam: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bubu care less whether his Twitter ban lead to job losses or not, so long his action does not affect cows and herdsmen.
He is only interested in the herdsmen invading peoples farms and killing them for their cattles.

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
tutudesz:

Seen it already on front page, the technical aspects of job losses is not my specialty. Am a stock trader

No wonder cheesy
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Classicalman(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Seems they are confused and just playing to the gallery because of their hatred and bigotry against PMB as usual .
Twitter itself is a loss making company. How can a company that made a whopping loss of N513 billion last year be the one to grow our economy.
There are still other platforms and even new ones coming in. It's when Nigeria exists that there will be Twitter Nigeria.
I am even surprised at their pretence to hide their bigotry and hatred by ignoring that it holds greater economic prospects now to queue behind FG to make Twitter now to be registered in Nigeria, have a physical office and hire our teeming youths so it can pay tax to Nigeria especially with this new G7 rule that big tech should now pay 15% tax to host countries.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.
Pay tax so that your masters can steal it and pay you N30k monthly zombie money? Just shut up if you're brainless.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Eberex(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Before twitter ban there was high rate of unemployment, so where are the job lost coming from

How will you understand? Blockhead

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by drey076(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:
you didn't read the write up I'm quite sure
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by FBIBOT(m): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Which Twitter ban u guys dey hype now my own Twitter dey open now... Tho I don't sell on it... Facebook Market place and groups are more convenient for me
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by escapefromusa(f): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
nograv:

The leader of nation, makes a post that explicitly makes a call to violence against a specific group. Twitter correctly pulls the post and the lifeless one bans the whole platform.

We all know the northern cabal hated Twitter, as ordinary Nigerians used it en masse to criticize the lifeless one and his allies..

Somehow some are trying to pretend this is a social media free speech issue. It isn't..

Sit on your mouth. Support of domestic terrorism. What about the remarks IPOB/UGM/ESN and Nnamdi Kanu; including other Ibo people have said about Nigeria and Nigerians.

Ok .... you can slap us, but we can't slap you back. You must be outta yo senses boi!

You "people" said Nigeria is a zoo, at war, a failed state, Buhari dead, and so much more. So, why do you even care?

Buhari must have banned twitter from the grave grin
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
nograv:

We all know the northern cabal hated twitter, as ordinary Nigerians used it en masse to criticise the lifeless one and his allies..

He made the call against criminal elements ... those destroying INEC offices and other government establishments.

Are you that dumb that you can't read and comprehend simple English?

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by tutudesz: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

No wonder cheesy
the minister of information, technology, labor and justice are b
Useless undecided this should've sat down to discuss 1st before placing this ban
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by GeneralPula: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Media propaganda..

Audio Job loss..

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by freeborn02: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Look deeply and you will see
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by kutashi: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
fernandez1:
Daft people in the affairs of the country
What a daft comment!
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Farki: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Even your conscience knows that you are not being truthful if you suggest there's a social media ban whenever you remember that only Twitter was suspended and it was for this tweet from the IPOB terrorists leader sir

You think we have forgotten the social media bill abi?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-social_Media_Bill_(Nigeria)

I wonder what kind of stupid lies you expect me to believe? You think everyone is as stupid as you are?

After Buhari's tweet was removed that's when twitter was banned, Nnamdi Kanu was not referenced at all.

https://twitter.com/FMICNigeria/status/1400843062641717249?s=19

Nnamdi Kanu is on Facebook as well saying the same things, why haven't they banned Facebook?

Get sense!

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by techWriter1: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Before tweet moratorium there was high percentage of unemployed so where are the hiring lost coming from

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Farki: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
maasoap:

People like who and who? This is why every sane government wants social media regulation.

Sane government hasn't acted now that courts have been on strike for months.

Sane government lied to the world when news came out about Boko Haram slaughtering farmers like chicken.

But sane government acted immediately when it came to banning social media because the President's tweet was removed.

Continue enjoying sane government.

Sai Baba! cheesy

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37170369

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/12/11/dss-arrests-osun-leader-of-endsars-protesters/

https://www.cfr.org/blog/nigerian-human-rights-activist-arrested-again

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
The ban has nothing to do with the North so fučk the South all he cares
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Churchill6767: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
fk001:
Whatever the ban remains in place

The uncultured influencers that lack moral upbringing should learn their lessons, they know that Twitter is their major source of income instead of them utilizing it well they are busy dragging and insulting their father's age mate and causing unnecessary tension in the country.

STFU...mumu.

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by maasoap(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Farki:

You're right, I love Nigeria as it is and hope Buhari rules indefinitely.

I hope your life is also handled the same way Buhari has handled Nigeria.

Sai Baba!

How's Buhari handling your life? You lost your job or your house? Would you want Buhari to watch helplessly and allow Dorsey to help set the country on fire?
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by bluefilm: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Am I missing something or are people actually working on and earning from twitter in this country

All those DSTV and bank customer care guys I normally chat with are the only ones I know who may claim they are actually working on Twitter...

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by maasoap(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Wow!! I know a few people who did too. No wonder Punch is struggling too.

The editor doesn't know that he has services to sell to the public. Why getting involved in politics of bitterness when he's not a politician? He swore to continue to refer to this administration as regime and Buhari rtd major general all because they were made to pay back the money (brown envelopes) Jonathan shared to them prior 2015 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Northbreed(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pls Buhari should just calculate his total salary for the remaining 2 years and tell us. we will open a GoFundMe & contribute money then give it to him so he can resign. we Tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Farki: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
maasoap:

How's Buhari handling your life? You lost your job or your house? Would you want Buhari to watch helplessly and allow Dorsey to help set the country on fire?

Buhari has turned Nigeria into a massive IDP camp with his non existent leadership.

Buhari that is sleeping when students get kidnapped weekly in this country.

Hundreds are slaughtered in the North and he is touring the UK and hosting talks with Mali.

Jack Dorsey is the one sponsoring Boko Haram and bandits in Nigeria?

Please in the name of whatever you serve just get sense, borrow if you have to.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Masterito(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Obviously you don't know marketing jobs are being lost. Influencer are also out of job. Please which school did you attend or did you even go to school?
oloyedewaris:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by KRSWon: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
maasoap:

So you're saying Nigeria wasn't already massively on fire prior to this Twitter issue?

Boko Haram, Fulani extremists and "bandits" didn't already set Nigeria completely on fire?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/global-terrorism-index-nigerian-fulani-militants-named-fourth-deadliest-terror-group-world-a6739851.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_extremism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herder%E2%80%93farmer_conflicts_in_Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimbo_massacre

What has the federal government done to eliminate the above problems?

What exactly has Jack Dorsey done to Nigeria that is worse than what these people have done?
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
Does the government care?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? / GB Onoh: "Buhari Jailed My Father But I Support Him For 2019" / Osinbajo, Saraki And Ekweremadu At Alex Ekwueme's Night Of Tributes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.