Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25208 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by emmyclev(m): 5:47am On May 02, 2009
going thru this thread, i see that so many notions about rock music being satanic is really high, But let me chip in this, Rock music Rocks, it change ur ideology to sth beyond esctacy, to me is cooooooooooooool if u want to get ur inner self involve in music
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Horus(m): 3:54am On Jun 21, 2009
The rock group "The Beatles," brought druid, rock music to the United States in the 1960's A.D. They influenced people, and the doors were opened to witchcraft and the "occult world" with their satanic beats. The “Beatle” phenomenon was a part of a well orchestrated conspiracy. They were used as pawns as a means of social conditioning or social change. What do I mean by social change? Oftentimes when you have large groups of people, social change is unwanted. Thus, when the Beatles were brought to the United States by Tavistock as a part of the Aquarian Conspiracy, they would be used to aid in the brainwashing (really brainprogramming) of large groups of people unbeknowing to them. It was not by chance that the Beatles just popped up on the scene. It was a carefully orchestrated plan to bring them to the United States in order to induce a new and very effective “destructive element.” That being, the Beatles, or better yet the people would be forced to change against their will. Now, they are trying to bring them back. The Beatles were part of The Aquarian conspiracy. What Is The Aquarian Conspiracy?. If I told you, it probably wouldn’t make any sense to you, however it is a living entity that came about when the way man appeared, began to change. Or as Dr. John Coleman put it, “The Changing Images of Man,” “URH (489) - 2150 - Policy Research Report No.4/4/74. Policy Report prepared by SRI Center for the Study of Social Policy, Director, Professor Willis Harmon.” When you look at the actual project with a report number it becomes frightening, because it is then you begin to realize that this is not a joke. That there are organizations out there whose sole purpose is to look at society with a broader scope and figure out ways to break it down, and destroy it. Thus, when the reality hits you, it should make you want to know more, but instead you turn your back on the facts and pretend as if they don’t exist, when they do. Remember, just because you don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean they are going to stop what they’re doing to pacify you, because they’re not. Don’t fool yourselves! Not only the Beatles, but new words like cool, rock, and teenager, which didn’t even exist until the Beatles popped up on the scene, compliments of Tavistock Institute for human relations, which was a part of a specific code of workds. Now-a-days listen to the children speak. Listen also to their slang. It all started way back then. It worked, our children can’t even speak anymore.

Source: http://factology.com/front11_07_99.htm
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2009
It is with all due respect, Horus, that I offer that:

Actually, the term "rock" (as in "rock and roll"wink was coined by a disc jockey several years before the Beatles became popular (or even known) in the US. "Teen ager" has an even longer history.

Incidentally, all through history the naysayers have tried to indict changes in popular culture as the end of societal sensibility. Jazz music was considered "the devil's music." Prior to that, the music of composers who are now considered great (e.g., Franz Liszt) was considered to be inspired by "demonic possession."

It's clever to put a so-called scholarly spin on such things, but if the support isn't there (and, in this case, it isn't) then these studies are little more than that--exercises in scholarly rhetoric.

"Satanic beats"? Give a listen. Much of the Beatles' music was derivative, at best. In fact, before John & Paul became known as such stellar songwriters, they "covered" a lot of tunes.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2009
I don't buy that whole "druid" theory. Rock music is as satanic as R&B is. As a black boy who is also a heavy metal fan, I have been to both RnB and heavy metal concerts. You don't get the nasty, thuglife behaviour of the RnB concerts and metal gigs. You don't get metalheads going around in gangs and killing each other.

Simple logic.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
Banderas:

I don't buy that whole "druid" theory. Rock music is as satanic as R&B is. As a black boy who is also a heavy metal fan, I have been to both RnB and heavy metal concerts. You don't get the nasty, thuglife behaviour of the RnB concerts and metal gigs. You don't get metalheads going around in gangs and killing each other.

Simple logic.
seconded in its entirety
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tunjitsu(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2009
Oh dear me, I guess its pretty obvious to everyone now that the satanic "rock music" picture that was bandied around the churches and schools in the mid to late nineties here in nigeria was a sad, sad, sad period in our entertainment history. Its the major cause for the stupid blight of "hiphop and r&b" music that we so readily claim is "african"(?).

Wake up and smell the coffee.

