Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:04 PM

My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid (46746 Views)

How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by dohyn(m): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
I have long resigned myself to the fact that I probably wont ever go to America, because the kind abuse I don abuse trump these past 4 years ehn...

4 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by id911(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Gkay1:
Nowadays na connection matter not interview

Why some Nigerians always think connection works in every sphere is a matter of great concern. Does one need connection to get a Visa? I doubt!
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Muyoatlanta(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Got denied twice. 1. Have travel experience 2. State status as married. 3. Have high or state high income. 4 Never go to the embassy with a "do-or-die" attitude. 5. Get you story straight ahead of time. You're going to be denied you will be denied but stick to your story. If your gameplay is visitation then at least have an invitation card and address of host. Don't contractdict your earlier application.
My submission

5 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by dotunsteve(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Very good points,kudos..thank you
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by JONSYN7154: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good info
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Eriokanmi: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
canadaddy:

Source: https://liveincanada.com.ng/2021/06/10/my-visa-application-denial-experience-things-you-must-avoid/
I hope you've also learnt your lesson and also use the suggestions made next time.

Permit me to include this...before you submit your DS160 Form, print a copy and keep. Always recite it like a poem until your interview date because the likely questions they'd ask would be based on the information you've provided. VO doesn't want to waste time because there are lots of applicants on the queue. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by ipodstinks: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thank you so much for this op. You shall finall be granted ijn
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Eriokanmi: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
ivolt:

Why would anyone sacrifice their freedom of speech because of visa?
They don't give a damn. Na you wan go their country. Despite my over a decade experience in traveling to America, I was subjected to a secondary inspection in 2018 in Washington DC. The CBP guy grabbed my phone like say I dey hide something. He asked that I remove the password which I did. He checked my Facebook, WhatsApp messages but I told him my wife's name was saved as "baby" and there lies my privacy which i respect so much and he said yes sir. He was checking while I looked on. Later, he handed me the phone and said thanks sir. The same guy led me out of the secondary inspection room, up till the exit of the arrival areas and said, have a nice day and welcome.

So, when you're in Rome, you behave like romans. America is really worth the stress. If you have the opportunity of being there, you'd attest to this and probably send either prayers or curses to our leaders back home.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Noshitboi(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
Agent8706:
Nice one!

This information is coming at the very right time for many. The rate at which people are bailing out of the country now, one is still always surprise to still meet people out on the street everyday I go out.

Tribalism, corruption and now nepotism and terrorism has gunned down every hope of a one Nigeria.

Like my neighbor will always warn, if you see any opportunity to japa out of this country, please don't even wait to waste time packing a bag!
Bros these days i dey read about Lithuania...i don even dey know some street names. E hungry me to japa over cry cry
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by AfonjaBoston: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
Clean social media, misrepresentation, unsolicited or solicited omissions are all terrible
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by hosemujica: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lol, I wore bathroom slippers to U.S embassy that year.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Agent8706(m): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Noshitboi:
Bros these days i dey read about Lithuania...i don even dey know some street names. E hungry me to japa over cry cry

grin grin grin grin

Do anything to bail out my brother. If worse get to worse locate any African country that is far better for now and temporarily relocate. From there you can plan your escape to any European or American country.

E go better

3 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by freemi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by GeneralPula: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Just know somebody that can make it possible..

Interview is useless..

Majority do fail it forget ielts..
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by buchhogonzalez(m): 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
canadaddy:

Source: https://liveincanada.com.ng/2021/06/10/my-visa-application-denial-experience-things-you-must-avoid/

Hello OP,

In 2015, I applied for a US visa which was granted however, I was deported at POE and banned from entering the U.S, reason for the ban been that I lied in my application.

Now, I want to know, what can I do about this and why other countries can I apply to?
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by horlait(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
Can someone please shed light, what it means when you are told to work on your documents next time ?
I was denied a US Visa, during the interview I was asked series of questions which I believed I answered to the best of my knowledge, he then ask to see my invitation letter which I handed to him and he read the invite then said "next time work on your documents"
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by vikgreen01(m): 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
I read about social media username
What if u have two or more accounts and u only give those that are less active and doesn’t have some intimidating stuffs mind u those accounts might have been opened a long time ago or at the same time or your old account got hacked Nd u only have a newly opened account prior interview..? Cos naija is known for smartness oo
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by BizMin(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Right now, I want to do International Passport.

