Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Female Bosses - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Bosses (17160 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Bosses by kushme: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
Omoluabiii:
Whenever you are around your female boss, keep your ego,
play the emotional nature, compliment it with a good appearance, a good hair cut, simple and neat dressing, & smell good, & be efficient at work...
You ll crack her open tottally, without any problem.
But when you put on the whole masculine ego, she ll make life hard for you...

Are you suggesting I should put up a feminine ego instead so as to please a female boss who would use the supposed toxic masculinity propaganda they so much complain about just to put my masculinity in check abi?

2 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by seniorgozman(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
They are the easiest to work with, just know their secret

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by VULCAN(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Your emotional intelligence is sky high.

You should write an ebook to tell others how to do it.

Well done.

Focusmind:
Just find a way of "ass licking" them. My first boss when I joined the banking sector was a woman. I would praise her to high heaven. Sometimes she came with food from home and while eating it, I would be like, " Madam, this food smells nice and your husband must be enjoying". She would laugh and always found ways of trying to tell me things so that I would give her the kind of answers she would want.

I would praise her and her kids to high heavens to the extent that I had to come to her house to coach her son that was preparing for Federal government college entrance exam then. She was so impressed that I was favored among the staff under her. She was mean to the core and was dreaded by all, but I found favor with her. Sometimes, she sent me to her house with driver to pick up something and I practically warmed myself to her. It was a game I played very well since I could not change or select my boss. She was the one doing appraisal and a lot of things are taken into consideration. If you have been into corporate world, you would understand.

There was time she did 10 years marriage anniversary and invited everybody, including staff. I was practically serving food, doing every chore. When people left that Sunday evening, I went to the back of the house and started washing plates and coolers with her Nanny. She came to the back of the house to drop some plates and found me and shouted that I should leave the place and stop washing the plates. I said, " madam, don't worry, it was nothing." She stood there and was looking at me.

It was around, 8:30pm and I was about to go. She was staying in a massive duplex in festac, while I was leaving at Ire-Akari estate. She insisted that I should not go, that I should go and sleep at their boys quarter. But I told her that tomorrow was Monday and I needed to go home and prepare for work. She said I should not bother coming to the office in the morning and should take two days off. I did stay in their house, helped her kids with their weekend homework and other things.

In the morning, before leaving, the husband gave me N10k and one new Turkish suite that he has not used before. The man is well to do anyway. Since that day, I was one of the most favored staff, recommending me for promotion. This was someone that everybody saw as "wicked" and feared by staff. She could shout to people anyhow and woe to you if you fail to balance your investment account after close of business.

When an opportunity came for someone to be recommended for a new project, she didn't waste time and put me forward. It was not that I was not good on my job, but I needed to build good relationship with her to help my career. In life and in corporate world, your boss can determine the trajectory of your growth. You must manage the person and play to his/her sentiments and massage ego.

But you must know your job and be dedicated. Adding interpersonal relationship and managing difficult bosses are just the icing on the cake.
Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:
I just want to know if I am the only one to notice it, some female bosses are usually overtly arrogant, abusive and overbearing and most times they bring their family problems to work and can't deal with the stress that comes with working.

This is not a misogynistic post just an observation from me. Do you guys also experience this.
I love female boss though than male boss .... she helped me became more matured via cheating me .... She didn't wanna but I acted jew due to phobia but now I'm experienced..... Waiting for the next one !

I had her entirely under my grip infact she has started telling me her personal life ... Her stories, Her kids, her husband, Her rise) ...... That's how I know .... A Margaret Thatcher oo ... Nothing sweeter than being the one to bell the cat grin

Just give them respect even the one their husband and children can't give them (For those ones wey be Ogbanje Margaret Thatcher) and be at their finger tips lobatan also be untop of your job (Her Job), Extremely skillful ......... Solve all her problems and alleviate all worries .... Shikom !!!

Maternal instinct will kick in automatically ..... if a ladies likes you, she will give you her heart ... Ask and it shall be given ...........

Also beware of jealous ones and backbiting ones.... dem go call u names tire .......... Mumu, Mama's pet, boy-boy.... Just dust your ears ....
Dem no fit be you .......

And be ready to backbite ooo and chit-chat with her, she go tell you everything that crawls in the office cheesy
... if ant crawl, she go call you grin ......

Fastest way to success in my view is via female boss.... Once she likes you, that's all !!

Male boss is like two lions inside a cage....... Na girls dem dey enjoy male boss wellwell .....

Opposite attracts cheesy.....

