Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (88013 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by billyG(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2021
After sieving d wheats from d chaffs na fayose remain as chaff.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Not just Mobil o. He worked for the American companies Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation before joining Mobil oil as an Auditor. He was transferred to Mobil’s Nigeria office in the 80’s as head of internal audit and later became the treasurer of the company.

I still remember very well that Mobil oil organized a reception for him in 1999 when he was elected governor. Why people are trying to dispute an information that has been in public domain for years is just plain silliness.

Wow! What a resume. His haters just made up a bogus story and they have been running with it for so long, without facts.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2021
HRMK:
they are jealous!tinubu was already a dollar millionaire before joining politics!he got his money from employment!NOT DRUGS OR ANY SHADY BUSINESS!!

Cool

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2021
hardbody:

LOL... As a "Treasurer".....and he was the first and last to hold that position because the job function doesn't exist any more....

Funny people.

Really funny, cos some of them actually believe the lies...with no facts to back it up.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:55am On Jun 15, 2021
christistruth01:

Fayose was a Danfo Driver not an Armed Robber

Stop being ridiculous

He was a danfo driver in Ibadan at that time ??
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2021
supereagle:

Fayose has been a good Christian. I suspect Ogbemi Rafiu Aregbesola.

Loool
Fayose a good Christian
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by BJanta: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.

Rauf is a pretender. If see how he looted Osun"s treasury when he was the governor, you won't look beyond him.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2021
ibechris:

Polygamy was his greatest undoing.
His children are more than 70 including those who were born even after he died. The controversy is so much that,during the DNA screening there was so much quarell and fights over the real and fake children. Till today, the DNA test had been postponed.
Abiola had children after his death??

Does that means he was marrying and knacking while in prison ??

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Ladoja is a 1st Class Engineer and already a Senator then too. The only outsider in terms of the character of SW Governor is Mr Peter Ayo Fayose. Most SW state governors are First Class materials with strong academic background. Even Asiwaju Tinubu is a 1st Class too.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria.

You could have just checked his profile

Early life of Rashid Ladoja.

Ladoja was born on 25 September 1944 in Gambari village near Ibadan. He attended Ibadan Boys High School (1958–1963) and Olivet Baptist High School (1964–1965). He studied at the University of Liège, Belgium (1966–1972) where he earned a degree in Chemical Engineering. He obtained a job with Total Nigeria, an oil company, where he worked for 13 years in various positions before entering private business in 1985. His business interests include Shipping, Manufacturing, Banking, Agriculture and Transportation.[1] He was elected to the Senate of Nigeria in 1993 during the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic, he was a member of the United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) during the Abacha Political Transition.

Thanks for the clarification. It will be fayose then, since most folks are mentioning him here.

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by coolhumble(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2021
I have also been thinking oh � .

FarahAideed:
Who could the robber that became governor be?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by coolhumble(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2021
I swear he came to my mind. Another person from ibadan too.. hmm

MyVILLAGEpeople:

Thanks for the clarification. It will be fayose then, since most folks are mentioning him here.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2021
sangresan:

Abeg Aregbe was never elected into the HoR. You could be right or wrong. I just have to point this out.
I apologise. It was one of them who was elected reps member in alimosho twice, not aregbesola...but aregbesola who later became governor was one of them. They were actually 3 in number who attacked MKO convoy. I've heard this story before now. I just confirmed from the old man who once narrated the story, a former editor at concord newspapers , also owned by MKO

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2021
saajus:
I suspect Fayose. He's a tough guy. He's into fraud when he was living in Ibadan. Everybody knows Spotless. That's the name of his company. He's into fake traveling papers and I think he diversified into drug pushing at a time.

Omo grin grin
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by coolhumble(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Fayose or Rauf aregbe...

billyG:
After sieving d wheats from d chaffs na fayose remain as chaff.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

I’m not defending anybody. I made it very clear that I suspect him and Fayose because their past before politics is shrouded in controversies. You’re the one defending your man Fayose and not me. I’m not defending Rauf in anyway. I only corrected the falsehood that he was in the house of reps or assembly.
I apologise to you seunmsg. It was one of them who was elected federal reps member in alimosho twice, not aregbesola...but aregbesola who later became governor was also one of them. They were actually 3 in number who attacked MKO convoy. I've heard this story before now. I just confirmed this from the old man who once narrated the story. Aregbe was never elected reps member but he was among. The old man, dad's friend to be precise, was one of the editors in concord newspapers back in the days, which was also owned by MKO. I had to apologise due to civility in your response. Cheers
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Aderupoko2:
How did the woman remember that faces and names of those armed robbers, na she send them ni?

