Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra (29277 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
We have completed the concrete cast of the DPC on unit 2. More pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Pius4me: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
spyder880:
The soakaway system is getting ready to be cast...........

Wow Spyder it is good to see a soakaway system that has more iron than most house suspended slab with top and botton iron. i don't know why we use just one. spyder na you be baba for this job. good soup na money kill am oo.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Pius4me:

Wow Spyder it is good to see a soakaway system that has more iron than most house suspended slab with top and botton iron. i don't know why we use just one. spyder na you be baba for this job. good soup na money kill am oo.

We are preparing the area to be a car park. I need the slab to be adequate for the expected extra load. Thank you bro.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
spyder880:

We are preparing the area to be a car park. I need the slab to be adequate for the expected extra load. Thank you bro.
I heard a car park and it's something I do

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
michlins:
I heard a car park and it's something I do

No problem, we will get there soon. Welcome.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:41am On Aug 18, 2021
The completion of the soakaway system slab...........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2021
We have completed the concrete cast of the unit 2 of these fully detached twin duplexes............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2021
At the first unit, work is still ongoing despite the rains.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2021
More pictures of this ongoing building from around the first unit.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:12am On Aug 18, 2021
More pictures from the inside of this building, showing the living room, dining room areas..........

The rain here is relentless, but we keep moving with caution......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:27am On Aug 18, 2021
Reinforcement details.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
The completed DPC of unit 2 curing slowly under the rain..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lintels, columns, carpentry completed in unit 1...........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
More.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
More pictures from this project.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
More pictures from the inside ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2021
Looking at this work from above.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2021
We brought a vibrating poker to this site yesterday, we plan to use it for the lintels and columns in this first unit, we plan to start the concrete cast by this morning. Workers are already in the site.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Using concrete poker to shake down the concrete casting on the lintels and columns..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
Completed lintel cast..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
More pictures of the completed beams...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2021
Curing process for the concrete cast, water treatment........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
Pictures of this house taken on Saturday evening.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Kambols95(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
@ spyder, you are doing a great job sir......this is how the making up of any building should be especially when the site is water prone.

I only have some few professional questions to ask about your ongoing project sir. Would be glad if you can respond to them all

1. I hope the beams, columns, lintels and slabs achieve the respective curing age before the formwork is removed?

2. I stand to be corrected if am wrong sir, I didn't see anything like a polythene material/membrane used as DPM at the foundation stage.

3. I hope the right type of cement is used for different stages of the construction processes

4. As a good manager on site, one of your major duty is to help the client in reducing the cost of construction but not at the expense of quality. How are you able to achieve this.

Thank you
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
Kambols95:
@ spyder, you are doing a great job sir......this is how the making up of any building should be especially when the site is water prone.

I only have some few professional questions to ask about your ongoing project sir. Would be glad if you can respond to them all

1. I hope the beams, columns, lintels and slabs achieve the respective curing age before the formwork is removed?

2. I stand to be corrected if am wrong sir, I didn't see anything like a polythene material/membrane used as DPM at the foundation stage.

3. I hope the right type of cement is used for different stages of the construction processes

4. As a good manager on site, one of your major duty is to help the client in reducing the cost of construction but not at the expense of quality. How are you able to achieve this.

Thank you

I am in the market now, I will attend to these questions later this night. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Updates

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
Buying and offloading more blocks in this site today.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Images from the top of the house today...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Kambols95:

Yes, we made sure we treated the completed beams, columns and lintels with more water, we left the work for about a week, and taking that the rains are still falling daily, we are convinced that the curing process here is adequate.

No we didn't use DPM because the chances of capillary action or dampness of the lower walls are almost zero in this location. There is no natural stream or running water, there is no lakes or even chances of this land or this town ever being waterlogged. I also improved on the situation by lifting this foundation far off from the ground. Some parts of this foundation are as high as 1.5 metres above natural ground level. I am doing this to achieve a good slope which will ensure that all rain water will be channelled outside this compound.

Yes, we have been using recommended cement qualities[/color].

Advance planning, reuse of wooden formwork and observance of the weather conditions before we start working. This has kept our costs very low in this era of galloping inflation. Thank you Sir.
[color=#000099]
Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ready for the decking of this house.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
The decking of this house will start anytime soon.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
We will be starting the decking of this house as from tomorrow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Get A Portable Car Port And Aluminium Roofing Systems For Your Building Cheap! / 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge / Deed Of Assignment And What You Should Look Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.