Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige (10310 Views)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by igboboy1(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Yet again he lives in Obalende shocked

keep on displaying your ancestoral traits. Lying and cheating. grin

You are really entertaining with your foolishness and stvpidity.

Where do we go from here?
Morinig of thousand foolishness. cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahaha ndi odua never cease to amaze me with their daftness, ride on brother rhino ride on, after i dont expect much from you as an odua dafty,

I must confess i no reach you for mouth (ah ah who in nigeria can compete with nwa odua for talking?). Well that is a characteristic of a Yoruba all talk and no action hence the label "coward". Thats why OBJ is the only odua son i respect cos instead of talking like the rest of his brethren he resorts to his trade mark "i dey laugh oooo" shocked shocked cos he knows all talk and no action makes odua a dull dafty grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 9:49pm On May 07, 2011
Igbo Boy and Rhino.5dm, please stop your war. Abeg una wit God, let us discuss devoid of as much rancour as we can help.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Rhino5dm: 9:56pm On May 07, 2011
Done!

Beaf:

Igbo Boy and Rhino.5dm, please stop your war. Abeg una wit God, let us discuss devoid of as much rancour as we can help.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by igboboy1(m): 9:56pm On May 07, 2011
@Beaf: i just dey catch fun for nairaland o thats all, wetin consign me with tribalism before? but at times it feels good firing back then after that i go go sh!t, sleep, eat and go to work. My point be say i no dey take  things personal for here cos it doesnt affect my bank account so i hope rhino is not crying or conspiring to kill all the igbos in lagos cos of igbo boy  cry
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 11:27pm On May 07, 2011
Well i dint have much to say i just tire for all the saying ACN is a yoruba party well if its was then we are happy to build ourself around one party and gain our ground back what happen to APGA and PPA in SE what happen to DPP in SS what happen to CPC in the north i am proud to be from the SW OYO state precisely and also happy to be member of ACN when yoruba are speaking its God that is speaking if not for riging i wonder where PDP will be today Action Congress: Democracy for ever
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 12:37am On May 08, 2011
bashy_demy:

Well i dint have much to say i just tire for all the saying ACN is a yoruba party well if its was then we are happy to build ourself around one party and gain our ground back what happen to APGA and PPA in SE what happen to DPP in SS what happen to CPC in the north i am proud to be from the SW OYO state precisely and also happy to be member of ACN when yoruba are speaking its God that is speaking if not for riging i wonder where PDP will be today Action Congress: Democracy for ever

Lol!

"God speaking?"

The bolded coming out of the mouth of an ACN member, resoundingly captures one leg of the argument I have been making in, which is tha ACN has a creed of ethnic supremacy. There is nothing wrong with being a regional or local party, but there is everything wrong with leaning toward paranoia and fascism.
Those outside of your catchment area feel insulted (even wounded) by such things. It just doesn't make sense.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:21am On May 08, 2011
@Beaf
This below illustrates my points in that post exactly. You are just as guilty of what you accuse others of. You hold on to Tinubu's alleged corrupt deeds like a dog-bone connection, yet you forget that GEJ and our first lady were accused, incidentally by the same EFCC, of corrupt acts. Unproven allegations that Ribadu has denied in both cases. Yet, you keep repeating the same things on Tinubu, but conveniently forgot about GEJs.

When I asked you, and expressed genuine interest in any concrete evidence you might have of Tinubu's involvement in the N2 billion monthly payment by Lagos State for tax collection, as well as whether Lagos is even paying N2 billion at all, you went silent. That you speak or write it doesn't make it true.

You compare Ibori to Tinubu - yet the latter is not afraid to roam freely within and outside Nigeria, while Ibori had to hide behind Yar'adua and when that failed high-tailed to Dubai and now under lock and key over concrete evidence of money laundering for which several of his associates have been convicted.

Look I hold no brief for any politician - they are all corrupt when we want to take the road of unrealistic absolutism. When we are realistic we can distinguish between those who know how to lead and can be given 49% of our trust (that is the highest level of trust I recommend that you put in any politician), and those who are just plain kleptomaniacs, indolent and selling snake oil.

