Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? (2974 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
livingchrist:

Angels are never called Jesus' brothers rather it is men that are Jesus brothers no6 Angels.

Note it was not Angels Jesus sanctified but humans, the ones he sanctified are his brothers.

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

It is humans that are Jesus people not angels.

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Angels are ministers or servants to serve Christians in fact in the new heaven and new earth humans shall be higher than angels.

How confused can one be! How can you say God was alone but not alone,
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Note the word 'stretch and spread' It means actual action not ideas. It means God is the one that carried the action by himself and alone.

You see that the kjv rendition of John 1vv1 is true that Jesus who was with God was also God himself [ part of the trinity]

God himself is three persons in one being, so Jesus was with God is actually God was with himself and no other external being apart from Jehovah.
Jesus christ therefore is actually one of the persons of Jehovah.

Hebrews 1:5-9, "God brings His first born into the earth" & "anointed His first born above his mates/peers= angels, Jesus brothers. His peers in the spiritual realm where Jesus received anointing.

Job 38:1-7, JEHOVAH corrected your FALSE claims.
Where did you see Trinity in Jehovah's description of his creation work @ Job 38:1-7?
@ Isaiah 44:24, Is "I"/myself" triune ?
Is "Himself" a reference to triune ?
Can you boldly tell your kids that "I" means 3?
grin grin grin grin

God's verified claim vs your GIBBERISH
grin grin grin grin

Proverbs 8:22 & John 1:1, your Trinity mentors, Geneva Bible says "Jesus is the word /wisdom (a spiritual being) begotten of God before both worlds"- (spiritual and physical world).

Bros, you're posting GIBBERISH.

grin grin
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
MightySparrow:
The same old question. Don't mind MaximumSide, JWs opinion is just one of myriad of opinions. JWs claim to know all, it is a lie. There opinion is not scripturally logical. Though, they want to force down your throat. Read the Bible yourself and other materials, make your own decision.
Bros, you are mouthing FALSE claims....
You have ZERO proof cheesy
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by AeroplaneApple: 12:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Trinity
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 8:38am On Jun 25, 2021
Myer:

I don't recall saying here that the Laws and Prophets were abolished.
I said there's a difference.
You said there's no difference.

I pointed you to just 2 clear examples of some of the differences.

Other examples include the laws and roles of Levites and High Priests. Were those not abolished?
After the tearing of the veil?

You arent clear in what you wrote above.

But i will state this for you that non of God's Law was abolished. None.

I will want you to read Stephen defence in Acts 7. How he explained the Law, and why Moses gave a second Law and what was God's true intention of the temple (this is where Levi/Priest comes in).

You will see from his defence what brought about the temple/tabernacle. Was it God's intention or man's desire to have a physical altar for their own God too as the heathen serve their gods.

Pay attention well to verse 36 - 52, it was well explained with much details.

Now, Read side by side with God's commandment from Sinai

Exo 34:29
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

His instruction on the position of His Law in the ark

Exo 25:16
And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony H5715 which I shall give thee.

21. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony H5715 that I shall give thee.

It was repeated severally
Exo 40:20
And he took and put the testimony H5715 into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:

Now read it side by side with [b]Deut 31:24-27

24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

What Moses gave later due to their rebellion and stiff neck.

So two Laws, one given by God on Sinai, always in the ark at the mercy seat. The other written by Moses for stiffneck people. Put by the side of the ark not in the ark. It was outside the ark of COVENANT.

Stephen referred to this Acts 7:51
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

That will let you define properly what is God's commandment and Law.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Do well and read again more slowly,
It was written that Jesus sanctified his brothers, was it Angel's Jesus sanctified and is Jesus a mediator to angels?
Get wisdom
Janosky:

Hebrews 1:5-9, "God brings His first born into the earth" & "anointed His first born above his mates/peers= angels, Jesus brothers. His peers in the spiritual realm where Jesus received anointing.

Job 38:1-7, JEHOVAH corrected your FALSE claims.
Where did you see Trinity in Jehovah's description of his creation work @ Job 38:1-7?
@ Isaiah 44:24, Is "I"/myself" triune ?
Is "Himself" a reference to triune ?
Can you boldly tell your kids that "I" means 3?
grin grin grin grin

God's verified claim vs your GIBBERISH
grin grin grin grin

Proverbs 8:22 & John 1:1, your Trinity mentors, Geneva Bible says "Jesus is the word /wisdom (a spiritual being) begotten of God before both worlds"- (spiritual and physical world).

