Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? (2965 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The bolded is what terrorists do say before picking up weapons to kill their fellowman due to religious reasons.
So whenever you read anything in any book be it religious or nonreligious what matters first is how applicable it is in the human society? Once it's not applicable or practicable anywhere then know that you're getting it all wrong! smiley
You might have completed reading a textbook from cover to cover and start arguing on subject matters seriously but if what you're saying is unproductive then your learning is useless, pointless and worthless.
People study for benefits so present a group of people in which gathering what you're saying works {James 2:18-24} this is what will serve as evidence that you got things right! 2Timothy 3:7
Otherwise all your arguments on God's word is actually tantamount to debunking the existence of a reasonable benefitial being called "God" 2Timothy 3:5

Bro, keep your focus. You are straying from your argument. The OP is very clear. Try learn this and have peace of mind. Lol.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
It is not about arguementor what atheist say but what God said are arguing with Jehovah or you know better than him?
You calling Jehovah a liar by saying he didnt create the heaven and earth alone.

Angels, are powerful no doubt but angels are servants by nature. They are ministers of God, send forth to minister for the children of God.

Jesus on the other hand is not a servant meaning he is not an angel, he only took the form of a servant to work salvation for man.
MaxInDHouse:

Adam is God's first son on planet earth while angels like Jesus and others were God's sons in the spirit realms (heaven)

Angels are the greatest creatures closest to God, there is no other personality anywhere higher than the angels both in heaven and on earth apart from Jehovah God Himself.
So Jesus was at no time greater than angels until he completed his earthly assignment that he was given the authority above his brothers (angels) Matthew 28:18

Everything was His idea that's the import of what you're reading, as for labourers there were many many angels that participated in the creation work.
For example, who is responsible for all the things humans are enjoying on this planet: houses, cars, aeroplane, fast train, submarine and so many other discoveries today?
Well i know you'll shy away from the answer but i'll tell you it's God not human because he created humans in His own image meaning humans were created with the ability to make things better and make better things.
Guy the sole maker of all things is Jehovah God but there are many partakers in His work as He is the ONE issuing the instructions on how things supposed to be!
Of course an atheist will argue that mankind is responsible for electricity, but who created flying creatures (birds) with legs that electricity can't affect?
Do you know how many thousands of years Jehovah has created the birds before man discover electricity?
Well if you don't know He is the one doing all the good things you and i are enjoying today He only employs others to partake in His works so that we can be joyful! Proverbs 8:30 smiley
man did not create electricity they only discovered it, you are way off.

If a man employs labourers to do a job then it does mean that he didnt do it by himself.

@bolded are you saying God glorified Jesus with the glory he didnt initially have?

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This verse reveals that the glory Jesus received was the glory he had before, meaning he was originally greater than angels.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Focus is who receives worship between Jesus and God? Is there a difference between these two or they're the same person?

It will continue to escalate into fruitless arguments just as the churches have been doing for the past two thousand years!

So to avoid all that unnecessary waste of time why not go straight and ask which God is working out what is profitable in the midst of his worshipers?
Can we assess the true God through what is happening in the midst of his worshipers?

I think Jesus emphasized on this when he said "by their FRUITS (what is happening in their midst) everyone will recognize those having the true God with them" Matthew 7:16-18

That's what i'm saying! smiley

hupernikao:

Bro, keep your focus. You are straying from your argument. The OP is very clear. Try learn this and have peace of mind. Lol.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
livingchrist:
It is not about arguementor what atheist say but what God said are arguing with Jehovah or you know better than him?
You calling Jehovah a liar by saying he didnt create the heaven and earth alone.

Angels, are powerful no doubt but angels are servants by nature. They are ministers of God, send forth to minister for the children of God.

Jesus on the other hand is not a servant meaning he is not an angel, he only took the form of a servant to work salvation for man.
man did not create electricity they only discovered it, you are way off.

If a man employs labourers to do a job then it does mean that he didnt do it by himself.

@bolded are you saying God glorified Jesus with the glory he didnt initially have?

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This verse reveals that the glory Jesus received was the glory he had before, meaning he was originally greater than angels.

All angels are glorified heavenly beings so Jesus is no difference! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
hupernikao:
@Janosky
@MaxInDHouse

Its obvious you didn't get the key element of what livingchrist stated in his topic. This has made you go into wrong conclusion.

His Topic
Is JESUS the same Person as the FATHER

he isn't questioning this
Is JESUS The same person as GOD

That little details is where you have been missing the point of the concept.

