Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige (10575 Views)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by RoadStar: 3:19pm On May 05, 2011
Beaf:

I don't give a rats arse what you "own."
If you practice bigoted or supremacist politics, you will be badly received by those who are not in your group. Its very simple logic really.

Hasn't this been the problem of Yoruba politicians all along ?
It seems to be a culture demanded by the Yorubas that their leaders must depict loyalty to Yorubas by expressing contempt for other tribes.
Tinubu for one is not a tribalist, this is a guy that as governor of Lagos state, hired commissioners from other ethnic groups.

But in other to appeal 2 yorubas he has 2 show contempt for others.
This is the same qualities which denied many brilliant Yoruba leaders of national acceptance including Awo, Bola Ige, Adesanya etc (With OBJ being the only exception) although he is well disliked by his Yoruba Kit and Kin

I must add that the Ibo political class have always been Nationalistic in Orientation and Ngige wont be the last.
From Zik , Ekwueme, Anyaoku, Nnamani, Okadigbo etc (Ojukwu being the one exeption) but some may argue that he was a product of circumstance at the time.
Its seems that to gain the trust of the Ibos u have to show accomodation for others.

It might just be a cultural thing .
Not tryna say that Yorubas are any less hospitable than Ibos or any tribe 4 that matter.
Just Food for thought.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:37pm On May 05, 2011
RoadStar:

Hasn't this been the problem of Yoruba politicians all along ?
It seems to be a culture demanded by the Yorubas that their leaders must depict loyalty to Yorubas by expressing contempt for other tribes.
Tinubu for one is not a tribalist, this is a guy that as governor of Lagos state, hired commissioners from other ethnic groups.

But in other to appeal 2 yorubas he has 2 show contempt for others.
This is the same qualities which denied many brilliant Yoruba leaders of national acceptance including Awo, Bola Ige, Adesanya etc (With OBJ being the only exception) although he is well disliked by his Yoruba Kit and Kin

I must add that the Ibo political class have always been Nationalistic in Orientation and Ngige wont be the last.
From Zik , Ekwueme, Anyaoku, Nnamani, Okadigbo etc (Ojukwu being the one exeption) but some may argue that he was a product of circumstance at the time.
Its seems that to gain the trust of the Ibos u have to show accomodation for others.

It might just be a cultural thing .
Not tryna say that Yorubas are any less hospitable than Ibos or any tribe 4 that matter.
Just Food for thought.

I am fast discovering that it is impossible to convince the ACN lovers of what is a very insulting folly. But its all good, they will live with the consequences.
ACN is a regional party that has closed the gates of ever going national through being insular and supremacist, the steerers of the ship are blind to the fact and so are their followers.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 4:43pm On May 05, 2011
Beaf:

I don't give a rats arse what you "own."
If you practice bigoted or supremacist politics, you will be badly received by those who are not in your group. Its very simple logic really.
On what line of thought did you derive your conclusion from?

Beaf:

I am fast discovering that it is impossible to convince the ACN lovers of what is a very insulting folly. But its all good, they will live with the consequences.
ACN is a regional party that has closed the gates of ever going national through being insular and supremacist, the steerers of the ship are blind to the fact and so are their followers.

HOW
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Lagosboy: 4:59pm On May 05, 2011
In as much as i have some reservations for ACN we should never let out sentiments make us from run away from facts.  ACN was formed in 2006 by politicans nationwide , it only happened by fortune that Atiku and Tinubu were the biggest politician of clout in ACN when it started. When i talk of clout i mean financial liquidity , Rimi , Iyorcha Ayu , Boni Haruna , Ibrahim Babtel, Ghaali Naaba and a host of other PDP elements.

However, the elections were rigged and only Lagos was won by ACN. Most of the northern politicans left ACN because they wanted to eat . Tinubu stood with ACN because without it he will not be politically relevant and funded the cases in court, kudos to him. He is enjoying the success today of which Atiku would have been part of if he was smart enough to realise he was never going to win the PDP ticket. The other ACN guys left ACN with Atiku and today are politcally irrelevant except GEJ rewards them with some kind of appointment.

