Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria (40518 Views)

Adegboruwa: New Police Dress Code Is Illegal And Should Be Reversed / US Mission In Nigeria Statement On Twitter Ban / Anyone Aggrieved With Travel Ban Should Go To Court – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by escapefromusa(f): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Gubularaska:

That's a Chinese company and the politics is quite different. It all boils down to the business of the digital age. What slight edge does Nigeria the in the business of the digital age?

80% of investments in the digital economy is by the US and her citizens. How can you fend your master? India has an edge but we have non.

Do you copy?

Just say it.

Your scared!
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
Yes, Buhari is responsible for your impotence too and the mosquitos in your room.

I know you'll develop a heart attack if you don't blame Buhari for every problem in your life for just 1 day.

Stop supporting incompetence

If we check you now, your bank account is close to empty.

Suffering and smiling niggar

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by 27Pushing30: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
One Aboki was asking how is Twitter a right

Well Freedom of Expression, Association of Legal Bodies, Expression of Opinions is a fundamental human right in every Democracy

Twitter is the largest platform where People can air their opinions easily, a legal body everyone has right to associate with

Essentially Twitter is the right to every Nigerian who wants it

Ok let me understand this.

Why is weed illegal then? After all people are not forced to buy it. If you want it you take it and enjoy the high.

When you figure out the “why” you’ll realize you’re actually the DUNCE

Many thanks
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
BigBashiru:

they cal you third world, after 100 year colonization wars on your land and you accepted it. Many European countries such as UK, Poland, Ukraine, Germany are third world countries but you will not believe it.
Abdul, but your dream is to leave your Sharia enclave to go to these nations

I wish you can tell these to buhari that can't stop running to holiday there

Is Niger governor back from his own holiday now?
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

one question why is US more interested in twitter Ban than Human lives

are you telling me that US do not know about the genocide going on in Nigeria ? we even watched one live on Instagram! for God sake
Very soon those hash tag would be flooding their tweeter space by Nigerians using IP
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Ojukwubucket(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
If you want free speech, enter street and talk anyhow.

Na street go clear your head with slap lass lass.
See black man and his way of reasoning...everything na aggression.. Tufiakwa!
I regret sharing a country with a dunce like u

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:

Stop supporting incompetence

If we check you now, your bank account is close to empty.

Suffering and smiling niggar
Mad men see delusions and accept it as their reality.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
zinaunreal:
This same Trump that said we are a shit hole country is giving Buhari a pat on his back for foolishness.

Trump is loyal to no one and expresses some form of obsession for the presidency he lost. He can even stoop low to a lost government of Nigeria.

US government should have just kept silent on the matter, respecting Nigerias overeignty . The way they have taken this matter personally is really showing they have pure distaste for Trump

Trump now feels that he indeed made a mistake for not reacting thesame way Nigeria did, when his updates were being removed by twitter. A further abuse of power , encouraging this Aboki that he is right to have taken that illiterate action
USA government is not the only one on this case

Canada, UK, EU, Ireland essentially the liberal west are together on this and issued a statement jointly upon which FG had to call them to beg

Trump only reacted today or yesterday and he is the one playing pained irrelevant catch up here.

Like i said it is the WEST as a whole the champions of democracy that are issuing this to Nigeria a supposed democracy with largest black people
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

Oga the news is on AIT news bar... You can check it

Only Dullard imagines what the US official position on our issue got to do with our internal affairs.

I hope the US doesn't lead others in a gang up against Nigerian leaders because right now there is no sympathy for the government across the West because of this singular thoughtless act
Dude are you aware that the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, EU are the ones together on this?

Didn't you read their press statement

Go and check news

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
Whois:
Good, so they can continue to use the same to beg for ventilators. Who dey breath now? Lolz

cc

See pigs sha
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
auwal83:

Sanctions? Who fears sanctions? Sanctions are scams, if you know what you are doing.
grin grin

Buhari doesn't even know who is his vice president

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
BigBashiru:

they cal you third world, after 100 year colonization wars on your land and you accepted it. Many European countries such as UK, Poland, Ukraine, Germany are third world countries but you will not believe it.
You don dey mad...How those countries take be third world countries.
Germany has times 100 of Nigeria Economy and they re 100 times more developed
Same with others countries you listed.

