Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25218 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by lammyshegs(f): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
so they say.do u know that they also said if u play thesame rock music cd the other way round,you would here Devil himself talking?
        well i dont listen to rock anyway
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by firstborn: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2008
IGNORANCE INDEED CAN MAKE THE MOST EDUCATED OF MEN LOOK LIKE STREET TOUTS

, IF U CHECK THESE PEOPLE THAT IS PROPAGATING THEIR HATE FOR ROCK MUSIC, YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THEY LIKE LISTENING TO GROUPS LIKES

NEWSBOYS, GWEEN STEPHANIE, ROD STEWART, TINA TURNER, SONIC FLOOD, DC TALK, AEROSMITH ETC, EVEN OUR OWN SADE PLAYS ROCK MUSIC LIKE "BY UR SIDE".
STUPID HYPOCRITES. angry angry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by frank316(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2008
its very sad that plenty Nigerians dont listen to rock music, and ignorantly calling it devilish.
there is devil every where, even in the church( he is there to make you sleep) may be for that we should say going to church is devilish.

guys do you know snoop dog has a song titiled "dog si natas?" backwards is means "satan is god"
so if you think rock music is devilish, devil will just laugh at you and make you listen to the likes of nelly, r.helly, jay z, beyonce, t-pain, who show you so much unclothedness, whats more devilish than dat.

rock is beautiful, rock is music. rock music is music for the soul, it does not fad away with time, always having a lasting a impression, the memory never goes away.

well if it devilish, i will just suck the flavour and throw the devil away
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by GL(f): 1:31am On Apr 27, 2008
i love rock, particularly christian rock. i've always heard that rock music is satanic and tended to stay away from it but there was a time when i was hearing so much of it on theme radio in shopping malls and public places and before i knew it i was always singing one rock song or the other. then i noticed there were lots of them on MTV daily. anyway, now i enjoy rock though i'm usually wary of heavy metal, all along i didnt even know there were christian rock songs. all i'd heard about rock music from christian circles were negative. then i accidentally came across Jeremy Camp and Casting Crowns on youtube and their songs actually blessed my life. the messages were just what i needed to raise my spirits at the time. and i've been hooked to christian rock since then.

i don't believe that rock as a genre is satanic. any kind of music can be satanic. i think, though, that rock music helps listeners handle strong emotions (especially anger, ).
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by luridguy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2008
luridguy:

http://www.av1611.org/rock.html

now am more convinced
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tekzone: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2008
Not all rock music is satanic. Mind you we have christian rock and secular rock.

Satanism means anything that is not Godly. So, just because a particular music is referred to as satanic doesn't really mean that the referrer is really godly enough to discern the difference between Godliness and Satanism. Absense of Godliness gives room to Satanism.

So, if you referred to something as satanic, that means that it repulses you and if it repulses , then make sure that you are living a Godly life because you may belong to them without knowing it.

Remember, you can't straddle the fence. You MUST be on one side.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Viante(f): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
Oh my days cry, there goes my dream of doing rock music after school!

there it goes cry

Down the drain! cry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:03am On May 01, 2008
Viante:

Oh my days cry, there goes my dream of doing rock music after school!

there it goes cry

Down the drain! cry

u cld do gospel!!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by NubianQ(f): 9:13pm On May 07, 2008
i am addicted to rock music!!!!!! its not satanic, its Art!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 11, 2008
satanic? pplz i listen to rock music, yes some may b satanic but who cares?

heard of cannibal corpse? well their lyrics r disturbing but that is d best bit. some people like me live on stuff like that

there's bands against god and all that, but in d end it's what people feel comfortable listenin to.

btw am nigerian aswell

and not all rock music concentrate on anti-christ, most of them r like your normal everyday hip hop lyrics. love, hatred, friendship, life all that, most rock music is all bout these. so dnt judge, rock on people

and this thing people do with their hands,  \m/ yes its a sign of devil's horn but who cares

slipknot rules, system of a down, metallica, pantera, cannibal corpse, killswitch engage, sub dub micromachine, stone sour, koRn, elliot minor, simple plan, good charlotte, paramore, evanescence, within temptation, trivium, megadeath, rage against the machine, opeth, camp kill yourself, sum41, iron maiden, tatu, tokio hotel, rammstein, all these bands rule and many more

they all play differently and have diff songs bout diff stuff, metal music is d best tho.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by 4eversteve: 5:12pm On May 30, 2008
I drink rock like water.Anybody can say anything but all i know is that it will be like 4EVER in my life.As I know that we all see things from different perspective.Call me anyone,08037375064.or keepthefate@yahoo.com
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by 4eversteve: 5:18pm On May 30, 2008
Pls, anyone should tell me about UNIJOS.Any Post jamb test there? pls call 08037375064.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:21pm On May 30, 2008
4eversteve:

Please, anyone should tell me about UNIJOS.Any Post jamb test there? please call 08037375064.

u might not get help here
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by NubianQ(f): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2008
i am a rock fan, heavy metal i love sooooo much.

