Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? (2089 Views)

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Akell(m): 10:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
This question is for the honest and sincere minded people.
Can you marry a man like your father?
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
Akell:
This question is for the honest and sincere minded people.
Can you marry a man like your father?
surely

He isn’t perfect though

2 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
NO.

My father and I share the same birthday,and I am a believer in astrology but we are nothing alike(my mom says we are cheesy grin,she may be right to an extent).

I cannot marry a man like my father I love and appreciate all he has done for me and he is one of the most important men in my life but I cannot ever marry a man like my father that is my honest and sincere opinion.

We would end up divorcing that same day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Bola146(f): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
God forbid! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Legalcriminal: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
I know there won’t be positive answer meanwhile many of their father is better than their bf but because he can’t send 2k urgent they forgot the sacrifice the father has made for them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
Fine tall man... With a dazzling smile. Who won't want to marry my Dad?
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by etrange: 12:07am On Jun 08, 2021
Legalcriminal:
I know there won’t be positive answer meanwhile many of their father is better than their bf but because he can’t send 2k urgent they forgot the sacrifice the father has made for them.

Why not let the ladies answer for themselves? Why can't you guys just give ladies a little breathing space. Men were given the room to tackle a similar question onhere and nobody flooded the thread with gender related bickering. Even the ladies that commented on that thread gracefully submitted thier opinions. Now, it's the ladies' turn to answer and you guys can't wait to turn it into another gender bashing thread.

For what it's worth, the sacrifices a man makes for his children doesn't make him a good husband to his wife.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Akell(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Please go to Quilox and order anything. All on me.
etrange:

Why not let the ladies answer for themselves? Why can't you guys just give ladies a little breathing space. Men were given the room to tackle a similar question onhere and nobody flooded the thread with gender related bickering. Even the ladies that commented on that thread gracefully submitted thier opinions. Now, it's the ladies' turn to answer and you guys can't wait to turn it into another gender bashing thread.

For what it's worth, the sacrifices a man makes for his children doesn't make him a good husband to his wife.

9 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Lucrativress(f): 1:12am On Jun 08, 2021
I'm basically looking for 70%
hIs opposite
I'm being nice so let me leave it at 70
Before anyone think it's about the gender none of the two both of them cool
If I'm left with someone exactly my parents character as the last man on Earth I will gladly use my left hand to put the ring on my right finger and marry myself kiss

7 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Draslo(m): 1:15am On Jun 08, 2021
This thread is not obviously not for me. I'm buying old 1xbet accounts. Dm me for some quick bucks.
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:58am On Jun 08, 2021
etrange:

@bold,very true there is a big difference between being a good father and husband or vice versa they are two different roles that should not be conflated.

Some people are good husbands bad fathers or bad husbands good fathers not everyman can take on both roles.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Lucrativress:
I'm basically looking for 70%
hIs opposite
I'm being nice so let me leave it at 70
Before anyone think it's about the gender none of the two both of them cool
If I'm left with someone exactly my parents character as the last man on Earth I will gladly use my left hand to put the ring on my right finger and marry myself kiss
LMAO this is very funny grin grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Cuttycool(f): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2021
Nope

1 Like

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by alitee: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2021
A hundred ND one percent yes...I love him crazy. I cldnt av asked 4 anytin beta...God gave me d best..both me and my sister pray 2 av a husband lyk my dad.
Just lyk I call him, he is my Heaven sent

3 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by NoToPile: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
I love him dearly but the answer is no

He was a very good father to his children but not a good husband to his wives.

2 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
It's 50/50 for me, he is a patient and tolerant man, especially to my mum's excesses, he loves my mum to pieces, satisfies her wants and needs without her asking, and he took really good care of six of us, the only thing I don't like about him is his uncaring attitude, once he switches it on, we all stay clear of him for that period, above all, he's okay, can I marry someone like him? Can't really say.

5 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
Legalcriminal:

What type of thinking is this? Cant you allow ladies to speak for themselves? How old are you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Karleb(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
NO.

My father and I share the same birthday,and I am a believer in astrology but we are nothing alike(my mom says we are cheesy grin,she may be right to an extent).

I cannot marry a man like my father I love and appreciate all he has done for me and he is one of the most important men in my life but I cannot ever marry a man like my father that is my honest and sincere opinion.

We would end up divorcing that same day.
I hate these kind of questions.

As much as I love my parents, I wouldn't want to marry a lady like my mum and I don't want to be a man like my dad. There are things I love about them but I want to be my own person and my future partner should be her own person as well.