Bros, you're posting GIBBERISH.

grin grin
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Myer(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
hupernikao:

You arent clear in what you wrote above.

But i will state this for you that non of God's Law was abolished. None.

I will want you to read Stephen defence in Acts 7. How he explained the Law, and why Moses gave a second Law and what was God's true intention of the temple (this is where Levi/Priest comes in).

You will see from his defence what brought about the temple/tabernacle. Was it God's intention or man's desire to have a physical altar for their own God too as the heathen serve their gods.

Pay attention well to verse 36 - 52, it was well explained with much details.

Now, Read side by side with God's commandment from Sinai

Exo 34:29
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

His instruction on the position of His Law in the ark

Exo 25:16
And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony H5715 which I shall give thee.

21. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony H5715 that I shall give thee.

It was repeated severally
Exo 40:20
And he took and put the testimony H5715 into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:

Now read it side by side with [b]Deut 31:24-27

24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

What Moses gave later due to their rebellion and stiff neck.

So two Laws, one given by God on Sinai, always in the ark at the mercy seat. The other written by Moses for stiffneck people. Put by the side of the ark not in the ark. It was outside the ark of COVENANT.

Stephen referred to this Acts 7:51
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

That will let you define properly what is God's commandment and Law.

I simply corrected your error because I never mentioned that the laws were abolished which you accused me of.

But since you brought it up, I was wondering what you meant since most Christian's agree that the ceremonial laws were abolished.

I'm surprised you're justifying your argument with allegories.

The issue is not about the significance of the role of Levites and Priests. But has the necessity for Levites and Priests been abolished or not?
Cos I'm not sure I get your stand on this.

Cos I was sure the bible stated clearly that Jesus tore the veil when he died.
And Hebrews teaches us that there is no longer the need for priests and high Priests who could only approach the Holy of Holies once in a year with chain tied around their feet in case God struck them down.

Cos now every Christian is supposed to have direct access to God. Hebrews 4:16
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
livingchrist:

It was written that Jesus sanctified his brothers, was it Angel's Jesus sanctified and is Jesus a mediator to angels?
Get wisdom

Jesus born again brothers are imperfect humans {Matthew 12:46-49} they needs to be sanctified before they can join his other spirit brothers in heaven (angels) {Luke 20:36} he will secure dwelling places for them in heaven where angelic sons of God live! John 14:1-4

So angels are Jesus' brothers from creation due their nature but humans can only become Christ's brothers through faith.

For your information, it's Christ's brothers that will be dispensing the spiritual food in the last days {Matthew 24:45} and if you don't know them your faith is worthless! Matthew 25:41-46

That's why JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization is shining brightly where all your religions are shamelessly hiding and unable to speak out with an IDENTITY! Proverbs 13:9

Mentioned the name of your church and let everyone know the source of your teaching, we are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES the one and only group working with the Holy Ones (Christ's brothers) that's why we are shining brightly throughout the earth! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus born again brothers are imperfect humans {Matthew 12:46-49} they needs to be sanctified before they can join his other spirit brothers in heaven (angels) {Luke 20:36} he will secure dwelling places for them in heaven where angelic sons of God live! John 14:1-4

Jesus never called any angel brother he only called humans who do the will of God the father his brothers.
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

The angel that related with John in the book of revelation called John his fellowservant not brother infact he said the fellow servant of John's brethren not our brethren.
If Jesus was brother of Angels then the angel would have called John and his brethren our brethren.

See how confused your organisation is, janosky is saying one thing while you are saying another thing, janosky said it was Anels that Jesus sanctified.

angels are Jesus' brothers from creation due their nature but humans can only become Christ's brothers through faith.
how can Jesus who is not an angel be a brother to angels?

Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Note from this verse Jesus took the form of a servant which means he was not a servant until he took the form.
But angels are servants the meaning of Angels means servants of God.

