Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,628 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Plateau Or Gombe State? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Plateau Or Gombe State? (25213 Views)

Please Post Any Job In Kaduna,plateau Or Kano State Here / Massive Recruitment At Gombe State University Of Science And Technology / Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Go to Owerri , the future is female there
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
OP is simply bullshittin..... probably trying to advertise the north.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by MrHandsome2013: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I'm a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

But due to the rising and unavailability of good jobs around, i have been thinking of moving over to the North for greener pasture, i want to leave my comfort zone.

So, two states are on my mind, plateau state or gombe.

I really want input of individuals on this issues:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

Acceptability of strangers, and many more.

Which state do you guys think is ok, I'm really in need of a good job.

I will really appreciate this topic to be in frontpage so as to reach wider audience.

How old are you?
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nigerians and money.. money.. money!

Some people just want to live! Nobody is going nowhere with anything.
Besides,he is young let him be adventurous. He has lived his whole life in Lagosfor christsakes!

@OP...
Please spread your wings and fly.
If you studied a professional course you will find a good civil service job in a place like Gombe. You will grow through the ranks and find job satisfaction in adding value to your community unlike Lagos where people hardly ever add value, just constantly Rob Peter to pay Paul.

Like I said earlier, everyone I know there seems satisfied with the place.

princewarri1985:
What are you smoking bro? You need to change your weed dealer! Lagos state has more opportunities for hustlers than any state in Nigeria, and even more than abuja. Look around you mix up with people, there are alot of opportunities around you and your problem is just that you cant see it, if you are talking about leaving your comfort zone and migrating to north africa to hustle and eventually leaving this hell just like my friend did who is in europe now then i will advice you start with jigawa or katsina and make sure you have like 100k in your account with your master card and moving from one country to another exploring their women, food, etc and just having fun untill you get to your final destination. Its not gonna be easy coz you still gonna hustle along the way thats why you are a man and life is all about risk! My friend did it 15 years back today he is a citizen married to a white lady with 2 lovely kids. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by fayomim: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
No pastures is green in nigeria
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
bunto:
What about Unknown Gun Men ..aka UGM? cool

grin grin grin

Except say he be olopa cheesy

If he's no state actor, kosi wahala.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by JayB11(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I'm a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

But due to the rising and unavailability of good jobs around, i have been thinking of moving over to the North for greener pasture, i want to leave my comfort zone.

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

I will really appreciate this topic to be in frontpage so as to reach wider audience.

I would prefer you ask your relatives domiciled in those places first before you move. You may consider Kaduna too.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Whobedatte(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kano is your best bet if you thinking of hustling in the north .
Move to sabongari and start
A mini bar( beer parlour )
An Asun joint ( none in Sabongari )
A barbeque stand
Fried meat and ponmo joint with Jedi.
2 will be an instant hit for you as there are none in Sabongari
(Atiken road by court road )
Enugu road
Ibo road by onitsha road
Boma road are very good spots
I would have gone into these but due to religious crisis in Kano , I changed my mind .
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by davies(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
blizard44:
Omo.

Na between Devil and Blue Sea be this o.

Wetin you dey find for north?

Go Asaba or Uyo go stay.

Even if money no dey, we no go find you and we no go hear long story .

My brother, if you no get money, Uyo is a No for me o.
I schooled & stayed in Uyo for 13 years so base on experience is advise you have a good idea of how uyo is.
You're gonna spend money buying everything you need & it's exorbitant.
The cost of living in Uyo is far higher than Ph and Dia is no job in d town moreso there level of tribalism is high couple with the fact that you're a non indogene.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by rummmy: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gombe dry oooooooo.....nothing to do there,even the kpomo,beans,rice we use to bring to south and sell have been hijacked.
Better stay in Lagos and have hope.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by frozen70(f): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

Am still wondering why you think those states will offer you your dream job

No accommodation
No relations
No friends
No acceptance of job yet
No job offer yet
Boko haram and heards men

Anyway its your life that you are trading with
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
The comments I am seeing on this thread now helps me to make sense of what a top civil servant said to me recently.

Southerners keep looking for money when they are young and thus hardly find the civil service attractive. Then they now cry later when the Northerners, who mostly go into the civil service, now start taking leadership positions in future.

Southern youths' love for money, independence and disregard for hierarchical authority is why they lag behind the North in leadership....shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
bunto:
Sir, kindly quote statistics of how many people "venomous snakes" have killed in recent times please!

Google is your friend!

Gombe snake has a snake problem same way as Borno has Boko Haram problem. There was even a time a US NGO wanted to establish an anti-venom centre in the state but I think the state government wanted to extort the NGO which eventually frustrated the plan.

There was even a time an offer was made by some foreign expatriates living there that they were willing to pay locals about $30 per ml of venom if they can extract them from some selected species of snakes.

It even seems Plateau state is second followed by Nassarawa in the snake infestation chart.

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Jimmyubah2: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
I stay in Gombe, low cost of living and security I can guarantee you.
But jobs I can't. But if you can come and do private school teaching jobs and maybe do other hustles then you may come....

