Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige (10316 Views)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 4:11am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem is very funny. I cannot take him seriously. grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:13am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem:

who is laffing with this monkey undecided

Cow.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:16am On May 06, 2011
Beaf:

Cow.
angry
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 4:23am On May 06, 2011
In the 2003 elections ACN was a Lagos party that was supposed to die naturally. Then in 2007 it won elections in Edo, while OBJ held on to stolen mandates in Osun, Oyo and EKiti states, at the least - only to be forcefully taken from his long-throat by the courts.

The next stage is to demonstrate that its performance in Lagos can be replicated everywhere else if given the chance to find and put good people in charge of a great manifesto.

You guys are just now scared stiff because even without trying too hard ACN showed up to be counted in many non-SW states. Won a couple of elections in the SE and is going to be challenging close/rigged elections in Akwa Ibom, Benue and Kwara. ACN has put its faith in a reasoned approach to solving our problems.

You are simply trying to contain ACN for your own sentimental reasons. How is a party with a great agenda supposed to spread beyond its original base to another when those others keep shouting at the top of their voice "keep this party out of our domain by all means" Still, I believe that when the Nigerian people actually see good governance nobody will tell them to kick out the pretenders.

If ACN fails and PDP fails to repent, then SWers will find another platform to promote good governance. It is simple as ABC.

I hope GEJ can repair what is wrong with PDP, but I am not holding my breath. Whatever the case, we need at least two strong parties so that none of them would have the temerity to play with our life like Yar'adua and co did.

EzeUche_:

ACN is a regional party. People cannot explain why ACN only did well in the SW, and not in any other state besides Edo state.
Until you all answer that, the perception will remain the same.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 4:29am On May 06, 2011
I really believe in Nigeria. This development that we seek is not magic - we are the ones preventing ourselfs from it by this sentimental approach to national life.

We have to treat each other as equals from all angles, and agree on common principles that nobody violates in the corner.

Then watch the spring in our development.

alj_harem:

man, you are trying to convence this beaf since page 1 and yet they have still not change
what makes you think it is page 4/5 the animals will change undecided
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:29am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf
Well, lets talk policy a little bit. When Fashola called for revisions to the revenue allocation formula that is based on two things. As you mentioned below we still have a centralized fiscal system -within that system the FG cannot sit in Abuja and jack up the minimum wage, without thinking about how the states can cope. The simple answer is follow you bill with the money. That is the first reason. The second is this silly attempt in the NA assembly to collect even more taxes that would usually go to the states and bring it to the center - they are currently tinkering with thresholds for taxation that would reduce states internally generated revenue tremendously.

They are already collecting all the oil revenue and redistributing it through straws, now they want to do the same to ordinary taxation. The VAT is not enough for them anymore. That is a serious constitutional crisis in the making.

What ACN is calling for is a balanced restructing of our polity. Not a seccessionist agenda, not a "it is all our resources you can feed on air" agenda, and certainly not this monkey-dey-work-baboon-dey-chop unitary system.

The current legislators can't pass any new bill on taxation now, because most are leaving, so those plans are dead as a dodo. This is really a period of fresh starts, which we all hope can be harnessed.
Now, GEJ has just returned from Obudu where all doors were open. Across Nigeria, we are all praying for a fairer system that is more business friendly and offers a real contract of belonging to each and every man, woman and child; ACN could have siezed the opportunity that most other parties took to lay his cards on the table.

True federalism is an enterprise that needs support from the Middle Belt, SE, SS and SW. We might have our various petty quarrels, but deep down we all know that our interests converge by several magnitudes to their divergence. True federalism is also a very delicate issue that needs certain underground discussions before it is brought to the fore, it is also something that no single party is strong enough to make law on its own; it requires cross-party cooperation. Time frames, how the transition will be financed as well as the finer details would need to be pre-arranged.
Perhaps, ACN hopes to acheive it if they gain overall federal clout, but that is extremely unlikely in the next 8 years at least.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 4:33am On May 06, 2011
koruji, you have gained my respect.

I like your passion for ACN.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:36am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

I really believe in Nigeria. This development that we seek is not magic - we are the ones preventing ourselfs from it by this sentimental approach to national life.

We have to treat each other as equals from all angles, and agree on common principles that nobody violates in the corner.

Then watch the spring in our development.

i understand your point an i want the same

what makes me angry even more is the way beaf remove the north from national development as if the north is another country on his own

you see, we really need to be careful and watchful of this people, all there cheap propangada is just very annoying
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by alex101(m): 4:50am On May 06, 2011
ACN is a yoruba party- NO MORE, NO LESS.

