Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? (2969 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
1.John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

In this verse Jesus said he is not alone but he and his father are together.
Meaning Jesus is not the father.

2. John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Note the words "we" and "our" meaning is a pronoun of more than one person.

3. Psalms 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Hebrews 1:13
But to which of the angels said he at any times, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Note Jesus is sitting on the right hand of someone else "the father"

Acts 7:55
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Stephen saw Jesus sitting at God's right hand.

6. Jesus said the father is 'another'
John 5:32
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

7. The father is greater than Jesus

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

8. Jesus derived his authority from God the father.
John 5:27
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

9. At the end of everything Jesus would be made subject unto the father.

1 Corinthians 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Well try to sought this out with your fellow Trinitarians because a toddler among God's people already know this! smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:
1.John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

2. John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Note the words "we" and "our" meaning is a pronoun of more than one person.

3. Psalms 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

But to which of the angels said he at any times, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Note Jesus is sitting on the right hand of someone else "the father"

Acts 7:55
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Stephen saw Jesus sitting at God's right hand.

6. Jesus said the father is 'another'
John 5:32
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

7. The father is greater than Jesus

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

8. Jesus derived his authority from God the father.
John 5:27
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

9. At the end of everything Jesus would be made subject unto the father.

1 Corinthians 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

This is the Bible truth JWs have been teaching & explained to you on Nairaland.
grin grin
Although you had persistently been DECEIVING yourself prior to opening this thread (which the Screenshot confirms).

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by sonmvayina(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
Jesus is just a Roman creation to deceive the gullible...God is the universal consciousness....not a man or a jew.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
Janosky:

This is the Bible truth JWs have been teaching & explained to you on Nairaland.
grin grin
Although you had persistently been DECEIVING yourself prior to opening this thread (which the Screenshot confirms).
Go and find out about the trinity teaching of christianity. Come back and read again.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:
Go and find out about the trinity teaching of christianity. Come back and read again.

Bros, go ahead and contradict yourself & very this thread you opened.
But you can't change God's word the holy Scriptures you quote from .

Your viral load of Trinity deity GIBBERISH boku wella.
grin grin
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, go ahead and contradict this thread you opened.

Your viral load of Trinity deity GIBBERISH boku wella.
grin grin
ok
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
There you go again! embarassed

Instead of removing the veil completely you're still trying to keep the part of it behind.
Is it not the same madness called TRINITY that's making some to say Jesus and his father are the same person?

And come to think of it the word TRINITY does not appear anywhere in the Bible!

livingchrist:

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
sonmvayina:
Jesus is just a Roman creation to deceive the gullible...God is the universal consciousness....not a man or a jew.

Please can you explain more on this.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
@Janosky
@MaxInDHouse

Its obvious you didn't get the key element of what livingchrist stated in his topic. This has made you go into wrong conclusion.

His Topic
Is JESUS the same Person as the FATHER

he isn't questioning this
Is JESUS The same person as GOD

That little details is where you have been missing the point of the concept.

I have told you severally, that the moment one say Jesus, you are refering to a man born of a woman. This is God in the flesh, now exist as man.

This was clear in his writeup.

I guess the new age concept of explaining trinity flying all around has affected your own knowledge and patience of studying the concept. I have done a proper context of the concept for you earlier. Go reread.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
I have consistently repeated what trinity is but you seem not to pay attention.
Trinity is not a madness,
The claim that Jesus is the father is not trinity.
Trinity has always being the same.The bible teaches trinity.
The father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are all equally persons if not they wont have being mentioned together having one name.

MaxInDHouse:
There you go again! embarassed

Instead of removing the veil completely you're still trying to keep the part of it behind.
Is it not the same madness called TRINITY that's making some to say Jesus and his father are the same person?

And come to think of it the word TRINITY does not appear anywhere in the Bible!

