Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25206 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2008
There was popular group named black sabaath and a former lead singer now a gospel artist talked of the satan worship and symbols.
Rock music is satanic.
People have played their tapes backwards and heard stuff praising satan.
let him who has an ear ,hear.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by AKO1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
I personally believe that what makes a song satanic or not is the motive behind the songwriter's/instrumentalist's writing the song. That's why gospel rock is NOT satanic because the writer's motive is to glorify God.
Or haven't you discovered that as nice as latin music is, there are some instrumentals (not even lyrics) that are deliberately designed to arouse sexual feelings, which would be inappropriate for certain age groups and single folks. So it depends on the effect(s) the writer(s) intend it to have on people.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2008
osisi

I dont expect such ignorance from you

First off Black Sabbath is METAL musicand yes they are known for trying to seem "scary" by claiming occult garbage. If you wanna call THEm Satanic that's fine

But to call all rock music "satanic", that's just ridiculous and something I'd expect from Baba Suwe.

Rock Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rap
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Frizy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2008
I have heard that rock was satanic long ago but I felt it was untrue, not until I watched a documentary by Harun yahya saying many rock stars are satanists. There was a rock concert in the U.S and bibles were been torn and burnt on stage. People were really acting crazy.Shouting half naked and talking against God.
It's satanic, but may appear so only if you know what satanic is.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
so because of one dumb metal concert, Rock music is satanic

How can people sincerely be this ignorant?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Frizy(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2008
What is ignorance?It's from someone's research. Believe me, that guy speaks the truth. Even when it's bitter.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2008
Dude be quiet

What is to be bitter about? The fact that some people are so retarded they consider the video of one metal concert as being "Research"? Bitter ko, Bitter leaf ni.

Some of you reason like those who have had a lobotomy. So embarrassing.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
D-reloaded:

osisi

I don't expect such ignorance from you

First off Black Sabbath is METAL musicand yes they are known for trying to seem "scary" by claiming occult garbage. If you want to call THEm Satanic that's fine

But to call all rock music "satanic", that's just ridiculous and something I'd expect from Baba Suwe.

Rock Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rap

sorry to dissapoint you .
metal,rock ,metallic rock,same six pence.

David Bowie:
"Rock has always been THE DEVIL'S MUSIC. . ." (Rolling Stone, Feb. 12, 1976)

John Lennon:
"I've sold my soul to the DEVIL." (Ray Coleman, Lennon, p.256)

Little Richard:"I'm the Rock 'n Roll singer that you heard about through the years. . . I was directed and commanded by another power. The power of DARKNESS. . . The power of the DEVIL. SATAN." (Charles White, The Life and Times of Little Richard, pp. 205-206)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2008
For starters, Kurt Cobain made no qualms about who he was serving when he made it known publicly that his stated goal was to “get stoned and worship Satan” (op. cit. Sandford, p. 42).  Cobain, like other Satanists, also had a penchant for the desecration of churches. Cobain with his bass player Chris Novoselic, spray-painted “GOD IS GAY” on a church building (Ibid. pp. 57, 165).  Cobain, according to Rolling Stone, would also spray-paint “HOMO SEXUAL SEX RULES” on a bank.  Rolling Stone further reported that other favorite graffiti included “GOD IS GAY” and “ABORT CHRIST” (Rolling Stone, Inside the Heart & Mind of Nirvana, by Michael Azerrad, April 16, 1992
). 
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Frizy(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2008
@D-reloaded
Easy now, has it got to that level that you're refering to me as someone who had a brain surgery. angry angry angry.
It's left for you to believe okay!!!
Listen to it.I don't care!!! angry angry.
There is also a tape I heard talking specifically about rock.Titled "from the shadows".Many rock stars record satanic incanations when you back track a song.
Never mind rock. I can see why you're so adamant to stick to your opinion.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
[b]In Smash Hits magazine, Bon Jovi says: ". . . I'd kill my mother for rock and roll.  I WOULD SELL MY SOUL."

“We receive our songs by inspiration, like at a séance” (Keith Richards of the ROLLING STONES, Rolling Stone, May 5, 1977, p. 55).

"The throbbing beat of rock provides a vital sexual release for adolescent audiences." (Jan Berry)

"Pop music is sex, and you have to hit them in the face with it." (Andrew Oldham, recording manager for the 'Rolling Stones')

"We take kids away from their parents and their environment to where the only reality is the rhythm and the beat." (Donnie Brewer of Grand Funk)

"Rock music is a greater influence over the souls of men than primitive Christianity." (John Denver)

"Sex is where its at in music, and I like it." (Johnny Bristol)

"I’ve always thought that the main ingredients in rock are sex, really good stage shows and really sassy music, Sex and sass, I think that’s where it’s at." (Debbie Harry, lead singer with Blondie)

"I'm in rock music for the sex and narcotics." (Glenn Frey of 'The Eagles')

"Rock 'n' roll is 99% sex." (John Oates)

", you meditate and you got the candles, you got the incense and you've been chanting, and all of a sudden you hear this voice: 'Write this down'" ([color=#990000]Carlos Santana, Rolling Stone magazine, March 16, 2000, p. 41)[/color]

"Everyone takes it for granted that rock and roll is synonymous with sex." (Chris Stein, lead guitarist with 'Blondie.')