The problem now is I don't know where to start from. I met an immigrant lady, she said I should bring 45K and it would be done. Right now, am confused.

Please how can I get International Passport done in Lagos. I don't want to be scammed.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Originalsly: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2021
madridsta007:

DO NOT LIE.

Dont lie. Dont exaggerate. Dont assume. Dont pretend. Dont act like something you arent. DO NOT LIE.

Sadly, it is the usual way for Nigerians to lie and it is ingrained in many Nigerians.

Americans, White folks are uncompromisingly blunt and desire honesty.

Lie once and that is the END for you. If you have to spend some weeks training yourself to tell the truth at ALL times, train yourself.

Meanwhile, the US has access to all your Tweets and Facebook comments, deleted or not deleted. THEY DO.

Pretty good advice from OP. The above is the bottom line.... DO NOT LIE. Erased SM comments can be dug up... they have the capability. They may ask for your SM handle... if you lie by replying don't have/never had ... what you may not know is they already know you have one and that lie is the cause for your denial. In your mind... they can never know.

Watched a documentary yearss ago about VO's issuing/denying visas. They are well trained and the bottom line is whether you are truthful and honest .... the reason all information given must be consistent. My advice be the same... DO NOT LIE .... never try to shape your answer to give them what you think they want to hear.

1 Like

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by planetx: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
All of this still will not guarantee you a visa especially at the US embassy. They are living in your country and know what is going on, and know that the vast majority of you are going to overstay their visa while living in the US illegally no matter what lies you told the visa officer.

5 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Badadvisor: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
BizMin:
Right now, I want to do International Passport.

The problem now is I don't know where to start from. I met an immigrant lady, she said I should bring 45K and it would be done. Right now, am confused.

Please how can I get International Passport done in Lagos. I don't want to be scammed.
I need help on this also.
Please tag,mention or quote me when you get answer to this question
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Oxb90: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Sikay19:
How long does it take an applicant to get an appointment for the interview ?

What's the chance for someone with O'level qualification and employable skill or has gotten employment letter ?

How compulsory is the sponsor part. What if I have proof of sufficient funds ?

Thank you very much.
very relevant question
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by grandstar(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
canadaddy,
You forgot to add the most important-ability to provide proof that you'll return.

That is the sole reason why there is a visa application interview. Citizens of rich countries get a visa on arrival because they know they won't overstay. Some do but it's so minute that it's insignificant.

Some years ago while I was applying for a UK visa, there was this guy working for an oil multinational company. He applied for a 6 month visa but he was advised to go for a 2 year visa as 6 months would be a waste. With that kind of job, they knew he would come back.

Once you have sufficient evidence that you'll come back, the visa is yours. That's why most people are rejected. They don't have the required proof.

9 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by MITCHELL96: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
OP, God bless you for this update, because I'm about applying for UK visa,. Based on football Matters, God Bless You And Bless my Football Careerz Amen
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by planetx: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
Agent8706:

grin grin grin grin

Do anything to bail out my brother. If worse get to worse locate any African country that is far better for now and temporarily relocate. From there you can plan your escape to any European or American country.

E go better
Bail out to Lithuania? Because a country is in Europe don't mean shit, but you or him can try your luck lol. I will also suggest Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia etc
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Agent8706(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
planetx:
Bail out to Lithuania? Because a country is in Europe don't mean shit, but you or him can try your luck lol. I will also suggest Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia etc
Can even the worst in Europe be as bad as it is in Nigeria today my brother?
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by referendum01(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Op thank you for this piece of information. Honestly I have learnt from it.

But I have a question;
With regards to social media handle, do you advice that one deny operating social media to avoid submitting them?
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by eejo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
You mentioned a valid point. Freedom of speech has limit in the Develop World. Violence, hate speech and others will land you in big trouble. Nigeria also need to regulate her own internet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Burial Photos Of Ahmadu Chanchangi, Chairman Chanchangi Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.