Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? (61082 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by souldeep(m): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
Do u really think u need our advice for such an issue?
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Roseey0(f): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stay away from that family.

When the man ask, tell him his wife is a gossip straight to his face. You stayed away because you no want wahala. Simple
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by overlord77: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:
. Well, stuffs like this ain't part of me but the husband being a traveling man, whenever she ' buys market', I stand in for the husband to apologise and I've never told the husband about it. So, me being a gossip, that's not me.

You are an aproko just as @fannybaby hinted but you don't know it yet. I think the problem is, y'all have lots of free time on your hands. Imagine both men and women competing on aproko-ness grin in one compound. The whole idea of this one moves in and is my brother or sister from my state, says it all.
Minding one's business is serious business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Nickymichy(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
OP can't you mind your business? Do you think the husband doesn't know his wife and her mouth problem?. That's why I don't fancy all this neighborhood friendship...i come home after work and i get out in the morning to go look for my daily bread.. circle continues...

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Bigseven(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2021
Called a spade, a spade. Tell you compound brother his wife mouth is poisonous thats Why wuna dey sideline him. Period. Den go beat u? Abi u go die?
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by oluwafemiabioye(f): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:
Good morning and sorry to disturb you with this but I had a sleepless night and I thought to share this with someone.....who else if not my good brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

About a year ago I moved in to a new compound and discovered one of my neighbors came from the state as me and we easily bonded and became like brothers, our wives not from the same state as us too became close. A few months later, another lady from the same state as us too moved in and became a part of the relationship.

Things became sour when we started noticing what other neighbors had tried to draw our attention to, being that my said brother's wife is a chronic liar and busy body who creates tension between people with her lies.

My wife and I had a fight when she told my wife I said she was the cause of my parents HBP. What I actually said to her husband while she was in the kitchen was " my wife tells my parents about our fights and I don't like it because they are hypertensive".

Among others, if she gives you #100, she tells people it's #10000, if she eats your food, she goes out and says no maggi or this and that. She calls you a miser while she can't ordinarily do more than you.

She had even matchmaked our sister in the compound with another man, the man later told our sister his colleague had brought him to collect his share of the "kpekus" and to eat her money but he can't go through when he realized she was a good woman with a good heart.

Now this said sister went for her introduction with another man last week Saturday without telling them because of his wife and her mouth. He called me as a man and complained to me how he felt bad when he saw others congratulating her while he knew nothing about it.

This man is a good man, very good but his wife is the problem. I don't want to tell him he wasn't informed because of his wife and I don't want to lie to him as a brother.

I faked a call and said we'd talk about it today.

My good brothers and sisters and elders on Nairaland, I need your matured advice. Thanks

If I where in your shoes, I will just mind my business.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Kakamorufu(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
play dumb and keep your distance
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Zenithpeak(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:
Good morning and sorry to disturb you with this but I had a sleepless night and I thought to share this with someone.....who else if not my good brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

About a year ago I moved in to a new compound and discovered one of my neighbors came from the state as me and we easily bonded and became like brothers, our wives not from the same state as us too became close. A few months later, another lady from the same state as us too moved in and became a part of the relationship.

Things became sour when we started noticing what other neighbors had tried to draw our attention to, being that my said brother's wife is a chronic liar and busy body who creates tension between people with her lies.

My wife and I had a fight when she told my wife I said she was the cause of my parents HBP. What I actually said to her husband while she was in the kitchen was " my wife tells my parents about our fights and I don't like it because they are hypertensive".

Among others, if she gives you #100, she tells people it's #10000, if she eats your food, she goes out and says no maggi or this and that. She calls you a miser while she can't ordinarily do more than you.

She had even matchmaked our sister in the compound with another man, the man later told our sister his colleague had brought him to collect his share of the "kpekus" and to eat her money but he can't go through when he realized she was a good woman with a good heart.

Now this said sister went for her introduction with another man last week Saturday without telling them because of his wife and her mouth. He called me as a man and complained to me how he felt bad when he saw others congratulating her while he knew nothing about it.

This man is a good man, very good but his wife is the problem. I don't want to tell him he wasn't informed because of his wife and I don't want to lie to him as a brother.

My good brothers and sisters and elders on Nairaland, I need your matured advice. Thanks

You got nothing to tell my bro else, you'll be treated as busybody.... Just protect yourself and your wife from her venoms. How sure are you that her husband doesn't know about her bad manners? The man may be playing dumb about it to avoid high blood pressure.