"Rock music is sex. The beat matches the body rhythms." (Frank Zappa, superstar of 'Mothers of Invention' fame.)

"Rock concerts are the churches of today." (Guitarist Craig Chaquico of the group 'Jefferson Starship.')

“I felt like a hollow temple filled with many spirits, each one passing through me, each inhabiting me for a little time and then leaving to be replaced by another” (John Lennon, People, Aug. 22, 1988, p. 70).

The song "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones, is the official anthem for the Church of Satan.  In it, Lucifer speaks in the first person and asks sympathy for all who meet him.  Lead singer, Mick Jagger claims that Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible, helped inspire their music!  Their album titled, "Their Satanic Majesties Request", leaves no doubt to their allegiance!

Pink Floyd sings, in the song "Sheep",

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . .
With bright knives he RELEASETH MY SOUL
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . .
For lo, he hath great power and GREAT HUNGER."
[/b]
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/devils_music.htm
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
You highlighted alot about sex btw osisi. something Rap music is known for.

"I make it rain on these hos"?

or Obeseere's "Apple Juice" which is about peeing on people during sex.

Anyway I see the concept of sarcasm eludes most of you.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2008
one might as well refrain from reading, since a lot of books also contain negative messages.heck, we might as well not go to school. after all science promotes both good and evil.

we can also assume that TV is satanic - since there is so much sex on TV. . .

and what does this have to say about christian rock that features on gospel radio etal? is that also stealth satanism?

in the end, people always find what they are looking for.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/hotel.asp

this cant be pasted, but its about the hotel california -
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
oyb:

one might as well refrain from reading, since a lot of books also contain negative messages.heck, we might as well not go to school. after all science promotes both good and evil.

we can also assume that TV is satanic - since there is so much sex on TV. . .

and what does this have to say about christian rock that features on gospel radio etal? is that also stealth satanism

No Christian "rock" is satanic too *rolls eyes*

I bet these same people wouldnt throw away their "satanic" TVs
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
reloaded rock artists generally use well known satanic symbols and reverence satan in their lyrics and many are professed satanists,does that not make them satanc?
sex and drugs go hand in hand with all vile acts.
When the rock artists themselves tell me they reverence satan,do I need another proof?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by smartsoft(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2008
My people perish cos of lack of Knowledge, go get yourself good knowledge about music you that says rock is satanic, !
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
Its either they re satanists or retards!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Noebel

David A. Noebel (born 1937[1]) is an American religious leader. He is the current director of Summit Ministries, in Manitou Springs, Colorado in the United States. Since the 1960s, he has written widely on the relationship between religion and popular culture, and is an outspoken critic of secular humanism,[2] which he describes as a religion.[3]

Noebel was a member of the Council for National Policy beginning in 1984, and a candidate for Congress against Rep. Robert Kastenmeier, and was a former Associate Evangelist of Billy James Hargis's Christian Crusade.[4]Contents [hide]

Life

Noebel was educated at the Milwaukee Bible College, Hope College (Holland, Michigan, B.A.), and the University of Tulsa (M.A.). He studied philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but did not complete a doctorate; despite this, he and his organization continually refer to him as "Dr. David Noebel"[5]. He was ordained a minister in 1961.[6] He was pastor of Grace Bible Church, Madison, Wisconsin; president and professor of Biblical Studies, American Christian College, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is a member of the American Philosophical Association and the Southwestern Philosophical Society. He is also a member of the International Platform Association.

In 1962 he founded Summit Ministries, a Christian leadership training organization designed "to help parents prepare their teenage children to maintain and defend the Christian worldview in the midst of anti-Christian schools, universities, and society in general."[6] He has directed the Summit Youth Ministries since 1964. The ministry grew in size considerably after being mentioned on James Dobson's radio show.[6] He is editor of their monthly journal, The Journal.