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2021
When anybody comes into the Christian family he/she becomes a new creature by virtue of the line of thought shared by Christians globally. John 17:20-23
This is what promotes LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the family globally, Jehovah's Witnesses have all these in our midst that's the assurance each member has that God's Holy Spirit is working with us!
So we are OK according to Jesus himself who said "by their FRUITS (their attributes) you will recognize them" {Matthew 7:16-18} therefore you're free to pitch your tent with anybody around you our house stands undivided! John 4:24 smiley

hupernikao:

@Janosky
@MaxInDHouse
Its obvious you didn't get the key element of what livingchrist stated in his topic. This has made you go into wrong conclusion.
His Topic
I have told you severally, that the moment one say Jesus, you are refering to a man born of a woman. This is God in the flesh, now exist as man.
I guess the new age concept of explaining trinity flying all around has affected your own knowledge and patience of studying the concept. I have done a proper context of the concept for you earlier. Go reread.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04am On Jun 18, 2021
Try sought that out with your fellow Trinitarians, we know that Jehovah (the Father) and Jesus (angelic son) are not equal in any way and the Holy Spirit is not a person.
But it's OK since TRINITY taught you this i think it's the same TRINITY that will sent it's spirit to resolve all the contradictions and conflicts devastating the gathering of it's adherents! Luke 11:23 smiley

livingchrist:
I have consistently repeated what trinity is but you seem not to pay attention.
Trinity is not a madness,
The claim that Jesus is the father is not trinity.
Trinity has always being the same.The bible teaches trinity.
The father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are all equally persons if not they wont have being mentioned together having one name.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2021
hupernikao:
@Janosky
@MaxInDHouse

His Topic

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Try sought that out with your fellow Trinitarians, we know that Jehovah (the Father) and Jesus (angelic son) are not equal in any way and the Holy Spirit is not a person.
But it's OK since TRINITY taught you this i think it's the same TRINITY that will sent it's spirit to resolve all the contradictions and conflicts devastating the gathering of it's adherents! Luke 11:23 smiley

Are your eyes and your nose the same? Yet both are part of your body

Jesus and the father are one and part of the holy trinity with the holy spirit complete the trinity.
Angelic son? I laugh

God has never told any angel to sit on his right hand side

Hebrews 1:4
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Jesus is much better than the angels, note the article "the" which means Jesus is not an angel.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2021
I understand you that's why i said it's TRINITY that will do it's own part in uniting it's worshipers. We know to whom we belong and the whole world can SEE the attributes of true dedicated worshipers in us {Matthew 5:13-16) i believe you have your own reasons for worshiping the TRINITY even if it's not written anywhere in the Bible.

As for Hebrews 1:13 your understanding of the verse really matters but i'll tell you our own Interpretation of the verse.

In the beginning of his letter to the Hebrews Paul said:

God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds
KJV.

Then he made it clear that God is no more using any other medium to communicate with His people apart from His only begotten son (Jesus Christ) so in verse 13 Paul is warning them not to listen to any angel again because God never introduced any to them the same way He introduced Jesus {Matthew 3:17; 17:5} therefore they shouldn't think of praying to Him in the name of any angel except in the name of Jesus.
Jesus WAS an angel before God transformed him into an embryo in the womb of Mary. This is the only perfect model given to mankind.
Today most religionsts do pray using the name of angels that God never introduced to them {Act 4:12} and of course their prayers are answered so they believe God approves their worship despite Paul's warning! Matthew 7:21-23

So we understand what Paul is saying it does not invalidates the fact that Jesus is not a spirit sons of God (angel) smiley

livingchrist:
Are your eyes and your nose the same? Yet both are part of your body

Jesus and the father are one and part of the holy trinity with the holy spirit complete the trinity.
Angelic son? I laugh

God has never told any angel to sit on his right hand side

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Jesus is much better than the angels, note the article "the" which means Jesus is not an angel.

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by sonmvayina(m): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
hupernikao:

Please can you explain more on this.

Nobody knew anything about anybody by that name prior to the council of Nicea.
It was emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire that gathered all the religious leaders to Nicea. It was at that council after about 2 years of deliberations that the character was created as the new God of Christianity...
Eusebius was mandated to prepare a single documents from the manuscript provided by the leaders. Any body that did not believe was good as dead...

The rest is history.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I understand you that's why i said it's TRINITY that will do it's own part in uniting it's worshipers. We know to whom we belong and the whole world can SEE the attributes of true dedicated worshipers in us {Matthew 5:13-16) i believe you have your own reasons for worshiping the TRINITY even if it's not written anywhere in the Bible.

As for Hebrews 1:13 your understanding of the verse really matters but i'll tell you our own Interpretation of the verse.

In the beginning of his letter to the Hebrews Paul said:

God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds
KJV.