I have told you severally, that the moment one say Jesus, you are refering to a man born of a woman. This is God in the flesh, now exist as man.

This was clear in his writeup.

I guess the new age concept of explaining trinity flying all around has affected your own knowledge and patience of studying the concept. I have done a proper context of the concept for you earlier. Go reread.

Long time no see/hear.
I think on this issue neither party is wrong.
Which brings us back to the issue of biblical contradictions yet again.

-The Trinitarian is not wrong as some bible verses confirm this. John 5:7 and 1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 9:6

-Also the one who separates God the Father from Jesus Chist is neither wrong. As supporting verses abound even more in the bible.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
You're very funny you know! cheesy

Just imagine science students from Nigeria arguing profusely and challenging science students from China and someone comes up to say "There is lots of contradictions in the subject matter" cheesy
Even a fool knows that there's no need counting on their fruitless arguments because the Nigerian will speak grammar and terms to continue arguing but ask them to come and perform that's when the grammarian will hide his face in shame as the Chinese keeps producing all the things expected of a true scientist! Matthew 7:16-18

So continue deceiving yourself! smiley

Myer:

Long time no see/hear.
I think on this issue neither party is wrong.
Which brings us back to the issue of biblical contradictions yet again.
-The Trinitarian is not wrong as some bible verses confirm this. John 5:7 and 1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 9:6
-Also the one who separates God the Father from Jesus Chist is neither wrong. As supporting verses abound even more in the bible.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 11:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're very funny you know! cheesy

Just imagine science students from Nigeria arguing profusely and challenging science students from China and someone comes up to say "There is lots of contradictions in the subject matter" cheesy
Even a fool knows that there's no need counting on their fruitless arguments because the Nigerian will speak grammar and terms to continue arguing but ask them to come and perform that's when the grammarian will hide his face in shame as the Chinese keeps producing all the things expected of a true scientist! Matthew 7:16-18

So continue deceiving yourself! smiley

What you call deception is scriptural verses.

On that premise, do share your honest explanation of the verses below, emphasis on the bolded;

1. Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2. John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3.1 John 5:7 (I believe this was omitted from JW bible)
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, kthe Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

4. 1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Myer:

What you call deception is scriptural verses.

Satan immediately went into action after Jesus' departure and Jesus told us what will be the result of this evil genius move! Matthew 13:24-25

So instead of contemplating on the verses that wasn't written in English, why not be on the lookout for where it is working out as expected? If it's not yielding positive results then you should know that that's not what God inspired the writer to pen down. It has been adulterated. Haba you are educated nah, don't you know what will happen when a medicine has been adulterated? Do you think it will work as expected?
And when you finally see where it's working out fine is that the time to start arguing over it's ingredients? Matthew 7:16-18 compare to James 2:18-26 smiley

On that premise, do share your honest explanation of the verses below, emphasis on the bolded;

1. Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2. John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3.1 John 5:7 (I believe this was omitted from JW bible)
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, kthe Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

4. 1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

@ Isaiah 9:6 Mighty God means Jesus will serve as a God in the land of Israel just as Moses did in Egypt! Exodus 7:1
Moses foretold that God will raise a prophet like himself in the midst of Israelites and it happened exactly so because Jesus served as both God and Prophet! Deuteronomy 18:15-18 compare to Act 3:22

Everlasting Father means Jesus is the perfect replacement of Adam our father who is no more! 1Corinthians 15:45

The rest of the quotations has been tampered with by Interpreters that why it's not working out anything benefitial in the midst of those adhering to it!

For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

If it's the accurate Interpretation of God's word that everyone is reading surely it will yield positivity just as people are seeing it globally in the gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses! James 2:18-26 compare to Matthew 7:16-18
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 12:05am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Satan immediately went into action after Jesus' departure and Jesus told us what will be the result of this evil genius move! Matthew 13:24-25

So instead of contemplating on the verses that wasn't written in English, why not be on the lookout for where it is working out as expected? If it's not yielding positive results then you should know that that's not what God inspired the writer to pen down. It has been adulterated. Haba you are educated nah, don't you know what will happen when a medicine has been adulterated? Do you think it will work as expected?
And when you finally see where it's working out fine is that the time to start arguing over it's ingredients? Matthew 7:16-18 compare to James 2:18-26 smiley

@ Isaiah 9:6 Mighty God means Jesus will serve as a God in the land of Israel just as Moses did in Egypt! Exodus 7:1
Moses foretold that God will raise a prophet like himself in the midst of Israelites and it happened exactly so because Jesus served as both God and Prophet! Deuteronomy 18:15-18 compare to Act 3:22

Everlasting Father means Jesus is the perfect replacement of Adam our father who is no more! 1Corinthians 15:45

The rest of the quotations has been tampered with by Interpreters that why it's not working out anything benefitial in the midst of those adhering to it!

