Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

#twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH (19298 Views)

Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by adedehinbo(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
ba7man:
Nonsense talk.

All these enemies of Nigeria that use Twitter to spread fake news and brainwash the masses are in panic mode with this ban because their audience has reduced greatly.

They've switched to emotional blackmail.
not everyone who uses twitter is enemy of Nigeria,see many peoples business is being affected by this ban,we don't create enough job and yet we destroying the one who is putting food on so many families table, seriously if the north doesn't want twitter,they should avoid using it,but many people in the south rely on it.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Davefed(m): 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Before twitter ban there was high rate of unemployment, so where are the job lost coming from
so those that engage in online marketing and sells to earn a living didn't lose their job because of this useless ban?
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by KRSWon: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
bluefilm:
Am I missing something or are people actually working on and earning from twitter in this country

All those DSTV and bank customer care guys I normally chat with are the only ones I know who may claim they are actually working on Twitter...

As the article mentioned, many small businesses use Twitter to advertise (for free) their products and services to potential customers both here and abroad.

Influencers also make money advertising for brands.

Twitter, along with other social media, is also vital for people in the digital marketing and social media marketing industries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_marketing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influencer_marketing
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by KRSWon: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
Edit: Double post
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by errigdee: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lol ... Let's see what happens in remains of the 2 years �
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by bluefilm: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
KRSWon:

As the article mentioned, many small businesses use Twitter to advertise (for free) their products and services to potential customers both here and abroad.

Influencers also make money advertising for brands.

Twitter, along with other social media, is also vital for people in the digital marketing and social media marketing industries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_marketing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influencer_marketing

But facebook is still there as another option?
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by KelvinHerbert: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congratulation to all those that contributed to elect these tyrants into government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Can you try this In a sane country, even in Ghana their president can't do such a thing... you will already see them on the street protesting, tearing everything down... but in Nigeria they will look for free cheap vpn to bypass the ban , tweet and crawl back to their shells.... tomorrow now they will be comparing themselves with South Africa where power belongs to the people
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by ba7man(m): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
adedehinbo:
not everyone who uses twitter is enemy of Nigeria,see many peoples business is being affected by this ban,we don't create enough job and yet we destroying the one who is putting food on so many families table, seriously if the north doesn't want twitter,they should avoid using it,but many people in the south rely on it.
I'd prefer to save my country over some people loosing their business.

The hate from Facebook had flooded the site and Twitter had already been used sucessfully as a test ground for coordinating nationwide violence.

I recommended the shutting down of Twitter to govt handles long before it was to reset people's heads and I'm glad they did.

Let everyone go back to playing candy crush like they did before they discovered Twitter.

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by BJanta: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
KRSWon:

https://punchng.com/twitterban-job-losses-loom-economic-woes-to-worsen-nesg-experts-warn/

The governence of this nation , Nigeria, at the federal level is in the hands of its enemies.But everybody should rest-assured, all this weaklings who think they are powerful and important will all scurry and run away like frightened rats at the sight of cats, when real general uprising begins.Visit the general uprising in the Western Region between 1968 and 69 generally called Agbekoya, the general uprising in the West in 1966 precipitated by widespread election rigging in favour of a candidate favoured by the Northern oligarchy, where prominent political leaders in Western Region and their sympathisers were killed and their properties burnt down which made Gowon to nickname the Western Region as the 'wild,wild West'.It led to the first coup.Gowon also did close to this where he himself never wanted to go and clamped on everyone who opposed his evil regime into the dungeon.Of note among the then blessed freedom fighters of that era were Wole Soyinka, Professor Awojobi of Unilag, Obarogie Ohanbamu,Godwin Daboh, National Union of Nigerian Students and uncountable numbers of gifted vibrant and abrasive columnists.Of special mention are Professor Awojobi who was always going to court , and. Woke Soyinka who was put prison for so long a time that nobody ever thought he would come out alive.And of course, how the'military president for life 'Ibrahim Babangida was shoved aside like empty box of sugar, by the mass uprising that ensued after he annulled the results of the 1993 presidential election.And Abacha, the 'strongman' died like a cockroach , never living to see the fruition of his evil dreams for this nation.So wil it be for the cabal of evil men of this generation manipulating the governance, administration and collective resources of this nation solely for the welfare of the Fulanis and the Kanuris and also for the emancipation of the same tribes to gain ascendancy and supremacy over all other tribes in Nigeria.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by adedehinbo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
ba7man:

The hate from Facebook had flooded the site and Twitter had already been used sucessfully as a test ground for coordinating nationwide violence.

I recommended the shutting down of Twitter to govt handles long before it was to reset people's heads and I'm glad they did.

Let everyone go back to playing candy crush like they did before they discovered Twitter.
everyone playing candy cru
ba7man:

everyone playing candy crush!is that a joke?see no matter how the president seems to do, except the insecurity challenges is totally eradicated, Nigeria co existence will continue to be threatened,it was people that reported the president post,we can't continue being backward if we crave for a good living.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by meobizy(f): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
All these plenty words mean nothing to me because the country was in this state for years on end. The Twitter ban means nothing to the common man. Companies that use the medium to spread dis/information should move to Onlyfans.

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by KRSWon: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
bluefilm:

But facebook is still there as another option?

For small businesses lacking funds in particular (especially in developing countries), they can just send out a tweet for free and take advantage of a trending hashtag to advertise their product or service, as opposed to having to pay for Facebook/Instagram/Twitter ads, or having to pay influencers.

For free, no one has to know the name of your business or what you're selling, or even be aware of the category your product or service belongs to before your message ends up in their mentions, regardless of wherever country they live in. If you typed a good message about your product, or at least something funny, interesting, etc, if what you're offering is something new and interesting, they can click on your tweet and then a link to your webpage or order form on your profile. Users can also retweet your tweet, spreading it further. On Facebook, you can somewhat do the same, but it's bit more limited.

For online marketers, losing access to any of the three main social media platforms limits their potential earnings. Some are even concentrated on or employed to market each on either Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube specifically.

The ironic thing is that Facebook also did the exact same thing that Twitter did to get Buhari angry and have the FG ban Twitter: they deleted Buhari's posts.

Who knows if the FG will ban Facebook as well.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by ba7man(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
adedehinbo:
everyone playing candy cru everyone playing candy crush!is that a joke?see no matter hoh the president seems to do, except the insecurity challenges is totally eradicated, Nigeria co existence will continue to be threatened,it was people that reported the president post,we can't continue being backward if we crave for a good living.
We live in a time where any antagonist can wake up and spread mesaages of hate with ease on social media.

Taking away their voices is a start so they'll realize freedom of speech comes with responsibility.
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Basher8583: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ohibenemma:
This is how to know a clueless government. They celebrate two new investors and scare away eighteen others, and claim an achievement.

No one cares as the 18 have no intention to pay corporate tax to FG.

Running a government is not charity work

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Glozaglobal: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
What's all these noise about banning twitter from aboki's, you people keep misruling, killing, destroying properties, suppressing other ethnic group, abusing human right and rule of law. Now, you people are taking your stupidity outside Nigeria by banning any social media outfit that cannot be bribed and will not support your devilish agenda. All your evil plots will fail, you can only ban twitter in Nigeria not anywhere else, we outside will twit everything/information we get from Nigeria to the whole world. blood sucking demons.

Please Nigerians, do not subscribe to KOO from India, FG brought them and have bribed them, that company will disappoint you all when you need them most. They are even inferior to twitter, if they like they can include all Nigerian language. You know lairs and corrupt organization like KOO, by their fruits you shall know them, else why are they coming into Nigerian now?? cheap Indian company...
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by kutashi: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
What a mumu analysis! grin grin grin
Government did not ban internet! So, where are the job loses coming from?
It seems punch and her 'doom lite analyst' are not getting the point. They're even crying than the bereaved!