ACN is not a tribal party but has its strongest base in the SW, I am sure ACN won Adamawa in 2007 as well but the election was rigged. The court nullified it and the re run by Iwu was rigged again .

Ngige is a man i admire for his courage and i believe he will be the next Governor of Anambra state which means ACN will have another state in the SE. However, for ACN to win any presidential election in Nigeria they need to forge alliances with the Buhari group which has tremendous northern support.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 5:03pm On May 05, 2011
koruji:

I don't get into many of the arguments here on NL but do read a lot of the political stuff and cannot recall anyone on NL aggressively or gently push ACN as a Yoruba party. If you have a reference it would be good to see it.

The fact is that PDP stole elections in the SW as it did in many other states - the SW on their honor waited for the end game. How are the people supposed to recover their stolen mandate? They certainly can't fight back by going into PDP. Mind you, it was not simply rigging. No, it was the fact that OBJ made a political deal and BAREFACEDLY broke it. No honor at all! Tinubu single-handedly stuck to his gun and suffered for it, but was vindicated. That is the long and short of his fame - he showed himself wise, patient and hard working. There is nothing GEJ is likely to visit on Tinubu that OBJ has not tried.

As for pushing the supremacy before your face - I don't know where these statements come from. If it is from NL postings, I recall that you had advised others not to form real life outlooks based on NL. So take your own advice. If you call the desire of the SW for good leadership and the ability to push the cream to the surface "supremacy" then that is not really fair to you or me or to our people who are desperately in need of people who mean business.

Tinubu did not attack any wide region, although you are implying it from his statement! He specifically refered to GEJ as a "drunken fisherman" in reply to GEJ's reference to the SW being in the hand of rascals. I am not saying it was good to make the GEJ drunken fisherman quip, but it was just as bad to make the SW rascals quip. We both know that GEJ was attempting to embark on a political fight - which was quickly counterbalanced aggressively. If anybody is to bear blame for painting with a wide brush in this case it is President GEJ. What probably annoyed Tinubu most was GEJ's reaction after he was told that such a language is unbecoming. He said something like I did not call SWers rascals, but they are free to call themselves rascals. That last statement was worse than the initial one. It is a tongue in cheek statement like "if not that I have great respect for you I would say you are a . . .". The point is that the same way that you are translating "drunken fisherman" in ethnic terms is the same way an individual Yoruba is likely to say "se a wa ni okunrin yi n pe ni rascal" i.e. "are we the ones this man is calling rascals" and when you call him/her a name he/or she is unlikely to call you a name back. He/she is more likely to refer specifically to parents and grandparents both dead and alive because that is the way your name calling feels.

As for NLers taking up the "drunken fishermen" phrase I do not doubt that some NLers have used the word as you stated. This is unfortunate, but you know the nature of NL and we cannot let the dreg of NL dictate what we do in real Nigeria, especially those at the helms of her affairs. NL should be called T.it-for-tat land, but it is really a case of a normal human being attempting to argue with a mad man. At the end of the day, both are mad in perception, and reality if not stopped.

Good to admire Fashola, but without Tinubu we would not have a Fashola, at least not the way it happened. If Tinubu did not fight the good fight and stand up to OBJ there would be no party to counterbalance PDP's corrupt ways since Yar'adua decapitated ANPP with his GNU and Buhari relied on a phantom CPC for the elections. OBJ had a chance to deliver Nigeria into competent hands in 2007, but first he tried to keep it for himself and then he handed it to a dying man. So for worth it is worth Tinubu has done well. It is obvious that the man has also taken himself out of active political office for obvious reasons. That is someone who is willing to give up personal ambition (even though his wife was substituted in return). It is more than what can be said for the daylight-thieves and possible murderers that have no qualms contesting and "winning" elections under PDP.

There is really no need to worry about how ACN is running itself. In another 4 years we get a chance to judge their results. Tinubu has certainly done a couple of things that one would frown at. In any case, I 'll rather have at least two "crooked" parties that can counter each other than a "good" one-party Nigeria - because there is nothing like a "good" one-party state, especially in the Nigerian context. If there is really a party to worry about, it is PDP which has wasted 12-years of Nigeria's time and money.