There is simply no way you exist in today's Nigeria without having to engage in some type of corrupt act if you must survive - forced on you or not, small or big. It is to change such state of impunity where policemen can kill drivers over N10 that we are asking for President GEJs help. Now that he has all the instruments within his grasp we would hate to be disappointed since he did promise to transform Nigeria - he even went as far as to claim he will rid Nigeria of tribalism.

You talk about the topic being about ACN, but you were the one who introduced the "rascal" vs. "drunken fisherman" angle - and implied Tinubu must face consequences - of what I do not know. Or are you telling me this is what makes ACN a Yoruba party?

I do not expect you to change your perception, but at the back of the your head you would know that nobody is going to lay down in the face of ill-advised vengeance missions.

Lastly, and this is my very last post on this topic, why do you want ACN to change? Isn't it to PDP's advantage that ACN wouldn't make progress if Tinubu, according to you, continues to run it the same way? Ah ah - now you realize you have being working to make ACN better against yourself, unless of course that wasn't your intention at all - the real intention being to stop ACN's momentum under Tinubu which is inimical to PDP's sorry 12 years, and if this is what you guys are going to use the presidency for, going on 16 years of misrule. On the other hand, I am concerned that PDP might not use this chance to show they have the stuff it takes to move Nigeria forward. I am concerned about ACN is as much as it would be a disappointment if they cannot fulfill their promises.

I pray and hope that President GEJ succeeds beyond anybody's imagination - but mark my words, it is not going to happen if he or his foot soldiers start vengeance missions.

Beaf:

Dude, calm down. You are sounding extremely unreasonable. My perceptions are that ACN is a sectionalist party and Tinubu is a fascist, I do not see how you can persuade me or several others here who have reached the same conclusion by attacking my person. I also do not see how referring to GEJ and other political parties can change that perception, the thing that needs changing is strictly within ACN. Other parties might have their own problems, but this topic is about ACN.

99% of ACN's problems are with Tinubu who is bigoted and known to be extremely corrupt. How can a rogue be the leader of a pack of "holy" men?

Isn't it funny that when Ibori haunted the political scene, we all joined hands to condemn him and call for his arrest; but with positions reversed, you do not see anything wrong with Tinubu and his obnoxious politics?
Instead of reporting me to "Uncle" Gbawe, ask him if he can condemn Tinubu for his criminal ways, if he can not, why?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:29am On May 08, 2011
^
Dude, Tinubu's involvement with the drugs trade is proven. You should also look up Alpha Betta, Hitec, and LCC.

. . .And the only reason why Ibori is in jail and Tinubu isn't, is that while Delta state elders sweated their butts off, writing petisions to the EFCC and FG, the exact opposite happened with Tinubu. He was made a god because of his stolen wealth by some of the very same folk who point bright fingers at Ibori.

Some argue that Tinubu brought in Fashola who has generated a lot of development in Lagos; well, Ibori too brought tremendous development to Delta state, but he stole and was fought to a standstill by the people who helped the authorities find new directions outside the old charges he had evaded (as Tinubu is currently doing).

Jail Tinubu and hand ACN over to Fashola.

As for how ACN see's itself, here's something attributed by the Punch to Lai Mohamed due to Jonathans 'rascal' statement:

Jonathan inciting others against Yoruba – ACN

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102222451954

It is noteworthy that at the time the statement was made, ACN only controlled Lagos, Osun and Ekiti. Ogun, Oyo and Ondo were not under ACN's control, so how come the paranoid sweeping statement by Alhaji Lai Mohammed to cover the whole of Yoruba land? It is because he clearly thinks ACN is a Yoruba party.
Ngige must have come under pressure as well, to make the statement he did. Its no like anybody asked him.