DO NOT ASSASSINATE YOUR CHARACTER BY YOURSELF.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Mayeldah(m): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stay away from face me I face you house, you won't listen.

abeg next story joor!
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Nelgenius4me(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mr Man keep what ever you know within your own family circle. If you let anything out to your friend, just note that the world will hear from his loose canon of a wife.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Flexxinice: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Just tell him as it is and let him deal with it as he chooses!
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by gentleibraheem(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2021
I Love Been Blunt. therefore, i hardly worry about anything.
what courtesy are you trying to employ or do you belong to the use style and tell him set of people?. Bruv youre a man and he is a man. A bruv for that matter. tell him wats up and if he cant handle it, then forget about him.
Bana son stress. never
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by GOFRONT(m): 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
Op, pls is your nieghbour's kpekus still available for grabs??
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Come out to him bluntly that his wife is a disgrace to him and everyone has been trying to avoid him because of his wife
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by deavicky(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
From all I see, the woman might just be saying things the way she sees them.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by darlenese(f): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Here's what you should say "

I didn't hear of it too, I guess they don't want to make it public untill the actually wedding takes place .

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by EkoErrands: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:

I just read your story from start to the 2nd to the last line and stopped and told myself thank God I didnt read everything...
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by koyyess: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:

'Good' men love 'bad' women. I say 'good' because your friend knows the type of woman he married and chose to wife her. What does that make him?? You think say na mumu abi?

He knows her good and bad sides while she knows his mumu button wella. cool

Next time, stop going to judge your marital woes to your neighbor. You ought to know better. Abi you wan cause the same fight wey dey shake ya own domot?

Go and solve your marriage problems jare!!
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Gambit23: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:

https://www.healthline.com/health/pathological-liar
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Avast(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
mattbass:
Run away from liars.
Op this is the best advise.
Ọlọhun awa pẹ̀lú e oo
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by oyejideogunjumo: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
You don't need to tell him.
1. He knows his wife already more than how you people know her because they live together. He has seen it as his cross that is why he pretends as if he didn't know.
2. If you tell him you too have become like her, so keep quiet.
3. It is better you know already who she is so know what you say in her presence.
4. By the way it is not compulsory you keep friends just because you are from the same state. Even in the family know who to relate with.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Pravedk: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2021
Oga, make more money and move out of that house.

Until then, mind your business.

This brother this brother that na wahala

If a man f*CK up ,tell am and move

E go be
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by chiefconerstone: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
He is not complaining. He is happy with his marriage. If he did not discover what you already know, he wouldn't believe you and that will be fresh trouble. He may even like her busy body.
My brother just look the other way, protect your home, and pray for the best.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Ofunaofu: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
GOFRONT:
Op, pls is your nieghbour's kpekus still available for grabs??
Didn't you read where it was stated that the neighbour did her marriage introduction last week Saturday
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
Klass99:
Loose lips sink ships.

Considering you all have a friendly relationship that goes beyond just being neighbours. I think you should tell your neighbour/village brother, you will be doing him a disservice by keeping quiet.

He already feels bad that he wasn't aware of the marriage introduction of your female neighbour and he may be wondering what on earth did I do, to be passed over with that information.

I'm sure he was aware of wifey's character prior to you moving to that area (I hear most husbands know their wives already and vice-versa) but perhaps if he hears it from you (a close friend) he may begin to really understand how her attitude damages relationships and he might do something about it.

Ngkman, please next time paragraph your post and use pen names like Dan, Chika etc for your narrative. The flow of your story wasn't easy to understand with the constant use of he, she, her, brother, sister - I couldn't tell who you were referring to sometimes, communication should be easy to understand my brother.

God bless u, it's thru the comments I understood what the story was about
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by RichAbujaGuy: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
Op, it may be too late for you. seems like you are approaching talkative wahala territory instead of focusing your energies on positive tingz.

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless. How many of them?
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by NotGej: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
In all you do in this Life learn to mind your business in all settings you find yourself in. I know this advice will be hard for some as Nigerians always immerse themselves in other peoples business.

Imagine what you’ve gotten yourself into. “Cook without Maggi gossip” etc.

My advice to you is for you to do that which you have a n mind as you willfully got yourself entangled in your village, yard people’s brouhaha.

In everything, let wisdom guide you (Egi, 1930).
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by mosaicafrique: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market, Ojo lagos and Lagos island Region
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by aniblue(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Why not mine your business & face your family ?
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by alizma: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
ngkman:

That is very simple. Call him and tell him that in life some people take certain decision not because the hate the other person but for a reason best known to them and in the car at hand, tell her that the lady in question could never have take such decision without good reason in the interest of all of you guys. Then you will tell him to handle things as a matured man, he should continue to act along as you guys have been together but later on when everything settled down, he can call the lady and express how he feel about the whole thing. Tell him he is a good husband and you are believing that he can handle the issue at hand maturely.
With this he will do everything to act naturedly and the lady in question will feel guilty when he noticed that the guy don't seems to pick offense then by the time he eventually approach her to express how bad he feels for having to hear from outsiders despite how close you guys are, the lady will be tempted to say something that will give him clue on why she decided not to tell them. Success
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? by Unrated900(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
I do Not even understand your story self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money / Man weeps after discovering he’s not the biological father of his child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.