Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Plateau Or Gombe State? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Plateau Or Gombe State? (25216 Views)

Please Post Any Job In Kaduna,plateau Or Kano State Here / Massive Recruitment At Gombe State University Of Science And Technology / Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by lagusboyyy(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2021
CEOwatazs:

OP are you a graduate? If yes s which course.

Security wise go to Gombe. Don't believe anybody telling you that Gombe is not secured security wise. I stay there....
Thats my state.

And what do you intend to pursue over there?
Thanks bro.

I'm looking at getting a government paid job, which business do you think can fetch me money.

Since you are residing there, i will appreciate your detailed input.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by LegalWolf: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2021
Gerrard59:

Yet more deaths have been recorded in predominantly Hausa-Fulani areas than anywhere else in Nigeria. Same Hausa-Fulanis are behind Islamic terrorism, banditry and herdsmen crises.

So much for accommodating.

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t have replied you because I can see veiled contempt for the Hausa Fulani coupled with a sprinkle of lack of education. But, I do sincerely hope that you’ll be open-minded. You won’t allow preconceived notions and ideas to truncate our conversation.

Being accommodating has nothing to do with “more deaths recorded in predominantly Hausa Fulani areas” or linked with “Islamic terrorism”. In fact, both notions are mutually exclusive. The French are generally regarded to be accommodating but do you know how many wars they fought amongst themselves and they instigated in the whole of Europe? Does that make them “un-accommodating”? The point is: you can be an accommodating people and be a hot bed of crisis.

And for a fact, the Boko Haram crisis originated and engulfed the Kanuri part of Northern Nigeria and not the traditional Hausa - Fulani area. The hierarchy of Boko Haram is dominated by the Kanuris and so are the majority of their victims. So what are you saying here?

On farmer herder crisis. I acknowledge there is an Hausa Fulani element but the media is complicit in this. It is not every attack attributed to the Fulani’s that are actually carried out by them. Same way many igbos know that it is not every attack carried out UGM that is IPOB related. But that is a conversation for another day.

Then again, it is on record that most deaths in predominantly Hausa Fulani areas are not targeted at settlers or non-indigenes but people on the opposing spectrum. Have you heard that kidnappers freed their victims solely because their Hausa Fulani? Have you heard that Bandits attacked a place and only killed the Yoruba and Igbo living there and speared the Fulani? These are questions with tangential bearing to the discourse and your answers will help appreciate the crisis currently ongoing in the North has nothing to do with foreigners settling on indigenous people’s land.

I hope I’ve been able to strike something in your mind with these few points of mine

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Tribu(m): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2021
I served in Gombe, moved in to Jos after my service.

Both states are civil servants state. Plateau is even worse, it's just living in past glory.

I took up teaching job in Jos, the best u can have as a start up pay is 20k.
But Gombe is considerable better for business and more opportunities for NGO positions.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Gerrard59(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2021
LegalWolf:

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t have replied you because I can see veiled contempt for the Hausa Fulani coupled with a sprinkle of lack of education. But, I do sincerely hope that you’ll be open-minded. You won’t allow preconceived notions and ideas to truncate our conversation.

On farmer herder crisis. I acknowledge there is an Hausa Fulani element but the media is complicit in this. It is not every attack attributed to the Fulani’s that are actually carried out by them. Same way many igbos know that it is not every attack carried out UGM that is IPOB related. But that is a conversation for another day.

Then again, it is on record that most deaths in predominantly Hausa Fulani areas are not targeted at settlers or non-indigenes but people on the opposing spectrum. Have you heard that kidnappers freed their victims solely because their Hausa Fulani? Have you heard that Bandits attacked a place and only killed the Yoruba and Igbo living there and speared the Fulani? .

I hope I’ve been able to strike something in your mind with these few points of mine

Oh, c'mon! Is it from the blues that Fulani herdsmen became the fourth deadly terrorist group in the world?

These are questions with tangential bearing to the discourse and your answers will help appreciate the crisis currently ongoing in the North has nothing to do with foreigners settling on indigenous people’s land

Interesting... So ransacking indigenous people's lands in Benue and Plateau states has nothing to Islamic terrorists disguising as foreigners settling on their lands? shocked
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by LegalWolf: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Gerrard59:

Oh, c'mon! Is it from the blues that Fulani herdsmen became the fourth deadly terrorist group in the world?

