Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra (29223 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:54am On Feb 03, 2022
But first we have to plaster the walls directly above the roof area, this is to be done now before we start roofing this house. We dont need cement stains on the new roof. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Other angles of this building..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Removing the woods from our decked portions of the roof...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Inside the roofed portion, without the roofing sheets today......... cleaning starts as we prepare for plastering.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
Looking at this building from the front...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Exploring some more of the features of this plan..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
The overhang, and how it looks from below.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
More......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
On the top of the roof, we have started plastering every inch of space above the roof............

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
More dressing from the top.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by sauceEEP(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2022
Spyder880 what causes dampening of walls and how can it be stopped? Even down floor decking ceiling is facing this issue.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
sauceEEP:
Spyder880 what causes dampening of walls and how can it be stopped? Even down floor decking ceiling is facing this issue.

Dampness on walls upstairs could by caused by a few reasons, chief of which is the leakage of water from the roof, into the top walls of a building, above the ceiling. There could also be cases of leaking or burst conduit pipes inside the walls, but those are more pronounced, and very visible.

Dampness of walls downstairs could still be caused by a leak into the walls, or rising damp for lands and floors experiencing capillary actions. That is when the water seeps up from the ground, it happens especially in flooded, wet and waterlogged lands.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
spyder880:
On the top of the roof, we have started plastering every inch of space above the roof............
pictures don't do justice to how smooth this plastering job is.

I saw it up close the other day and I marvelled at how good this job is

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
michlins:
pictures don't do justice to how smooth this plastering job is.

I saw it up close the other day and I marvelled at how good this job is

That's my new plastering team for 2022. Expect a lot of improvements in our finish as from now. I have another job for them after this house.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
spyder880:

That's my new plastering team for 2022. Expect a lot of improvements in our finish as from now. I have another job for them after this house.
you snapped up quite a good one
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by kopell: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2022
spyder880:
But first we have to plaster the walls directly above the roof area, this is to be done now before we start roofing this house. We dont need cement stains on the new roof. ........
Best idea, that is exactly what I did

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by kopell: 12:17am On Feb 07, 2022
spyder880:

What happened with the previous team
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by kopell: 12:31am On Feb 07, 2022
spyder880:
But first we have to plaster the walls directly above the roof area, this is to be done now before we start roofing this house. We don't need cement stains on the new roof. ........
Wow this design is amazing, I've never pay attention to the design before. The ample space on the rooftop area is big enough to host rooftop party, smart design. I hope that little room is designed to carry the load of the water tank. I am not a fan of flat roofs but you're making me think otherwise. Is this design modified from the original one or we just haven't opportunity to see what the rooftop looks like at the beginning? This your new plastering guy take the finishing to higher level ooo, bravo to the new team. Is this building next street neighbor to the tall bungalow elephant king in the front gate

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
kopell:
What happened with the previous team

The previous team became money drunk. Some people dont know how to manage success. They got 3 straight jobs from me and it got into their heads, they got sloppy, truancy, absenteeism, delays and bad jobs took over. So I had to move them off my projects.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
spyder880:

The previous team became money drunk. Some people dont know how to manage success. They got 3 straight jobs from me and it got into their heads, they got sloppy, truancy, absenteeism, delays and bad jobs took over. So I had to move them off my projects.
GOALS

Some people will be paid 30,000 and they will start feeling fly. I usually ask them, someone who paid you the money wey dey enter your head like this. Have you asked yourself how much him get remain.

Why can't people stay focused and grind harder than ever

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Zeroid105: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2022
Well done Spyder. Just an option on from safety perspective, isn't plastering the septic tank before the slab better?
spyder880:
The completion of the soakaway system slab...........
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Feb 11, 2022
Zeroid105:
Well done Spyder. Just an option on from safety perspective, isn't plastering the septic tank before the slab better?

Of course, we usually plaster the septic tank before the slab is done. Welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:50am On Feb 11, 2022
We have completed the roofing of this house..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Feb 11, 2022
More pictures as the roofing was going on.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2022
Details of the installation while the work was ongoing...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Feb 11, 2022
Inside clearing, before we commence the plastering.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Feb 11, 2022
Stairs..........

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2022
We're planning to add a convenience room to the top floor of this building. This will serve the needs of people spending time on the top floor, or working out on the open space. More pictures later.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Kk4(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
spyder880:
We're planning to add a convenience room to the top floor of this building. This will serve the needs of people spending time on the top floor, or working out on the open space. More pictures later.

Like I told you the other time. I am looking to start a building project. My engineer is coming from out of state and he is already already asking for 150k for mobilisation. Do you think its outrageous?
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2022
Kk4:

Like I told you the other time. I am looking to start a building project. My engineer is coming from out of state and he is already already asking for 150k for mobilisation. Do you think its outrageous?

Good morning, i wont know if its outrageous or not, depending on where he's coming from and what he intends to do when he gets to your site. Some people collect more mobilization fees than that, and it will be still part of their fees.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Kk4(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2022
spyder880:

Good morning, i wont know if its outrageous or not, depending on where he's coming from and what he intends to do when he gets to your site. Some people collect more mobilization fees than that, and it will be still part of their fees.

I'm not sure if it will be part of his fees but I will confirm. Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by dongc(m): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kk4:

I'm not sure if it will be part of his fees but I will confirm. Thanks

Whatever mobilization should be part of his fee otherwise what else are you mobilizing for ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Review:To Let In Various Locations In Ibadan.with pictures#LATEST / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki / What Is The Price Of One Bag Of Cement In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.