not satanic, its an art!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Hardballer(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2008
although names like:
Toxikk Prophecy
Black Altar
Upsidedown Cross
Evil Goat
Unholy Thirstification
Dead Corpse
LoinKloth
Dead Choirboy
Unholy Evil
Nuclear Crucifixion
Priest Beast
Scary Ritual at Night
to name a few, can be misleading we must understand tht not all are demonic e.g linkin park ,nicleback ,goor charlotte, fall out boy etc we shndt take the good with the bad
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Bamsyle(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2008
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! heartbeat rising faster as he recalls his spooky days, listening to the darn thing Please ban it angry Rock fans plz don't reply me runs to hide behind the door but still peeps wink occasionally to see if any weird rock fan's still hanging around

They're used mostly for soundtracks in dem really spooky horror movies (Psycho, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Exorcist; really there's something eerie 'bout this music) Now thinking OMG! poster why're you frightening us all with this post nah? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2008
so most peeps think its just music
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by annekix(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2008
I have two words 4 some of you lot

Ignorance and Hypocracy!

alot of you dont even know the history of rock, the origin, even the artists themselves!?

It is BLACK METAL THAT IS DEMONIC NOT THE WHOLE OF ROCK

i love rock music, how dare you judge something you know nothin about and categorize the whole genre as demonic?

rock consists of different categories :

alternative rock, hard rock, grunge, punk rock, heavy metal , i cant remember all of them but the fact is there are loads of categories of rock thats why some of you may find certain types wierd.

the most popular types are the category of Nu-metal, which is were artists like linkin park, limpbizkit and a whole lot of others are found.

fact:- i will not deny there are some rock artists that are satanic, their are, but the idiot's went and made a different genre for themselves called ''Black metal''

It is BLACK METAL THAT IS Satanic NOT THE WHOLE OF ROCK

it has different name's :- Melodic black metal - Symphonic black metal - Viking black metal - Ambient black metal, Blackened death metal - Black doom - Gothic black metal - Industrial black metal
na still the same thing,

Black metal has been met with considerable hostility from the american public , mainly due to the misanthropic and anti-Christian even rascist ideology of many artists.

the genre has been criticized heavily for their lyrics which out rightly promote devil worship, so, when ur talking about rock music that is demonic or sounds demonic its probably black metal.

but whatever dem dey sing about na their F*ng business, i dont listen to it, i've neva listend to it and i neva will,

but what i do listen to is Rock, nu metal, heavy metal, hard rock and some alternative rock and (UN-Black metal, A.K.A, Christian ROCK)

how dare you simply classify the whole of rock music as satanic.? thats crazy!

then that would mean hip hop is satanic too, especially since bone thugs and harmony, and the fools who call themselves triple6 mafia are artists who are said to be linked to the devil.

Abeg their are lots of beautiful rock songs out there:-

when im gone by 3doors down, so far away by staind, how u remind me by nickleback even sk8er boi by avril lavigne, apologize by one republic , evannescence, Cranberries!!! linkin park!!!! so many mor i cant remember

MAKe uNA NO MAKE ME VEX HERE O! research properly b4 u start spreading what you dont know any thing about!!!!

Demonic Ko satanic ni.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by annekix(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2008
that's how a friend of mine in deeper life told me that their pastor told them that their are one thousand deamons living inside jeans and trousers and female members should not wear them!!!

oh and the recent one i heard that G-string are the instruments of satan himself!

that the devil had a guitar he used to play, it got broken and the strings from the guitar were scattered to earth to make underwear for humans!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2008
annekix:

I have two words 4 some of you lot

Ignorance and Hypocracy!

alot of you don't even know the history of rock, the origin, even the artists themselves!?

It is BLACK METAL THAT IS DEMONIC NOT THE WHOLE OF ROCK

i love rock music, how dare you judge something you know nothin about and categorize the whole genre as demonic?

rock consists of different categories :

alternative rock, hard rock, grunge, punk rock, heavy metal , i can't remember all of them but the fact is there are loads of categories of rock thats why some of you may find certain types wierd.

the most popular types are the category of Nu-metal, which is were artists like linkin park, limpbizkit and a whole lot of others are found.

fact:- i will not deny there are some rock artists that are satanic, their are, but the idiot's went and made a different genre for themselves called ''Black metal''

It is BLACK METAL THAT IS Satanic NOT THE WHOLE OF ROCK

it has different name's :- Melodic black metal - Symphonic black metal - Viking black metal - Ambient black metal, Blackened death metal - Black doom - Gothic black metal - Industrial black metal
na still the same thing,

Black metal has been met with considerable hostility from the american public , mainly due to the misanthropic and anti-Christian even rascist ideology of many artists.

the genre has been criticized heavily for their lyrics which out rightly promote devil worship, so, when ur talking about rock music that is demonic or sounds demonic its probably black metal.

but whatever them dey sing about na their F*ng business, i don't listen to it, i've never listend to it and i never will,

but what i do listen to is Rock, nu metal, heavy metal, hard rock and some alternative rock and (UN-Black metal, A.K.A, Christian ROCK)

how dare you simply classify the whole of rock music as satanic.? thats crazy!

then that would mean hip hop is satanic too, especially since bone thugs and harmony, and the fools who call themselves triple6 mafia are artists who are said to be linked to the devil.