And lastly, I keep telling you I do not work for GEJ. But I'm beginning to believe its just a tool to divert the argument toward PDP. I'm not even a member of PDP, so those arguments do not even begin to address any of my points about Tinubu's ACN being fascist; they are neither here nor there. It helps to stay on point.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2011
@ beaf and co what your problem in ACN being a regional party or Yoruba party all i know is that the party is making good impact in life of the mases not like your so call PDP that has nothing to show for 12yrs i left Lagos for Ondo in 1998 and come back to Lagos in 2002 i hardly recognize Lagos cos everything has change and then its Tinubu in power so he make Good inpact and when PDP come with there Mago Mago riging it was only tinubu that stand still that Lagos wont be rigged then now that he work so hard with some party member to regain back the SW and even Edo state and also some seat in the north and east you guys are now pointing accuse finger on him, you guys can jump off the cliff for all i care ACN is a strong party that has is strong Base in SW for now and come 2015 ACN is gonna have her base all over the Nigeria let wait and see ACN rules
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by DaLover(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2011
its a real sad day when people who should know better decide to play around with word to achieve other mean ings, the topic of the post is about ACN being a yoruba tribal party or not?
For those who say it is not, let answer the following questions, maybe they may change your understanding of the subject at hand.
Is CPC a northern party or not?
Is APGA an IBO party or not?
Is KKK a WHITE suppremaisist party or not?
Were AG,UPN, AD yoruba parties or not?

Now right now, I mean right now as we debate not 2015 but 2011, is ACN a yoruba tribal party or not? if the average nigerian on the street knows the answer to this simple question, y has it become a rocket science issue on NL,
If the key actors that ran AD are those running ACN, then for all intents and purposes the party remains the same, from my earliest recorde memory and the history, the yorubas have alwys felt better working alone together, many may not want to agree, but there exist this 'we r better than othr nigerians atitude' amongst the average yaruba man. In case the only reason why PDP ever ruled in the SW was because the yourba man was president at the time, after the yoruba man left the status quo had to return to how it has always been, yorubas in a yoruba party and the rest of nigeria doing their seperate thing,
The movement of the SW back to ACN/AD/UPN/AG (what ever alphabet) you choose to call it actually has less to do with PDP performance and more to do with the 'we should be together mentality' of the avarage yoruba man on the street, the poor performance of the PDP is a very convienent excuse for this activity, Now lets look at performance,
If fashola is doing great, does that translate to ACN doing great What about the other ACN\AD governors we know? What was the performance of the AD party in the SW before PDP took over? Does the fact that Donal duke and rotimi performed very well make PDP a great party? Can we try to be honest or should we call spade a shovel to change to meaning?
Now imagine an APGA governor inn Oyo state, what is your first reactionI mean ur true inner most feeling, not the polished one you would like to present,
Some one said that Ngige will convience Ibos to jump on the ACN trins, while I very much doubt that, I would say that if a good numder of Ibos start takingin AC N as theri party than it becomes a southern party, or a national party if same applies accross the country, but until then it remains a yoruba party with a sprinkling of politicians from outside the SW zone.

Now as a tribal party, other nigerians do not what you to control their afairs, hence nigerians rejection of Buhari as president on a tribal platform, Awolowo also suffereed the same fate and wht makes us feel that someone like fashola, whos performance cannot be measured to Awolos woulld stand a better chance on a tribal platformfood for tot
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by emmatok(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2011
DaLover:

its a real sad day when people who should know better decide to play around with word to achieve other mean ings, the topic of the post is about ACN being a yoruba tribal party or not?
For those who say it is not, let answer the following questions, maybe they may change your understanding of the subject at hand.
Is CPC a northern party or not?
Is APGA an IBO party or not?
Is KKK a WHITE suppremaisist party or not?
Were AG,UPN, AD yoruba parties or not?