King Sunny Ade was described as a rocker in his time. cheesy

Most gospel music is rock music. what should that tell you? Or are u suggesting that the instant you add "jesus" to your lyrics, the whole genre instantly becomes sanctified for that particular song alone?

Expressing an opinion does not change the fact that such an opinion could be founded on wrong assumptions, so that is not an excuse (no offense intended O, lol).

anyway, thanks for the post though, as it goes to show just how many nigerians have broken free from the oppression of our misguided, xenophobic, illiterate and unfortunate miseducation on music in general.

Viva la rock.

Oh yeah!, and before you claim that gospel rock is not "the type of rock you are talkin about", i suggest you do some research, and listen to flyleaf, avenge 7 fold, three days grace, and other gospel rock bands, and you'll see what i mean.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2009
tunjitsu:

Oh dear me, I guess its pretty obvious to everyone now that the satanic "rock music" picture that was bandied around the churches and schools in the mid to late nineties here in nigeria was a sad, sad, sad period in our entertainment history. Its the major cause for the stupid blight of "hiphop and r&b" music that we so readily claim is "african"(?).

Wake up and smell the coffee.

King Sunny Ade was described as a rocker in his time. cheesy

Most gospel music is rock music. what should that tell you? Or are u suggesting that the instant you add "jesus" to your lyrics, the whole genre instantly becomes sanctified for that particular song alone?

Expressing an opinion does not change the fact that such an opinion could be founded on wrong assumptions, so that is not an excuse (no offense intended O, lol).

anyway, thanks for the post though, as it goes to show just how many nigerians have broken free from the oppression of our misguided, xenophobic, illiterate and unfortunate miseducation on music in general.

Viva la rock.

Oh yeah!, and before you claim that gospel rock is not "the type of rock you are talkin about", i suggest you do some research, and listen to flyleaf, avenge 7 fold, three days grace, and other gospel rock bands, and you'll see what i mean.
sorry man, i was with u until u said the highlighted bits
im a huge a7x fan and i tell u they ARE NOT in anyway gospel
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2009
hahaha.

A7x is rather rubbish IMO but I'm more into the heavier, more melodic stuff (checkout killswitch engage).

But they are are called a Christian Metalcore band because all the members are (or were) christians, and because their name "Avenged Sevenfold" is from the book of genesis; not because they sing christian music.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 12:44am On Sep 01, 2009
bleh! they are awesome tongue
heard killswitch been too long for me to remember what i thot of the songs
will be back with my thoughts
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by mamagee6(f): 1:26am On Sep 01, 2009
I hate rock music.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tunjitsu(m): 2:56am On Sep 01, 2009
well, I see your point, they may not be strictly "gospel", but they are a self-proclaimed christian rock group, who proudly make and perform so called "satanic music". Its only a bush man (no offense) that would claim that rock music is satanic given the facts of reality. Music is a medium for expression. The use of the media for a particular thing does not in anyway affect its intrinsic nature,

Its like saying that "fictional prose" is satanic because salman rushdie wrote "The satanic verses" using that writing style.

As I said before, BUSH!

mama-gee, on the other hand is expressing her opinion, which is better, since hers is a matter of personal taste, and not an Indictment of the ENTIRE genre and its fans, I wonder how the genius who started this whole post would feel if an idiot came along and said "I think football is satanic, because it gives me nightmares, and that is my personal opinion",
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2009
bleh! they are awesome

heh. They are poo and you know it. Their lead singer loses his voice all the time. Paid £20 to watch them here in the UK, they sang for all of 15 minutes. What a joke.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
a7x are awesome
their guitarist is a very good guitarist
screw the lead singer, rock n metal (as some of their songs lean towards ) are based on the guitar n distortion n they r pretty neat
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2009
Pretty much any song lyrics can be construed in any of a number of ways. Witness the old Peter, Paul & Mary song, "Puff, the Magic Dragon." Some would say it's a children's song, allegorical with respect to growing up . Some would say it's about illicit drug use. Whose interpretation is correct?

Regardless of what it's called (rock, metal, grindcore, gothic, thrash, etc), we're talking about pop tunes, my friends! Simple, frivolous, disposable pop tunes! These are not done with the intent of creating some sort of high art form (in spite of what you're led to believe)--rather, they're aimed at being quickly put together, easily performed and cheaply distributed. Why? For the simple expediency of making their creators money! This is true of rock, country, jazz, Christian, folk or any other genre of recorded music. And, the more attention they get--even negative attention--keeps the cash rolling in.