When you are showing your patriotism pls dey talk truth

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2021
auwal83:

Nigeria will be better off without the US or its cronies dictating to us what we should or should not do. Look, under their watch what the country has done since independence!
It is time to part ways with these self appointed mentors.
Maybe buhari should boycott his holiday to these nations
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2021
michoim:
Who are you to dictate to the country and to the continent? What an affront from forequoteign imperialist!
To your country developed and stop depending on them for loans, Aids, Grants, weapons, Medicals etc. You will always be a slave to them...simple

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nazifi2021: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul,

I don't take quote from fulani Muslims

Next time note my moniker it's public knowledge on nairaland
Banza Dakiki, jahili, Aljuhun baya.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
The US and the west have never had our interest at heart.

They ruined G.E.J's chances of purchasing weapons to fight Boko haram by blocking all avenues of purchasing weapons, causing the crisis to blow up.

They don't purchase our oil anymore, it's mainly India that buys our oil now.

Buhari had to switch to China, Russia and Pakistan and they've been delivering in record time.

They're only fighting for their American company to ensure they keep remitting taxes made from the largest black economy, even if it means allowing practices that can burn down the country.

We need to start looking within and stop with this slave mentality of dancing to their every tune.

No Super Tucano?? Return our money and we'll buy more JF-17 jets from Pakistan and drones from China.

They're just as effective and cheaper.
Was it not your Present APC now that were telling US not to sale weapons to us because of Human right violation they said the army was perpetuating ?
Stop speaking gibberish

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:
Complete rubbish, you can't tell a country how to run their affairs.
No one can tell the US how to run their affairs, same should apply to Nigeria.
The US mission should shut the FVCK up.
They were silent when Trump tried to ban Tik tok, all of a sudden now they found their voices.
Rubbish.
Buhari, tell them to go to hell. These western countries actually respect countries that doesn't give a FVCK about whatever they say than those that are submissive.
You know your President depends on them to live ba? If they ban am from accessing his doctor in the UK now...na wahala o.
You know Nigeria also still depends on them for aids, grants etc

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
In real life, in my presence, you would want to say that to my face because you realize there are consequences for this "Free speech".

But you can say it online behind your keyboard because you feel protected.

That same responsibility you applied in reality is what people should transfer online.

Being online gives people the freedom to throw inhibition to the wind and be careless with talk.

We've done it to the point of almost destroying our country.
Shut up angry
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
auduadeniyi:

USA ko canada ni
they can easily impose policy and they always rescind it when it comes to their own

keep it on Buhari am behind your Government
We don't expect anything different. You're a terrorist after all
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
27Pushing30:

Ok let me understand this.

Why is weed illegal then? After all people are not forced to buy it. If you want it you take it and enjoy the high.

When you figure out the “why” you’ll realize you’re actually the DUNCE

Many thanks
You are actually the Dunce for comparing weed to freedom of speech

Can you where in the charter of rights weed is a right?
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
ba7man:
They made a threat against the "Unknown Gunmen" (Let's pretend as if we don't know who they are) and some people automatically think the threat is against them.

That's a way of knowing the people who were in silent support of the recent killings of policemen, burning of police stations, ptoperties, INEC offices, assasination of Gulak, top INEC official and that judge.

They identified with the threat even when it was not directed at them.
Deep in your heart you know it was directed at the Igbos. After all everyone here knows Buhari do not like the Igbos.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

To you, anyone standing to protect Nigeria from those sponsored by corrupt politicians to destroy Nigeria is supporting President Muhammadu Buhari and anyone who opposes the IPOB terrorists misrepresenting patriotic Nigerians of Igbo extraction is a bigot.
You will all learn las las after Buhari leaves office but bigotry and hatred you have allowed to have a foothold in your heart continues to destroy everything you do. Most of you are all living a life of hatred and bigotry against PMB because of his tribe, religion and that he stands against corruption most of you feed from and the main reason he defeated your candidate in 2015 & 2019. I have never said Buhari is perfect but I cringe when I see your hatred and bigotry dripping over your comments.
He stand against corruption and yet Nigeria is worst off than it was doing Gejs. Nigeria has move higher in ranking has a very corrupt country than it was doing Gejs ....we are the second most corrupt country in Africa.. top 10 in the world.
Gej was much lesser at least.

By the way, show us the reasons why will shouldn't hate Buhari. With everything going on. The killings, the bad economy, people loosing their jobs, bad healthcare, Buhari not talking and assuring the people. The disunity, people running abroad.. companies leaving NIGERIA in droves etc.