Abeg their are lots of beautiful rock songs out there:-

when I'm gone by 3doors down, so far away by staind, how u remind me by nickleback even sk8er boi by avril lavigne, apologize by one republic , evannescence, Cranberries!!! linkin park!!!! so many mor i can't remember

MAKe uNA NO MAKE ME VEX HERE O! research properly before u start spreading what you don't know any thing about!!!!

Demonic Ko satanic ni.

am sure u saw a question mark after the topic undecided lipsrsealed
its a bloody question so spare me the epistle lipsrsealed

and mind u, u cant prove to me it isnt
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by annekix(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2008
yess i remembered

are you saying my future girlfriend that doesnt know it yet, Kelly Clarkson son is satanic too

my babe who sang "since you've been gone"
                                "break away"?

or my nigerian sister who hasnt returned my pam slippers "Sade Adu"  is satanic?

or my aunty who who divorced ikechukwu ''paulinus" tuner, Tina Turner is satanic?

sheryl crow, gwen stefani, Pink , Alanis Morrisette my white ex wives are the satanic?

or the Corrs- the group that sang runaway?, are the satanic too? even though we all go for choir rehersals together?

all these artists sing a differnt sub genre of rock and one thing is certain

they are not satanic!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2008
like i said b4 na question i ask wink
and deep down i know some are anyway
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by annekix(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2008
am sure u saw a question mark after the topic Undecided Lips sealed
its a bloody question so spare me the epistle Lips sealed

and mind u, u can't prove to me it isnt

@tosin

guy i have no beef with you men grin, i am aware its a question, i'm addressing those who are prejugding the whole category of rock as satanic!

and im trying to point out that it is the sub genre called BLACK METAL that is satanic

not the whole of rock!

you can check out wikipedia for Black metal, and also search rock see what u come up with!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:23am On Dec 09, 2008
no probs cool
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by annekix(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2008
cool cool cool Cool men, peace !

annekiX leaves thread, goes to sports forum and increases the volume of cd player, track playing you can have whatever u like by T.I.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by chasong(m): 11:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
play a major chord, count four full tones and play another major, then count one full tone
and play another major chord
then if you really feel like, count one more tone and play a minor chord

congrats, you just played ROCK in its purest form, as long as you played it on the guitar
wink

now sing,to the chords "You make my heart ache,, until it quakes, and when l wake to the sounds you make, my innards shake"
that ROCK with emotional LYRICS
but sing to the same chords (if you have the guts) "Satan, you rule, and all creation falls for you, and in truth so few, have found the wonders of you, "

THAT is satanic,

Hope in some way, l have helped to answer the question about if rock is evil

I will be coming back to Nigeria shortly and will be playing rock music with my band
I am christian and some songs will be about the christian way, some will be about love and life, and some will just be about expressing myself,
Like HE said "I am come that they might have life, and more ABUNDANTLY"

So if God has not said something is evil, do not call it evil without UNBIASED STUDY, if you can ever allow yourself attain it
past the fear of man and shallow thinking that plague so many

Kind regards,
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by fireman: 12:08am On Feb 26, 2009
No it's not. I find it a little slly to believe that the "devil" decided to own/influence/create/whatever a genre of music and set up record companies with execs and artists from many little towns and cities; and marketing companies, publishing companies etc to earn some dough/influence the minds of unsuspecting beings with "freewill". Don't disappoint the education you were given. Leave all these fairy tales alone and build a better life for yourself, your family and your neighbor. "Satan" indeed,
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by jadestar: 4:57am On Feb 26, 2009
This is a ridiculous question. It's like asking if Hip Hop/Rap promotes murder and criminality.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by YEMINEM(m): 6:20am On Feb 28, 2009
@poster (tosinadeda)

satanic indeed

@all rock haters

isn't the world full of satanic acts perpetrated by diabolic people?

therefore is d whole of mankind demonic?

hitler to some people is a devil, to some people he's a God sent among Neo-Nazist white supremacist

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2009
Suppose, for just a moment, that some--by no means all, but some--of these so-called "satanic" rock musicians could enjoy more extravagant lifestyles if they were playing, say, acoustic jazz.  Would that make the realm of acoustic jazz, itself, satanic? 

Of course not.  It would simply mean that there were a fringe element taking artistic liberties (as all music forms started out to be).  NOTHING in the music itself makes it more or less satanic than other music.  Particular song lyrics?  Yes, they might have an overtone of "darkness," but that is only to insure that the commercial aspect of the art is viable.  After all, if nobody hears it, then there's no reason to do it, right?

As to backmasking, tell me this: Who listens to their music backwards (save some of you who are more serious about structure and enjoy pallindromes)? More to the point, HOW would you listen to music backwards? IF there were any validity to backmasking (and there is none), then why does someboy have to point it out? Why are we all not spontaneously aware of it as it happens? Because, quite simply, it doesn't happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Are Our Women, Our Divas? / BET 2017: Wizkid, Tekno, Davido Nominated For Best International Act Africa / 'My Darlin' Video By Tiwa Savage Ft "Grandma Savage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.