For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

If it's the accurate Interpretation of God's word that everyone is reading surely it will yield positivity just as people are seeing it globally in the gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses! James 2:18-26 compare to Matthew 7:16-18

If you say the old versions of the bible I quoted were adulterated does that not make your own newer JW version even more adulterated?

Any way, my intention was not for you to agree but simply to point you to why not everyone shares the same interpretation of the bible which you have simply confirmed.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Focus is who receives worship between Jesus and God? Is there a difference between these two or they're the same person?

It will continue to escalate into fruitless arguments just as the churches have been doing for the past two thousand years!

So to avoid all that unnecessary waste of time why not go straight and ask which God is working out what is profitable in the midst of his worshipers?
Can we assess the true God through what is happening in the midst of his worshipers?

I think Jesus emphasized on this when he said "by their FRUITS (what is happening in their midst) everyone will recognize those having the true God with them" Matthew 7:16-18

That's what i'm saying! smiley

By your own understanding, what does it mean when the bible says Jesus is the Son of God?
Can you explain what that means?
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48am On Jun 20, 2021
Myer:

If you say the old versions of the bible I quoted were adulterated does that not make your own newer JW version even more adulterated?
I believe you're an adult so you should know what to expect from adulteration.
God's word said in the last days majority will not understand God's word only few will for some reasons {Daniel 12:10} Those who got it right will use God's word to resolve all the racial disputes and prejudice causing wars in the midst of all other peoples {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} Jesus said people will IDENTIFY his true followers by the love binding them together {John 13:34-35} Throughout the world this group will be known as actively evangelizers {Act 1:8} Paul said God's Holy Spirit will work out all it's qualities in their gathering {Galatians 5:22-23} and all these is happening in the midst of one single group!
What else do you expect God to do for you to be sure this people have gotten the correct Interpretation of God's word? smiley

Any way, my intention was not for you to agree but simply to point you to why not everyone shares the same interpretation of the bible which you have simply confirmed.
No you're wrong! Satan is the reason why their are so many groups with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines, he is the one causing confusion {Revelations 12:9} so he is the evil genius behind all the Interpretations that's not making religionsts work as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers but after Jesus began ruling in 1914 God's people has been released from that spiritual captivity that's why Jehovah's Witnesses are standing out as different from them all {Matthew 5:13-16} and Jesus has helped them to get the correct Interpretation of God's word so that it's yielding the positive result expected in their group! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00am On Jun 20, 2021
If you have a house full of tenants but they're spoiling things in your house what do you think is the best thing to do before eviction?

Well God gave them His rules on how to live and keep His house in other (Commandments) but because the Commandments seems difficult for them to grasp so He sent His son who lives with Him in His own abode to come and live with this tenants at least for them to learn how the Landlord wants people to take good care of His house, He (God) now told His son to warn them that whoever refuse to trust (beleive) in the counseling given by His son will later be evicted! John 3:16

I don't see anything difficult in this simple illustration though i was a Muslim but this is what makes the best sense to me and the reason why i quit Islam to become one of true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) smiley

Myer:

By your own understanding, what does it mean when the bible says Jesus is the Son of God?
Can you explain what that means?
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 6:27am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If you have a house full of tenants but they're spoiling things in your house what do you think is the best thing to do before eviction?

Well God gave them His rules on how to live and keep His house in other (Commandments) but because the Commandments seems difficult for them to grasp so He sent His son who lives with Him in His own abode to come and live with this tenants at least for them to learn how the Landlord wants people to take good care of His house, He (God) now told His son to warn them that whoever refuse to trust (beleive) in the counseling given by His son will later be evicted! John 3:16

I don't see anything difficult in this simple illustration though i was a Muslim but this is what makes the best sense to me and the reason why i quit Islam to become one of true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) smiley

By your explanation Jesus is the literal son of God., Meaning that God just like a human being must have a wife in heaven. They had sex and gave birth to Jesus. Right?