Then he made it clear that God is no more using any other medium to communicate with His people apart from His only begotten son (Jesus Christ) so in verse 13 Paul is warning them not to listen to any angel again because God never introduced any to them the same way He introduced Jesus {Matthew 3:17; 17:5} therefore they shouldn't think of praying to Him in the name of any angel except in the name of Jesus.
Jesus WAS an angel before God transformed him into an embryo in the womb of Mary. This is the only perfect model given to mankind.
Today most religionsts do pray using the name of angels that God never introduced to them {Act 4:12} and of course their prayers are answered so they believe God approves their worship despite Paul's warning! Matthew 7:21-23

So we understand what Paul is saying it does not invalidates the fact that Jesus is not a spirit sons of God (angel) smiley

maximus
This verse didnt say Jesus is better than other Angels but rather Jesus is better than the angels.
If Jesus was an angel, that verse would have said Jeeus was made better than other angels.
Secondly, hebrews also said God made the worlds through Jesus,
We all know God made the world alone by himself and none with him.

Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
maximus
This verse didnt say Jesus is better than other Angels but rather Jesus is better than the angels.
If Jesus was an angel, that verse would have said Jeeus was made better than other angels.

He gained a higher position because of what he came to do on planet earth. His brothers (angels) will not take shit from humans talkless allowing imperfect humans to treat them like a slave. Remember Zachariah lost his ability to speak simply because he doubted what Gabriel told him {Luke 1:18-21} they will not even feel comfortable when a woman is taking the lead to worship in the name of their brother: Jesus! 1Corinthians 11:10
So for an angel who is the Commader of armies in heaven to come and face all those ill-treatment from lower creatures like imperfect humans, Jesus worth a higher position after the assignment! Matthew 28:18

Secondly, hebrews also said God made the worlds through Jesus,
We all know God made the world alone by himself and none with him.
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Of course Jesus was with God during creation {John 1:1 compare to Proverbs 8:22-31} and during that time when he couldn't continue with the assignment of making physical things God began Instructing Jesus on what to do {Genesis 1:2} and after each work is done God Himself will inspect it to be sure Jesus got it correctly! Genesis 1:3-5

So when God said He created all things alone it doesn't mean He was alone but all the ideas came from Him while His only begotten son was working with Him! Proverbs 8:30
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He gained a higher position because of what he came to do on planet earth. His brothers (angels) will not take shit from humans talkless allowing imperfect humans to treat them like a slave. Remember Zachariah lost his ability to speak simply because he doubted what Gabriel told him {Luke 1:18-21} they will not even feel comfortable when a woman is taking the lead to worship in the name of their brother: Jesus! 1Corinthians 11:10
So for an angel who is the Commader of armies in heaven to come and face all those ill-treatment from lower creatures like imperfect humans, Jesus worth a higher position after the assignment! Matthew 28:18
Angels are never called Jesus' brothers rather it is men that are Jesus brothers no6 Angels.

Note it was not Angels Jesus sanctified but humans, the ones he sanctified are his brothers.

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

It is humans that are Jesus people not angels.

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Angels are ministers or servants to serve Christians in fact in the new heaven and new earth humans shall be higher than angels.

Of course Jesus was with God during creation {John 1:1 compare to Proverbs 8:22-31} and during that time when he couldn't continue with the assignment of making physical things God began Instructing Jesus on what to do {Genesis 1:2} and after each work is done God Himself will inspect it to be sure Jesus got it correctly! Genesis 1:3-5

So when God said He created all things alone it doesn't mean He was alone but all the ideas came from Him while His only begotten son was working with Him! Proverbs 8:30
How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone,

Note the word 'stretch and spread' It means actual action not ideas. It means God is the one that carried the action by himself and alone.