I only pray for Highly Skilled Female boss not those wey use Nyansh rise .... u won't learn anything ..... I hate ignorant boss (Female or male) ....

Imagine Working under Okonjo or Amina(Served under her Leadership years ago) chaiiii .... Just be ontop of your professional skills, they will take you round the world ... They don't want more ... No asslicking, No nonsense .... Just do your job .... be handy and skillful !!
Re: Female Bosses by samonak(m): 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Focusmind:
Just find a way of "ass licking" them. My first boss when I joined the banking sector was a woman. I would praise her to high heaven. Sometimes she came with food from home and while eating it, I would be like, " Madam, this food smells nice and your husband must be enjoying". She would laugh and always found ways of trying to tell me things so that I would give her the kind of answers she would want.

I would praise her and her kids to high heavens to the extent that I had to come to her house to coach her son that was preparing for Federal government college entrance exam then. She was so impressed that I was favored among the staff under her. She was mean to the core and was dreaded by all, but I found favor with her. Sometimes, she sent me to her house with driver to pick up something and I practically warmed myself to her. It was a game I played very well since I could not change or select my boss. She was the one doing appraisal and a lot of things are taken into consideration. If you have been into corporate world, you would understand.

There was time she did 10 years marriage anniversary and invited everybody, including staff. I was practically serving food, doing every chore. When people left that Sunday evening, I went to the back of the house and started washing plates and coolers with her Nanny. She came to the back of the house to drop some plates and found me and shouted that I should leave the place and stop washing the plates. I said, " madam, don't worry, it was nothing." She stood there and was looking at me.

It was around, 8:30pm and I was about to go. She was staying in a massive duplex in festac, while I was leaving at Ire-Akari estate. She insisted that I should not go, that I should go and sleep at their boys quarter. But I told her that tomorrow was Monday and I needed to go home and prepare for work. She said I should not bother coming to the office in the morning and should take two days off. I did stay in their house, helped her kids with their weekend homework and other things.

In the morning, before leaving, the husband gave me N10k and one new Turkish suite that he has not used before. The man is well to do anyway. Since that day, I was one of the most favored staff, recommending me for promotion. This was someone that everybody saw as "wicked" and feared by staff. She could shout to people anyhow and woe to you if you fail to balance your investment account after close of business.

When an opportunity came for someone to be recommended for a new project, she didn't waste time and put me forward. It was not that I was not good on my job, but I needed to build good relationship with her to help my career. In life and in corporate world, your boss can determine the trajectory of your growth. You must manage the person and play to his/her sentiments and massage ego.

But you must know your job and be dedicated. Adding interpersonal relationship and managing difficult bosses are just the icing on the cake.
I am sure you must have read the 48 laws of power and mastered the lessons thoroughly especially the chapter on " Never outshine the Master". You must be an ardent student of "office politics".

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by NothingDoMe: 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
walkingshadow911:

you just described mine.
always naging here and there like a cork-gargling bitch.
i always keep my cool anyway, and she often found me mysterious.
That's the best way to handle them. Women fear what they do not understand. No woman can enter you if they don't understand you.

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by bluefilm: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:
I just want to know if I am the only one to notice it, some female bosses are usually overtly arrogant, abusive and overbearing and most times they bring their family problems to work and can't deal with the stress that comes with working.

This is not a misogynistic post just an observation from me. Do you guys also experience this.

Female bosses are the worst of the worsts.
Re: Female Bosses by angelfallz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
In other become a yes man so that you get into your female boss's good books.
That is just disaster loading.

It is quite unfortunate that you turned it around and made it about the subordinates instead of the real culprits which are some female bosses

Nijagogetsense:
Female boss are the easiest personality to deal with. It's not about them, it is about you.

When dealing with a female boss, one thing you need to master is your emotions. Forget your ego and stoop to conquer. Make sure you always compliment them. Anytime she make a decision, flatter her and say you look up to her. Bingo! You're starting to getting her fall into your trap. She will start thinking about you. Don't stop there, buy her gifts. Compliment her. Make sure you know more about her. Make her a friend. Be interested in her like a family. But never lose yourself. Be professional in your work. Watch as events unfold and she will be fond of you.
Re: Female Bosses by angelfallz(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mr Ass licker, your types are the worst kind of people to have as subordinates.

[s]
Focusmind:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I once had a Rtd major general as a boss.. no be small thing my eye see..

I think it all streams down to personality or individuality rather than gender

Female bosses are cool with male subordinates from my view
Only male Surbodinates that sabi chike woman ooo not just any male ......