Its like a black man calls a white man a rascal and the white man replies that the black man is a monkey that has left the forest to converse with those on land. . . You know the drill.

You really seem stuck on PDP and issues that have absolutely no connection to the negative perceptions others from outside the SW have of ACN and Tinubu.

It is also incredible that you can compare Tinubu to 'daylight-thieves and possible murderers that have no qualms contesting and "winning" elections under PDP.' Not only can Tinubu be described as a 'daylight-thief and possible murderer that has no qualms contesting and "winning" elections under ACN,' look at the extraordinary riots, carnage and assassinations due to ACN in Akwa Ibom (most recently, a man who recently congratulated Akpabio was gunned down and those in his camp have gone into hiding). Your scales are definitely biased; I am sure you will be quick to condemn Ibori, that is good and healthy; but you cannot do that while adoring Tinubu who is several times worse.

It is always useful to be able to see things through the eyes of the victim, ACN has a lot to do to clean up its sectionalist and paranoid image outside the SW.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 05, 2011
Uneducated fo-ols go around with ill-formed mentality that ACN is a Yoruba party. Even after non-yorubas came out pronouncing themselves as one of ACN's founders.
Beats me why Nigerians prefer living in the dark.

People are skeptical about ACN because it has most of its supporter in the SW and because one of its PROMINENT leaders is a Yorubaman.

Mu he he. And why would the SW not vote out PDP, the rigging, the do-or die politics founded by PDP grandpapa OBJ, esp the way OBJ and  and his useless PDP dealt the SW? Any rational and educated (dont even have to be educated to know  right from wrong) SW'ner would have voted out PDP. High number of voters on 4/9, Low numbers of voters on 4/16, and high number of voters on 4/26 confirms that as of right now, the SW just want local development.

How dare one imbe-cile come on NL calling ACN a Yoruba party because the SW people voted wisely. The SW is giving GEJ a chance to prove his leadership skills (I understand that he hasnt started yet), come 2015, if he doesnt prove it, even the magic numbers of the SS/SE wont save his seat.

Because me, a Yoruba woman, cannot fathom why a president with fresh air and agenda of unity is offering Ndi-Igbo a senatorial seat just because of their magic numbers and OBJ/minions ministry seats just because the SW voted them out. We are simply watching.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Dede1(m): 7:29pm On May 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Uneducated fo-ols go around with ill-formed mentality that ACN is a Yoruba party. Even after non-yorubas came out pronouncing themselves as one of ACN's founders.
Beats me why Nigerians prefer living in the dark.

People are skeptical about ACN because it has most of its supporter in the SW and because one of its PROMINENT leaders is a Yorubaman.

Mu he he. And why would the SW not vote out PDP, the rigging, the do-or die politics founded by PDP grandpapa OBJ, esp the way OBJ and and his useless PDP dealt the SW? Any rational and educated (dont even have to be educated to know right from wrong) SW'ner would have voted out PDP. High number of voters on 4/9, Low numbers of voters on 4/16, and high number of voters on 4/26 confirms that as of right now, the SW just want local development.

How dare one imbe-cile come on NL calling ACN a Yoruba party because the SW people voted wisely. The SW is giving GEJ a chance to prove his leadership skills (I understand that he hasnt started yet), come 2015, if he doesnt prove it, even the magic numbers of the SS/SE wont save his seat.

Because me, a Yoruba woman, cannot fathom why a president with fresh air and agenda of unity is offering Ndi-Igbo a senatorial seat just because of their magic numbers and OBJ/minions ministry seats just because the SW voted them out. We are simply watching.

