Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria (40521 Views)

Adegboruwa: New Police Dress Code Is Illegal And Should Be Reversed / US Mission In Nigeria Statement On Twitter Ban / Anyone Aggrieved With Travel Ban Should Go To Court – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by plaindealer: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2021
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2021
This same Trump that said we are a shit hole country is giving Buhari a pat on his back for foolishness.

Trump is loyal to no one and expresses some form of obsession for the presidency he lost. He can even stoop low to a lost government of Nigeria.

US government should have just kept silent on the matter, respecting Nigerias overeignty . The way they have taken this matter personally is really showing they have pure distaste for Trump

Trump now feels that he indeed made a mistake for not reacting thesame way Nigeria did, when his updates were being removed by twitter. A further abuse of power , encouraging this Aboki that he is right to have taken that illiterate action

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by stanliwise(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2021
Antoeni:
Una Dey Craze , Una Boundary Reach Nigeria,
Please USA make Una Stay Una Lane.
Nigeria Ban On Twitter, is Disciplinary Measure.
US : You can Plead NOT Command
The title is misleading,

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul,

I don't take quote from fulani Muslims

Next time note my moniker it's public knowledge on nairaland
Will you shattap dia!!!!

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by san316(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2021
Let me ask, If the FG had banned Nairaland, would the US mission in Nigeria have made any statement? would there be this backlash from foreign powers?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Seun360(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
One Aboki was asking how is Twitter a right

Well Freedom of Expression, Association of Legal Bodies, Expression of Opinions is a fundamental human right in every Democracy

Twitter is the largest platform where People can air their opinions easily, a legal body everyone has right to associate with

Essentially Twitter is the right to every Nigerian who wants it

Shut up there Mr. Man
What's the government gain from all those app, do they pay any revenue to the government?
Their will soon be regulation on them before they operate in the country henceforth.

No more business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by plaindealer: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2021
stanliwise:

The title is misleading,

Yes, nothing new on NL.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Solatium(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2021
SavagesWillLose:
The US may soon start imposing sanctions on this regime.

"There are nearly 40 M Twitter users in #Nigeria, and the country is home to Africa's largest tech hub.

This suspension is nothing more than state-sanctioned denial of free speech and should be reversed immediately."

Them no fit come reverse am themselves? one of their source of livelihood had now been touched they are here dishing out empty threat.
Reverse kọ fast forward ni

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 09, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop spreading lies. Tiktok was never banned in the US.

Trump like Buhari ordered the ban but a US court shot it down like a democracy should
Firstly, read carefully to comprehend and if you find it confusing, ask politely so I can explain to you sir. Trump went all out and banned Tiktok, court reversal didn't change that he banned Tiktok and whoever is behind that Twitter handle,even if it is IPOB terrorists using Twitter as haven, did not tell Trump to reverse it. And to Buhari, who you hate with passion and bigotry, didn't ban Twitter. He suspended it and now demands they get registered and licensed to operate in Nigeria.
If it's still not clear, please ask politely, if you are rude, I will either ignore you ,report you or do both. Good morning sir. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.visit www.freestuffsng.com to find free stuff. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by shekauvsbuhari: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2021
HopeSpencer:
Oponu op. One idiot from oyibo slowpoke aired her opinion and you called it US statement.
Half-education is very terrible. Look up and see the official Twitter handle. I am not for or against Twitter anyway. Personally I dislike Twitter because I Twitted somethings and they took away my account. Ever since then I have kept away from their biased platform. However I don't support Buhari banning it because there are folks that like it and do business with it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2021
Hapinex01:
Well Twitter too no try, after having over 40M users in 9ja, yet dey open there site for Ghana, make u self reason am now, na only 4M followers them get for there fah.

To me, 9ja was waiting for opportunity to raise there upset

Na because of your mumu government when fit wake up one morning and take drastic decision na make dem run go saner climate..
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by illitracy: 10:49am On Jun 09, 2021
Twitter is a freedom of expression yet the president cannot express his own expression wtf

Twitter it now paramount to even our president. Keep the fuckers banned.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2021
Gireiboy:

Then, why did they delete the president tweets? after all Twitter is all about free speech right!

Whosoever opened the account for your president didn't read their rules and regulations abi?

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 09, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Firstly, read carefully to comprehend and if you find it confusing, ask politely so I can explain to you sir. Trump went all out and banned Tiktok, court reversal didn't change that he banned Tiktok and whoever is behind that Twitter handle,even if it is IPOB terrorists using Twitter as haven, did not tell Trump to reverse it. And to Buhari, who you hate with passion and bigotry, didn't ban Twitter. He suspended it and now demands they get registered and licensed to operate in Nigeria.
If it's still not clear, please ask politely, if you are rude, I will either ignore you ,report you or do both. Good morning sir. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.visit www.freestuffsng.com to find free stuff. God bless Nigeria

If you spent more time reading other books and news sources instead of cramming Arabic, maybe you will know what is going on in the world.