Now right now, I mean right now as we debate not 2015 but 2011, is ACN a yoruba tribal party or not? if the average nigerian on the street knows the answer to this simple question, y has it become a rocket science issue on NL,
If the key actors that ran AD are those running ACN, then for all intents and purposes the party remains the same, from my earliest recorde memory and the history, the yorubas have alwys felt better working alone together, many may not want to agree, but there exist this 'we r better than othr nigerians atitude' amongst the average yaruba man. In case the only reason why PDP ever ruled in the SW was because the yourba man was president at the time, after the yoruba man left the status quo had to return to how it has always been, yorubas in a yoruba party and the rest of nigeria doing their seperate thing,
The movement of the SW back to ACN/AD/UPN/AG (what ever alphabet) you choose to call it actually has less to do with PDP performance and more to do with the 'we should be together mentality' of the avarage yoruba man on the street, the poor performance of the PDP is a very convienent excuse for this activity, Now lets look at performance,
If fashola is doing great, does that translate to ACN doing great What about the other ACN\AD governors we know? What was the performance of the AD party in the SW before PDP took over? Does the fact that Donal duke and rotimi performed very well make PDP a great party? Can we try to be honest or should we call spade a shovel to change to meaning?
Now imagine an APGA governor inn Oyo state, what is your first reactionI mean your true inner most feeling, not the polished one you would like to present,
Some one said that Ngige will convience Ibos to jump on the ACN trins, while I very much doubt that, I would say that if a good numder of Ibos start takingin AC N as theri party than it becomes a southern party, or a national party if same applies accross the country, but until then it remains a yoruba party with a sprinkling of politicians from outside the SW zone.

Now as a tribal party, other nigerians do not what you to control their afairs, hence nigerians rejection of Buhari as president on a tribal platform, Awolowo also suffereed the same fate and wht makes us feel that someone like fashola, whos performance cannot be measured to Awolos woulld stand a better chance on a tribal platformfood for tot

Bro it is not about tribal politics, it is about creating formidable opposition.

In US we have more blacks in the Democratic party than Republican party. Do you say the Republican is a party for whites only? NO

In US there are regions Democratic party will always win and Republican party will always loss election.Do now call the Democratic party a regional party? NO.

As it stand Nigeria will remain under-developed because the PDP control the FEDERAL GOVT in EXECUTIVE, JUDICIARY AND BOTH LEGISLATIVE HOUSE.

And that is absolute power which corrupt absolutely.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 2:05pm On May 08, 2011
bashy_demy:

@ beaf and co what your problem in ACN being a regional party or Yoruba party all i know is that the party is making good impact in life of the mases not like your so call PDP that has nothing to show for 12yrs i left Lagos for Ondo in 1998 and come back to Lagos in 2002 i hardly recognize Lagos cos everything has change and then its Tinubu in power so he make Good inpact and when PDP come with there Mago Mago riging it was only tinubu that stand still that Lagos wont be rigged then now that he work so hard with some party member to regain back the SW and even Edo state and also some seat in the north and east you guys are now pointing accuse finger on him, you guys can jump off the cliff for all i care ACN is a strong party that has is strong Base in SW for now and come 2015 ACN is gonna have her base all over the Nigeria let wait and see ACN rules

Dude, you are talking nonsense, who gives a damn about what you think about other parties?
Deal with the issues of ACN's fascism that have been raised.
ACN can be a regional party without resorting to ethnic bigotry; both Nigeria and ACN cannot afford such nonsense.

I guess though, that you agree with the perception that ACN is an ethnically based party that uses bigotry as a tool. Dude, that is a very dangerous and irresponsible strategy.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by emmatok(m): 2:13pm On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, you are talking nonsense, who gives a damn about what you think about other parties?
Deal with the issues of ACN's fascism that have been raised.
ACN can be a regional party without resorting to ethnic bigotry; both Nigeria and ACN cannot afford such nonsense.

I guess though, that you agree with the perception that ACN is an ethnically based party that uses bigotry as a tool. Dude, that is a very dangerous and irresponsible strategy.

Guy may be you should check up the meaning of "FASCISM" vary well.

If there is  a fascist party in Nigeria, it is the Corrupt PDP that has being controlling the FEDERAL GOVT for 12 years.