You see that the kjv rendition of John 1vv1 is true that Jesus who was with God was also God himself [ part of the trinity]

God himself is three persons in one being, so Jesus was with God is actually God was with himself and no other external being apart from Jehovah.
Jesus christ therefore is actually one of the persons of Jehovah.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:

Angels are never called Jesus' brothers rather it is men that are Jesus brothers no6 Angels.
Note it was not Angels Jesus sanctified but humans, the ones he sanctified are his brothers.
Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
It is humans that are Jesus people not angels.
Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Angels are ministers or servants to serve Christians in fact in the new heaven and new earth humans shall be higher than angels.
You have your understanding just as i've got mine, Jesus is God's son and angels are also God's sons therefore Jesus is one of them (their brother) smiley

How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone,
Note the word 'stretch and spread' It means actual action not ideas. It means God is the one that carried the action by himself and alone.
You see that the kjv rendition of John 1vv1 is true that Jesus who was with God was also God himself [ part of the trinity]
God himself is three persons in one being, so Jesus was with God is actually God was with himself and no other external being apart from Jehovah.
Jesus christ therefore is actually one of the persons of Jehovah.
A businessman who claims he built a business empire all alone doesn't mean there was no labourers.
You're still banking on TRINITY that's why this sounds somehow to you! smiley

Someone typed this please can you explain exactly what he mean by the below comment? smiley

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You have your understanding just as i've got mine, Jesus is God's son and angels are also God's sons therefore Jesus is one of them (their brother) smiley
Adam was also a son of God does that make Adam a brother with angels?
How can Jesus be an angel when he is greater than the angels?

A businessman who claims he built a business empire all alone doesn't mean there was no labourers.
You're still banking on TRINITY that's why this sounds somehow to you! smiley
Then it means it was not the labourers that build the business empire on the other hand Jehovah said he stretched heavens and spread the earth by himself and alone meaning he literally carried the action by himself unlike an employer that employ labourers.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 12:18am On Jun 19, 2021
sonmvayina:

Nobody knew anything about anybody by that name prior to the council of Nicea.
It was emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire that gathered all the religious leaders to Nicea. It was at that council after about 2 years of deliberations that the character was created as the new God of Christianity...
Eusebius was mandated to prepare a single documents from the manuscript provided by the leaders. Any body that did not believe was good as dead...

The rest is history.

Did you check your history knowledge about it well?

I will give you a background, but try to read on this well.

1. Council of Nicea held in 325AD
2. It was a council of the Christian Church called by Constantine. That means the follower of Christ already existed.
3. It was to solve the problem created in the Eastern church by Arianism (doctrine). This means the doctrine of Christ was already in existence.

Ref: https://www.britannica.com/event/First-Council-of-Nicaea-325

Now note
I will give you 3 references on Rome historical timeline that put your claim as false.

1. Pope Stephen, Catholic Pope
Roman Catholic Pope (Pope Stephen I, 254–257) was referenced in a 3rd century contemporary writing (not the bible). Observe his time as Pope, 254AD, Nicea Council was 325. That was almost 100 years before the Constantine Council.
Ref: "Eng. Hist. Rev.", Jan., 1910, 111 sq.

That means, Christianity was already in Rome 100 years before the Council. Check your facts.

2. Nero Claudius Caesar, Roman Emperor
He was the fifth Roman emperor (54–68 ce), this is 300 years before the Council of Nicea.

He was known to persecute Christian Faith. Or at least, it was never disputed that Christianity existed during Nero reign. All literature pointing to Nero hard rule gave evidence of that.

3. Publius Cornelius Tacitus, (not a Christian) A Roman Senator, Historian and Politician.
Tacitus is widely regarded as one of the greatest Roman historians by modern scholars.

In his writing (Annals), he mentioned of the persecution of Christian Faith during Nero's days. Tacitus died 120 AD. That is over 200 years before Constantine

Let me give you an extract from his writings.

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus,

Above, He mentioned Christians and mentioned the Christus, of cause a reference to Christ Jesus, considering he accurately mentioned that:
... suffered the extreme penalty...at the hands of...Pontius Pilatus. That has a corroboration from the Bible itself, the King Pontius Pilate (but this is not our focus here).

I will leave you will room to go and do further studies on what you are saying to help you understand properly.

This means, historically and based on available contemporary document, the claim you put above is absolutely false.

Why?
We have existing materials that spoke about Christian Faith even 300 years before the Council of Nicea or before Constantine was ever born.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18am On Jun 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Adam was also a son of God does that make Adam a brother with angels?
How can Jesus be an angel when he is greater than the angels?