Yes ma, yes ma ... carry bag, open door... Drive car when need be .....

Stay her back like ADC as she dey roll nyansh for front ...... If she carry two legs carry one leg ... if she look up, concentrate your face on her ... make her central of your attention ......

... compliments her dress, her appearance, tell her when she look rough so she can freshen up in the convenience ...........

Compliment her sense of reasoning and decision making ....... Stay ontop of your Job (Her job) .... Cleanse her worries, beat deadline ... Stay principled and Professional so she can remove romance from her thought process ....

Watch her back ..... backbite with her ooo and chit-chat with her .......... Sef, una go talk people except she is a full professional then you will be saved if not .... tatafo must dey grin

Aswear, she will take you places more than anyone ...... she will make you see things and open all her Brain to you .... Secrets upon Secrets .... you go hear wheennnnnn !!

But for male, except una dey break bottles(Beer) together and follow dey carry olosho grin abi runz girl .... you go be jew and once you are a jew .... you no go see things grin..

I prefer female boss(If she's guru in the field)..Her Maternal instinct can be easily explored ......

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by merits(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:
Female boss are the easiest personality to deal with. It's not about them, it is about you.

When dealing with a female boss, one thing you need to master is your emotions. Forget your ego and stoop to conquer. Make sure you always compliment them. Anytime she make a decision, flatter her and say you look up to her. Bingo! You're starting to getting her fall into your trap. She will start thinking about you. Don't stop there, buy her gifts. Compliment her. Make sure you know more about her. Make her a friend. Be interested in her like a family. But never lose yourself. Be professional in your work. Watch as events unfold and she will be fond of you.

The guru,I know you go don f.uck female boss tire grin

Re: Female Bosses by EmmyDJourno: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
I prefer female bosses, they are open and easy to handle if your work ethics are top notch

I once lied to a female boss to cover up my Friend and she started liking me from that day coz she saw loyalty even though she knew I was lying grin

Just think ahead of them, envisage problems and solve them, deliver on your mandates wink

Engage in healthy gossips with them cheesy

Las las you go dey alright kiss

Male bosses are threatened by my Alpha personality,
they see me as a threat, which Female bosses see me as their Go-to Gangster cool
Re: Female Bosses by StUriah(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
Jcash90:
Most of my female bosses always want me to knack dem.

I once had a very young Single Mother of one as my boss some years ago. Everybody disliked her oppressive & authoritative postures in the office. Even virtually all the ladies in the office work with her in fear. Nobody wanted to lose his or her job. As for me, I didn't use to hide my opinions about how things are supposed to be run. Even when she give quarries or suspension I usually intervene in a matured manner to appeal to her on behalf of the junior staff.

It got to a point, she was relating to me in a seductive ways. To cut the story short. I fvcked my boss on a platter of gold, severally, and even one time in her office when we stayed late writing a business proposal together.

She is presently in the UK with her child.
Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
Focusmind:

Na you get sense pass but washing plates was too far ooo ..... I can only maximally help pack plates and drop for those who will wash peradventure she didn't hire caterers and she is on the job herself just to ease her stress ....... If not, me will comot ooo ...... Domestic Chores kwa .... If you lick their ass too much, they will turn you to bomboy and the day you say NO is the day he'll will pour out its fury .....

Define the relationship from start .... Start in Office, End in Office .... !!

I no dey gree go boss home oo, Stay Professional.... start and end in office ....

That's the cause of fight between me and my present boss (Male), he wanna turn me to homie and I know na style he go use come F girls in my Holy Ghost covered House .... cheesy ..

Only thing is to be atop of your job and be the best on her job, If she gives you 3days, fulfil the job next day morning even if you know normalnormal it should take 3days.... shikom .... leave Domestic Chores for others grin........

Never do just like that to any boss o .... if you meet wicked ones, they will take advantage of you and they day you had enough, you will just lose all your expected privileges .....

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
stanliwise:
we aren’t talking about a female colleague. We are talking about a boss. Stop saying it’s about you.
If she is toxic, she is toxic. And you don’t expect every employee to understand how to manage everyone emotion.