If Jesus is the literal son of God then who is God's wife in heaven?
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Jesus is God Almighty

MaxInDHouse:

All angels are glorified heavenly beings so Jesus is no difference! smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2021
John the baptist and Jesus of Nazareth also called the Pharisees "sons of the Serpent"
So who was Satan's wife? cheesy

Myer:

By your explanation Jesus is the literal son of God., Meaning that God just like a human being must have a wife in heaven. They had sex and gave birth to Jesus. Right?

If Jesus is the literal son of God then who is God's wife in heaven?
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50am On Jun 20, 2021
livingchrist:
Jesus is God Almighty

In this verse Jesus said he is not alone but he and his father are together.
Meaning Jesus is not the father.

There you go! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
John the baptist and Jesus of Nazareth also called the Pharisees "sons of the Serpent"
So who was Satan's wife? cheesy

I believe you get the point by now.

Jesus being the Son of God only applies to earthy connotation.
As we see from the his birth, Jesus was conceived by God (the Holyspirit) producing himself on earth through a human vessel Mary.

Luke 1:34-35
And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.

This is what it means that Jesus is the Son of God.

We know according to Jesus' teachings that there is nothing like husband or wife in heaven so God having a literal son in heaven would contradict that.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2021
Myer:

I believe you get the point by now.
Jesus being the Son of God only applies to earthy connotation.
As we see from the his birth, Jesus was conceived by God (the Holyspirit) producing himself on earth through a human vessel Mary.
Luke 1:34-35
And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
This is what it means that Jesus is the Son of God.
We know according to Jesus' teachings that there is nothing like husband or wife in heaven so God having a literal son in heaven would contradict that.

Well that's the level of your own understanding. According to the Bible God has many sons (angels) in heaven {Job 38:7} and Jesus is just one of them which God transformed into an embryo in the womb of Mary, that's the simple explanation.
No wonder he always talk about his home and his father's house (heaven) John 14:1-4 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well that's the level of your own understanding. According to the Bible God has many sons (angels) in heaven {Job 38:7} and Jesus is just one of them which God transformed into an embryo in the womb of Mary, that's the simple explanation.
No wonder he always talk about his home and his father's house (heaven) John 14:1-4 smiley

Well on that we agree.
The bible is revealed according to our levels of understanding and interpretation.
Read Hebrews 1.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2021
This is the perfect understanding of the concept! smiley

When i was a Muslim i used to read the Bible but do you know my intention back then?
Well it was to find contradicting verses so i can have something say when arguing with the Christians, then i came into a verse that put me in a tight spot: Matthew 26:52 here Jesus condemned the use of weapons which means if everyone truly believe in Jesus there will be no more wars!
So i began searching for the group that's keeping this verse, do you notice that i've advanced from just reading to find contradicting verses to another stage?
Then i discovered that there are so much contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines even in the midst of those claiming Christians but i never allowed that to stop me from progressing, i believe i'll find Jesus' true followers who are keeping this verse one day.
Moreover i was a soldier and i know the evil consequences of wars in the human society so i'm not ready to let go until i found Jesus' true followers who are lovers of peace!
Today i'm no more a weapon carrier and i'm also teaching others to think of other ways to resolve issues amicably without the use of weapons!
That's what i meant by level of understanding, you too can make progress instead of arguing always about the seeming contradictions caused by trinitarian translaors! smiley

Myer:

Well on that we agree.
The bible is revealed according to our levels of understanding and interpretation.
Read Hebrews 1.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This is the perfect understanding of the concept! smiley

When i was a Muslim i used to read the Bible but do you know my intention back then?
Well it was to find contradicting verses so i can have something say when arguing with the Christians, then i came into a verse that put me in a tight spot: Matthew 26:52 here Jesus condemned the use of weapons which means if everyone truly believe in Jesus there will be no more wars!
So i began searching for the group that's keeping this verse, do you notice that i've advanced from just reading to find contradicting verses to another stage?
Then i discovered that there are so much contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines even in the midst of those claiming Christians but i never allowed that to stop me from progressing, i believe i'll find Jesus' true followers who are keeping this verse one day.
Moreover i was a soldier and i know the evil consequences of wars in the human society so i'm not ready to let go until i found Jesus' true followers who are lovers of peace!
Today i'm no more a weapon carrier and i'm also teaching others to think of other ways to resolve issues amicably without the use of weapons!
That's what i meant by level of understanding, you too can make progress instead of arguing always about the seeming contradictions caused by trinitarian translaors! smiley

That's a powerful testimony. And I'm glad to hear that.