Adam is God's first son on planet earth while angels like Jesus and others were God's sons in the spirit realms (heaven)

Angels are the greatest creatures closest to God, there is no other personality anywhere higher than the angels both in heaven and on earth apart from Jehovah God Himself.
So Jesus was at no time greater than angels until he completed his earthly assignment that he was given the authority above his brothers (angels) Matthew 28:18

Then it means it was not the labourers that build the business empire on the other hand Jehovah said he stretched heavens and spread the earth by himself and alone meaning he literally carried the action by himself unlike an employer that employ labourers.
Everything was His idea that's the import of what you're reading, as for labourers there were many many angels that participated in the creation work.
For example, who is responsible for all the things humans are enjoying on this planet: houses, cars, aeroplane, fast train, submarine and so many other discoveries today?
Well i know you'll shy away from the answer but i'll tell you it's God not human because he created humans in His own image meaning humans were created with the ability to make things better and make better things.
Guy the sole maker of all things is Jehovah God but there are many partakers in His work as He is the ONE issuing the instructions on how things supposed to be!
Of course an atheist will argue that mankind is responsible for electricity, but who created flying creatures (birds) with legs that electricity can't affect?
Do you know how many thousands of years Jehovah has created the birds before man discover electricity?
Well if you don't know He is the one doing all the good things you and i are enjoying today He only employs others to partake in His works so that we can be joyful! Proverbs 8:30 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 12:24am On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
When anybody comes into the Christian family he/she becomes a new creature by virtue of the line of thought shared by Christians globally. John 17:20-23
This is what promotes LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the family globally, Jehovah's Witnesses have all these in our midst that's the assurance each member has that God's Holy Spirit is working with us!
So we are OK according to Jesus himself who said "by their FRUITS (their attributes) you will recognize them" {Matthew 7:16-18} therefore you're free to pitch your tent with anybody around you our house stands undivided! John 4:24 smiley

Pitch tent ke? Doctrine is what we are looking at, no bias here. Scriptures is the authority.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by oluwaahmed: 3:22am On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Adam is God's first son on planet earth while angels like Jesus and others were God's sons in the spirit realms (heaven)

Angels are the greatest creatures closest to God, there is no other personality anywhere higher than the angels both in heaven and on earth apart from Jehovah God Himself.
So Jesus was at no time greater than angels until he completed his earthly assignment that he was given the authority above his brothers (angels) Matthew 28:18

Everything was His idea that's the import of what you're reading, as for labourers there were many many angels that participated in the creation work.
For example, who is responsible for all the things humans are enjoying on this planet: houses, cars, aeroplane, fast train, submarine and so many other discoveries today?
Well i know you'll shy away from the answer but i'll tell you it's God not human because he created humans in His own image meaning humans were created with the ability to make things better and make better things.
Guy the sole maker of all things is Jehovah God but there are many partakers in His work as He is the ONE issuing the instructions on how things supposed to be!
Of course an atheist will argue that mankind is responsible for electricity, but who created flying creatures (birds) with legs that electricity can't affect?
Do you know how many thousands of years Jehovah has created the birds before man discover electricity?
Well if you don't know He is the one doing all the good things you and i are enjoying today He only employs others to partake in His works so that we can be joyful! Proverbs 8:30 smiley

Hi bro. When it comes to trinity doctrine, only the father can remove the scales of the eyes of the trinitarian. However pls explain 1john1 which says in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. Cos this is the basis on trinity doctrine.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2021
The bolded is what terrorists do say before picking up weapons to kill their fellowman due to religious reasons.
So whenever you read anything in any book be it religious or nonreligious what matters first is how applicable it is in the human society? Once it's not applicable or practicable anywhere then know that you're getting it all wrong! smiley
You might have completed reading a textbook from cover to cover and start arguing on subject matters seriously but if what you're saying is unproductive then your learning is useless, pointless and worthless.
People study for benefits so present a group of people in which gathering what you're saying works {James 2:18-24} this is what will serve as evidence that you got things right! 2Timothy 3:7
Otherwise all your arguments on God's word is actually tantamount to debunking the existence of a reasonable benefitial being called "God" 2Timothy 3:5

hupernikao:

Pitch tent ke? Doctrine is what we are looking at, no bias here. Scriptures is the authority.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49am On Jun 19, 2021
Good morning Abdulahmed, it's been a long time my friend. smiley