Read the story well
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Realhommie(m): 11:25am On Jun 15, 2021
Chinny024:
What's is the name of that man caught on camera with Hammer.. I mean the one that have robbed women physically, emotionally and otherwise!!!
Remind me please!!!
FFK wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by BassReeves: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
[s]Dont waste much time guy. Aregbe is the one, you can contest this hard fact anywhere[/s]

BassReeves:
When was Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, a twice Lagos Federal House of Reps member? Smh. KMFT.

Eriokanmi:
Hun! ...guys please stop jumping to comment without fact-checking. It would only make people think you're truly lazy as buhari had said. It doesn't cost you anything if you find out some stuffs you're not clear about

BassReeves:
Mr Methuselah Workaholic, talk is cheap.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Present how Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, was twice a Lagos Federal House of Reps member? Smh. KMFT.

sangresan:
Abeg Aregbe was never elected into the HoR. You could be right or wrong. I just have to point this out.

Eriokanmi:
I apologise. It was one of them who was elected reps member in alimosho twice, not aregbesola...but aregbesola who later became governor was one of them. They were actually 3 in number who attacked MKO convoy. I've heard this story before now. I just confirmed from the old man who once narrated the story.
You have at least one more apology to make
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Realhommie(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

The part in bold is absolute rubbish. Aregbesola was never in the house of reps or house of assembly. He was a commissioner before contesting for governor of Osun state.

Personally, I suspect him and Fayose simply because their lives before politics has been shrouded in controversy. Fayose was a well known hustler in Ibadan before politics. So many people have testified that he was once a cab driver and later a 419 kingpin. I won’t be surprised if it is revealed that he was once an armed robber.
This is simply for the one who became Governor. What about the other 2 who became HOR members like she mentioned, any guesses please?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by zoomzoom(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
[quote author=seborrhic post=102715910]
Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?.

I bet you that in your RUSH
to discredit her story, you CONVENIENTLY skipped the PART where abiola asked them to visit abi.
I'm guessing that abiola may have sponsored their education sef..
Do well to reread.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by IPOBrep: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
bunto:
Yes they do.
After Bola Tinubu, one Mr. Aina (he had polio), took over from him.
You are actually the ignorant one here. You and the 115 people that liked your comment.

You people need to work on your esteem. Just because you don't like Bola Tinubu will not make all his accomplishments vanish. It shows Igbos are just envious.

my assertion was wrong however i have nothing against tinubu. i have nothing in the west
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by DedeNkem: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
Name them!!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Munzy14(m): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Who could the robber that became governor be?
I am suspecting Ti.....grin

Or Amo.....grin
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Munzy14(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor
So you aren't aware armed robbery then, Is like our modern day yahoo..
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by amiskurie(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol!

I’m Fayose fan but shit looks like what he will do.

I would have said Tinubu but dude was busy pushing drug in Chicago then.

Yes, you are right. Fayose was a spare part tout in ibadan... I know someone who knows him back then.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Oshokalo: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
grin grin grin grin
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Oshokalo: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor
how did he become wealthy dats what we are talking
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Oshokalo: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
I hear say this present one run things back then,don't use their agbada and suit dey judge their old ways,I don hear dat fayose story before, that's why u always see him very free sitting with those tout at the garage
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Miosendyin: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ode. Whi tell you dis terrorist say I be muslim? Both u wey be muslim and christains na we una preachers dey run to when dem need help. Oponu ode.. Omo Ifa ni mi abi ti e fe baje ni? Useless religion. D xtains brain beta pass una own by far.

adm212144:
you are a mad man .Christians have long history of robbers than Muslim with likes of oyenusi and Anini .Shina Rambo all go to church with blood monies
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by yahmohy27: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?
I THINK ITS YOU TALKING RUBBISH NOW
WHY WOULD SHE MENTION NAMES
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Miosendyin: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Your Muhammad was bisexual and scared of dogs and pigs. His only power is to kidnap and lie to people. Ogun k e e all of una

moufan:
you are very maaad, bastarrd, your father is also maaad, ignoramus foooool,ode
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Rrchrd(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Richandsimple:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/three-armed-robbers-who-ambushed-mko-abiola-his-way-olubadan%E2%80%99s-palace-became-governor
Please someone should ambush Buhari I will make him a senator

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Okorocha’s N1billion Mansion Shocks Buhari - Pointblank.com / Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu / Coronavirus: In Few Months From Now, Newspaper Headlines May Read Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.