I hope to some day stop seeing the contradictions.
Cos it makes it difficult to hold a conviction of the teachings of the bible.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2021
It's not easy when you don't want to believe that there is an evil genius somewhere that is confusing the readers of the book {2Corinthians 4:4} and that the Almighty Author (God) is using His active force (Holy Spirit) to direct His own people into finding the correct Interpretation of His word {John 14:26, 16:12-13} which undeniable evidence is clear as a global family of peace loving worshipers simply emerged in our own time! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Daniel 12:10 smiley

Myer:

That's a powerful testimony. And I'm glad to hear that.
I hope to some day stop seeing the contradictions.
Cos it makes it difficult to hold a conviction of the teachings of the bible.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's not easy when you don't want to believe that there is an evil genius somewhere that is confusing the readers of the book {2Corinthians 4:4} and that the Almighty Author (God) is using His active force (Holy Spirit) to direct His own people into finding the correct Interpretation of His word {John 14:26, 16:12-13} which undeniable evidence is clear as a global family of peace loving worshipers simply emerged in our own time! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Daniel 12:10 smiley

Why do Christians make excuses for the bible's errors/contradictions but not other religious books like the Quran (Islam) or Talmud (Judaism) and other books?
Cos by this excuse every other religion can claim it's errors/contradictions too are simply caused by the devil.

At the end of the day, everyone is just following the religion or belief system that helps them make meaning to life and fulfills them.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2021
Myer:

Why do Christians make excuses for the bible's errors/contradictions but not other religious books like the Quran (Islam) or Talmud (Judaism) and other books?
Cos by this excuse every other religion can claim it's errors/contradictions too are simply caused by the devil.

At the end of the day, everyone is just following the religion or belief system that helps them make meaning to life and fulfills them.

Try to be focused my friend!

Do you believe that there is God? Then think of His attributes {Galatians 5:22-23} and do you believe Satan is a real person? Then think of what this evil genius can do.
Finally think of what to expect from the group that God's Holy Spirit is directing.
In this manner you'll overcome all this confusion when you're able to sought things out by IDENTIFYING the MARK of pure worship! Matthew 7:16-18

Forget about whatever any group call themselves just focus on the attributes expected of the true God, even if they call themselves "Demons" so far the attributes of God's Holy Spirit is permeating their gathering then know that God is with them! Galatians 5:22-23

What you are hearing may confuse you but by the things happening in their midst you will know where God's Spirit is working! James 2:18-26 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by sonmvayina(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2021
hupernikao:

Did you check your history knowledge about it well?

I will give you a background, but try to read on this well.

1. Council of Nicea held in 325AD
2. It was a council of the Christian Church called by Constantine. That means the follower of Christ already existed.
3. It was to solve the problem created in the Eastern church by Arianism (doctrine). This means the doctrine of Christ was already in existence.

Ref: https://www.britannica.com/event/First-Council-of-Nicaea-325

Now note
I will give you 3 references on Rome historical timeline that put your claim as false.

1. Pope Stephen, Catholic Pope
Roman Catholic Pope (Pope Stephen I, 254–257) was referenced in a 3rd century contemporary writing (not the bible). Observe his time as Pope, 254AD, Nicea Council was 325. That was almost 100 years before the Constantine Council.
Ref: "Eng. Hist. Rev.", Jan., 1910, 111 sq.

That means, Christianity was already in Rome 100 years before the Council. Check your facts.

2. Nero Claudius Caesar, Roman Emperor
He was the fifth Roman emperor (54–68 ce), this is 300 years before the Council of Nicea.

He was known to persecute Christian Faith. Or at least, it was never disputed that Christianity existed during Nero reign. All literature pointing to Nero hard rule gave evidence of that.

3. Publius Cornelius Tacitus, (not a Christian) A Roman Senator, Historian and Politician.
Tacitus is widely regarded as one of the greatest Roman historians by modern scholars.

In his writing (Annals), he mentioned of the persecution of Christian Faith during Nero's days. Tacitus died 120 AD. That is over 200 years before Constantine

Let me give you an extract from his writings.

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus,

Above, He mentioned Christians and mentioned the Christus, of cause a reference to Christ Jesus, considering he accurately mentioned that:
... suffered the extreme penalty...at the hands of...Pontius Pilatus. That has a corroboration from the Bible itself, the King Pontius Pilate (but this is not our focus here).

I will leave you will room to go and do further studies on what you are saying to help you understand properly.

This means, historically and based on available contemporary document, the claim you put above is absolutely false.

Why?
We have existing materials that spoke about Christian Faith even 300 years before the Council of Nicea or before Constantine was ever born.