Your quote is in John 1:1 not 1John 1

In the beginning God first created one spirit creature, the Bible never disclose how long it was before God began Instructing this first born creature on what to do but according to the Bible both the Father (Almighty God) and His son (first created spirit) spent a very long period of time before the creation of all other things. Proverbs 8:22-29
So when God decided to start creating more lives He used His first son like a trained expert working with Him! John 1:1 compare to Proverbs 8:30
You'll notice that the Bible book of Genesis first mentioned that God created the heavens and the earth {Genesis 1:1} but while the heavens were perfect the earth wasn't in good shape {Genesis 1:2} this is because the master craftman God is using is also a spirit being so when working on the spirit realms he got everything easily but this time around he seems not to get what his father really wanted for him so God began Instructing this craftman on each step to take while creating physical things {Genesis 1:3} and God Himself started inspecting each segment of the creative works before moving to the next stage! Genesis 1:4-5

You'll also notice that after anything is done and perfected God will name it Himself but after the earth has been completed God instructed the craftman to create just one intelligent creature in their own likeness (this creature will continue the remaining works to be done on planet earth so he must be as productive as the first creature but not with the ability to create living things) so God has two firstborn sons: the first a spirit being and the second a man. Luke 3:38

The first human son of God was empowered with the wisdom to name all the creatures around him! Genesis 2:19
So while God's first spirit son was given the ability to create living things {Colossians 1:15-16} God's first human son was imparted with the wisdom to name them and power to continue developing the earth into whatever design he so pleases {Genesis 2:15} only one thing God never gave any of His sons the authority to rule (set standards) over His earthly intelligent creatures! Genesis 2:17

We later come to know God's two firstborn sons as Adam and Jesus! 1Corinthians 15:45

Any person having supernatural powers God Himself declared "God" in the midst of humans, that's where most Bible readers got it wrong!
For instance, God declared Moses "a God" in the land of Egypt {Exodus 7:1} so when Apostle John referred to Jesus as "a God" {John 1:1} we need not mix things up because the writer goes further to say "the word was with God" indicating that the word declared "a God" has a person superior to him! John 14:28

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

oluwaahmed:

Hi bro. When it comes to trinity doctrine, only the father can remove the scales of the eyes of the trinitarian. However pls explain 1john1 which says in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. Cos this is the basis on trinity doctrine.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by oluwaahmed: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Good morning Abdulahmed, it's been a long time my friend. smiley

Your quote is in John 1:1 not 1John 1

In the beginning God first created one spirit creature, the Bible never disclose how long it was before God began Instructing this first born creature on what to do but according to the Bible both the Father (Almighty God) and His son (first created spirit) spent a very long period of time before the creation of all other things. Proverbs 8:22-29
So when God decided to start creating more lives He used His first son like a trained expert working with Him! John 1:1 compare to Proverbs 8:30
You'll notice that the Bible book of Genesis first mentioned that God created the heavens and the earth {Genesis 1:1} but while the heavens were perfect the earth wasn't in good shape {Genesis 1:2} this is because the master craftman God is using is also a spirit being so when working on the spirit realms he got everything easily but this time around he seems not to get what his father really wanted for him so God began Instructing this craftman on each step to take while creating physical things {Genesis 1:3} and God Himself started inspecting each segment of the creative works before moving to the next stage! Genesis 1:4-5

You'll also notice that after anything is done and perfected God will name it Himself but after the earth has been completed God instructed the craftman to create just one intelligent creature in their own likeness (this creature will continue the remaining works to be done on planet earth so he must be as productive as the first creature but not with the ability to create living things) so God has two firstborn sons: the first a spirit being and the second a man. Luke 3:38

The first human son of God was empowered with the wisdom to name all the creatures around him! Genesis 2:19
So while God's first spirit son was given the ability to create living things {Colossians 1:15-16} God's first human son was imparted with the wisdom to name them and power to continue developing the earth into whatever design he so pleases {Genesis 2:15} only one thing God never gave any of His sons the authority to rule (set standards) over His earthly intelligent creatures! Genesis 2:17

We later come to know God's two firstborn sons as Adam and Jesus! 1Corinthians 15:45

Any person having supernatural powers God Himself declared "God" in the midst of humans, that's where most Bible readers got it wrong!
For instance, God declared Moses "a God" in the land of Egypt {Exodus 7:1} so when Apostle John referred to Jesus as "a God" {John 1:1} we need not mix things up because the writer goes further to say "the word was with God" indicating that the word declared "a God" has a person superior to him! John 14:28