In 1965 he wrote a pamphlet, "Communism, Hypnotism And The Beatles." It was followed in 1966 by Rhythm, Riots, and Revolution, which inflamed the debate about the presence of Communism in music, especially folk and folk-rock. [7] He saw contemporary popular music as a Soviet plot to brainwash American youth. Unlike other religious critics of popular music, he backed up his analysis with references outside the Bible, using scholarly footnotes and . The attack was influential and widely adopted by later critics of rock music.[8]

At the same time as a spoken word album, The Marxist Minstrels, was released. The back cover of the album promotes the book, which is said to describe "how the American Reds are using music to destroy our youth, Morally and Patriotically!" According to the blurb, Noebel spent two years writing the book and discussed it nationally in the media, including a feature in Newsweek.[9] The book The Marxist Mistrels, published in 1973, expands on his theory of the communist intentions of rock music.[8]

In 1977, he published The Homosexual Revolution, which was dedicated to Anita Bryant. In this book he describes how "homosexuality rapidly is becoming one of America's most serious social problems."[10] He later co-authored AIDS: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome: A Special Report', and contributed frequent articles against homosexuality to The Journal.

In 1991 he authored the 900-page Understanding the Times: The Religious Worldviews of our Day and the Search for Truth, a textbook interpreting current intellectual movements, from Biblical Christianity, Secular Humanism, Marxism/Leninism, the New Age Movement, Islam, and Postmodernism. It is widely used among Christian schools, churches and colleges, either in its unabridged or abridged formats. Ministry Watch described it as his most notable book.[6] It was cited by DJ Grothe as changing his life, inadvertently, by introducing him to humanism.[11]

In 2001, Noebel co-authored with Tim LaHaye Mind Siege, which was a New York Times best-seller.[11] He has also produced a number of educational materials, including textbooks (with teacher's guides) and video curricula.

i'm sure its this guys acolytes that are making all this stuff up
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backmasking

Satanic backmasking

Although the Satanic backmasking controversy involved mainly classic rock songs whose authors denied any intent to promote Satanism, backmasking has been used by heavy metal bands to insert Satanic messages in their lyrics or imagery. Still, the majority of bands that use Satanic imagery have not been shown to be Satanists, and many bands have utilized Satanic imagery solely for commercial reasons.[38] For example, thrash metal band Slayer included at the start of the band's 1985 album Hell Awaits a deep backmasked voice chanting "Join Us" over and over at increasing volumes for 1 minute and 2 seconds until a deep voice says "Welcome Back."(listen (info)).[39][40][41] However, Slayer vocalist Tom Araya states that the band's use of Satanic imagery was "solely for effect".[42] Cradle of Filth, another band that has employed Satanic imagery, released a song entitled "Dinner at Deviant's Palace", consisting almost entirely of ambient sounds and a reversed reading of the Lord's Prayer[43] (a backwards reading of the Lord's Prayer is reportedly a major part of the Black Mass).[19][44

back in the day i thought all that gangsta rap was 4 real. these days when kids jbber about how tough 50 cent is, i just laugh. in showbiz, there no such thing as bad publicity. shock rises your artiste's profile and thats what sells records. end of story. campaigns against the hidden message etal will only make people go out and buy the music to see for themselves. for all you know some of these christain crusaders are nothing more than savvy publicists.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by cescky(m): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
go to the link below and get all the facts and fictions
[url]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/ozzy_osbourne.htm[/url] undecided
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2008
Let he who has an ear hear
The link below has enough info to last one a lifetime.
Some would never know the truth even if it smacked them in the face.
The good thing about this is people have an opportunity to decide for themselves after knowing the facts.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/devils_music.htm
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by bluespice(f): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
oh pls "rock music is satanic" why cant u gys really think b4 u post i mean i looove rock hard core for that matter yeah some sing of dark stuff but if u had a nightmare after watching a rock video means nothing i have had soooo many nightmares after watching nigerian videos but this doesnt mean they are satanic its depends on who sings what simple
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
Satanic imagery have not been shown to be Satanists, and many bands have utilized Satanic imagery solely for commercial reasons

Exactly. Cant believe people fall for that crap.

Most of these people claim satanic blah blah just to be controversial which usually leads to higher album sales

since all rock music is evil, I wonder what makes Christian ROCK?

ignorance sha
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2008
You hit the nail in the head( BRAVO ZULU ). Nice lyrist you named there, common, talib kweli, dead prez, by the ways have you seen Talib Kweli's new video Hostile Gospel - It was shot in Nigeria, talib was climbing Okada and stuff, he really embraced the culture without critisizing it.

TO Issue Concerning Rock Music.
I think the genre most people are refering is the Gothic side of rock music.
Most Rock songs pass powerful messages either about falling in love, heart brokenness, broken homes, dashed hopes.
Is the group U2 demonic? I hope you know they are a rock band right? they have done more for Africa than all the Nigerian leaders combined have done for Nigeria.
or is Green day demonic. Listen to the lyrics then you will begin to understand.
One of my Favorite group is a rock band Evanescene, whose lead singer Amy lee is in my opinion one of the most mature and self respecting individual in hollywood.

narcissus (m)
Nigera

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic
« #26 on: July 23, 2007, 10:02 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: LILDICE$ on July 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
a rap song is always talking about how fresh how real how much money u got how gansta u are and shit,how to get girls.

a rock song is always talking about how gay how weird,and rock people are gay people undercover,dress in tight jeans piercing every part of they body looking nasty sneefing coke amin the hip hop tradition is something that black people got from the hood while they were struggling hard life,but a rock song is always talking about stupid shit and having a hole bunch of tattoos.