Making us believe they are the solution to Nigeria's problem.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2011
@emmatok abeg no mind the mumu cow beaf jare he knows nothing about what he is saying i think my own is that either ACN is a yoruba party or regional party they are the main opposition PDP has now and come 2015 let wait and see what will happen then, shikenna
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:20pm On May 08, 2011
emmatok:

Guy may be you should check up the meaning of "FASCISM" vary well.

If there is  a fascist party in Nigeria, it is the Corrupt PDP that has being controlling the FEDERAL GOVT for 12 years.

Making us believe they are the solution to Nigeria's problem.

That is another topic for discussion and several threads have been opened already. Sadly for you, the corruption you percieve in PDP has nothing to do with the definitions of fascism or ethnic bigotry.
This thread though, is about ACN. Deal with it, please.

I agree that fascism is a bit of a strong word, but it is better to heed the alarm now; the bells are ringing loudly. Below is the definition of fascism from Wikipedia:

Fascism ( /ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology.[1][2] Fascists advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics.[3] Fascists seek to purge forces and ideas deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration and produce their nation's rebirth based on commitment to the national community based on organic unity where individuals are bound together by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and "blood".[4] Fascists believe that a nation requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.[5] Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

It is easy to recognise ACN ticking the vast percentage of the boxes above. It is pursuing a very dangerous path in a multi-ethnic and under developed country like Nigeria. ACN can be successful without going down dark routes, there really is a thin thread to the slippery slope.
I don't know what you make of the headline below, but to me and many others, it is very alarming:

There are very many quotes where that came from, I'm sure we can even feel several pages with quotes that seem to have popped right out of a fascist handbook.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by emmatok(m): 3:26pm On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

That is another topic for discussion and several threads have been opened already. Sadly for you, the corruption you percieve in PDP has nothing to do with the definitions of fascism or ethnic bigotry.

I agree that fascism is a bit of a strong word, but it is better to heed the alarm now; the bells are ringing loudly. Below is the definition of fascism from Wikipedia:

It is easy to recognise ACN ticking the vast percentage of the boxes above. It is pursuing a very dangerous path in a multi-ethnic and under developed country like Nigeria. ACN can be successful without going down dark routes, there really is a thin thread to the slippery slope.
I don't know what you make of the headline below, but to me and many others, it is very alarming:

There are very many quotes where that came from, I'm sure we can even feel several pages with quotes that seem to have popped right out of a fascist handbook.

Fascism ( /ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology.[1][2] Fascists advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics.[3] Fascists seek to purge forces and ideas deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration and produce their nation's rebirth based on commitment to the national community based on organic unity where individuals are bound together by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and "blood".[4] Fascists believe that a nation requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.[5] Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state.[6]

From your Quote it is the PDP that is FASCIST here and not ACN.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2011
@beaf where you born in Gambia of somewhere other than Nigeria and also where were you in 2003 to see what PDP did to the people of SW wasn't that enough to be call Fascists?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:39pm On May 08, 2011
^
You can abuse me from now until tomorrow. But most people would still see beyond that, to the fact that Ngige saw the need to make claims that ACN is not a Yoruba party. Why did he see the need for that?
The reason you are resorting to abuse, is that you have no counter to the obvious.

PDP might have performed below your expectation, but that is no reason at all for ACN to tend toward fascism.

emmatok: From your Quote it is the PDP that is FASCIST here and not ACN.

You just wish to be blind, but wishes aren't reality.
Ok, lets agree just for the sake of it, that you truly believe PDP is fascist. Lol! Would that stop the charge that ACN is fascist? Erm, NO!

Deal with the issue at hand. If you are an ACN person, get your party to stop making bigoted statements and encouraging ethnic paranoia.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by emmatok(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

^
You can abuse me from now until tomorrow. But most people would still see beyond that, to the fact that Ngige saw the need to make claims that ACN is not a Yoruba party. Why?
The reason you are resorting to abuse, is that you have no counter to the obvious.

You just wish to be blind, but wishes aren't reality.
Ok, lets agree just for the sake of it, that you truly believe PDP is fascist. Lol! Would that stop the charge that ACN is fascist? Erm, NO!