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

For your information, it's Christ's brothers that will be dispensing the spiritual food in the last days {Matthew 24:45} and if you don't know them your faith is worthless! Matthew 25:41-46

That's why JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization is shining brightly where all your religions are shamelessly hiding and unable to speak out with an IDENTITY! Proverbs 13:9

Mentioned the name of your church and let everyone know the source of your teaching, we are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES the one and only group working with the Holy Ones (Christ's brothers) that's why we are shining brightly throughout the earth! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Jesus said anyone who do his father's will are his brothers, so it is not a special privilege given to a selected few, all Christians are Jesus brothers and they all dish out spiritual food.

Satan can masquerade as an angel of light so it is not surprising that Jehovah satanic organisation try to imitate christianity.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50am On Jun 26, 2021
livingchrist:

Jesus never called any angel brother he only called humans who do the will of God the father his brothers.
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
The angel that related with John in the book of revelation called John his fellowservant not brother infact he said the fellow servant of John's brethren not our brethren.
If Jesus was brother of Angels then the angel would have called John and his brethren our brethren.
See how confused your organisation is, janosky is saying one thing while you are saying another thing, janosky said it was Anels that Jesus sanctified.
how can Jesus who is not an angel be a brother to angels?
Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Note from this verse Jesus took the form of a servant which means he was not a servant until he took the form.
But angels are servants the meaning of Angels means servants of God.
Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Jesus said anyone who do his father's will are his brothers, so it is not a special privilege given to a selected few, all Christians are Jesus brothers and they all dish out spiritual food.
Satan can masquerade as an angel of light so it is not surprising that Jehovah satanic organisation try to imitate christianity.
2 Corinthians 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Your argument is funny walahi talahi!

For your information, Muhammad Buhari is the President of Nigeria today but do you know that unless if scrutinizing his brothers from the same village will always address him with the position he now occupy? That's why he is addressed as "His Excellency" but when you ask of his origin then people will tell you that Muhammad was not born a President he became the President.
So before Jesus' coming to the earth he was an angel as in one of the spirit sons of God in the heavens, it was after his successful earthly assignment that he was given a position higher than his former brothers (angels) no matter how much you complicate issues for yourself this is the fact that will never change.

That's why the word of God says that even though Jesus was given authority over everything both in heaven and on earth, his authority was never above the person who gave him such authority {1Corinthians 15:27-28} because he is just an angel and after everything has been completed this angel will continue serving under the his father and God! John 20:17

So don't allow this trinity fallacy to run you mad by accusing everyone who speaks against it, i can see how furious you are now over the useless, worthless and fruitless trinity infused in your head, no wonder your ancestors in trinity were persecuting and executing people whenever anyone speaks against it. What else can you do now if not because there is freedom of speech expression and worship you would have started killing people over this trinity madness. Present a group performing as Christians and producing the fruit of the Holy Spirit, you can't but over trinity you want the heavens to fall! cheesy
Jesus was one of the creatures in heaven before his assignment on earth, there's no difference between sons except the first or last born, Jesus being God's firstborn son never meant he's not one of God's sons (angels)

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: Colossians 1:15

Stop insulting, abusing, and cursing people over your TRINITY doctrine, Jesus is a creature from God! Proverbs 8:22-31 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 6:58am On Jun 26, 2021
Jesus is Almighty God argue with yourself
Dont worry I will further expose your unbiblical teachings false witness.

MaxInDHouse:

Your argument is funny walahi talahi!

For your information, Muhammad Buhari is the President of Nigeria today but do you know that unless if scrutinizing his brothers from the same village will always address him with the position he now occupy? That's why he is addressed as "His Excellency" but when you ask of his origin then people will tell you that Muhammad was not born a President he became the President.
So before Jesus' coming to the earth he was an angel as in one of the spirit sons of God in the heavens, it was after his successful earthly assignment that he was given a position higher than his former brothers (angels) no matter how much you complicate issues for yourself this is the fact that will never change.

