Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52069 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BlueAir: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
smiley What is online content writing about
ThaThinka:
As bad as this country appears to be, I almost found this hard to believe. Things happen and can be saddening.

Keep moving on, soldier! This phase shall pass.

I see you write well. Why don't you give online content writing a try? It might not make you rich, but you may be able to get something better than you currently earn. A secret: that's contributed greatly to my not worrying so much about lack of a job all these years.

As someone suggested above, you may also try working as a teacher. You will at least have more time to do other things or earn extra doing tutorials.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ingredient88(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
I can understand what you are passing through my brother, this is all what I thought about during my nysc service, that prompted me to go learn hand work...Barbing which I still rely on up to now, so much responsibility on me, but what will I do! rather you just have to move on, look for a better job at least that will be fetching you something, so that you can live on, and I wish you can learn hand work, also look for something to learn at least b4 six-seven months, you'll be able to stand and survive too, so that you can put bread on your table, may God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Oyewale25: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

I feel for u bro, to see job in dis country na by Gods grace even with first class unless u know someone who knows someone at the top but regardless people are getting a well paying jobs without knowing anybody. Wht u study really matters at times. I have a friend who study CRIMINOLOGY, we advised him to write jamb again dat year so he can pick his dream course but baba refused, study CRIMINOLOGY all in the name of I wanna enter school. Like for real, dat iind course in Nigeria of today. All the criminals I know are in power/ government. This guy is still looking for job with first class in CRIMINOLOGY 6years after graduation.

So my brother the little money I will borrow u is to find a teaching job and quit the hotel job, use ur weekend to learn something outside the box like solar Installation, Electrical wiring, plumber or computer (excel) den u can rush up ur CV and starts applying from front desk, office Assistant et al. Before u know something good will come up.

We just av to make little sacrifices. Shalom brother

4 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by samology2000: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

I studied Mech. Engr. Don_simon83@yahoo.com. I will appreciate your assistance.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kingstanding: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

. I guess someone like you will be amongst the people that will be yawn rubbish about Nigerians cleaning poo in abroad? You will know that I'm saying damn truth because your believe was being a student in University in Nigeria the world is yours. I celebrate my fellow Nigerians cleaning poo in abroad, God bless you Heath carer in diaspora at least at the end of the month 3,000 dollars will be credited to your account. Well, I pray Almighty God will bless you with a good job with fat salary. You can't give what you don't have is the situation of Nigeria. There is no job in this country and the little that we have na paddy paddy they use it to do.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by McOluOmo: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
candidbabe:
JESUS JESUS JESUS
What did I just read?
Father Lord behold your child.
any work available? I'm ready to do it, life is hard in Nigeria now
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BinamRex: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Poster, I feel your pain. I am a teacher and I teach three subjects: JSS 1 to SS 3, Computer, JSS 3 to SS 3, Civic; SS I to 3, Government.

I am just being used. The salary is meagre and I want to resign and look for a better job. When I tell my unemployed friends about my wish to resign, they tell me to appeal to the proprietress of the school to employ them in my place. This makes me feel I should be appreciative of having a job. I really want to resign but I don't know how soon I'd land another job. This is not the right time to be unemployed for long.

Something happened in my school that got me upset. The teachers organized an extramural lesson for the students and it was agreed that the money would be shared after the end of term exams. The money was shared on Wednesday and I was given only 4k. I wasn't even around when they shared it. They gave a colleague the money to give me. Another colleague told me the money is usually above 6k, so I confronted them. The flimsy reason they gave me was that I was employed two weeks after the term had begun, so they felt I shouldn't share the money equally with them. I was pissed. Yes, I was employed two weeks after the term had begun, but the lesson started in the third week and the timetable was drafted in my presence. I told them this and they insisted that that's how it's done everywhere.

So the extramural lesson started in the third week, and I was around when it started, but I didn't deserve to be paid what I worked for.

This country sucks. People who decide to earn an honest living are usually always at the bottom. Life is so HARD. Sometimes I wish I was a lady. I'd have sold my body to raise funds for business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Zubydeangelo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
hottadiva:
Can you drive? I have someone who needs a driver at mafoluku oshodi and is willing to pay 40k
How about the driving job? Is it still available & how can I reach you?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by goldenpatty: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
pls i studied chemical engineering any help
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kate06(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Hmm, your story is deep.

I don't have much to say but i want you to know that even 1st class graduates are still unemployed today how much more 2:1.

So, forget about certificate and learn a skill. If you don't mind joining my biz( learn a skill and make some $$ online via freelancing).

Let me have ur telegram username to assist.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
The male guest will fvck and use the bedsheet to wipe out his sperm.Na laundry man go use bare hands wash am.It's so painful.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by poiZon: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
FirefliesSun:

You are still luck. The reason why I said this is because you still get to wake up in good health. All you just need is to think of a way forward. Things are bad in the country and that's a fact.

If you hear other graduates story ehemmmm u will cry. There was one I read a while back in jobs & vacancy section, I think the moniker is Aabuja , he talked about being a 2016 graduate. Check the thread, you will see people who are still unemployed at over 8 years after school. People who are still stucked with their aged parents.

Even me as it is,if I looked back and had to choose between working for other people, being emotional abused or being between learning a trade and being self employed: I will learn a trade. What can 35k do at the end of the day
Am a 2007 graduate...
Till now no job...
Am now at the mercy of family...