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Goke7: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
Paradigm Initiative, a digital advocacy organisation, put the cost of suspending Twitter operations in Nigeria at $250,600 per hour.

“Exactly 24 hours ago, the government of Nigeria announced the suspension of Twitter operations in Nigeria. Since then, the country has lost N2,177,089,051 ($6,014,390) based on the cost of Shutdown Tool. The loss continues at a rate of N90,712,044 ($250,600) every hour,” it said on Saturday.

The company used the NetBlocks Cost of Shutdown Tool to arrive at the estimate. The tool estimates the economic impact of internet disruptions, mobile data blackouts or app restriction using indicators from the World Bank, International Telecommunication Union, Eurostat, and US Census.

These are all lies, why are we like this in this country. Which kind assumptions be this one nah, on top twitter?

Like the way NNPC will tell us we consume over 90 million litres of fuel daily

Make we dey lie dey go, nonsense and rubbish

2 Likes

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Kubernetes: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Businesses will still sell with or without twitter.
Enough of all these false alarm by these so called tech expert.

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by specialmati(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Offpoint1:
BBQ the idiot will disagree
Simply-idiot the idiot will disagree
Sarkill the idiot will disagree
Clickmalu the idiot will disagree
Omental the idiot will disagree
grin grin grin grin i tell you mostly that suya guy. foolishness they learn work where those guys they
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by oloyedewaris(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
Eberex:

How will you understand? Blockhead
Online miscreant
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Dalby(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Before twitter ban there was high rate of unemployment, so where are the job lost coming from

My thoughts exactly. Nigerians go just dey inside room manufacture statiscal figures... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by oloyedewaris(m): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
Elock1:
if you don't make money online, know that other people do
Masterito:
Obviously you don't know marketing jobs are being lost. Influencer are also out of job. Please which school did you attend or did you even go to school?
Davefed:
so those that engage in online marketing and sells to earn a living didn't lose their job because of this useless ban?

I thought there are intelligent people on this site, i never knew it's full of dafts

Nigerians on Twitter are not more than 3 million and the so called influencers can't be more that a hundred thousand, so how come are they loosing over 2 billion in a day and 90 million every hour

Make una use your head naa, if it was a positive news for the country's finance, you Hypocrites will call it audio
Mind you, I'm also engaged in some online transactions but those figures are inflated afterall other social platforms are available

These are just experts analysis and not facts

1 Like

Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by adelaja70(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
oyokometer:
If you were among those that voted for this government,you should be very prayerful because normally e no suppose better for you.

You should Be having headache and bad dreams every night.
And your family members that voted for him too...
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Elock1: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:

I thought there are intelligent people on this site, i never knew it's full of dafts

Nigerians on Twitter are not more than 3 million and the so called influencers can't be more that a hundred thousand, so how come are they loosing over 2 billion in a day and 90 million every hour

Make una use your head naa, if it was a positive news for the country's finance, you Hypocrites will call it audio
Mind you, I'm also engaged in some online transactions but those figures are inflated afterall other social platforms are available

so who you dy cry to now?
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by oloyedewaris(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
Elock1:
so who you dy cry to now?
Your miserable father
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Elock1: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Your miserable father
OK, bye
Get some home training as you run along
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by Davefed(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
oloyedewaris:

I don't blame BMC peeps
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by oloyedewaris(m): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Elock1:
OK, bye Get some home training as you run along
Yeah bye, next time talk sensibly
Re: #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH by EMMY76: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nigeria is a cowrepublic ruled by prehistoric fulaniherdsmen who don't care or understand the implications of this twitter ban.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How US Played Role In 2017 Attack On Displaced Nigerians In Borno– The Intercept / Jonathan Not Involved In Plot To Impeach Me - Nyako / Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.