I also don't want my future daughters to marry a man like myself and I don't want my future sons to be like me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by wunmi590(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
shocked

I know there would be replicated of the other thread..

Wake me up when it get to the promise land
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by lavylilly: 2:59am On Jun 09, 2021
When you age and start handling adult responsibilities, then you understand your parents more.
You begin to appreciate the sacrifices they made, the decisions they took, the lives they lived, the memories they could make for you.
With time you begin to become your parents too.
You make the same choices too.
Then you know what love means.
Sometimes too, you abandon everything they were and create a new path.
But in all your parents choices makes ypu who you eventually become.
Never forget where you came from. NEVER!

2 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by tunwumi: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2021
alitee:
A hundred ND one percent yes...I love him crazy. I cldnt av asked 4 anytin beta...God gave me d best..both me and my sister pray 2 av a husband lyk my dad.
Just lyk I call him, he is my Heaven sent

You are yet to know the pain your mum is bearing for you to tag him God on earth. But it's good to have once wish granted.

1 Like

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by debbydams(f): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2021
God for bid
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Ginaz(f): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Never . We have same hot spirit when annoyed , same uncaring attitude when we don’t wanna care about anything in the world .

Our marriage will be like a war zone and a deserted island from season to season . grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by pocohantas(f): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Yes, he is a good husband to my mum and a good father to us.

However, my dad has this attitude that will make my yes, no. My dad doesn’t know what is a family secret. Most (if not every family) has secrets. I have cousins that took to drug addiction, one even went mental. I have the one that snatched person horseband and other vices. Their parents never made it known till they couldn't handle it anymore or it got out somehow. Flip this situation and it will be my dad telling the whole LGA that his son has joined bad gang or his daughter wants to give him hypertension.

This attitude has made him borderline a people-pleaser. He is always more concerned about what people will say.

Growing up my mum always quarreled with him over this issue. We were young and naive, we thought she was just a nag, why can’t she let our lovely father have rest. As we grew and started having parts of our lives that we didn’t want to be a discussion at extended family meetings, we also started quarreling with him over it too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Sterope(f): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
Definitely a NO.
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Sterope(f): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
Your post has no bearing on this question whatsoever.

lavylilly:
When you age and start handling adult responsibilities, then you understand your parents more.
You begin to appreciate the sacrifices they made, the decisions they took, the lives they lived, the memories they could make for you.
With time you begin to become your parents too.
You make the same choices too.
Then you know what love means.
Sometimes too, you abandon everything they were and create a new path.
But in all your parents choices makes ypu who you eventually become.
Never forget where you came from. NEVER!

6 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by pocohantas(f): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sterope:
Your post has no bearing on this question whatsoever.

I think say na only me see am. The usual emotional blackmail.
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Sterope(f): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
We can't have this thread in peace without trying to make us feel stupid.

pocohantas:

I think say na only me see am. The usual emotional blackmail.

3 Likes

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Dalil8: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2021
I saw this coming.

I'm not a lady but if i were, I'll definitely marry someone like my dad.

1 Like

Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lord knows I won't try such cause I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

My dad is a narcissist, a sexist, and a brutal man to his wife like most Nigerian men.
I can't abeg.
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by Uglygurl(f): 12:21am On Jun 10, 2021
No!
Never!

A ritualist
A murderer
A wicked man
The whole village curses him.
Neighbouring villages knows about him and his evill deeds.
None of his siblings comes around,he doesn't know his grand children because we all flee.
I don't even know my cousins and other relatives.
He soiled his hands with so much blood.
The money,power and fame he is looking for,I no see�

Stop bike and tell them you are going to our house,be rest assured you are trekking home because nobody goes there.

I don't think there's any sin that this man hasn't committed.
He slept with my friend that came visiting, slept with his blood relations and even his kinsmen's wives.

I don't even wish my enemy to marry his kind.
Re: As A Lady, Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father? by mastermaestro(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2021
Uglygurl:
No!
Never!

A ritualist
A murderer
A wicked man
The whole village curses him.
Neighbouring villages knows about him and his evill deeds.
None of his siblings comes around,he doesn't know his grand children because we all flee.
I don't even know my cousins and other relatives.
He soiled his hands with so much blood.
The money,power and fame he is looking for,I no see�

Stop bike and tell them you are going to our house,be rest assured you are trekking home because nobody goes there.

I don't think there's any sin that this man hasn't committed.
He slept with my friend that came visiting, slept with his blood relations and even his kinsmen's wives.

I don't even wish my enemy to marry his kind.

This one is strong. shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children / When Is The Best Time For A Guy To Have Girlfriend? / Gun For Protection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.