Let’s be real here
True !
Re: Female Bosses by walkingshadow911: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
NothingDoMe:
That's the best way to handle them. Women fear what they do not understand. No woman can enter you if they don't understand you.

you are right, i once overheard her telling a female staff she doesn't understand me that I'm egocentric. sometimes she would go haywire and tries to bully me like she always does to others. but i wont alter a word, just smile and continue with ma work. few minutes later, she would passed by and crack jokes with me and we both smile.
sometimes she would buy snacks and offer me somu.
Maybe am not the asslicking type, anyway i am the only male staff there. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
@ OP. For female boss I leave everything to God, I saw wickedness and witchcraft in high places at the end when my promotion came she make sure I was relieved of my good paying job. Fear Edo Ladies.
This one also dey !!
Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
TruthUntold:

Clearly you haven't met women who hate being complimented, them eye-don-open women who will watch with a knowing smile while you attempt to play the #game on them, hm hm.
You try sha.
True .... But you just have to study her psychology and philosophy before you launch your salvos .....

God help you if you compliment a Jehovah Witness female boss or Deeper life abi Malimatu Hajia Alhaja .... You go bomb ni cheesy

Watch before you jump ooo .... Chai, women get wahala grin
Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
gentleguy1975:
Mehn! I worked under a woman for one month and I saw hell! the person that introduced me to her had forwarned me about her but added that her sister is very generous.Those 30 days were like years in hell,so insultive and come to think of it,she is an illiterate!
Na dem ... That's insecurity right there ..... !
Re: Female Bosses by Vyzz: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:

Sounds to me like buying Friendship...

What if I am an Introvert and all I want to do is work with all my heart.

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by DonroxyII: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
The female boss I worked with was confused about me. I made her feel as my boss but only with the office and it's premise. I gave her more loyalty than she deserves BUT she recognizes (then) the gangster in me. I dress well with expensive perfume. I eat well & she met my girlfriend once outside our work premise.
On her birthday, I bought her two (2) different bottles of wine and she know how much I earned as my salary. It was after I left the company that I confessed her feeling for me and we hooked up 3 times and I left her.

But she's hostile to other subordinates. Very hostile. Her name is Adesua

No need to mention places boss man ... that's your eff ... I like your style with her but the fvcking part and here you running mouth ... grin

You just chop white Soup tongue

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by Jazzman01: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
They are very disgusting.
Re: Female Bosses by Aliyuminna(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:

It is the worst experience. You will start to hate women.
Re: Female Bosses by Generaloluseye: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
1bunne4lif:
yes, you're right. I rejected a job after a successful interview in PH because of this. THE LADY WAS LIKE; if you want to say something, you have to call me ma! I am your boss! AS IF I DON'T KNOW THAT. very annoying
Re: Female Bosses by Rhu4xce: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
sisisioge:
Stop this already....there are good bosses and bad bosses, their gender has nothing to do with their personalities.

All this nonsense about gender bias in the work place has to stop. I'm sure you are male and have had or heard of a bad male boss before.

Maam, dudes here are jez giving their opinions. Ive had experiences with a female boss, heard of the constant experience with a female boss from a close pal. There is nothing like gender based there, sure there are bad and good ones, but i bet it with u 80% are the former.
Re: Female Bosses by Yaks02(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:

Madam Ladipo will resist all these
Road 14 in Lekki
U can't just stand that woman
Re: Female Bosses by arthurwillia(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
Imagine a woman asking her Worley why she’s asking her stup$d question Omo after one week I no go the work agsin
Re: Female Bosses by bitbillionaire: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
sisisioge:
Stop this already....there are good bosses and bad bosses, their gender has nothing to do with their personalities.

All this nonsense about gender bias in the work place has to stop. I'm sure you are male and have had or heard of a bad male boss before.
Re: Female Bosses by Focusmind: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
VULCAN:
Your emotional intelligence is sky high.

You should write an ebook to tell others how to do it.

Well done.

People are here lambasting me. But they won't understand. Immediately I got what I wanted, I left her sharply. People don't know that sometimes, you have to play "mugu" to get what you want and move on. That same woman wrecked some people's career in that bank. Some left out of annoyance and shredding and couldn't find their footings again in the corporate environment.

I was just an Executive trainee that just started his career and wouldn't want any sadist to truncate my progress. I had to do what I did without any regret and the return was worth it.

For those claiming Alpha male and degrading my person, you have your choices to make and I made mine when I did, considering the awkward circumstances stacked against me. I am sure some people learnt something from the experience I just shared.

4 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Tzark94: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
Egein:
The only positive thing I've seen about female bosses are in certain Xvideos categories.

"Ebony femdom boss rocks male secretary BBC".

Guy you be fool cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Female Bosses by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
DonroxyII:
No need to mention places boss man ... that's your eff ... I like your style with her but the fvcking part and here you running mouth ... grin

You just chop white Soup tongue

You're right. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHCN Worker Electrocuted At Alagbaka, Akure, Ondo State / Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus / Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.