They even displayed this fact by not voting for Ribadu in the last presidential election.

BTW, there is nothing wrong in having a regional party. I just hope ACN will call for a sovereign national conference (SNC) and also do less "monthly visit" to

Abuja for allocation.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by zstranger: 4:51am On May 06, 2011
^^^

I heard PDP is an Igbo party, is that true?

Thats a first by Ndigbo, no be so?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:53am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem:

i understand your point an i want the same

what makes me angry even more is the way beaf remove the north from national development as if the north is another country on his own

you see, we really need to be careful and watchful of this people, all there cheap propangada is just very annoying

Did somebody slap you real bad on the way to the internet cafe? shocked
You aren't making any sense fighting with yourself and making stories up. All almajiri's are are gonna be forced into school and into jobs; is that not development? Plus all the textile mills are going to be reopened, that aside from the billions set aside for the development of the North (you won't know sha, cos the only newspaper pages you see are the ones used to wrap kulikuli and suya embarassed).
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by seanet02: 5:44am On May 06, 2011
Common beaf, stop twisting facts out of hatred. It is an open truth that the very type of True Federalism that ACN is preaching is the one in which the states will derive their powers to get more money through the constitution using the Pre-66 constitution or better still a modified one. I dont think a power to get more funds derived from the constitution translates to depending more on the Federal government. Knew this is Intellectual dishonesty not ignorance, Seeing issues through ethnic or political lens all the time doesn't argue well i tell you.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Gbawe: 7:46am On May 06, 2011
@koruji.

Man mi , you have time trying to reason with losers. Their perambulation and crass dishonesty is proof that , undoubtedly , they are losers . If you want to know who are failing in life from how they talk the first clue will be that they cannot accept what most objective folks see as the truth . They also create fantasies at odd with commonsense or reality . They are fond of using highly incongruous descriptive words that is more an ode to the fantasy world they live in than to useful intelligence that brings personal progress and advancement.

Together , those thing prevent these folks from working effectively and pragmatically with others in the real world for measurable success. I would suggest you quickly learn to identify those who come here to feel good because their personal lives are sorry tales of failure and inadequacy. The way they talk is a dead giveaway . Arguing with those sort of individual is a waste of time . You run the risk of getting dumber and more bellicose as well rather than gaining refreshment and knowledge.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Lagosboy: 9:41am On May 06, 2011
I only started to enjoy myself on NL the day i started to select people i engage in conversations , debates or issues. I dont know how some people have the energy to argue and argue, rolling in the circle in the process and at the end of the debate we are worse off in understanding compared to when we started.

Time is indeed a precious thing and I very much agree with Gbawe that some people dont have a life beyond NL otherwise why would anyone argue for hours , days , weeks saying the same things in order to win an arguement. 

ACN is not a regional party ! It is true it has its strongest base in the SW but the party has NASS members scattered across the country. PArty is not solely judged by the state it has governors otherwise we would say CPC is not a nasarawa party because it only controls the governorship of one state, while forgetting the 83 HOR seats and 6 senatorial seats.

Lets us shed our myopic, ethnic thinking and liberate our minds from the schackles of the intellectual poverty some of us suffer from.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Gbawe: 10:12am On May 06, 2011
Lagosboy:

I only started to enjoy myself on NL the day i started to select people i engage in conversations , debates or issues. I dont know how some people have the energy to argue and argue, rolling in the circle in the process and at the end of the debate we are worse off in understanding compared to when we started.

Time is indeed a precious thing and I very much agree with Gbawe that some people dont have a life beyond NL otherwise why would anyone argue for hours , days , weeks saying the same things in order to win an arguement. 

ACN is not a regional party ! It is true it has its strongest base in the SW but the party has NASS members scattered across the country. PArty is not solely judged by the state it has governors otherwise we would say CPC is not a nasarawa party because it only controls the governorship of one state, while forgetting the 83 HOR seats and 6 senatorial seats.

Lets us shed our myopic, ethnic thinking and liberate our minds from the schackles of the intellectual poverty some of us suffer from.

