Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (88012 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by NaMe4: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2021
Kzinne:
Jeez. Imagine the people we have in power. No wonder they keep robbing the people

When you hear 'rogues in power', it's not an exaggeration.
That's why the country is where it is.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Purplebirdrep: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Seriously serious
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by moufan: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Miosendyin:
Very sure the robbers are Muslims and are like their Muhammad
you are very maaad, bastarrd, your father is also maaad, ignoramus foooool,ode
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2021
I worked with Mobil oil Nigeria PLC
Yes, Bola Tinubu was Mobil treasurer.
Don't you see Chief Pius Akinyelure and Bola Tinubu together always?
Chief Akinyelure was Mobil Financial Director until he retired.
Bola Tinubu left Mobil to join politics.
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?

3 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Okoroawusa: 8:21am On Jun 15, 2021
I am not saying it is a lie ooo!

... but this story be one kind.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Yes they do.
After Bola Tinubu, one Mr. Aina (he had polio), took over from him.
You are actually the ignorant one here. You and the 115 people that liked your comment.

You people need to work on your esteem. Just because you don't like Bola Tinubu will not make all his accomplishments vanish. It shows Igbos are just envious.
IPOBrep:

Limited liability companies don't have treasurers. Not to talk of an unlimited liability company. Get the point

4 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Exodora: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?
She said he asked them to come over anytime they feel like probably they maintained the relationship from there.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ariesbull: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2021
Kewtt:

Dino is full blooded Yoruba. Of the okun stock in kogi
many Okun i know here in Lagos don't call themselves yoruba

I have never seen Dino refer to himself as Yoruba either
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 15, 2021
Apparently you are a senior writer of nothing.
Google is your friend cool
Seniorwriter:

Not surprised!

Exactly

Don't mind that Ignorant toxic being.
Treasurer Ko Aza man ni...some Nigerian citizens are anyhow set of mumu.

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by GEEBITE: 8:34am On Jun 15, 2021
In 92/93, Fayose and wife were both living in Barking East Lokdon. This woman is spinning a tale probably from a deluded mind.
Penguin2:

Lol!

I’m Fayose fan but shit looks like what he will do.

I would have said Tinubu but dude was busy pushing drug in Chicago then.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Empredboy(m): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..
Ladoja
Akala
Aregbe...

Pick from the above...
Since Na Yoruba state
what of amosun, gbenga Daniel?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by bammydhele(m): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2021
I see good sense in this statement. There will be less crime if we have good ppl at the Political level.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2021
Igbos are very ignorant.
See how they are hailing this idiot's statement!
Fool leading fools!

No wonder you guys are all into selling spare parts.
I pity your generations.
MajorOvakporaye:

CHAI!!! See finishing for Seunmsg!!! cheesy shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Seniorwriter(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2021
bunto:
Apparently you are a senior writer of nothing.
Google is your friend cool
I've checked it even way back before he was a Governor...his nephew that stays in Ogba(names withheld) is a friend way back 1997 when internet was only more accessible via cyber cafés and I know more than meets the eye.
You are one of those that believe every status uploaded by people on google.
I'll just say that Tinubu is a smart crook and it's quite unfortunate that most Nigerian politicians are likewise.

@Seniorwriter
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Sholaco: 8:45am On Jun 15, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
She should mention names or IPOB spirit is at work
orji uzor kalu is one of the robber cheesy
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Seniorwriter(m): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2021
klas:

See how all of you just wallow in ignorance with arrogance.

If you are uninformed, why not research?

Which big companies or banks don’t have treasury operations? What is the nomenclature of the head of treasury?

ExxonMobil has a Company Treasurer and one of the recent occupants of that position that I know of, is Femi Ogunbi.

I've checked it even way back before he was a Governor...his nephew that stays in Ogba(names withheld) is a friend way back 1997 when internet was only more accessible via cyber cafés and I know more than meets the eye.
You are one of those that believe every status uploaded by people on google.
I'll just say that Tinubu is a smart crook and it's quite unfortunate that most Nigerian politicians are likewise.

@Seniorwriter
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by chrisj2(m): 9:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Let me guess here that it was a staged performance by Abiola and his thugs/area boys... The new young wife will not have known and the Oyinbos too will be ignorant of the whole shenanigan... Abiola is a bird of the same feather with the thugs and criminally minded politicians that groom successors to continue to rape Nigeria...

