Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra (29236 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Qualer:

nothing sweet pass blocks laid in a very straight line. Nwokem, Una well done o! cool

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2021
Pictures from the sand filling of these houses..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Some of the rooms we sand filled are sinking as more rains settle the sand into the ground. We will still do our manual compaction later.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
We have been buying and bringing in more trips of sand since yesterday. We expect for these houses to be filled in about 2 days.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by dongc(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Oga mi...I am just wondering...what is this roof in the circle...too close? Slopy topology?

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2021
dongc:
Oga mi...I am just wondering...what is this roof in the circle...too close? Slopy topology?

The roof is of an old building, a very old house which the owners can decide to remove anytime soon as there is this and other new development. It's a sloppy land, and the new house I am designing to be higher than the old foundations in the compound. Nobody is occupying this small old building now.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
We're still samd filling this foundation today........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
spyder880:
We're still samd filling this foundation today........
with this high foundation, the building compound will definitely be filled to get to the new level

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
More pictures from the foundation filling of these two new duplexes.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
The two buildings as seen from above...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by muhds1: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
Excellent thread! Please I would like to ask whether you hollow fill the foundation block before casting the ground beams. If yes, do you use concrete or just sand. Thank you
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
muhds1:
Excellent thread! Please I would like to ask whether you hollow fill the foundation block before casting the ground beams. If yes, do you use concrete or just sand. Thank you

We later used lean concrete to fill the block holes.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by kingjooo(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2021
spyder880:

We later used lean concrete to fill the block holes.
thank you so much for the money you gave me some months back,may God bless you abundantly. l've gotten a job in a good company,i remain greatfull to you forever sir

11 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
kingjooo:
thank you so much for the money you gave me some months back,may God bless you abundantly. l've gotten a job in a good company,i remain greatfull to you forever sir

God will add to your recent blessing. You shall increase from strength to strength. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by kingjooo(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
spyder880:

God will add to your recent blessing. You shall increase from strength to strength. Amen.
amen sir,God's blessing shall forever remain in your household

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
spyder880:
Loading chippings for our use in this foundation this morning...........

Off topic
I am interested in this Chippings business,. The business model that one would have an off quarry site far from where there are no quarries. Then dump loads of chipping for contractors around the area to come and buy in relatively smaller quantities other than the 30 tons they sell at quarries.

Do you know how far away this site is from the closest quarry? Did you compare the price of 30 tons direct from quarry with the 10 tons you are are loading in that picture?

I know this is off topic, but we are learning. Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
sonnie10:

Off topic
I am interested in this Chippings business,. The business model that one would have an off quarry site far from where there are no quarries. Then dump loads of chipping for contractors around the area to come and buy in relatively smaller quantities other than the 30 tons they sell at quarries.

Do you know how far away this site is from the closest quarry? Did you compare the price of 30 tons direct from quarry with the 10 tons you are are loading in that picture?

I know this is off topic, but we are learning. Thanks

The business is a very viable one, but it will require a lot of money to establish. This particular supplier brings his chippings in very large trucks and offloads in a dump site which he owns in his village. He then sells them to us in smaller trucks, if you want just one ton, he will sell to you easily, only that you will pay for the transportation.

This dealer owns a weight bridge, a pay loader and some dump trucks. With these you and them are sure you are getting the exact load as the truck is weighed in before loading and weighed after loading. The owner of this business is a known billionaire. There are no known quarries in Anambra state (I might be wrong about this) The large trucks come in from either Edo state or Ebonyi, sometimes Abia state.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by sonnie10: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
spyder880:

The business is a very viable one, but it will require a lot of money to establish. This particular supplier brings his chippings in very large trucks and offloads in a dump site which he owns in his village. He then sells them to us in smaller trucks, if you want just one ton, he will sell to you easily, only that you will pay for the transportation.

This dealer owns a weight bridge, a pay loader and some dump trucks. With these you and them are sure you are getting the exact load as the truck is weighed in before loading and weighed after loading. The owner of this business is a known billionaire. There are no known quarries in Anambra state (I might be wrong about this) The large trucks come in from either Edo state or Ebonyi, sometimes Abia state.
Thanks for this detailed response. We buy full 30 tons from okigwe to ihiala for #300k. Compare with what you buy those 10 tons, every thing being equal ( available of fund) which one would you go for. Trailers in Okigwe can supply most places in Anambra and Imo same day.
I did the maths and I see that if the cheapest for 10 tons is 120k, then 30 tons would be 360k.
60k is a lot of savings for a contractor or owner.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
sonnie10:

Thanks for this detailed response. We buy full 30 tons from okigwe to ihiala for #300k. Compare with what you buy those 10 tons, every thing being equal ( available of fund) which one would you go for. Trailers in Okigwe can supply most places in Anambra and Imo same day.
I did the maths and I see that if the cheapest for 10 tons is 120k, then 30 tons would be 360k.
60k is a lot of savings for a contractor or owner.

Okigwe to Ihiala is a straight journey, its good at N300,000. Where we are working is much inner than Ihiala and I dont think any truck can do the town for N360,000 for a full load. Then again, this site has some height restrictions at the entrance gate which might not allow 30 ton trucks to enter the main gate.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
We bought some more loads of chippings for the oversite mass concrete of this foundation...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by dongc(m): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
spyder880:

Biko where is this dumpsite in anambra? What is the name ?
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2021
dongc:

Biko where is this dumpsite in anambra? What is the name ?

Nnobi, Anambra state. They sell sharp sand in the same dump site. The site belongs to Emeka Agbanari of Seamen industries.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Let's start digging a soakaway for these two units of duplex.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Current look of the foundation being filled.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
More areas remaining to be filled............

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by dongc(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
spyder880:

Nnobi, Anambra state. They sell sharp sand in the same dump site. The site belongs to Emeka Agbanari of Seamen industries.

Dalu....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by sonnie10: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
spyder880:

If they are selling stone dust also, it won't be a bad idea to start a vibrated block industry somewhere around there. Closeness to materials is key to success of these bulk material industries.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
We are set to cast this first unit by tomorrow, if the weather looks good. Still monitoring the weather.

More pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2021
Still filling the second unit, while preparing to cast the first unit today..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2021
Working on the soakaway system today.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2021
Inside the soakaway system..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Soakaway system work updates..............

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Review:To Let In Various Locations In Ibadan.with pictures#LATEST / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki / What Is The Price Of One Bag Of Cement In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.