Interesting... So ransacking indigenous people's lands in Benue and Plateau states has nothing to Islamic terrorists disguising as foreigners settling on their lands? shocked

You see the point: you pick areas that suit your narrative and veer off point. How has Fulani being named the fourth terrorist group invalidated the point that Hausa Fulani are hospitable On an unrelated note, how has the proscription of IPOB as a terrorist group by the FG relevant to the discourse that Igbos are an entrepreneurial people? Again, how has kidnapping and robbery in Port Harcourt significant to the conversation that the ikwerres are business oriented? Or the high prevalence of human rituals amongst the Yoruba important to the conversation that the Yoruba are open minded? You may wonder why I brought all these examples. I just to demonstrate that it is false to approximate the crime of few to an entire ethnic group. Afterall, the Fulanis have significant population in every west African country.

You alleged that the Hausa Fulani are preponderant in terms of Islamic terrorism. At least I was honest to acknowledge that the herder - farmer crisis have some Fulani elements, you were mischievous by not acknowledging my point on BH being Kanuri led and the references I made to France. Same goes for other points.

Again, on plateau and benue crisis, when last did you hear any crisis from jos like it was prevalent during jang’s rule? Does that ring a bell to you?

The thing is: I’ve engaged a lot of southerners/Christians and all I see is contempt, vile and hatred for the Fulbe. It’s understandable why we are scapegoated! I will implore you to feed yourself of positive news. I’m certain you’ve never been to the north. Try ask around and travel to our homeland. Educate yourself and free yourself of hate. It helps you not at all. Those turning you against us are friends with our top chaps. They dine together and you are here, spewing hatred. Go enjoy yourself man
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by CEOwatazs: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Thanks bro.

I'm looking at getting a government paid job, which business do you think can fetch me money.

Since you are residing there, i will appreciate your detailed input.

I don't wanna discourage you on the issue of Government work over there, but the truth is that government work in that state needs you to be highly and we'll connected bfo you will see any..... Indigenes hardly get anything talkmore of outsiders ( not an intend to discourage you sha)

I'm from that state and currently I'm out from there to the capital city just to get something doing.

Graduated since 2017 Accounting and finance and the only thing I was able to get there was teaching in private school.

I don't know how business orientes you are and the amount you intend to invest in business I would have advicedd you on something.

But the state is cool in time of stardard of living .

Thanks
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by lagusboyyy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
CEOwatazs:

I don't wanna discourage you on the issue of Government work over there, but the truth is that government work in that state needs you to be highly and we'll connected bfo you will see any..... Indigenes hardly get anything talkmore of outsiders ( not an intend to discourage you sha)

I'm from that state and currently I'm out from there to the capital city just to get something doing.

Graduated since 2017 Accounting and finance and the only thing I was able to get there was teaching in private school.

I don't know how business orientes you are and the amount you intend to invest in business I would have advicedd you on something.

But the state is cool in time of stardard of living .

Thanks
Thanks bro.

Which business do you think i can start there?
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Gamesmart: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I'm a graduate from one of the south west university in Nigeria, and i spend all my life in Lagos state , and also a yoruba guy from Lagos State.

But due to the rising and unavailability of good jobs around, i have been thinking of moving over to the North for greener pasture, i want to leave my comfort zone.

So, two states are on my mind, plateau state or gombe.

I really want input of individuals on this issues:

Cost of living

Availability of jobs

Security

Acceptability of strangers, and many more.

Which state do you guys think is ok, I'm really in need of a good job.

I will really appreciate this topic to be in frontpage so as to reach wider audience.

The places with commercial activities and jobs in Nigeria are:

Lagos, FCT, PH and some SW states (mainly Ogun and Oyo).

The rest of Nigeria is civil service or singular industry states.

Except you are going to these places to farm or start a small trade business, forget them.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by allen2020(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
plateau or gombe is good...but Kano State is a commercial City where you can establish yourself with a good profitable business
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:00am On Jun 21, 2021
liver123:
Guy there is nothing in plateau except if you want to go and be farming Irish potato

No need sending email requests. Rather state your interest here for directives or reach out via the facebook book Id on my profile personal text.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by lagusboyyy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks all.
Re: Plateau Or Gombe State? by Unlimitk(m): 4:07am On Mar 30, 2023
CEOwatazs:

OP are you a graduate? If yes s which course.

Security wise go to Gombe. Don't believe anybody telling you that Gombe is not secured security wise. I stay there....
Thats my state.

And what do you intend to pursue over there?
Pls can I see work with ssce in gombe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? / Only For Teachers (intending) In Port Harcourt / Npower VAIDS/TAX Applicants 2017,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.