Deal with the issue at hand. If you are an ACN person, get your party to stop making bigoted statements and encouraging ethnic paranoia.

I see you have been brain wash by PDP so you now believe all their lies.

You are supporting PDP simply because GEJ is from SS, tell me will you give the same support to a Hausa President from the same PDP?

The ACN you called a Yoruba party, has Produced at one least Federal Legislator from every Region in Nigeria.

Yet you called ACN a regional party.

WAKE UP MAN.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:58pm On May 08, 2011
^
You keep referring to other political parties, but I guess its, cos we agree about the observations on ACN and you have no real counter-arguments.
Just clean up the ACN house, dude; there is no need for such off-putting and dangerous tactics.

By the way, I am not a member of PDP, just as I am not a member of ACN. And parties are not determined to be fascist leaning or ethnically bigoted from the number of legislators they have; spread is measured by number of state govts.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by emmatok(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

^
You keep referring to other political parties, but I guess its, cos we agree about the observations on ACN and you have no real counter-arguments.
Just clean up the ACN house, dude; there is no need for such off-putting and dangerous tactics.

By the way, I am not a member of PDP, just as I am not a member of ACN.

I am not a member of ACN .

But your thoery of ACN a regional party hold no water.

How can you call a party with Legislators from all regions of the country a YORUBA PARTY?

Where is the logic in your arguments.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:14pm On May 08, 2011
emmatok:

I am not a member of ACN .

But your thoery of ACN a regional party hold no water.

How can you call a party with Legislators from all regions of the country a YORUBA PARTY?

Where is the logic in your arguments.

It is from statements like the below that have emanated from the very topmost echelon of ACN. The number of legislators cannot negate such:

Many more examples can be provided. I'm sure you know that too, which IMHO would be why you've neatly side-stepped addressing it.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by DaLover(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf its been obvious, based on oging discussions that ACN is a tribal party, but this fashist defination throws an entire new light on the matter, ethnic nationalim, authoritaranism, socialism, althese remind of the natioanlist, socialist party of germany earlier in the century, the dreaded NAZI party, we all know how that ended, lol, using the broom as insigna instead of the swasticka, ACN can never be credible opposition to the pdp as long as it remains a tribal party, the best it will do is to inspire the rise of other tribal parties,
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2011
@beaf your argument hold no water you are complaining about Jonathan inciting others against Yoruba – ACN where were you when that druken fisherman is saying Lagos is too precious to be leave in the hand of rascal can you define rascal for me? so if someone insult your region in your own land you should not respond right guy you need to wake up and again calling ACN regional party a party that produce strong candidate all over the states of the federation of not for rigging and what they did to the ACN Governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom that state might have been ACN's also River state and Benue now tell can your APGA win any seat West and North region even your so call PPA guy wake up from your slumber
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by ak47mann(m): 8:16pm On May 08, 2011
ribadu don run go join TALIBAN 4 Afghanistan poor man ndi- Yoruba dont bite am for back grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by bashydemy(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2011
^^^ na AK47 you take pursue am go ?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by ak47mann(m): 11:51pm On May 08, 2011
source
Nuhu Ribadu, the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria and former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, has quietly relocated to Afghanistan to assume duties as a member of the Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee in that country.

Ribadu was appointed to the position by the United Nation's Department for International Development (DFID) in Afghanistan, in December 2010.

The former EFCC boss started work in Kabul last week. His schedule will take him between the cities of Kabul and Kandahar on a regular basis.

Text of Team Ribadu's Press statement:

The Presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, today begins a three-week country governance audit of Afghanistan as part of a six-man international monitoring team set up by the United Nations under the “Afghanistan Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee.”

Mr. Ribadu left Nigeria for Afghanistan last Tuesday, May 3; joined five other team members in Dubai; and traveled into Kabul at the weekend where they are expected to fine-tune the strategy of curbing corruption in the troubled country.