Thanks to free modalities of Internet that allow ill-educated trolls to engage in an incoherent rant such as above post. Whether a non-Yoruba cries ACN is not Yoruba party or non-Yoruba shouts ACN is Yoruba party, it makes no difference to the actual scheme of things on the ground. The undisputable fact remains that ACN is a regional party in Nigeria as evidenced within Yoruba enclave.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by enyojo(f): 7:33pm On May 05, 2011
IT IS GOOD TO SEE THAT BEAF HAS ABANDONED HIS 'VOTE FOR THE PERSON NOT THE PARTY' GARB AND HAS FULLY BECOME A STAUNCH PDP DEFENDER.
EEEDIOTSS
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by seanet02: 7:36pm On May 05, 2011
Dede1:

Thanks to free modalities of Internet that allow ill-educated trolls to engage in an incoherent rant such as above post. Whether a non-Yoruba cries ACN is not Yoruba party or non-Yoruba shouts ACN is Yoruba party, it makes no difference to the actual scheme of things on the ground. The undisputable fact remains that ACN is a regional party in Nigeria as evidenced within Yoruba enclave.
Yes a regional party that has made its mark in good and governance and after a long siege on the east has Finally set Foot on the Heart of Alaigbo
Go hug a transformer
grin grin grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Gbawe: 7:39pm On May 05, 2011
enyojo:

IT IS GOOD TO SEE THAT BEAF HAS ABANDONED HIS 'VOTE FOR THE PERSON NOT THE PARTY' GARB AND HAS FULLY BECOME A STAUNCH PDP DEFENDER.
EEEDIOTSS

Hypocrisy and ideological vacuousness , like a Chameleon, takes the 'colour' of the latest environment. did you not know?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Dede1(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2011
seanet02:

Yes a regional party that has made its mark in good and governance and after a long siege on the east has Finally set Foot on the Heart of Alaigbo
Go hug a transformer
grin grin grin

I am afraid if you have not hugged a transformer based on the manner you represented innuendos. AC, Action Congress, was formed in 2006 and won gubernatorial seat in Lagos State in 2007 when none of the sons of the soil made the presidential ticket of PDP. AD, Alliance for Democracy, gave rise to AC and we know how it came about without any link to good governance. Are you not delusional to speak about ACN setting foot in Alaigbo?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 10:25pm On May 05, 2011
enyojo:

EEEDIOTSS

Madam, simply face the topic and stop trying to dodge. I like most, fail to see what PDP has to do with this topic. But the paranoid always see far out angles. Lol!
In case you missed the obvious, the threads title is "Acn Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige."

Dodging the question does not stop non-ACN people from outside the SW seeing the party as ethnically bigoted at best and fascist at worst. Why don't you try to convince us, instead of going off on a tangent?
Fashola would make a much better leader than Tinubu who is a known criminal and lacks the level of civility to interface with other ethic groups. His greatest efforts outside the SW are in the SS where his uncouth methods are interpreted (99% likely correctly) to be a very desperate, loveless, exploitative, anything goes dash for major oil producing states. It will be resisted.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 05, 2011
seanet02:

Go hug a transformer
grin grin grin

LOL  grin

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 11:03pm On May 05, 2011
Beaf:

Madam, simply face the topic and stop trying to dodge. I like most, fail to see what PDP has to do with this topic. But the paranoid always see far out angles. Lol!
In case you missed the obvious, the threads title is "Acn Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige."

Dodging the question does not stop non-ACN people from outside the SW seeing the party as ethnically bigoted at best and fascist at worst. Why don't you try to convince us, instead of going off on a tangent?
Fashola would make a much better leader than Tinubu who is a known criminal and lacks the level of civility to interface with other ethic groups. His greatest efforts outside the SW are in the SS where his uncouth methods are interpreted (99% likely correctly) to be a very desperate, loveless, exploitative, anything goes dash for major oil producing states. It will be resisted.

beaf, i have to be honest with u

you are an ideiiot and an very stu.pid for your recent silly act of "a detribalised person"

u go around saying ACN is a yoruba party and insulting people that say it is not

u even insulted tinubu after your oga jonathan used a preseidential jet to beg him

what type of ideiot are you, i ask?

thank God people lika jason and physics are here to shut ur f mouth off about SS

you are here insulting Gbawe, ekt_bear, enjoyjo etc calling them a tribalist when you are the biggest bigot on NL only next to ezeuche and zstranger

mo.ron like you should go an hang in the thick tar of crude oil that your region depends souly on