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by oluwafeolami(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=Patriot9 post=102676837]Firstly, I must commend on your courage, it's a good one.
I have never been to Gombe state before so let me leave that.
However, I have spent quite some years here in plateau State so let me share my experience with you.

1. Security: Yes no place is safe and secure in Nigeria but let me not generalize.
Plateau State is not entirely safe and dangerous. Some areas are red zones while some are green zones. This becomes a reality due to religious conflict in the state. We have Hausa/Muslims dominated areas while we also have christians/indegenes/d Igbos/Yorubas/(others) areas.
Despite all this religious and ethnic division, both christians, Muslims, hausa, Igbo, Yorubas and even indegenes do converge together to do business in places like Terminus market, bukuru market e.t.c. These are the business areas that accommodate all and sundry. But when fight breaks out, everybody will run to his or her green zone.
Plateau State security is a bit fragile.

Food: This is simple. Food is cheap here in Jos but not very cheap. M sure as a young chap, you can eat good food even with little amount.

Accommodation: Accommodation too is relatively cheap. I will leave this for others to highlight.

Aside jos north and jos south, no good jobs in other lgas. I served in Shendam few years ago. I don’t know about Gombe. But the atmosphere in plateau is relatively cool. I still plan to visit there again. Security is on the average there sha
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
"As a man thinketh, so he is".

I will be here when you are shouting again..."Southerners lives matter"!!! grin grin grin grin
fayomim:
No pastures is green in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by clems88(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
My brother ...I see your village people has finally settle your matter shocked you didn't see any other place instead na those danger zone u wan go.
I wish you luck. Don't comman open another thread lamenting later grin
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by madridsta007(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

I have been to and spend some time in both States.
If you can secure a good job there, move. But do not start a family there, at least not now. It will be hard not to start a family in Plateau State... Because, if a Jos girl holds you, my brother, forget about it.
The security situation is fragile in both States. Find the safest place and live there.
Live a very low-key life. Have few friends.
No risks, no rewards that is my kind of life, hence I cannot tell you not to move there smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sir, I get you. I never said there were no snakes in Gombe, I said how many people have the snakes killed?
prince3009:

Google is your friend!

Gombe snake has a snake problem same way as Borno has Boko Haram problem. There was even a time a US NGO wanted to establish an anti-venom centre in the state but I think the state government wanted to extort the NGO which eventually frustrated the plan.

There was even a time an offer was made by some foreign expatriates living there that they were willing to pay locals about $30 per ml of venom if they can extract them from some selected species of snakes.

It even seems Plateau state is second followed by Nassarawa in the snake infestation chart.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by favour32(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
Op nor be this time to go either of the state but if you want take the risk...oya na cool
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Dpaulie(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
From non-comfort zone to the death zone...good for u
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Livesimple: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
CaptainFM1:
Move out of Nigeria. The remain pastures that are green are reserved for feeding cows.

Hahhahahaha
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by akilo1: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Fear north
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by obinoral1179(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Cti28:
The states you mentioned, are dominated by civil servants.

Business only trives, when salary is paid.
Secondly, there are less factories and private establishments.

Unless you wish to go into teaching, but the pay is less, though cost of living is low.

Why not choose Lagos?
i concur
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by richmanrichard: 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
@Op, I ve lived in jos. If you want to enjoy jos; start a business. secondly, rent accomodation in christian dominated areas like apata, rayfield and other parts but you must avoid jos north at all cost.Avoid association/worship with fulani/ hausa muslims even if you are a muslim because they are all extremists n ready to kill you during crisis so far you are not hausa/fulani muslim. good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by obinoral1179(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
You are looking for job and you are relocating to a civil servants state and state in which they will favour indigene more... If you are going to the North I will suggest Kaduna but you job availability depends on the course you studies in school... All the best.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by condralbedez: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
You won leave Lagos go North for greener pastures, honestly you are strong dude
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by TomShelby: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

How can you say you want to leave Lagos to Gombe or Jos for greener pasture . This must be a joke. Loool. Have been to Jos and I can tell you there’s no money there except you’re a government worker or working for ITF and the security issues alone will make you consider running. Let me not even start with Gombe. You must really want to die grin grin
[/right][right]
grin[left][/left]

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by thesolutions(m): 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

The places you are planning to go to have the same challenges of unemployment. What are you going to the states you mentioned to offer there? If you are not doing anything meaningful in Lagos, there are possibilities that you would go there and be more frustrated. But if you have a need you are already meeting in Lagos with your skills, going to any of those states raises your chances of making it there with serious marketing of your skills and products.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Florencejames(f): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
No sir
Stay where you are or come to the west
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by mujaya1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
Come to sokoto, you will enjoy it,
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by seyz91(m): 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
What a thread

Haha

From Frying pan to Fire
cheesy
lagusboyyy:
I'm a sha a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? / Only For Teachers (intending) In Port Harcourt / Npower VAIDS/TAX Applicants 2017,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.