Tell me, if it was Jonathan turn all this happen won't you hate him?
Infact what I'm I saying, you hated Jonathan doing his regime for things lesser than this and then you want us to love Buhari...u are mad
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by OreMI22: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
SavagesWillLose:
The US may soon start imposing sanctions on this regime.

"There are nearly 40 M Twitter users in #Nigeria, and the country is home to Africa's largest tech hub.

This suspension is nothing more than state-sanctioned denial of free speech and should be reversed immediately."

The mask-wearing impostor has been commanded to do the needful. Else he will be exposed as an imposter who has been impersonating Buhari.

This news sweet o!
grin

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Stanleyq: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
9ja govuu think say na anytin them wan do, them go freely do am, they don do de one wey go affect even the US, de friend of my enemy is my enemy too, Trump supports akaewu buhari for the ban, his opposition biden will then sanction them for the ban, power jam power,
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Jamesbally: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
DiagnoPolitics:
Very Good, slap the dumbohari dullard's bald head with heavy sanctions. It is either his skull resets to factory setting or it breaks into pieces. grin grin

Whichever way, nigerians will be happy. grin grin

cc: cilicmarin, plaindealer, curious354, jamesbally.

what do you dumboharist abokeys think.

Trash.
We Igbo's are happy now. Trump just supported Buhari's suspension of Twittergrin grin Anybody wey no like weting Trump talk should locate the nearest transformer grin

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by BigBashiru: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
ifiokjohn:
You don dey mad...How those countries take be third world countries.
Germany has times 100 of Nigeria Economy and they re 100 times more developed
Same with others countries you listed.

When you are showing your patriotism pls dey talk truth

It's not by size of economy. Any wealth they have today was mostly stolen from Africa. We have Abuja rail, Lagos ibadan rail, nice e expressways. How exactly are those countries more developed than Nigeria except for the ones they stole
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Mikecold:
One Aboki was asking how is Twitter a right

Well Freedom of Expression, Association of Legal Bodies, Expression of Opinions is a fundamental human right in every Democracy

Twitter is the largest platform where People can air their opinions easily, a legal body everyone has right to associate with

Essentially Twitter is the right to every Nigerian who wants it

Not when its CEO decided to meddle in our internal affairs, undermine our sovereignty and act as agent of destabilisation. Donkey has crossed the boundaries too many times.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
This thing called politics eh!
I knew the moment Trump drummed support for Buhari's twitter ban, I knew U.S government would respond with immediate effect.
Meanwhile APC online miscreants rejoicing about Trump's support for their Bubu's twitter ban,hope you guys would rejoice more and support Trump as he continues his unending bashing and antagonizing on Buhari's chief borrower,China. grin
Ofcourse we know how frosty the relationship between China and Trump is & also we are not forgetting how China is currently in bed with Biden.
It's a season of political confusion... grin grin

So, what are they gonna do to us? Nuke us, right?
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by GeneralPula: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2021
PROPEACE:

Sir, with all due respect you are dumb! Trump was banned by Twitter for hate speech, Buhari was banned by Twitter for hate speech, America did not fight for trump or Buhari. Dumbo Buhari banned Twitter, Trump did not ban Twitter. America is fighting for Nigerians who have been silenced sir. What is the point you are trying to make? I repeat, with all due respect, you are dumb sir.

America is fighting for Nigerians?

It is well with your soul.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by JohnBullMySon: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
BigBashiru:

It's not by size of economy. Any wealth they have today was mostly stolen from Africa. We have Abuja rail, Lagos ibadan rail, nice e expressways. How exactly are those countries more developed than Nigeria except for the ones they stole
Aboki go abroad first and see for yourself.
Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by 27Pushing30: 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Like I stated earlier when you figure out the why you’ll realise you’re a DUNCE.

Obviously e go tey before you figure out the why
Mikecold:
You are actually the Dunce for comparing weed to freedom of speech

Can you where in the charter of rights weed is a right?

Re: Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
27Pushing30:
Like I stated earlier when you figure out the why you’ll realise you’re a DUNCE.

Obviously e go tey before you figure out the why
Zombie you are the Dunce forever

The Twitter continuous usage is enough punishment for you

Lick your wound

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / Sit-At-Home: Governor Soludo Attends Monday Prayer / Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.