I am just being honest here brother smiley
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 11:07pm On May 05, 2011
^
Bros, you still eating grass? shocked
Its really affecting your mind badly sha! grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 11:10pm On May 05, 2011
Beaf:

^

bros i am just being honest with you here undecided hate or like it

whether i eat grass or not is not the issue here

the issue is that u are an ideeiot undecided no offence just the truth

if u do not believe me ask your biological father if u have 1 undecided
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 05, 2011

[size=18pt]Nigeria: It is Time to Form a Yoruba Nation[/size]

UNLESS we want to deceive ourselves or we genuinely fail to see reality then we must accept that the voters that went to the polls last week to decide who should be governors did not only elect their governors. They also used their thumbprint and ballot papers to draw a map that clearly states that the time has come to form a Yoruba nation.

Those voters expressed their wishes in a legal and sophisticated manner, so their leaders too, if worthy of leading such people, must execute the expressed wishes in a legal and sophisticated way and therein lies the challenge. They need to, within the respect of the laws and within the borders of a federal Nigeria, form a Yoruba nation that I recommend should be cosmopolitan and progressive.

For those who wonder what is a nation? Let us reply with Renan and explain that a nation is a soul, a spiritual principle. Two things, which in truth are but one constitutes this soul or spiritual principle. One lies in the past, one in the present. One is the possession in common of a rich legacy of memories; the other is present-day consent, the desire to live together, the will to perpetuate the value of the heritage that one has received in an undivided form. A nation's existence is a daily plebiscite.

It is not the first time that the people in the various states that make up the Yoruba region (the official term they use in Nigeria is insipidly South-West) will express their desire by voting in unison. They did it by voting the Action Group (AG), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Alliance for Democracy (AD) and now the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). Let us make no mistake about it. The common thread in this voting pattern has being and continue to be progressive ideas and programmes according to the preaching and practice of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Like their parents did in the days of the late Awo, today's voters have chosen to find their path independent of the central government of Nigeria.

The political aspiration of the voters of the Yoruba region is to have a state that provides free education, free health care, massive infrastructural development, and an environment that allows trade and industry to flourish all in a vibrant intellectual milieu yet capable of partying. They are after all the masters of owanbe. These aspirations should form the paradigm upon which the elected governors and legislators of the Yoruba regions should build their policies and programmes. They should aspire to these ideals when thinking of the ideal government for their voters.

In theory, each of the states in the Yoruba region can legitimately set about achieving these aims individually and they might even do well. But imagine how much more they will achieve if they decide to act as a collective. Imagine the possibilities for all, if these governors and lawmakers can think like their voters and genuinely follow those ideals, if they can develop an organic ethos of a nation and consequently decide to work together to tackle the problems they cannot handle alone. Imagine what we will get if the states of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Edo, and even Ondo come together, without waiting for the Federal Government, to jointly plan, fund and supervise regional libraries, roads, hospitals, banks, research centres and agricultural projects. Even the power supply problem can have a regional solution.
Relevant Links

The great benefits that such actions will bring to those that reside in these states are obvious but it will not be limited to them. As history has shown, like in the case of the Eastern Region of Michael Okpara and the Western Region of Obafemi Awolowo, there are good chances that a cooperative and dynamic Yoruba nation will trigger a healthy rivalry between her and other Nigerian regions. It will be a rivalry that will greatly benefit the residents of those other regions as their own leaders will have to provide similar services and ventures to match what their neighbours are doing. The federal republic of Nigeria itself will get the opportunity to become truly federal as emphasis will shift from the central and if broadminded the FGN will encourage these regional governments and ventures.

Politically, leaders and voters of the ACN will in the next four years have the duty of making sure that their elected officials turn their progressive aspirations into achievements. In that period, they will have to deal with problems of personal ego, self-serving groups and personalities, bureaucratic hurdles and outright sabotage. If they can overcome all that and maybe much more, their next task will be to decide how to move forward.