God bless you my brother !!! ACN enlightened all Nigerian States they were present in about the need to vote out 12 years of misrule and indolence. They showed that the two States the ACN has controlled for an appreciable period (Lagos and Edo) are making progress under ACN leadership . It stretches the imagination that some folks can now lable the ACN a regional Party because the folks of the SW chose to accept the ACN's message of kicking out 12 years of misrule when others preferred to endure with PDP misrule that is proven beyond doubt all the way to America !!! Simply mind-boggling. In this day and age we are talking about regional Parties when intelligent folks , who will be part of the solution, should know that for Nigeria , where the average man has suffered too much, things should simply boil down to securing effective leadership that delivers for our hapless fellow Nigerians , from every corner, let down by leaders who don't see region or kinsmen when it comes to chopulation.

Yet well-fed Nigerians , home and abroad , are abetting the confusion with senseless vain and egotistic arguments . In so far as the ACN was not formed by Yoruba folks alone how can anyone label it a Yoruba Party ? It is simply that Tinubu loyally stuck with and developed the ACN brand/franchise effectively in the SW while the same was not done elsewhere. The manifesto of the Party , certainly not tailored to the SW , is still one that will work well at delivering the dividends of democracy to all Nigeria. Na correct peeps like you I get time for . Not deluded fantasist , unprincipled and confused folks who take stances as if they change underpants.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 06, 2011
I believe NGIGE is correct only he should have added his name to it.He should have just come out to say ACN is a YORUBANGIGE party!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Gbawe: 12:30pm On May 06, 2011
Ozin:

I believe NGIGE is correct only he should have added his name to it.He should have just come out to say ACN is a YORUBANGIGE party!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Ngige is right because the point is that , like Tinubu, Ngige can keep faith and shape the South East ACN into anything his personal ability allows . Tinubu has no greater claims to the ACN than Ngige does . Let us remember that Tinubu , now touted (wrongly IMO) as an uber powerful entity who controls the thinking of SW folks tongue , was an ostracized lone ranger for a long period . Ngige is clever, politically savvy and charismatic enough to improve the fortunes of the ACN in the SE because men like him understand that political platforms are merely tools to put you where you want to go. Political parties , especially in Nigeria, are what you make them from State to State and region to region. If Ngige gets the ACN to be serious power brokers in the SE then Tinubu or any other South Westerner will matter very little. The SE chapter of the ACN , perhaps under Ngige, will not be answerable to Tinubu. Instead it will be another new platform for the SE to gain more political options .
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 06, 2011
Nigerians are suffering from self-imposed imprisonment, brought about by ethnic bigotry!

I really pity us!  undecided  undecided
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 06, 2011
Gbawe:

Ngige is right because the point is that , like Tinubu, Ngige can keep faith and shape the South East ACN into anything his personal ability allows . Tinubu has no greater claims to the ACN than Ngige does . Let us remember that Tinubu , now touted (wrongly IMO) as an uber powerful entity who controls the thinking of SW folks tongue , was an ostracized lone ranger for a long period . Ngige is clever, politically savvy and charismatic enough to improve the fortunes of the ACN in the SE because men like him understand that political platforms are merely tools to put you where you want to go. Political parties , especially in Nigeria, are what you make them from State to State and region to region. If Ngige gets the ACN to be serious power brokers in the SE then Tinubu or any other South Westerner will matter very little. The SE chapter of the ACN , perhaps under Ngige, will not be answerable to Tinubu. Instead it will be another new platform for the SE to gain more political options .

*clicks like* cool cool

The idea was touted by APGA in Anambra state to discredit Ngige.

Obi would always implore people to vote for party Ndi Igbo (APGA) and not party Ndi Yoruba (ACN) undecided

Personally, I thought that was a stupid campaign strategy and luckily so did a lot of Anambra Central Indigenes who voted Ngige anyways. cool cool
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by dave2(m): 12:46pm On May 06, 2011
But is there anybody disputing the fact that ACN is not a Yoruba party?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Gbawe: 12:47pm On May 06, 2011
Ujujoan:

Nigerians are suffering from self-imposed imprisonment, brought about by ethnic bigotry!

I really pity us!  undecided  undecided

Indeed. Many of us are simply not smart enough to see that we are pawns in the divide-and-conquer tactics our leaders use for their own benefit. Just look at pictures taken of Nigerian senators or members of the FEC . They are always laughing wildly , with all 32, and hugging each other as members of the stupendously wealthy "owners of Nigeria" club not particularly bothered about their kinsmen , who place a lot of hope in them, let alone Nigeria.