That's why the word of God says that even though Jesus was given authority over everything both in heaven and on earth, his authority was never above the person who gave him such authority {1Corinthians 15:27-28} because he is just an angel and after everything has been completed this angel will continue serving under the his father and God! John 20:17

So don't allow this trinity fallacy to run you mad by accusing everyone who speaks against it, i can see how furious you are now over the useless, worthless and fruitless trinity infused in your head, no wonder your ancestors in trinity were persecuting and executing people whenever anyone speaks against it. What else can you do now if not because there is freedom of speech expression and worship you would have started killing people over this trinity madness. Present a group performing as Christians and producing the fruit of the Holy Spirit, you can't but over trinity you want the heavens to fall! cheesy
Jesus was one of the creatures in heaven before his assignment on earth, there's no difference between sons except the first or last born, Jesus being God's firstborn son never meant he's not one of God's sons (angels)

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: Colossians 1:15

Stop insulting, abusing, and cursing people over your TRINITY doctrine, Jesus is a creature from God! Proverbs 8:22-31 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Jun 26, 2021
livingchrist:

Jesus is Alinighty God argue with yourself
Dont worry I will further expose your unbiblical teachings false witness.

Then

©who spoke from heaven introducing Jesus as "my beloved SON" ? Matthew 3:17, 17:5

©Who was Jesus' praying to? Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42; John 11:41-42

©Who was Jesus referring to when speaking with one of his disciples as "my father and your father,my God and your God" John 20:17

You can cry if you want but know that the truth has caught up with TRINITY so there is no hiding place again for fallacies! John 8:32 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2021
I can see the teaching of trinity is tormenting you,
Jesus is Jehovah God

MaxInDHouse:

Then

©who spoke from heaven introducing Jesus as "my beloved SON" ? Matthew 3:17, 17:5

©Who was Jesus' praying to? Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42; John 11:41-42

©Who was Jesus referring to when speaking with one of his disciples as "my father and your father,my God and your God" John 20:17

You can cry if you want but know that the truth has caught up with TRINITY so there is no hiding place again for fallacies! John 8:32 smiley
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
livingchrist:
I can see the teaching of trinity is tormenting you, Jesus is Jehovah God

Guy, TRINITY is DEAD! Revelations 18:4

That's why you can't find any group of worshipers practicing what trinity infused in your brains, all of you are just contradicting yourselves! Luke 11:23

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
See weeping, Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty! wail the more
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, TRINITY is DEAD! Revelations 18:4

That's why you can't find any group of worshipers practicing what trinity infused in your brains, all of you are just contradicting yourselves! Luke 11:23
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
Who are the worshipers of your God? cheesy

livingchrist:

See weeping, Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty! wail the more
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Who are the worshipers of your God? cheesy

All the saints in the bible worship my God.
Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty. You can continue to wail.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Confused dullard!
So it's only inside the Bible that worshipers of God could be found they're nowhere to be found today shey? cheesy

Well all the faithfuls in the Bible (including Jesus) worship my own God that's what Jesus told a woman! John 20:17 wink

livingchrist:

All the saints in the bible worship my God.
Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty. You can continue to wail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Weep on, Jesus is Jehovah God.
All Angels worship Jesus.

Hebrews 1:6
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

MaxInDHouse:
Confused dullard!
So it's only inside the Bible that worshipers of God could be found they're nowhere to be found today shey? cheesy

Well all the faithfuls in the Bible (including Jesus) worship my own God that's what Jesus told a woman! John 20:17 wink

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Don't let it pain you my friend, TRINITY is DEAD!
Meanwhile this is what was written in the Bible book of Hebrews 1:6

But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

Your fruitless Trinity ancestors misinterpreted the verse, Jesus worships his own God and Father that all faithfuls both in heaven and on earth worships! John 20:17 wink

livingchrist:

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't let it pain you my friend, TRINITY is DEAD!
Meanwhile this is what was written in the Bible book of Hebrews 1:6

But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

Your fruitless Trinity ancestors misinterpreted the verse, Jesus worships his own God and Father that all faithfuls both in heaven and on earth worships! John 20:17 wink

lol the same obesiance that the angel rejected from John?

Revelation 22:8
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what a pity! embarassed

You don't know the difference between the two! undecided

Well try to learn:

Noun
OBEISANCE

Demonstration of an obedient attitude, especially by bowing deeply; a deep bow which demonstrates such an attitude.
An obedient attitude.
~ Oxford Dictionary

So when a King is installed in the midst of God's people all the subjects are to do OBEISANCE to him but our worship belongs to only one person: the true God! John 17:3 smiley

livingchrist:

lol the same obesiance that the angel rejected from John?
Revelation 22:8
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what a pity! embarassed

You don't know the difference between the two! undecided

Well try to learn:

Noun
OBEISANCE

Demonstration of an obedient attitude, especially by bowing deeply; a deep bow which demonstrates such an attitude.
An obedient attitude.
~ Oxford Dictionary

So when a King is installed in the midst of God's people all the subjects are to do OBEISANCE to him but our worship belongs to only one person: the true God! John 17:3 smiley

E done tayy wey SENSE took flight outta him.
grin
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
livingchrist:

Nonsense & ingredients. grin
Bros,Your God is firstbegotten by whom?
If your claim is not DUBIOUS, why will God command angels to worship another being he brings into the world?

grin grin
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by Janosky: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
livingchrist:
Get wisdom
Mumu LIENUS, does Almighty God have brothers?
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by hupernikao: 9:24am On Jun 28, 2021
Myer:

I simply corrected your error because I never mentioned that the laws were abolished which you accused me of.

But since you brought it up, I was wondering what you meant since most Christian's agree that the ceremonial laws were abolished.

I'm surprised you're justifying your argument with allegories.

The issue is not about the significance of the role of Levites and Priests. But has the necessity for Levites and Priests been abolished or not?
Cos I'm not sure I get your stand on this.

Cos I was sure the bible stated clearly that Jesus tore the veil when he died.
And Hebrews teaches us that there is no longer the need for priests and high Priests who could only approach the Holy of Holies once in a year with chain tied around their feet in case God struck them down.

Cos now every Christian is supposed to have direct access to God. Hebrews 4:16

Firstly
I never accused you. You gave me a scripture as your defence of the Law and Prophets different from what Jesus taught. I only picked the scripture and explained. You gave me Matthew 5:38-44 as your defence and i pointed it out to you that you have to read in context of the discussion. I only referred you to verse 17 of the same teaching.

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Which is the context of Jesus' discussion. You cant explain Matthew 5:38-44 the way you did and yet avoid v 17 statement of abolish. It is in the context and needed to be explained. It wasnt an accusation.

Secondly

You need to read my last post and do a study on Stephen explanation of the Law. I also pointed out to you that our discussion here is the LAW OF GOD. What God gave Moses. That was God's plan and it never changed till today. If you dont get to see that God's law as his only law you will be seeing different things. And that is what Moses put in the ark. he never put the other in the ark.

Hebrews writer explanation was clear. God's law didnt change. Same instruction and promise to Abraham (Chapter 7), was renew in Chapter 8-9, Compared to Moses Law in Chapter 10, and you were told in Chapter 11, that God's law and promises are the same all through the Faith of the elders. Hebrews was never contradicting any part of the scriptures. It affirmed that God's law from Genesis is same all through the ages.

Lastly. I will give you two very key facts to help.

1. LEVITE
The role of Levites was initiated because there was a temple (a physical place where God is to dwell). But read OT well, God doesnt and cant dwell in house made with hands. The temple was man made, was never God's plan, Israel learnt that from Egypt and asked for a god (from Aaron) they can see or know where it dwells. Temple was initiated because of man's desire to have a physical, image or attribute of God as the heathen did. Read Exodus well. God's law to Israel was never a physical temple. God's plan was to indwell man. His spirit in man.

This is the same thing Moses and the prophets taught, same Jesus and Apostles taught. God in man.

Acts 7:48
“Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,”

Isaiah 66
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

This is the reason i told you to use Stephen explanation as your basis and cross check through the scriptures.
Stephen taught that it wasnt God who asked them for a physical temple. That alone removed the role of a Levites.

2. PRIEST
The true role of a Priest wasnt the one you see in temple either. God's Preist existed before the temple idea was ever concieved, even before Moses was born.

The first priest mentioned in the Bible is Melchizedek. He has no temple, no one knows his history. But he was called the high priest of God. No physical structure.

Melchizedek represent today the office of the priesthood the believer occupied today, not to serve in physical temple, but to serve God in his body and spirit.

Hence, the law of God was seen in practice even before the existence of Moses, and is the same God gave Moses, which Israel rejected, the same we have today. God's law is not Israel constitution, its the law of life, law for life.

Hence the bold in your response above is the very law God gave Moses, and also God's heart all through the ages to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Isaiah, Jesus, and all testified the same. It never changed.
Re: Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Zzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed: The ONLY Prophet ever Accused Of STEALING / Why I Became An Atheist / To All God-believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.