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia the founding Fathers of the Church believed that JESUS WAS NOT GOD, and later according to the facts in the Britannica Encyclopedia, the Catholic Bishops who attended the Church Council held in 341 AD in Antioch also believed that JESUS WAS NOT GOD nor was equal to God in anyway. This 341 AD Catholic doctrine nullified the Nicene Creed written in 325 AD, which proclaimed Jesus was God essentially making it a heretical teaching, a “Heresy” against the one true God and the Catholic Church. Later in 350 AD when the Emperor of Rome Constantius II took full power,
Christian Arianism, which believed Jesus was not God, became the official Catholic Church teaching, and the people who believed Jesus was God (Nicene Party/Orthodox Christians) were said to have been “Largely Crushed”, as written in the Britannica encyclopedia. After the death of the Emperor of Rome Constantius II, the Nicene party (Orthodox Christians) regained influence and power and in 381 AD they held another Church Council reaffirming the Nicene Creed, which believed Jesus was God being part of a Trinity of three separate male gods that were one god.

The tale of Jesus of Nazareth is a plagiaristic fable of Greek origins, constructed from various stories in the Tanakh that were about other people and events that had already occurred in that book’s timeline. Not only is Jesus not god, and can be considered to be a false god, but his entire story including the claim that he is the anointed King of the Jews as foretold in the Tanakh, is a plagiaristic fable copied from parts of older stories that already occurred hundreds of years earlier in the Tanakh timeline.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by orunto27: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2021
DON'T RACK YOUR BRAIN.

HE IS GOD IN HEAVEN, LORDGOD IN TRANSIT AND LORD ON EARTH AND HE IS EVERYTHING.

FOR EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH IS HIS AND TO HIM WE RETURN.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by orunto27: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
DON'T RACK YOUR BRAIN.

HE IS GOD IN HEAVEN, LORDGOD IN TRANSIT AND LORD ON EARTH AND HE IS EVERYTHING.

FOR EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH IS HIS AND TO HIM IS RETURNED EVERYTHING.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by achorladey: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Angels are never called Jesus' brothers rather it is men that are Jesus brothers no6 Angels.

Note it was not Angels Jesus sanctified but humans, the ones he sanctified are his brothers.

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

It is humans that are Jesus people not angels.

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Angels are ministers or servants to serve Christians in fact in the new heaven and new earth humans shall be higher than angels.

How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone,

Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Note the word 'stretch and spread' It means actual action not ideas. It means God is the one that carried the action by himself and alone.

You see that the kjv rendition of John 1vv1 is true that Jesus who was with God was also God himself [ part of the trinity]

God himself is three persons in one being, so Jesus was with God is actually God was with himself and no other external being apart from Jehovah.
Jesus christ therefore is actually one of the persons of Jehovah.

How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone

Anything will be typed to support their reasoning should you apply the reasoning he used here to what Jesus said concerning the day or the hour that no one knows except only the father. He will change direction into something esle.

His alone from his interpretation means Jesus is there. What does only mean then in the case of only the father knows the day or the hour?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
achorladey:

How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone

Anything will be typed to support their reasoning should you apply the reasoning he used here to what Jesus said concerning the day or the hour that no one knows except only the father. He will change direction into something esle.

His alone from his interpretation means Jesus is there. What does only mean then?

good this people use double standard as long as it suite them.

Cc maximus going by your logic when Jesus said only the father knows the day and time of his coming, it does not mean the father alone
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There you go! cheesy

Jesus and the father are one Almighty God.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
livingchrist:
good this people use double standard as long as it suite them.
Cc maximus going by your logic when Jesus said only the father knows the day and time of his coming, it does not mean the father alone

The context of each statement matters.
God said "i did it" it could mean i never employed anyone to work with me but Proverbs 8:22-30 has made us to understand that when God said "i did it" we shouldn't think He was alone during creation rather He meant everything was done according to His will. smiley

On the other hand Jesus has been with his friends for many years and now his friends asked him a question that he himself doesn't have the answer so he openly told them "only my father knows that" if you want to misconstrue that it's OK but i have given you the Interpretation that's working out fine fruit in the gathering of millions of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. So it's left for you to pitch your tent anywhere you please! smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Jesus and the father are one Almighty God.
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

@ John 17:22 Jesus said the same thing about his followers. Does it mean Jehovah, Jesus and the numerous disciples are one Almighty God? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus Experience Failure? / Easter In Nigeria / So, When Will Computers Have Souls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.