They will have to decide how they want to use the capital they now have. Two options come to mind: they can move forward by identifying and working with political groups that share their policies and ideals or they can try to be a Nigerian party by trying to make inroads into other parts of the federation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105050888.html

Great article.

A nation not in the sense of secession, but more towards SW unity and progress.

This is why Nigeria should either go back to regional governance or federalism.

Yoruba people have shown that they are capable of throwing out rotten politicians.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 11:19pm On May 05, 2011
alj_harem:

bros i am just being honest with you here undecided hate or like it

whether i eat grass or not is not the issue here

the issue is that u are an ideeiot undecided no offence just the truth

if u do not believe me ask your biological father if u have 1 undecided

Thank you. Tinubu has made ACN into a sectional party, he is also a worse criminal than Ibori that will never be accepted in the SS where he is concentrating his best efforts.
Kill yourself if you do not have a sensible counter argument and because you cannot change the perception of the people. lol!

How are the other youthful but wasting almajiri's doing sir? grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 11:30pm On May 05, 2011
Beaf:

Thank you. Tinubu has made ACN into a sectional party, he is also a worse criminal than Ibori that will never be accepted in the SS where he is concentrating his best efforts.
Kill yourself if you do not have a sensible counter argument and because you cannot change the perception of the people. lol!

How are the other youthful but wasting almajiri's doing sir? grin

i dislike tinubu as well and i think he should be jailed or presecuted but you go around calling ekt_bear, Gbawe and others tribalist when ezeuche, chyz and co are even doing worse

you say you are not bigoted and i held you for your words to be neutral but i have noticed a certain pattern in which you are going and it is not good

you attack the yoruba tribalist but free the igbos,.,.,.,.,., why ? is it because yorubas voted for GEJ and now he is there you think the power lies in the SS and SE hands ? if so then GEJ is not nigerian president but SS and SE president then

if we go along that logical thinking then GEJ will have a hard time ruling this country, even if he deploys the military, 4 yrs will soon be over, then what next (jason).

i hate the way tiunbu4life, gbawe and others shout Tinubu about but still u can not deny the fact that ACN governors are doing well if just fashola

u said u are currenting staying in lagos and probably enjoying good road, now did that come for PDP or GEJ certainly not

the way things are going i strongly believe this almajiris you shout about has more brains than you

don't you think ?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 12:59am On May 06, 2011
^
Dude, you make some really strange comments. It is not my duty on NL to go around balancing the policicing of ethnic bigots. In any event, you are a relative newcomer to NL, so you have never witnessed some pretty ugly exchanges I had with non-Yoruba's (ask Ezeuche whom you mentioned).

I see your trick though and it is weak. You tried abusing my father to derail the topic, it didn't work (same way you tried calling me names), now you are finally attempting to discuss the topic as you should have done in the beginning (albeit with the strange suggestion that I attack Igbo's). You really need recharging, abeg, put your battery in the sun jare! Or just eat more grass.

As I have maintained, Tinubu's politics is ugly, bigoted and fascist. That is what you should put your mind to.

Dunce.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 1:04am On May 06, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, you make some really strange comments. It is not my duty on NL to go around balancing the policicing of ethnic bigots. In any event, you are a relative newcomer to NL, so you have never witnessed some pretty ugly exchanges I had with non-Yoruba's (ask Ezeuche whom you mentioned).

I see your trick though and it is weak. You tried abusing my father to derail the topic, it didn't work (same way you tried calling me names), now you are finally attempting to discuss the topic as you should have done in the beginning (albeit with the strange suggestion that I attack Igbo's). You really need recharging, abeg, put your battery in the sun jare! Or just eat more grass.

As I have maintained, Tinubu's politics is ugly, bigoted and fascist. That is what you should put your mind to.