Reminds me of how football fans will stab and kill each other while the opposition players , often friends, will get in their Porsche and Bentley after the "acrimonious" soccer match to go clubbing together. I remember , in my early twenties, watching fans fighting on TV because Arsenal defeated Manchester United in an Fa cup semi final. The same Night , in a London Nightclub, some of the players from both teams were together laughing and Partying it up with champers and beautiful ladies !!! Dwight Yorke and Thierry Henry jus dey laff together .  Glaringly definitive lesson for me personally about how some contrive images of "vicious" enmity so they keep profiting from the gullibility of others. Who is the fool other than the man who did not read and understand the script properly?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by sley4life(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2011
its mor of a Awolowo party 2 me
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by ak47mann(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2011
people didn't vote for party they voted for the individuals if ngige jump to the next party he will still win,that doesn't mean cus of ACN a Yoruba party can win anything in eastern region cool cool
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 06, 2011
na lie ACN that did campaign for ribadu in yoruba , who know whether they were telling them not to vote for him lipsrsealed
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by laj1(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2011
am not sure if all of u even has something good in brain.u are just bunch of garrisons with gibberish mouths.e lo wa se se.ok
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by sayso: 2:35pm On May 06, 2011
Ngige I will ,I will that,una don start with this yeye promise ?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Kabikala(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2011
What is this thing about sponsoring a bill to ensure that every state has an airport? Is Ngige reasoning from his anus?
I had assumed he was going to be one of the cerebral minds we will have in the new senate but I am afraid I might have been mistaken.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by chines4(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2011
zstranger:

^^^

I heard PDP is an Igbo party, is that true?

Thats a first by Ndigbo, no be so?
PDP as a party was formed by G34 and G34 is not ndigbo affair it's a Nigeria affair. Nigerians don't vote part but individual. Ngigi won in Anambra not because ACN is a National party but because people just like Ngige. ACN is a Yoruba party but its gradually going National by bring popular candidates to the poll in their platform.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by davd: 4:57pm On May 06, 2011
It's a Yoruba party, and the same time a betrayal party.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Mynd44: 5:24pm On May 06, 2011
Let me get this right, just cos the people in the SW saw better candidates in ACN does not make it a regional party
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bababuff(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2011
dclokz:

na lie ACN that did campaign for ribadu in yoruba , who know whether they were telling them not to vote for him lipsrsealed

LMAO grin grin
Na so Yoruba people bad reach?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by lagcity(m): 6:09pm On May 06, 2011
Guys stop reasoning with ethnic bigots. You can't win. Those labeling ACN as Yoruba party are not dumb; it is a strategy to limit its spread and influence. The strategy has not worked as ACN as expanded from Lagos and SW to other states. In 2015, ACN will be even stronger. There's nothing Yoruba haters can do about it.

@Ezeuche who keeps asking why ACN cleared the SW. PDP is a behemoth in Nigeria. Any upcoming party who doesn't concentrate resources at first will die prematurely; there has to be a base and SW is the base. If you are familiar with Sun Tzu, you will know that it is not smart for a weaker opponent to spread itself too thin. Why am i even explaining this to you? I think i just ignored the advise in my first sentence.  shocked

Anyway, no opposition party since 1999 has had the success of ACN (not AD, AC, PPA, ANPP, CPC, APGA, LP). This has raised a lot of eyebrows. PDP is now passive aggressive. One minute, ACN is full of rascals. Another minute, they send a jet to go pick up Bola Tinubu. They can't figure out what to do. Mark my words, ACN has sensed blood in the water and PDP will receive a bigger bite in 2015.

Now let's go the other route.
people say ACN is a Yoruba/Regional party, Yorubas only keep to themselves. They have problems with the Yoruba.
ACN says okay, we will go national. Now they scream and say no! no! no! go back to the SW.
If ACN is indeed a Yoruba or regional party. There's nothing wrong with that. The enemies of the Yoruba should be happy that Yoruba are keeping to themselves and minding their business. Any region can form their own party and rule however they like.

I THINK THE ACN BRAINS ARE FIRST-CLASS STRATEGISTS. NEVER HAS THERE BEEN SO MUCH EXCITEMENT ABOUT AN OPPPOSITION PARTY IN NIGERIA. CPC, APGA, PPA, AND THE OTHERS MUST BE GREEN WITH ENVY RIGHT NOW. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba People Don Vex For Igbo's / "President Buhari Not Opposed To Restructuring" - Femi Adesina / May Day: Workers’ Conditions Have Worsened Under Buhari - ASUU, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.