Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25212 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ossaifamous(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
A friend once asked if I love rock music and I said 'no' ,then he came to my house to find maroon5's album "songs about jane" and he laugh at my ignorance.
Pple listens 2 shakira's song ,anastacia's korea japan 2002 wc theme song ,1 republic's 2 late apologise and love it but they tell u they hate rock.
Most rock songs lyrics are better than eminem e.g switchfoot.
Saying the video is devilish is same as saying african musical videos are local and satanic
listen to chris daughtry, cold, natalie imbruglia before makin' ur conclusion.
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ossaifamous(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
A friend once asked if I love rock music and I said 'no' ,then he came to my house to find maroon5's album "songs about jane" and he laugh at my ignorance.
Pple listens 2 shakira's song ,anastacia's korea japan 2002 wc theme song ,1 republic's 2 late apologise and love it but they tell u they hate rock.
Most rock songs lyrics are better than eminem e.g switchfoot.
Saying the video is devilish is same as saying african musical videos are local and satanic
listen to chris daughtry, cold, natalie imbruglia before makin' ur conclusion.
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ravenzord(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
What's the question here? Of course rock music is satanic,Rap is devilish;rappers just talk fast so they can disguise the satan-worshipping chants btw the lines,and as for Makosa? Devilish with a capital D,why else would it compulsorily catch ur fancy even when U don't understand what the sibger's saying. Which other genre is there? R&B,Jazz,Classical? All devilish.Any genre that is not the boringest form of gospel is devilish.

And you Ibkaye,U're talking about Christian rock,don't U know that just like Christian Rap,the lyrics don't matter,the fact that the genre of music on which it is passed across is not boring automatically negates the fact that U're actually praising God.

News Flash: All the genres music y'all listen 2 have subjected U 2 the rule of the Devil.U are all going 2 HELL!! Except of course if U throw away ur iPods,music players,don't listen 2 d radio,don't watch TV,infact,go enrol in the closest monastery or nunnery U know,the ones where nobody talks,cos who knows,speech might also be satanic.

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
ravenzord:

What's the question here? Of course rock music is satanic,Rap is devilish;rappers just talk fast so they can disguise the satan-worshipping chants btw the lines,and as for Makosa? Devilish with a capital D,why else would it compulsorily catch your fancy even when U don't understand what the sibger's saying. Which other genre is there? R&B,Jazz,Classical? All devilish.Any genre that is not the boringest form of gospel is devilish.

And you Ibkaye,U're talking about Christian rock,don't U know that just like Christian Rap,the lyrics don't matter,the fact that the genre of music on which it is passed across is not boring automatically negates the fact that U're actually praising God.

News Flash: All the genres music y'all listen 2 have subjected U 2 the rule of the Devil.U are all going 2 HELL!! Except of course if U throw away your iPods,music players,don't listen 2 d radio,don't watch TV,infact,go enrol in the closest monastery or nunnery U know,the ones where nobody talks,cos who knows,speech might also be satanic.
For a minute there I actually thought you were being serious, was about to tear you apart you're being sarcastic right? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ritchboy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
the devil is a fictional character. . .

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2009
Rock music is satanic? Pls, give me a break.

2 Likes

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]No change in musical style will survive unless it is accompanied by a change in clothing style. Rock is to dress up to. Keep on Rocking Guys. . .Im on the show tonite wink . I Luv it when its fast and Loud.

Rocker4Life
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ravenzord(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2009
ibkaye:

For a minute there I actually thought you were being serious, was about to tear you apart [size=6[b]pt]you're being sarcastic right?[/size] cheesy[/b]

S-A-R-C-A-S-T-IC,what does that word mean? I'll have 2 google it grin.

It seems 2 me that U've been so overcome by Shaitan that U dunno when s'mun's being serious again. I will hereby embark on a deliverance session for you,U need 7 candles with the 7 different rainbow colours,the left wing of a virgin female mosquito that has never sucked male blood,the 250th strand of hair on a castrated lion's mane,and one of the tassels off the cloth Elvis wore at his last stage concert. Till U bring these things I'll be here interceding for you.
Chanting robo robo,raba raba.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
ravenzord:

S-A-R-C-A-S-T-IC,what does that word mean? I'll have 2 google it grin.

It seems 2 me that U've been so overcome by Shaitan that U dunno when s'mun's being serious again. I will hereby embark on a deliverance session for you,U need 7 candles with the 7 different rainbow colours,the left wing of a virgin female mosquito that has never sucked male blood,the 250th strand of hair on a castrated lion's mane,and one of the tassels off the cloth Elvis wore at his last stage concert. Till U bring these things I'll be here interceding for you.
Chanting robo robo,raba raba.
God you're actually hilarious cheesy cheesy
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ravenzord(m): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
Are u serious? Never knew. Another of my hidden talents,wanna check out more? wink wink
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ravenzord:
Given that Elvis was a rock singer, is all this some sort of ritualistic procedure by which you'll ascertain whether rock music is satanic?   wink

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ravenzord(m): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ drrionelli: Exactly,U're a smart guy.sure U don't want 2 join me in this business?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 13, 2009
So what to you say about Cold Play's "Viva La Vida", That is a very cool music. Rock (as a whole) is not Satanic. But certain Rock songs are (so are some RAP,Blues, R&B, e.t.c).
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by nosmas96: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
Music is music, While living this life,I have always heard people say Rock is demonic, then i listened to enya and they said the same thing,then they said eminem and jay-z were devil worshipers.

If u like it,GOOD,if not,FINE. I have to admit,some if not most of those guys are creapy but i gotta say, NO OTHER GENRE OF MUSIC EXPRESSES ALL EMOTIONS LIKE ROCK.

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Mobinga: 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2010
cool i guess blues (original blues like ray charles et al) is for devil worshippers?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:56am On Sep 23, 2010
grin grin
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]No change in musical style will survive unless it is accompanied by a change in clothing style. Rock is to dress up to. Keep on Rocking Guys. . .Im on the show tonite wink . I Luv it when its fast and Loud.

Rocker4Life
[/size]
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by v3: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2010
There's some element of it in most songs but it doesn't mean rock in general is satanic.

Rock is music for me, from evanessence. .to linkin park, switchfoot, i could go on and on. . their lyrics have very deep meaning. When's the last time you heard a rock artiste talk about blings, dough, cars? undecided

Thats why rockbands like U2 are legendary.

Rock simply ROCKS! cool

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Iyobizzle(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
ravenzord: What's the question here? Of course rock music is satanic,Rap is devilish;rappers just talk fast so they can disguise the satan-worshipping chants btw the lines,and as for Makosa? Devilish with a capital D,why else would it compulsorily catch ur fancy even when U don't understand what the sibger's saying. Which other genre is there? R&B,Jazz,Classical? All devilish.Any genre that is not the boringest form of gospel is devilish.

News Flash: All the genres music y'all listen 2 have subjected U 2 the rule of the Devil.U are all going 2 HELL!! Except of course if U throw away ur iPods,music players,don't listen 2 d radio,don't watch TV,infact,go enrol in the closest monastery or nunnery U know,the ones where nobody talks,cos who knows,speech might also be satanic.
damn! joker
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by zynzyn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Depends on what you understand as Satanic!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by TimetheFrenemy(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
I don't care about God or Satan, and if rock is satanic, then Hail Satan (that fictional a-hole) �

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Are Our Women, Our Divas? / 'My Darlin' Video By Tiwa Savage Ft "Grandma Savage" / BET 2017: Wizkid, Tekno, Davido Nominated For Best International Act Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.