Dunce.

i don't care if u go around or not

u comment on the yoruba threads but once igbo u keep u foul mouth shut like a snail

it is none of my business anyway, i just wanted to point to you how bigoted you are aswell

anyway we agree on something, WE BOTH DO NOT LIKE TINUBU but calling him a bigot when GEJ is there is a bit far fetch
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 1:14am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem:

i don't care if u go around or not

u comment on the yoruba threads but once igbo u keep u foul mouth shut like a snail

it is none of my business anyway, i just wanted to point to you how bigoted you are aswell

anyway we agree on something, WE BOTH DO NOT LIKE TINUBU but calling him a bigot when GEJ is there is a bit far fetch

The bolded is another thing we agree on. Now take your infantile crap to the kids section of NL.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Desola(f): 1:17am On May 06, 2011
Kai! Rankadede Alh Harem.

Boi! You are on fire tonight and i'm "jollofucating" the bulala you are whipping that cow - oh, sorry, i mean Beaf. grin

You can be kolo sometimes o but there is not hiding the fact that you are unbiased. grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 1:21am On May 06, 2011
Beaf:

The bolded is another thing we agree on. Now take your infantile crap to the kids section of NL.

you are making no sense

i pointed out your error in your comments just like you see fit to point out the error in tinubu

accept correction and grow up
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 1:36am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem:

you are making no sense

i pointed out your error in your comments just like you see fit to point out the error in tinubu

accept correction and grow up

Go and play with your goats. If you roll on the ground crying or fall off your carmel, it still wouldn't advance any argument that counters the fact that Tinubu's politics is ugly, bigoted and fascist. Do you think it will? lol
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 2:14am On May 06, 2011
Beaf:

Go and play with your goats. If you roll on the ground crying or fall off your carmel, it still wouldn't advance any argument that counters the fact that Tinubu's politics is ugly, bigoted and fascist. Do you think it will? lol

@BOLDED
HOW??
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 2:42am On May 06, 2011
As I said before, if Ngige needs to say this, then the perception around Nigeria is that ACN is a Yoruba party.

Ngige is just a token Igbo in a Yoruba party.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 2:42am On May 06, 2011
This is what is called a strawman argument if I ever saw one.

You see no need to change the word "rascal", but you went ahead to change the color of the skin and reduce the number of people called by that name to one. You then changed the specific reply that called "one black man" a "drunken fisherman" to being called "a monkey" that left the "forest" by a "white man". This is no analogy at all. You are simply twisting what was said to your interpretation. Sure, it is your prerogative to interpret words how you "feel", but note that someone started it and the other parties has his own interpretation of what was said to them. [size=14pt]If you felt so bad about the reply, then being reflective would show you that the other party probably felt just as bad or even worse when you came to their backyard to cast aspersions on their dignity[/size].

I told you in my previous write-up that it was the clever-by-half reply to the complaint over the initial remark that probably angered Tinubu most - "you can call yourself rascals if you want" was GEJ's reply.  Unfortunately, that is exactly what you are doing to yourself here.

I'll leave you to continue fuming about this silly spat, if it delights you, but President GEJ should be advised that the Nigerian people (including the SW who gave him most of their votes) [size=14pt] need him, no demand him, to get on with the job for which he was hired[/size]. He and all those in government are our employees - that is why they get to stay in privileged quarters and ride in sweat-paid planes. [size=14pt]They just need to do their jobs - and tuck away their personal egos and sensitivities.[/size]  If ACN or SW begs him for appointment let him deny it. Bottomline is whichever way he wants to do it, he cannot afford to carry on like Yar'adua and OBJ. If anybody is so hurt about the "drunken fisherman" reply let them come back with something bigger than rascal, and get what they get back in return too.

If I say you are a "drunken fisherman"; you say "I am a drunken hunter" or whatever suits you. Besides, you should know better than to take these things to heart - every couple of replies you are calling northerners "abokis", "grass eaters", and telling them they will be "cut loose in the desert".

Beaf:

Its like a black man calls a white man a rascal and the white man replies that the black man is a monkey that has left the forest to converse with those on land. . . You know the drill.

Why would I and Nigerians not be stuck on PDP. ACN was PDP's doing - the daylight robbery of voter's mandate by OBJ. Whatever negative perceptions of ACN there are the Nigerian people will go back to the polls in another 4 years. So far, [size=14pt]between PDP and ACN PDP was the one scared stiff of what might happen if voters were really allowed to express their wishes[/size] - hence the mago mago.