It'amusing to say the least, your argument. Have you ever really listened to rock? I might be suffering from selective amnesia but most rock songs i listen to speak in very lucid terms about the depth and complexity of the human ex;perience. It's also true that some rock stars are all you described in your post but those you allude to are not representative of the entire genre. It's like drawing blanket conclusions on hip hop as violent, shallow, materialistic, denigrating to women, lewd (which some would ascribe to the work of demons of the last days) etc because of the work of some of their artists while ignoring the lifting work of people like talib kweli, dead prez, common, kanye west etc. So, I think it would be fair and only logical to understand the diffrerence between the main form and the extreme of any social or artistic expression.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
Is the group U2 demonic? I hope you know they are a rock band right? they have done more for Africa than all the Nigerian leaders combined have done for Nigeria

Please tell them. I wonder if the whole Nairaland has done half of what Bono has in the UN with his "evil music"
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Scarlett(f): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
Ok, there is a question mark, so i will assume this is a question
Rock Music is not Satanic.
From the replies i have read, it is obvious there is a pure lack of understanding here
Rock music is as satanic as any other kind of music you listen to.
Because some rock musicians do state where their worship lies doesn't mean the whole
genre should be termed as such.
Rock is a Genre which simply denotes how a certain piece of music is arranged or played

Simple. People please, be objective, this is a bit ridiculous to hear.

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by JayFK(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2008
Yeah, Ignorance is indeed a disease.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2008
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough

You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right

Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone

And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone

Sometimes you can't make it on your own

We fight all the time
You and I, that's alright
We're the same soul
I don't need, I don't need to hear you say
That if we weren't so alike
You'd like me a whole lot more

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone

And it's you when I don't pick up the phone

I know that we don't talk
I'm sick of it all
Can - you - hear - me - when - I -

Sing, you're the reason I sing
You're the reason why the opera is in me, 

Where are we now?
I've got to let you know
A house still doesn't make a home
Don't leave me here alone, 

And it's you that makes it hard to let go
Sometimes you can't make it
The best you can do is to fake it

back when i first heard this song - i almost cried. cause it reminded me of myself and my old man - as in we have so much in common, but we don't always get along.

please tell me the satanic message in that song. cry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2008
more satanism from u2 - a great song to listen to on the way to work

The heart is a bloom
Shoots up through the stony ground
There's no room
No space to rent in this town

You're out of luck
And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere

You thought you'd found a friend
To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand
In return for grace

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

You're on the road
But you've got no destination
You're in the mud
In the maze of her imagination

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out

It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Reach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
Was a beautiful day

my oh my - satan must have done so much with that piece!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by TheSly: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
Rock music aint satanic.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
yep avril lavinge must also be a satanist-

whats up with all that kohl make up and the tie she used to wear? grin
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2008
Like my mom said when she saw the CNN Documentary about Nigerians in America.  " GENERALISATION GBA"
this is nothing but a case of Generalisation. It's a common say that in order to relay a valid argument, one must state both sides. Many of you have failed to acknowledge the good works of others. It wasn't even a case of " Most rock band" " Majority of rock music" but rather "Rock music" which includes every genre of Rock. There are countless mainstream artist that have consistently acknowledge God in their music. Coldplay - a multiplatinum selling group- for one, sang this song

Where do we go nobody knows?
Ive gotta say Im on my way down
God give me style and give me grace
God put a smile upon my face

Where do we go to draw the line?
Ive gotta say I wasted all your time, honey honey
Where do I go to fall from grace?
God put a smile upon your face
Yeah
And ah
When you work it out Im worse than you
Yeah
When you work it out I wanted to
And ah
When you work out where to draw the line
Your guess is as good as mine

Dont ever say youre on your way down when
God gave you style and gave you grace

And ah
When you work it out Im worse than you
Yeah
When you work it out I wanted to
And ah
When you work out where to draw the line
Your guess is as good as mine
Its as good as mine
Its as good as mine
Its as good as mine
As good as mine
As good as mine
As good as mine
As good as mine

Dont even say you're on your way down when
God gave you style and gave you grace

Does this sound satanic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Are Our Women, Our Divas? / 'My Darlin' Video By Tiwa Savage Ft "Grandma Savage" / BET 2017: Wizkid, Tekno, Davido Nominated For Best International Act Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.