Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Plateau Or Gombe State? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Plateau Or Gombe State? (25194 Views)

Please Post Any Job In Kaduna,plateau Or Kano State Here / Massive Recruitment At Gombe State University Of Science And Technology / Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Vicotex(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
My brother move to sambisa

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Prettylima(f): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
The land is greener on the other side. [center][/center] grin
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by izubext007: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
[s]
lagusboyyy:
I'm a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

But due to the rising and unavailability of good jobs around, i have been thinking of moving over to the North for greener pasture, i want to leave my comfort zone.

So, two states are on my mind, plateau state or gombe.

I really want input of individuals on this issues:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

Acceptability of strangers, and many more.

Which state do you guys think is ok, I'm really in need of a good job.

I will really appreciate this topic to be in frontpage so as to reach wider audience.

[/s]
My brother ur thought is not wrong at all , that was mine before I graduated from school. But this present govt. Has spoiled every thing.

Put one thing in mind
Bandits kidnappers, Boko Haram, and other.

So u knw what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Ugonna62: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Move to maiduguru or sambisa greener pastures plenty for there.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Moventist: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jos is the best because the climate is like England. Fresh food is in abundance. and the native are very welcoming

The only problem is that Muslims and Christians don't live in the same place but usually converge in the market to do their business and retire to their various abodes

The state don't have much industries but you can start business of your own. Like poultry tailoring and shop business

7 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by TA4TA4: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gombe state is considered to be a civil service state because the state government is the major employer of labor and another key employer of labor in the state is Ashaka cement PLC.

Loads of people in Gombe state engage in farming, cattle rearing.

Gombe state is notable for the cultivation of Soghum, soya beans, pepper, onion, ginger.

So, OP, when going to Gombe working in civil service or doing business l, especially food crops should be your masterplan

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by lukma227gmailcom(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jos is good
Cost of living is low
Accomodation is affordable
Security is relatively good
If u are hardworking n innovative u can make it big on d Plateau, the weather n people are wonderful.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Kwara1stson: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
There are no jobs in the north. The north don't invest in human development. Lagos will be your best shot

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by ceejay80s(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Its better u move to Iraq or Afghanistan

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by ariesbull: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Move to Imo...the grass has always been green there all year round
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by realman42: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
From Lagos to North is same as frying pan to fire

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by WoundedLamb: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
extol1:
it is not always green at the other side as you think
Yes, but this shouldn't deter anyone from trying.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Okoyouth: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
grin
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by EmmanuelScott1(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
So all this japa from this country, e no dey enter your ear.

No state in Nigeria have green pastures quoted by me grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
You want to move from Lagos to the North for Greener pasture Same Nigeria with the rising inflation and insecurity. Op you well so?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by funshint(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thinking of going to the North at this moment is generally risky...even Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by WinterMinter(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
borno will be perfect,since you want green pastures,sambisa forest fit the description undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by MrWTF(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021

Plateau state is Rich in weather and nature. low cost of living and transportation. But poverty Dey that land. Jobs Dey difficult to get.

I never stay Gombe. But trust me, if you spell “Mallam” from behind, na same thing

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by cutecanson(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
Plateau Hmmmm I stayed and lived in Jos, the capital of plateau state....job no de here except business wey u fit start with capital...bro think am well o cos e no easy for north here except u get connect wey go give u the job....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by phemmyfour: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I'm a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

But due to the rising and unavailability of good jobs around, i have been thinking of moving over to the North for greener pasture, i want to leave my comfort zone.

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

I will really appreciate this topic to be in frontpage so as to reach wider audience.

How can North and greener pastures be in the same sentence

8 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Cutezt(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Do you have detailed information about the state?

Please i will like you to share with me.

I am from Jos north lga, a bona-fide Plateau man, and if it is white collar job you are looking for in Plateau, don't waste your time, except you want to start up your own. I don't know about gombe tho, but I am pretty sure Plateau is even better than gombe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Papachulo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lol
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Jayrow08: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
LWTMB ooo Buhari government don over turn dis one head oo he say e dey find greener pastures 4 inside Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Missfranca18(f): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nawaoo
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by PastorFire: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
No much opportunities in Jos.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Seniorwriter(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

Your choice should be dependent on how familiar you are to the state and the clout strength you have in such state.

Howbeit ill suggest you consider earning via online and if you don't have a skill set you can monetize online try learn one.

In another news if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you are yet earning via online then it's your own undoing (Fault) cos there are thousands of ease2access activities online to legitimately earn @least $5 daily from.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by medokills(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bro, I did not go about your decision to relocate from Lagos to any other state in Nigeria. Lagos is the land of opportunities where you can connections that can take you to limelight. Relocating to outside Nigeria is the best option instead of within Nigeria. You will meet the same problem that is even worse than Lagos if you relocate within Nigeria. My brother, stay in Lagos, hustle more for you to get resources to relocate outside. Remember people like buhari with ethnic and religious bigotry are many in the northern part of Nigeria. Presently, it is not safe in terms of security
for southerners living in the North.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by yusluvad(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
No be lie...
flyca:
1. The grass is greener where you water it.

2. If you must leave your comfort-zone, leave it for a better place. Don't migrate North for now.

3. If you are from Lagos State (likely living rent-free in Lagos), you don't know what God has done for you.

Shalom!

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by MayorMgbedike(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Borno will be preferable, since u hv chosen to go North, go deeper but make sure you paid anyone you are owing before your departure.

Meanwhile, the pastures in the North is Brownish not Greener.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by seandurse(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nothing green about those pastures you willing to move into

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by airminem(f): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

My brother any place is better than the South for now o. Rituals in the SW, UGM in the SS & SE...sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Mydazz(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
This OP is either plain silly or playing around,.... if not in the absence of any sure job or business, why will anyone try to go up north from Lagos,......
Maybe the OP is hiding somethings anyway

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Most Employable Skills In Nigeria / Help Me And Thank God, Got Job With Nigerian Turkish International College / Heineken International Graduate Programme 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.