The committee’s duties, according to briefing papers from the Department of Foreign International Development, DFID, and the United Nations Development Programme office, include a review of the social, political, economic and cultural conditions giving life to corruption in the country, which they tag “drivers of corruption,” and a sustainable proposal on how to curb the crime and moral ill that has ravaged the image and international standing of the conflict ridden country.

sahara reporters
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by igboboy1(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2011
bashy_demy:

@beaf your argument hold no water you are complaining about Jonathan inciting others against Yoruba – ACN where were you when that druken fisherman is saying Lagos is too precious to be leave in the hand of rascal can you define rascal for me? so if someone insult your region in your own land you should not respond right guy you need to wake up and again calling ACN regional party a party that produce strong candidate all over the states of the federation of not for rigging and what they did to the ACN Governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom that state might have been ACN's also River state and Benue now tell can your APGA win any seat West and North region even your so call PPA guy wake up from your slumber

what is the benefit of the so called education in the southwest? Is it english that is hard for you? I think jonathan mistake was delivering that speech in english, he could have allowed obj to read it in Yoruba so maybe you guys would have understood. He was referring to the politicians and not the people yet you guys just want to add salt and pepper into his speech, una sef undecided
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by chines4(m): 9:45am On May 09, 2011
Must this degenerate to tribal war. Can't we just discuss as Nigerians and stop all these Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba mentality.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by duke4ever: 10:08am On May 09, 2011
well said
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by DaLover(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2011
igbo boy:

what is the benefit of the so called education in the southwest? Is it english that is hard for you? I think jonathan mistake was delivering that speech in english, he could have allowed obj to read it in Yoruba so maybe you guys would have understood. He was referring to the politicians and not the people yet you guys just want to add salt and pepper into his speech, una sef undecided

Igbo boy to buttress your points, This points to exactly what beaf is saying,
Lets do the logic,
----GEJ insults ACN leaders(A political party) as rascals
----ACN leaders say GEJ insulted yoruba people

hence
ACN=Yoruba

or else the quarel would have been between ACN and PDP,
but because ACN is actually seen as a yoruba party by NLers and
ACN leaders , they accuse GEJ of insulting yoruba people,

If for instance I said PDP people were rascals, no specific region would
feel insulted,

Trying to sell a regional party as a national one when it is not says a number of things,
which the nigerian public reject entirely. You are indirectly telling us that you are a
better and wiser people who would lead us out from our economic depression,.

You have taken a erformaing governor and wrapped tan ethnic party around him in a bid to sell
the rest of Nigeria falsehood, unfortunately for these people who feel they are better and more
advanced than us, we can see through this falsehood.

I have made this analogy before and I will make it again to press home my points,
The average black american will always reject a white man who has ties to the
KKK, no matter how good an administrator he is, no matter his track record of achievements,

Now in Nigeria, we will reject a tribal party in any form, from appearing at the national stage,
Just ask Buhari, or Awo's friends
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by DaLover(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2011
chines4:

Must this degenerate to tribal war. Can't we just discuss as Nigerians and stop all these Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba mentality.

No it musn't, if we all agree that no one is better than the other,
some may be lucker to have experienced education first, or be blessed with natural
resources, but that still does't make them better,

If that understanding of equality is observed by most, than there shall be peaceful progress.

Chines you have to understand the discussion in the context of the title and the underlying issues,

Well the discussion is quite obvious, don't need to repeat it,
The underlying issue is that proponents of the ACN are saying that their party is the one to
lead us out of the mess called nigeria, and we on the other hand are saying capital NO,
not with ethnic brand of politics, and definately not with false mis-representations of performance
by the ACN. Especially when it has been proven beyond doubt that ACN is just as corrupt as PDP,
but with tribal afiliations.

IMO what is required is a party that can carry all along, has a clear vision on how to rapidly industrial
the country and make it productive, not all these populist policies of free this, free that, things that
are unsustainable and depend on oil revenue, so far no party has been able to do that,
But for people to want to use tricks to bambozule me to a tribal party is just outrightly shameful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zamfara: Matawalle Lays Foundation For N8.631 Billion RUGA Project / Alamieyesigha Urges Fed Govt To Legalise Bunkering / Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.