I am on the side of Nigeria and the SW at the same time. Now that the thieves of wealth, body and votes have been sent packing from the SW it is time to liberate the rest of the nation. Whether ACN proves worthy of that task will be revealed in due course, but there are alternatives.

The bolded-below makes me wonder if someone else is pretending to be the Beaf that we use to know on NL - "extraordinary riots, carnage and assassinations due to ACN in Akwa Ibom" Who kidnapped the real Beaf?

I worried about the all out, caution-to-the-wind, attack you mounted on Buhari close to the elections, and have suggested that President GEJ's touted "humility" may really be a high act. Both are begining to prove true if one is to go by the way you are carrying on now. What is with you? Yesterday, it was a calling vehemently for Buhari's arrest. Today, it is Tinubu this and that. Do you think GEJ needs more enemies? Is he Jesus to whom "every knee" must bow, just because he is now in Aso Rock? Questions that are worth pondering!

Beaf:

It is also incredible that you can compare Tinubu to 'daylight-thieves and possible murderers that have no qualms contesting and "winning" elections under PDP.' Not only can Tinubu be described as a 'daylight-thief and possible murderer that has no qualms contesting and "winning" elections under ACN,' look at the extraordinary riots, carnage and assassinations due to ACN in Akwa Ibom (most recently, a man who recently congratulated Akpabio was gunned down and those in his camp have gone into hiding). Your scales are definitely biased; I am sure you will be quick to condemn Ibori, that is good and healthy; but you cannot do that while adoring Tinubu who is several times worse.
You really seem stuck on PDP and issues that have absolutely no connection to the negative perceptions others from outside the SW have of ACN and Tinubu.

You are crying wolf for nothing. What kind of candidate goes to campaign in a region and insults them? I didn't hear GEJ say anything back when he went up north to campaign promising all kinds of goodies only to be [size=14pt]severely insulted [/size] by being told to write it up and sign it so they can be sure he will keep his promise. Same thing when his dignity was being dragged around in the presidency under Turai. But let him call SWers "rascals" and be specifically called a "drunken fisherman" in return - his supporters go crazy. [size=14pt]It is not his fault, it is OBJ's. That. . .[/size]

Beaf:

It is always useful to be able to see things through the eyes of the victim, ACN has a lot to do to clean up its sectionalist and paranoid image outside the SW.

Beaf:

^
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 2:49am On May 06, 2011
How can the original bigot join in a discussion about bigots. Wonders shall never end shocked

I have said it before, GEJ knew exactly what formula to use on the SE - the IBB formula plus a dose of "let's go teach this Yoruba people a lesson" will do the trick any day. The fact that BEAF is shouting himself hoarse on NL over that silly spat show that they are still searching for the formula for the SW. It is not going to work - simple as ABC.

We are determined not to tolerate the likes of OBJ ever again in the SW. If GEJ merely pretended his way to Aso Rock only to put on his wolf-OBJ-clothing then we 'll see how it works out at the end of the day.

EzeUche_:

As I said before, if Ngige needs to say this, then the perception around Nigeria is that ACN is a Yoruba party.
Ngige is just a toke Igbo in a Yoruba party.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 2:50am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

Ngige is just a toke Igbo in a Yoruba party.

Tribalism will surely blind you from seeing anything good in Ngige's comment. What about tony one week? What about Benue state??
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 2:51am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

How can the original bigot join in a discussion about bigots. Wonders shall never end shocked

I have said it before, GEJ knew exactly what formula to use on the SE - the IBB formula plus a dose of "let's go teach this Yoruba people a lesson" will do the trick any day.

You beat me to it!!!
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 2:53am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

Tribalism will surely blind you from seeing anything good in Ngige's comment. What about tony one week? What about Benue state??

How is it tribalism, by stating the obvious. ACN is a Yoruba party. Why is it that ACN has swept the SW, but not any other region?

ACN will remain a regional party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? / So There Was A Fight @ The National Assembly And No News Network Carried It. / Suicide Bombings: Boko Haram Now Using Babies, Officials Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.