In the business of music, as in any other business, there's a lot of hype (short for hyperbole, i.e., wild exaggeration). Think through it.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
You Sir, are pure genius.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2009
Banderas:

You Sir, are pure genius.
seconded
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by MrCrackles(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2009
Topic
OK. . . .
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by chic2pimp(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
Satanic ma foot. No be blacks wey create ROCK&ROLL music. Forced by a chic to attend a heavy metal concert .Bwoi I swear I went deaf for 2 days.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by TOPE20001(f): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
seconded
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Banderas and bluespice:
If your postings are directed at me, I very humbly thank you for your kind words and overall graciousness. Both are much appreciated. However, there's really no genius involved. Just a willingness to think critically and not follow the "herd mentality."
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:52am On Sep 09, 2009
Interesting place. . . OMG OMG OMG! i have been missing this thread.Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.Well- so glad there's topic about (Rock Music). Yeah we make it loud and louder all the head banger's in the house . Im a ROCK STAR and reaching to make Nigeria proud with rock ,Metal head,Trash,death metal songs in due period of time.

Sincerely-Ogaga Onowighose

Hail Satan!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2009
Death and Thrash are fantastic (don't mind that metalcore gyal Bluespice).

I love the heavy stuff - cradle of filth, Behemoth, Dark Tranquillity, Nightrage, Amon Amarth, etc.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bgees(m): 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
what is really satanic and what is not?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:48am On Sep 13, 2009
Yeah . . . . . I Remain in my home. RockStars on the Move,Naija is taking Over sooner as ROCKMUSIC speaks Louder. cool
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by saraj(f): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2009
I think the poster means death metal or something.
OP , could you be more specific about the genre you are
referring to, please.
Rock is very diverse as other posters have pointed out.

And for me, the most demonic music is probably those
seedy rappers that go on about women in a degrading
manner.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by slimes(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2009
The poster said rock music is demonic. Very funny cos it seems all genres have a trace to rock.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Outstrip(f): 4:52am On Sep 16, 2009
If you do not like this song then you don't like music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKXGpMGY_o
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bearwithme: 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
So-called love songs are also deceptive and destructive. They are about worshipping another person and about the present world becoming perfect. Newsflash: This world will NEVER be perfect and worshipping your significant other is idolatry. The woman is the man's helpmate, not some supreme being.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Outstrip(f): 12:24am On Sep 26, 2009
So this is what you registered on Niaraland to say. yeye
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bizkit(m): 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
The Initiator of this thread is a blind-biased-beautiful_music-hater. plain & simple
and for every person out there who feels rock music is evil, u need to open their eyes wide shut & listen.
Well I agree that sometimes some rock groups can b evil-looking & all that but which do u prefer, some1 that tells you "This is evil O! Run" or some1 that gets u to bob your head to a cool song with amazing beats and 3-months later you find out he's talking about some satanic free mason mumbo-jumbo
Take 1. [R'n'B] Your lovable Chris Brown wasn't talkin abt som chic wen he sang "fallen angel". Listen to it again and think. slowly. Satan people, yes he's a satanist. Hmmm, do I sense some disturbance
Take 2. Disturbia, (by d name gannn, u'll already suspect it) now listen to d lyrics
Take 3. Jay-Z, Hova, Jay Hova, Jehova, Jehova of Rap (@ least dat is what he calls himself)  cry
Take 4. Run this town. I'm sure itwill become a Free mason-theme song
and oh so many other songs u'll never believe actually are!

finally in my own view Rock Rocks

www.bizkitbizkit..com
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2009
How the heck can a genre be satanic for crying out loud? Isn't it usually the lyrics and concept of the song that determines this, regardless of the genre? After all, there is Christian Rock isn't there?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinaded(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2009
The Initiator of this thread is a blind-biased-beautiful_music-hater. plain & simple

the initiator is simply asking a question!!!!!
is it or is it not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Are Our Women, Our Divas? / 'My Darlin' Video By Tiwa Savage Ft "Grandma Savage" / BET 2017: Wizkid, Tekno, Davido Nominated For Best International Act Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.