Thanks bro, very insightful. Will do more research on it.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2021
You're welcome my friend, please contact JWs in your neighbourhood that's the source of my understanding.
Their God is the true God that's dispensing timely spiritual nourishment in this endtime that there is an ongoing spiritual famine! Amos 8:11

oluwaahmed:

Thanks bro, very insightful. Will do more research on it.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by oluwaahmed: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're welcome my friend, please contact JWs in your neighbourhood that's the source of my understanding.
Their God is the true God that's dispensing timely spiritual nourishment in this endtime that there is an ongoing spiritual famine! Amos 8:11

I have jwit friends i used to relate with before I changed location. One was explained why the concept of hell isn't really real before stuvs came and he had to go. No vex but can u shed light on why you guys don't believe in he'll even though Jesus talked about the place
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
There are so many reasons why i personally don't believe in a place of torment after death.

Before i met Jehovah's Witnesses i was a Muslim and the doctrine is the most stupid in everything religionsts do say about God. If you ask any religionst questions about Hell they'll just say "that's how God planned it from the beginning" and i began wondering why must such a cruel kind of punishment come from a loving God? undecided
Note that Hellfire apologists always say that you will be casted into Hell not just because you are evil but simply because you refused to agree with their religion!
So Christians (Churchgoers) always threaten their audience with Hellfire but the worst is in Islam because Muslims aren't even sure of what Allah will do to them, they're taught that Allah is unpredictable so nobody knows the what exactly he will do to you whether you chose to be good or not! embarassed

All these continue to linger in my minds and i just can't figure out why God allowed me to be alive in the first place. But all these disappeared when i came in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses it was as if God sat in a place and after seeing the condition of my heart and how heavy all these loads of rubbish is as a huge burden He sent these people to relieve me of all the stupid religious teachings! Matthew 11:28-31

I asked them about the concept of Hellfire and i was so glad when the young lady said "open your Bible to Genesis chapter 2 and verse17" at first i didn't get the message but after she asked me "how many options did God give Adam?" i said "two! Adam will continue living if he remain obedient but return to dust if he disobey" Then this lady now asked me "so where is the option of Hellfire where Adam will NOT DIE but continue to suffer in a place of consciousness?" then i was lost in thought! Next she showed me what is written in the Bible book of Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 where God's word openly said "the living know about death but the dead knows nothing and that there is not feelings after death"
I then asked her where the idea of living after death came from? Then she asked me to read again Genesis 3:1-5 my brother tears of joy ran through my cheek when i now realize that it's Satan's that's teaching people that they will continue living after death but what God said is it's either we live or return to non-existence!

Now let's talk about Jesus of Nazareth!
This is a teacher that often teach so many things in PARABLES {Matthew 13:13 compare to Isaiah 6:9-10} that's why the churches can't establish the idea of people going to a place of torment in any part of the Old Testament, they only stick to the New Testament on this issue but before Jesus' arrival Daniel the prophet has foretold that wicked religionsts will not understand God's word during the endtime while those God gave the wisdom will understand! Daniel 12:10
Doesn't it baffle you that it's only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES who do not believe in a place of torment after death that's having all the fine qualities of God's Holy Spirit permeating their Organization? Galatians 5:22-23
Where is the LOVE, JOY and PEACE of God found, if not only in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES? Others will kill their fellowman at a go once greedy politicians brainwash them, you'll see Muslims killing Muslims and so called Christians killing one another in the face of Racism and Politics, as for JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES it not only that they're the most peaceful and peaceloving group but they have learnt to resolve all issues amicably within themselves so they don't raise weapons against anyone neither do they learn war anymore! Micah 4:1-3

So i can go on and on and on disproving the doctrine of Hellfire. You can join our group in one of my threads here on Nairaland titled "STUDY THE BIBLE WITH JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" please ask any question that comes to your mind JWs from different places are ready to chat with you there!
Once again you're welcome, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

oluwaahmed:

I have jwit friends i used to relate with before I changed location. One was explained why the concept of hell isn't really real before stuvs came and he had to go. No vex but can u shed light on why you guys don't believe in he'll even though Jesus talked about the place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Usual Suspects(nuclearboy,deepsight,noetic,madmax And Co.) On Suffering. / Is Dejavu The Evidence Of A Parallel Universe? / God Uses Sign Fireman To End A Woman's 14 Years Barrenness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.