My tuppence!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by LuQuLuQu(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor

You made him?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Monday60655(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2021
So what is keeping your mouth shut from revealing their name? Or are you telling us a super story?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by mofedamijo(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?

Arrogant illiterate.....

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Kewtt: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2021
ariesbull:
many Okun i know here in Lagos don't call themselves yoruba

I have never seen Dino refer to himself as Yoruba either
You don't call yourself what you are already.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by sangresan(m): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor

A lot of misinformed Nigerians don't know that Tinubu was the Treasurer at Mobil being seconded from the USA. He entered into politics with wealth and he was seen as a wizkid in Nigerian politics in the early 90s.

This story of drug pushing is yet to be confirmed by reliable news media. It first appeared on Sahara Reporters which I don't see as a credible source.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by OmoEpe(m): 9:43am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

Google is your friend but nicoompoop like you won't use it. He was a chartered accountant with Mobil international. Your generation can never aspire to such post.

Tinubu is greater than all your generation can ever dream of aspiring to

Olofo sombori
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by sangresan(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2021
That some people even doubt that Tinubu once worked with Mobil shows the level of ignorance in the polity. Many of those who criticize Nigerian political office holders aren't better off in thought and intellect.

This man was the Chairman Senate Committee on Appropriation (?) as far back as 1991/92...Yet many here believe that he was a pauper in 1999. smh

Go and read about NRC/SDP battles in Lagos.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by sangresan(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You don't even know anything lool. Fayose had both his ond and hnd from ibadanpoly. If you had said fayose is stubborn, I'd have agreed with you because his dad always said this. Please i need you to point to me what's false about the fayose that i know.

Aregbe is one of those referred to by the woman, the same who later became governor. He was also a reps member twice , representing alimosho constituency in Lagos. The same learned generator mechanic work in ibadan before leaving his master. This isn't even a new thing so I wonder why many here didn't know this before now. Aregbe grew up in the heart of ibadan. When he wanted to become governor in osun, his people even accused him of his dirty past, while in ibadan, but as you know, tinubu covered all that up. MKO later handed him over to tinubu for grooming after he had changed from his habit. Tinubu was one of MKO's followers. Responses here suggested to me that, most of you are of indomie generation. Did the woman say one of them travelled to the UK? You cannot leave for any western country and come back to Rob, except your village people are after you. Aregbe was among the notorious armed robbers destabilising the old oyo state back in the days. He's an ilesha man which was part of oyo state then before he met MKO

Abeg Aregbe was never elected into the HoR. You could be right or wrong. I just have to point this out.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by SEGLIZ: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2021
Tolu181:
the money was clean kill you there

can't you guys make comments without pass insult or provoke aggression?
I'm sure you only woke up hearing about MKO!?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2021
Sahara reporters

Why am I not surprised!
We don't even know this woman as one of Abiola's wives.
I wonder where Sahara reporters went to dig her out from?

Sowore is probably being paid to minimize the chances of the SW in the next election.
Omo ale!

Richandsimple:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/three-armed-robbers-who-ambushed-mko-abiola-his-way-olubadan%E2%80%99s-palace-became-governor
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2021
bunto:
Igbos are very ignorant.
See how they are hailing this idiot's statement!
Fool leading fools!

No wonder you guys are all into selling spare parts.
I pity your generations.

E PAIN AM OH!!! cheesy

USELESS HEAD SLAMMING BASTARD!!!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Advancedman(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?

so Chief came out and gave them money. He told them they were nice young persons and shouldn’t be involved in crime. They told him if they were two or three of him in the country, they wouldn’t be involved in crime. They told their victims to go, some of the victims told Chief they didn’t have transport means, so Chief gave the robbers and victims money.

“The Americans were surprised as well, I too was happy. Chief told them to go back to school and come to his house anytime they needed money

Probably they came for money at chief's house at later day.
So it's quite reasonable for her to know them.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Realhommie(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2021
ShootThemAll:
MKO wey dey with him oyibo client....all na wash... Staged! Just to buy the minds of the white guys to invest and that he has powers to control any agitation.

No be today Yahoo Yahoo start o grin
Hahahahahaha. This is plausible oooooo, Naija politicians can do anything. Chaiiiii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Okorocha’s N1billion Mansion Shocks Buhari - Pointblank.com / Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu / Coronavirus: In Few Months From Now, Newspaper Headlines May Read Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.