We plenty for here oo
I did laundry for 4yrs, i dry finish, covid19 put a final lid to the biz, cos for 3months no pants to wash, landlord come add him own trouble increase rent.
Paying rent in shop and house.
The area my shop was situated was unique, once there is no light, there will be customers. Once nepa bring light for the week, business will slow.
So either turn devil advocate so u have jobs to do at the expense of ur generator or u be on the side of the community guys and pray make light come and u go back empty.
Apartfrom the stress, i had serious issues with my health, wasnt lasting long while making love to my woman.
It affected our relationship so bad that she thought i was getting sex elsewhere. Not knowing my system was constantly on fire.
Am not even talking of insults from Customers, customers that will give u clothes worth 10k but will be picking 1weekly till the clothes finish for ur hand without u seeing what u use the money for.
Those that will give u clothes and later u realised they turned ur shop to their wardrobe.
Those that will owe u money for ages, those that will tell u without them giving u clothes, u cant eat.
The best customers too that will pay before service...
Have seen stuffs

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SKYHIGHfx: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pls learn a skill, learn FOREX, crypto, youtubing, code etc
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
First of all, what did you study? Idk why nobody is asking that question.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Watinhapen(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
@ Poster, this your ordeal is very sympathetic. How can a graduate with 2:1 be washing clothes in an hotel with your hands talk more of washing shits and menstrual blood. Your job is irritating to say the least. The way some of these employers subjects their employees to dehumanising jobs is just so devilish.

The truth is there are many opportunities out there but most of our problem is information. There are lots of jobs you can do online as a freelancer and you will be paid more than 50k without stress. I’m into freelancing, I haven’t work for any company since I graduated. What I earn every month without stress, I can confidently tell you that most managers don’t earn it in Nigeria. I even have some people working for me which I’m paying. They earn far more than what you’re earning. I haven’t seen them before but we communicate sorely online. This is to tell you that there are opportunities online.

Stop this your slavery job immediately. This is no job, it is pure slavery. Also, search for teaching jobs, teaching is far better than what you’re doing now. As a teacher you have opportunities to meet parents and start private lessons. I wonder what you can do with 15k in a month because I spend more than 60k in a month for food and other house expenses.

Stop this your work immediately and get useful for yourself. Don’t let anyone use you as a slave all in the name of a job.

3 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ajiswaggs(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Can you work online
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SimplePlan34: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
BlueAir:
smiley What is online content writing about

Content writing how do you start
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Joetttimua1811(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Only if you will believe, I prophecy that on this day your struggles have come to an end as the ALMIGHTY is going to elevate you beyond man's comprehension. The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof... Receive your breakthrough in Jesus Name (Amen)

8 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Cutehector(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
lereinter:

You didn't see secondary school to teach
or he didnt see bank to work

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SaintUlot: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
Calorie:
It's this part of your story that caught my attention.

If this is true, don't you think you're cheating yourself. If you can do this for peanut that's not even coming at the right time, why can't you do it for yourself while you get paid daily.

Our graduates should wake up and think outside the box. This thing you are complaining about is actually a business opportunity for you. You can even be selective in the type of clothes or bedsheet to watch. If you are going as far as watching bedsheets with poo, that becomes a premium service and you will need to charge differently.
Well, no need to tell much story. Let me allow others to comment.

Why don't you Share necessary ideas with him, nobody knows it all
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by zinaunreal(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
This is the nastiest thing I have read in a decade , damn!!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by iHart(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sacrifice two years, go and learn welding or auto mechanics
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by achymmania: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
Twista88:

Good evening sir.. I studied chemical engineering and I will be grateful sir if there's anyway you can assist me as I really need help.. I will be grateful sir.. Thank you ..
person say make you quite an with your email, you Dey ask if he can assist you in any way. Simple instruction.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ashhakawi: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Good afternoon sir. I studied Chemical Engineering
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by clothingonline(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
If you can ride a bike will pay you 50k monthly as a dispatch rider
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Egbetayo(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Enhance the drycleaning skill that circumstances has forced on you by establishing a drycleaning business. I have done it before and I can assure you is lucrative if you can endure .
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by oche2020: 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmmm your story is really touching my brother I must say, aspect of not able to meet your families needs breaks me, I will say have you been invited for interviews before? If no then you have a poor CV, as a good CV well prepared will speak �️ for you while you ain't there and make people want to call and talk to you, hit me up let it be my little contribution to you, will be happy to get you a very good CV and cover letter to attract your potential employers. Shalom and Continue to keep the hopes high.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by cayorday89(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Orente21:
teaching is not easy. No everyone can write lesson notes, mark classwork, give assignment. Shout on top of ur voice and at the end of the day, parents hardly reward teachers
It's not that easy but most times we make teaching hard, suggest typing lesson notes and make it permanent, as for marking, do that while you give the students spellings to read, assignment shulould be marked last period before break, while the pupils themselves are worn out and looking forward to break, so you give them classwork at that time to keep them engaged. And as for shouting, na you dey do yourself, be friendly with them and let them know when to be calm and when to act otherwise, note both state is a must for them. It's now left to you to be able to control them or turn a deaf ear to it.. Taught all levels and I was able to cope with them, and I find time to make noise together with them for a short period of time and when it's time to be serious they know there is no other option..

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jericco1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
My brother if you have a good phone try doing surveys.

There is cashcamel, zipper and even zap survey with a good IP you can make 20k a week.

Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Sholaco: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oga with this your story and experience about education i hope you would not dare to send your children to school undecided or what are you trying to tell us, Huh? You forget that fingers are not equal, right? Your star and destiny might not be through education. But your parents refused to detect your potential by sending to school. Therefore, i will advise you to train your children and not because you didn't make it through your qualification,you here telling us trash

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Sammerboi: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
When I saw the headline I was thinking man was washing poop abroad. Not knowing it’s tho same PmB Naija. You’re in a difficult situation still but you’ve to quit the job. Better learn and trade or find yourself another modest job.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Gjmff: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.