Let me help you. Trump could not ban TikTok because lawyers and judges would have had a field day with him.

"Six months ago, TikTok was on the verge of being banned in the United States for its alleged ties to the Chinese government. Since then, the social media platform's ban has been pushed back, postponed, and almost completely forgotten about by some. For the time being, TikTok and its massive community of creators and fans seem to be safe from the power of the U.S. government "

https://screenrant.com/tiktok-us-android-ios-app-ban-update-latest/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2021
stanliwise:

Freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech no necessarily guaranteed when it goes against the law.

Stop you shouldn’t stop people from talking and that is what Buhari did
I joined Twitter in 2011 before i joined Nairaland when most of these peeps screaming their heads off were playing Snake on their phones.

I watched it degenerate into the trash it became today with unwarranted nudity, sale of hard drugs, insults, threats, influencers with overbloated egos insulting their parent's agemates, fake news and ethnic profiling.

When it was used to coordinate the near burning down of the country during the Endsars protest with the owner in active support, i knew the enemies of the country were taking notes.

The influx of the IPOB crowd with Jacks silent support was the final straw and i proposed it regularly to Govt handles that it should be shut down to remind everyone of their place in the society.

Life existed in Nigeria before Twitter and will continue after Twitter. We can't keep pressuring the leaders to be better when we keep getting worse.

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Hapinex01: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2021
To me, i think Twitter didn't bring that office here because of security reasons, kidnappings, bandits killings and others. My brother baba jus dey vex for nothing
VaselineCrew:

but doesn’t this ban answer your question?

Won’t federal agents have shut down their offices by now if they in Naija?

What court would they run to?

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by BlackFlamefromP: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2021
Nonsense order, come and reverse the suspension na.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by FuckOsuPigs: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul,

I don't take quote from fulani Muslims

Next time note my moniker it's public knowledge on nairaland

Talking about moniker, do you like mine?

It's talking to you.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by illitracy: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2021
Twitter is the one that suppose to abide by Naija rules not vice versa.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2021
illitracy:
Twitter is a freedom of expression yet the president cannot express his own expression wtf

Freedom of expression doesn't mean you have to tweet without sense? You broke their rules and u pay for it... They did it with their president too.. So tell your old man not to drag 40million Nigerians into his mess because one young America took down his tweet.. Some leaders have been banned for life before and heaven did not fall

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by auwal83(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Twitter ban is here to stay!
Please stop wasting your time. It is time to teach Twitter some lessons.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.

True, and that's why the idiot that occupies the highest office in the land should not be making genocidal threats online.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2021
illitracy:
Twitter is the one that suppose to abide by Naija rules not vice versa.

Hehehe.. The way ona dey reason eh... Let's see where this smartness will lead to.. Last last your mumu government go lift the ban.. We need them more than they need us

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2021
auwal83:

Sanctions are on their way - mark my word. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
If you want free speech, enter street and talk anyhow.

Na street go clear your head with slap lass lass.
Anywhere he chooses to talk his talk be it the street or on Twitter is non of your fucking business

Buhari is a monumental disgrace not only to himself but to the entire continent of Africa .

I know he would lift the Twitter ban before the end of next week because Dem no born am well make he no lift the ban especially now that he has been threatened by the US.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

If you spent more time reading other books and news sources instead of cramming Arabic, maybe you will know what is going on in the world.

Let me help you. Trump could not ban TikTok because lawyers and judges would have had a field day with him.

Cc Seun Myndd44 Lalasticala
Here's a religious bigot.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:
See fake ipob rubbish. Why hide the real Tweeter handle?

Even sef, what's our business and internal affairs got to do with a US bureaucrat?

Kolomental and inferiority complex Igbos..

Oga the news is on AIT news bar... You can check it

Only Dullard imagines what the US official position on our issue got to do with our internal affairs.

I hope the US doesn't lead others in a gang up against Nigerian leaders because right now there is no sympathy for the government across the West because of this singular thoughtless act

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2021
auwal83:

Finally you will look a fool when your konu drinking leaders will have no choice but to lift the ban.. It is not even as if the ban is effective as millions are still tweeting..
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2021
Buhari keeps bringing shame on the country...

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

Ex US President Trump banned Tiktok and even signed the Executive Order to it.
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/900019185/trump-signs-executive-order-that-will-effectively-ban-use-of-tiktok-in-the-u-s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque / Governor Ambode's Achievements In Pictures [photos] / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.